PDA

View Full Version : [Event] Decoration Contest!

Kreen
02-05-2011, 04:59 AM
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/news_nova.pnghttp://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/event_art.pnghttp://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/news_liberator.png

Decoration Contest!
Date: Friday, February 4th - Friday, February 11th
Time (*CHANGED*!!): Judging will start at 6:30pm CST/7:30pm EST on Friday, February 11th

Who here has the most awesome looking house? Have you ever spent painstaking hours adjusting, rotating, and pushing things into place? Do you have the best-decorated building in all of Nova?!

Then this event is just for you! Join the SWGEmu EC team as we scour the galaxy for the best-decorated house. This event will take place on the Nova server, and we're going to get all you would-be home decorators a few days to get prepared. Here's how it's going to work: we have chosen a flat open surface on Dantooine for you all to build at. The waypoint is 4276, -2708. On the tournament day, we will look at all the houses at and around that area, so make sure you place your house as close to the waypoint as possible. At the center is a guild hall that has already been placed. Lay down your houses as close to it and make things nice and squished so we've got plenty of room! We will have a bit of a party as we tour each and every house, until we finally reach them all, head back to the guild hall, make a decision, and crown the winner!

As for submission guidelines, all house styles are accepted, though be warned! We are looking for small details, ingenuity in crafting/naming/arranging, and overall impressiveness. Empty rooms will count against you, so don't place a huge guild hall unless you can decorate it to its fullest. Small houses with intricate rooms may be the better for the contest. When naming your houses, put both your Nova and Liberator character names in the description field. (e.g. "Nova: Kreen Liberator: Ariana"). Feel free to go color crazy, but if we can't figure out your Nova/Liberator names from the title, we may not be able to give you a prize.

Now you may be thinking, oh big deal, an icky house contest on Nova, who cares? Well, this is where you'd be wrong, cause the contest is not just on Nova. While the server is the medium, Liberator will be where the prizes are handed out! Here are the goodies you could win!

1st Place:
Unique 1st Place Forum Achievement
In-game "Interior Designer Winner" Badge
("...winner of the Galactic Home Show and recognized as being an exceptional interior designer")
In-game Cosmetic Alteration! (This will allow you to be a different NPC or creature of your choice until the server resets)

2nd Place:
Unique 2nd Place Forum Achievement
In-game "Memorable Personality" Badge
("...has been recognized as having a memorable personality")

3rd Place:
Unique 3rd Place Forum Achievement
In-game "Politician" Badge
("...has mastered the Politician Profession")

So come on down, and get your design gears moving!

Winners!

Congratulations to the winners for the Nova Decoration Contest! If you want to see the winning entries, along with the other submissions, head on over to the waypoint listed above and see some pretty awesome entries! Thanks to everyone for coming out!

1st Place: Poge
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/art_gold.png

2nd Place: Chalol
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/art_silver.png
(Chalol, we need to know your forum account name!)

3rd Place: Zalaxy
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/art_bronze.png

Areak
02-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Im so there!

loftkilla
02-05-2011, 07:27 AM
ahah, Im about it....Im gonna do something Uber awesome.

Shadowreap
02-05-2011, 01:28 PM
can i be a rainbow colored mandalorian if i win ?

Kreen
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
can i be a rainbow colored mandalorian if i win ?

Sadly, only reaaaallly special people can be rainbows. But I believe you can totally be a mandalorian ;)

Shadowreap
02-05-2011, 10:17 PM
how do i become reallly special then ? lmao

Mercedes
02-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi, I was just at those coordinates. I do not see any guild hall yet. Was it supposed to start on February 4th? Or am I simply at the wrong spot?

loftkilla
02-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Hi, I was just at those coordinates. I do not see any guild hall yet. Was it supposed to start on February 4th? Or am I simply at the wrong spot?

Feb 4h was the announcement date, the event takes place on the 11th

Kreen
02-06-2011, 01:42 AM
The event has already started! The judging will take place on the 11th, but you have until then to set up and decorate your houses.

Make sure you're logging onto the Nova server and not Liberator. Also make sure you're on Dantooine. I just checked, and the guild hall is definitely there, along with one house already!

desloc
02-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Suggestion..
Why not have categories?
Best Small House
Best Medium House
Best Large House
Best Guild Hall

It's hard to compare a Guild hall which has more room for creativity to a small house... just my 2 cents.

Kreen
02-06-2011, 07:25 AM
A good suggestion, though for simplicity's sake, I think it would be easier to have a simple 1st-3rd sort of category. Though, with larger structures, you have more rooms and area to decorate, so you have to sacrifice a bit of detail that could go into a smaller house with more intricate rooms. It's up to the player to decide if they want to go for the big or the small. Rest assured, we will be looking for ingenuity, and bigger houses will not have any sort of advantage.

If all goes well with this competition, we'll keep that in mind if we do it again. Also, who knows; if we have a hundred entries or some staggering amount, we may have to rethink the prize criteria before the judging! :)

desloc
02-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Okay :) I see. Well once Nova comes back up I'll definitely begin.

