PDA

View Full Version : [Event] Operation Dewback: Dantooine (PvP)

Kreen
09-20-2011, 04:51 AM
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/logo_gcw_wide.png

Operation Dewback: Dantooine

When? Sunday, September 25, 2011 @ 6:00pm EST/5:00pm CST

Where? Mining Outpost, Dantooine

Buffs? Provided!

http://www.worldsstrangest.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/wscache23/2e80c_steve-squall-star-wars-posters.jpg

<--- Secure Imperial Briefing --->

Good evening solider. You have been selected to participate in a mandatory volunteer strike force against the Rebel insurgency on Dantooine. As you may know, the Rebels have held a base of operations on Dantooine for quite some time. Though initial scouting reports indicated the location was deserted, recent activity in the area points to an active underground network that is secretly funneling supplies to the Rebellion. At this point, they are working out of the old abandoned Rebel base in the northeast quadrant of the planet.

It is our mission to lead a select group of elite commandos to the abandoned base and eliminate key Rebel personnel. Intel reports that the Rebels are being led by a guerrilla commando code-named "Aceblade". You will be led by Major Kreen of the Imperial Storm Commandos in this mission. It is vital to the success of the mission that you protect your commanding officer. Likely the enemy will be doing the same, and the death or capture of your or the enemy's commander will spell the victory or defeat for the battle.

There will be three significant pushes against the Rebel stronghold by the Imperial commandos. We will need to win in at least two of those pushes to be able to claim victory for the day. Likewise, if the Rebels defend themselves in at least two of the three pushes, we will have to discuss tactical withdrawal and harsh punishment...

As this Operation is vital in crippling the Rebel war effort, discretion is necessary. Our top scientists have heavily encrypted this transmission, so the Rebels shouldn't even see us coming. Good luck soldier, and long live the Emperor.

<--- End Briefing --->

Join the Event Coordinator team and a special guest appearance by our Quality Assurance Lead Aceblade for this weekend's PvP event! The event will start at 6:00pm EST/5:00pm CST at the Mining Outpost on Dantooine. Head there before the event starts and store your cloning data there! It's vital that you do this so you can get back into the fight ASAP. At the Mining Outpost, there will be two shuttles marked for the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire. Use the flag portals to take your side's shuttle to the prepping area. From there, you will be addressed by your commanding officer and buffed/set to Overt status. If you are neutral, or on the opposite team of the flag you choose, you will be change to that faction

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you warp with these flags there is NO turning back unless you die. Be prepared to commit to fight.

There will be 3 rounds, and the best of 2 wins the battle. For each round, your goal is to eliminate the enemy commander. Rebels: your leader will be stationary in the base, directing the traffic of battle and rushing to evacuate the base. You need to defend him for as long as possible. It may be better to push out of the base and fall back as the Imperials get closer. Imperials, your commander is a bit of a reckless trigger-happy variety. She will be leading the charge into battle, pushing forward against the Rebels. It is your duty to keep up with your commander's advances and protect her if she becomes overwhelmed. When either side's commander dies, the round is over.

While there is no set time limit, the Imperial commander will constantly be moving forward into the Rebel base. When the two commanders reach other, they will start to fight until one of them is killed. For the entire round, you may resurrect and rejoin the battle with no limit, though the buffs will be severely less than the initial starting ones. It is better to stay alive than go on suicide runs. Doctors and Combat Medics will be a huge deciding factor in this battle. There are no bodies of water to snuff out flames, so the side that has the most fire blankets, poison/disease cures, and heals for their commander will be the winning side. Remember this when you're choosing your character to bring!

Both sides will recieve the following badges for participating:

"...has been recognized as an exceptional soldier in the war."
"...has participated in a Live Event."

Additionally, the winning team (Rebel or Imperial) will receive the following badge respectively:

"...has earned the Rebel Badge of Courage."
"...has earned the Imperial Badge of Merit."

And finally, one player from each side who displays an excellent grasp of leadership and immersion in the game, acting their part in-character as a soldier for the Empire or a commando for the Rebellion will receive the following badge:

"...has been recognized as having a memorable personality."

So are you a roleplayer but don't really want to fight? Come anyway and offer your support for your team! Encourage them, call out for medics, coordinate strikes; you may just get a badge for it!

We look forward to seeing you all there for quite an epic battle!

Aceblade
09-20-2011, 05:30 AM
I know my rebels can beat your imperials! Should be fun :)

Salty
09-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Ah damn. If this would have been on Naboo, my character would have joined up and participated. I don't have any characters that would be interested in defending Dantooine :P

darthlogan
09-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Count me in.

Domo321
09-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Sounds fun, i'll be there.

argonyxon
09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
thanks Kreen this epic event
cheers

argonyxon
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
omg... this is midnight in Europe... :O

Pegaso platoon
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
"Trigger happy" kreen, ha. Love the story! Much more interesting than my poor attempts at writing ;)

Will defo be there for this. Imperials shall crush the rebel scum!

Bob Jameson
09-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Sounds Like a Blast Kreen...I'll be There. May the force Be with us...

emborules
09-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Epic!!! :D

Kreen
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
"Trigger happy" kreen, ha. Love the story! Much more interesting than my poor attempts at writing ;)

Will defo be there for this. Imperials shall crush the rebel scum!

Woohoo!! Go Imperials!!! :D

ragnos123
09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
sounds like rebels get an advantage as your guy is stationary and heavily guarded and our guy is just charging in lol, il be there anyways to support my team.

Kreen
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
sounds like rebels get an advantage as your guy is stationary and heavily guarded and our guy is just charging in lol, il be there anyways to support my team.

You could take it either way. On one hand, their leader is all safely tucked away and we have to fight to get to him, and the Imperial leader is out in the open. On the other hand, the Imperials get the bonus of having their leader fight in combat, and we'll be hitting fairly hard ;) I imagine it'll mostly work out, and if it doesn't, we'll change things up to balance it.