Shadowreap
02-06-2011, 03:38 PM
there should be a prize for all entrants :D

Zalaxy
02-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Is there any possibility of a blue frog being spawn at that location? Or is there one there already?

Kreen
02-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Is there any possibility of a blue frog being spawn at that location? Or is there one there already?

Afraid not, though remember that what you name your items takes a part in the overall impact. If you construct a fish tank and the base is a "Basic Chest", that isn't as good as a base that is named "Fish Tank". I would stock up on resources, master architect, and then build your own decorations. It'd save you trips and give you some flexibility with naming!

Kezzar
02-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Don't forget to post any bugs you run into on Manits! :)

Mercedes
02-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Found it. I'm going to win, yesss!!

Shofu
02-10-2011, 08:28 AM
cant setup any house in this area :(

Edit : ok ..i made it ... u just need to go to a low point where the Battlefield Fence disapear

Hakry
02-10-2011, 12:50 PM
cant setup any house in this area :(

Edit : ok ..i made it ... u just need to go to a low point where the Battlefield Fence disapear

Fixed it so this will no longer be an issue.

Kreen
02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Judging is tomorrow! Can't wait to see some of the houses! :D

Remember to make your house public so we can walk in and see it!

Hakry
02-10-2011, 07:52 PM

The housing population in the area has grown, and there is almost someone out there every time I check.

I think its going to be a hard decision!

Zalaxy
02-11-2011, 12:51 AM

How is the judging going to be done by the way(between three judges, popular vote, grading criteria, etc.)? Do we need to be present during the ceremony? Could you guys add a shuttleport/port during the ceremony in case anyone wants to drop by who didn't make a house?

I almost regret picking a guild hall to decorate...The decorating...never...ends...

Kreen
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
*Important Update!*

To give people a little more time to add finishing touches, the event will not start until 6:30pm CST/7:30pm EST.

As for judging, the EC team will be the judges for the competition. There is not a strict grading criteria, simply due to the vast diversity possible between all the houses. We are looking for ingenuity in design and originality, as well as overall impressiveness. Rest assured that we will discuss each entry privately and in-depth before making a decision :)

Also, you do not need to be present for the ceremony, but I would suggest it. It's always nice to hear people compliment your artwork. As for shuttling, I will look and see if this is a possibility, though I think there's a nearby town that may have a shuttleport on it. If it's not possible with the current commands implemented, I'm afraid you'll have to swoop on over via the Mining Outpost.

Ubuu
02-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Dear Nova,
Get Well Soon,

Ubuu

:)

Hakry
02-11-2011, 11:30 PM
I am waiting until 8pmEST/7pmCST to start judging houses because of the downtime!

Please make sure they are public!

CmdrDarmic
02-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Congratulations to Poge for winning the contest. Awesome job!

Ubuu
02-12-2011, 01:54 AM
congrats Poge, awsome house

Cant wait to see the youtube video hehe

MaelDiablo
02-12-2011, 02:05 AM
With what did you bribe the jury???? Congrats Poge :)

Zalaxy
02-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Congrats Poge! Chalol Walked away with second. If anyone is curious they should check out the houses in person. There were tons of great houses and it was a very close margin in my opinion between all contestants.

Kreen
02-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Thanks to everyone for coming and participating! Congratulations to the winners. Be sure to go visit their houses on Nova, they're pretty awesome!

Shofu
02-12-2011, 02:17 AM
good job all :)
very nice work :)
gz to Poke , chalol and zalaxy :D

FistOfDisturbed
02-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Just wrapped up the rough video for the emulator house decoration contest. It has a "ad" for the game at the beginning, and reels through "most" of the houses. Sry if yours isn't in it, worked in as much footage as i could / with musixxxx *Posting link in a second.*

FistOfDisturbed
02-12-2011, 03:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9JbSFAcz3E Theres my coverage of the event's houses. Also, the little "ad" i made up for it. Hope you guys like it. ^^

Kreen
02-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the video!

Xitru
02-12-2011, 06:17 AM
congrats to the winners great Job !!!

Elvaron
02-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Anyone feel like hosting it on a platform that won't tell me "Content by Sony Entertainment is not available in your country."?

Shofu
02-12-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9JbSFAcz3E Theres my coverage of the event's houses. Also, the little "ad" i made up for it. Hope you guys like it. ^^

sony content .. no way to see it in germany :/

Shadowreap
02-12-2011, 04:50 PM
what costume did the winner pick ?

MaelDiablo
02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
what costume did the winner pick ?

I believe he is running around the server as an R2 unit.

Ubuu
02-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I believe he is running around the server as an R2 unit.

I'm definatly jelous now! :P

Chalol
02-12-2011, 07:18 PM
The account is chalol.

Hakry
02-12-2011, 08:09 PM
The account is chalol.

Well thats easy enough. Thanks!

Mercedes
02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Yesssss, My house made it in the video!!! Thank you