Aceblade
09-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Where's the rebel love in this thread? With the number of rebels in this thread I'm going to have to hide under a desk somewhere. :P

DrthStarkiller
09-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Well I'll get my Imps behind me, are Bounty Hunter's/Jedi Killers allowed?

Emerzon
09-21-2011, 12:54 AM
I will be reporting for duty, along with any rebels I commandeer along the way.

Kreen
09-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Well I'll get my Imps behind me, are Bounty Hunter's/Jedi Killers allowed?

There will be no non-overt or neutral characters permitted on the battleground. If you show up neutral or on leave, you'll be switched to overt. Soooo if you're neutral and start attacking a Rebel Jedi in the middle of a bunch of Rebels, we'll think you're supposed to be Imperial and set you that way.

Pegaso platoon
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM

Already.... Before the event even starts? A "view" on balanced/unbalanced sides...

Superjebus
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I will be reporting for duty, along with any rebels I commandeer along the way.

Count me in Boss. I've already set my alarms, I will not sleep through this event.

Hoihe_Dacino
09-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Heh, This week's planet of Exile and study of Teras kasi is Dantooine, i might as well come if i am there, after all i am a rebel sympathizer. Now all i wish is that i had some armour.

DrthStarkiller
09-21-2011, 10:58 PM
hmm im going to have to get some armor

madmax2069
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
This is going to be a blast. the last event i had mismatch armor with pieces missing and only being a apprentice brawler and master marksman and not having good weapons I was taken out quite quick and easily. here is looking for another great time but this time i will be ready.

Shadowreap
09-24-2011, 08:31 AM
ill join the rebs for this battle,

salem
09-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Well the Rebels will do it again.

Pegaso platoon
09-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Armor finally sorted before the event, 100% coming now!

One thing though kreen, i've spoken to a few people about this and they didn't even know it was happening. Maybe make a thread in Liberator section to get some more attention? If we didn't speak i would of never looked here. Just a thought

DrthStarkiller
09-25-2011, 12:10 AM
will there be cloning terminals

Kreen
09-25-2011, 01:49 AM
will there be cloning terminals

Just read and check the event post!

The event will start at 6:00pm EST/5:00pm CST at the Mining Outpost on Dantooine. Head there before the event starts and store your cloning data there! It's vital that you do this so you can get back into the fight ASAP.

Kreen
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Event starts in 3 hours!!! Hope to see you all there!

DrthStarkiller
09-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah I just ran across a guy who didnt know so i just told him to go to the website and type in Operation Dewback, he thought it should be in the message of the day

madmax2069
09-26-2011, 07:14 AM
I hope someone recorded this and put it up on youtube.

Kedem
09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks guy's that was fun. It's to bad my video card hates this game, I couldn't run fraps w/o lagging. Odd seeing as how it has no problems running with wow.

Kreen
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks guy's that was fun. It's to bad my video card hates this game, I couldn't run fraps w/o lagging. Odd seeing as how it has no problems running with wow.

Aw, that stinks. Try disabling volumetric shadows, for some reason that kicks the crap out of my card. Well, plus with all the extra modifications I made, I shouldn't be too surprised haha.

Thanks to everyone for coming! Aceblade and I definitely had a blast, sharing a few "this is kinda epic" messages =D

Aceblade
09-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming! Aceblade and I definitely had a blast, sharing a few "this is kinda epic" messages =D

I had thought about taking screenshots but there's something about having headsets on with blaster fire heard all around that distracted me. Kreen and I definitely had a few messages back and forth to the tune of "I'm gonna get ya!" and "EPIC!"... think I might have thrown a "neener neener!" in there when she was busy answering tells. :P

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/7/rebelcatstrike128494027690156250.jpg

DrthStarkiller
09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I didnt get to stay for the whole thing so who won?

Kreen
09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Rebels won, but barely! We had them cornered in the last deciding round, and I was cheering and shooting Rebels... then I noticed I was the only Imperial there. Sadly, I did not make it back to my reinforcements in time =(

Odelay
09-26-2011, 10:04 PM
It was the first event for me, and balancing issues aside (which were being dealt with on the spot, I was impressed), it was a lot of fun to see such an active community. Thanks for getting this together, looking forward to the next!

madmax2069
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Rebels won, but barely! We had them cornered in the last deciding round, and I was cheering and shooting Rebels... then I noticed I was the only Imperial there. Sadly, I did not make it back to my reinforcements in time =(

LMAO i remember you just standing there shooting then you yell cowards get back to the line and then you start running, you got to the lower buildings but by that time everyone in our squad was shooting you. this was what we was hoping for.

This was a blast, the DoTs not so much, i was on fire for each round. there was a sneaky Jedi that somehow go into the base and got behind us and killed quite a few getting medical attention and meditating to rid ourselves of the DoTs, I know because i was one of them that died.

had a real great time looking forward to the next event.

DrthStarkiller
09-27-2011, 12:46 AM
some day I will be sith, then no one can kill me!

Canatar
09-27-2011, 01:11 AM
I hope someone recorded this and put it up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn4ooz5WiKU

Was a fun event

Toofore
09-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Great time @ the event.

Kedem
09-27-2011, 06:08 AM
I wish ranged DB worked.

Pegaso platoon
09-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Cem, you like db'ing me ;)

Kedem
09-27-2011, 04:28 PM
lol...I was on rebs for a little bit and then I saw Pegaso get mobbed by like 5 jedi and 10 players. I'm glad I made the decision to switch sides because having every jedi on one side was kind of lame and one sided. And it also made things a little spicier being outmatched. Sometimes its funner to not be the victor. This being one of those cases.