PDA

View Full Version : Our current & past staff at SWGEmu

Lolindir
07-31-2022, 08:52 AM
I think it's about time to get a list of all that have contributed to this project of ours as staff through the years. I knew there where many, but man... The list is long. Some could be found through the forum, others through memory. several have had more than one position through the years, so we have tried to place them in the last position they had, before leaving the project.

I've made it a two part post. Current staff I will leave in the OP and our retired staff in the 2nd post, except founders, they deserve to be on top.

Founders
Oru
Ramsey
TheAnswer
Ultyma
Xavia

Development
Farelli (Admin)(Intern)
Hakry
Ivojedi
LordKator (Admin)
Loshult
Miztah
PhoenixSkye
Sytner

Event Coordinator
Lavoria
Pyrrhus (Intern)

Forum
Lolindir (Admin)
Pyjri (Intern)

Support
Jaws
Niffer1976 (Admin)

Quality Assurance
Adaso
Clavatesrull (Intern)
Fastburn
Kazutombo (Intern)
Scurby (Admin)
ufye

~ The SWGEmu Team

Lolindir
07-31-2022, 08:56 AM
Many names here, with many different memories attached to them. Some have unfortunately also stepped out of time.

We needed almost the whole team to get this list together. Even some former staff jumped in to help. Hope that we can come up with some fun and nice anecdotes in the comments that you remember from our past staff. All have contributed to get us to the place we are now.

Retired Staff

Development
Anakis
Antman
Anzel
bluree
bobius
cRush
dunnuic
elpete
Elvaron
farmer john
hashman
itac
joker
Klivian
Kyle
mcmahon
mrtopas
nincb
polonel
Reoze
Snow
TAfirehawk
thoop
tmr
washu
Xenozephyr

Event Coordinator
amberedwards
Kreen
Mistress Aerea
rigormortus
sgtfunkadelic
Shotter
Sugarlizard
Tow'lin
weedie

Forum/Communication
aeigis
Apex_
Audune
bailey
Bigevil
cru jodo
Dame
Ekaika
El'layn
Ellyssia
Grija
Guano
leodextrin
I X
KroniK
Liceri
Max Max
Nedak
Sekie
Smusatto
Vlada

Support
akorange
bbryan20
Gaje
Ilipah
Inyri
Jer
KarlDeux
mijom
MrBlond
oMek
Revanis
Serpentkaa
sorb
Tolbat
Vashman
Webbwbb

Quality Assurance
Aceblade
Aceu
Areonic11
Bertlast
Brane ded
Estelline
fivo
Halvix
Isaiahhhhh
Jacoo
Jear
Juke
Kamara
Karas
Lorrianna
Malthol
NaikOi
Namdas
nee2earth
nerosan
Onyx
rommelrommel
Rovalis
Sirius
Smoki
Tek
Thrin
Tigerfang
Tyler Durden
Viaron
Vorta
Winn
wuzze301
zanh

Code Contributors
Courtesan (Website Dev)
Kaigeos (Website Dev)
Kellina (Site Services)
odwill (SWGEmu manager)
PhantomLeader (Service Manager)
Renala (Site Services)
Valkyra (Client Dev)
brocktoune
chetok
DarkLord7854
DavinFelth
Dragus
Funk
Glenac
haplovoss
Kezzar
Lantic
Leko
majik
Malphage
MasterLFD
Moncai
Obitay
Shalon
Waypoc
zingzing175

~The SWGEmu Team

JiHaD
08-04-2022, 08:37 AM
Thanks for sharing this Lolindir.

152+ people who have stepped up and contributed in a major way to the project. Incredible to see it all listed out.

Sound
08-07-2022, 04:05 AM
Many familiar names in that list from over all the years. I'd like to extent my respect and appreciation to all those involved with this great
project which has led us to where we are today. Many thanks to all of you for your time, dedication and resolve;
and to you Lolindir for shining a light on and publishing this list, thank you.

Respectfully; Sound

DarkJediLady
08-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Thank you to the staff, past and present, who have graciously volunteered their free time to keep the project moving forward. Much appreciated.

m5215
08-08-2022, 05:56 PM
Wasn't the dev joker the one that stole donation money from SWGEmu? I remember the controversy about it many years ago as my donation was one small part of the donation money that he took. He should be on the SWGEmu dishonorably discharged list!

Lolindir
08-08-2022, 06:37 PM
For better or worse, the names on this list have all been part of staff at some point. That is all this list is. Some have done a lot, others not so much. Some have done good, others contributions are more questionable. One thing they have in common, they were part of staff.

This to remember them all. As can seen, the list is long. I didn't want to sit in judgement on members of the list. If I started with that, we would start on a slippery slope.

Valkyra
08-09-2022, 05:43 PM
(Client Dev)

That title brings back some fond memories of the Pre-CU terrain Kashyyyk research and development.

Praxi34
08-17-2022, 05:15 PM
Ahhh those names, i think they mapped my childhood all the way since i was 16! (now 31!!). Some SWG:ANH members in there as well! I remember when the founding members were all still active at the same time (just about).

I assume the Ultyma, ramsay, Oru and TA are all still lurking around? I still have the modded loading screen with their names on it! lol.

bluree
08-27-2022, 06:33 PM
some great names and and memories in that list :)

Lolindir
08-27-2022, 08:38 PM
some great names and and memories in that list :)Well hello there

MNK925
09-05-2022, 09:11 PM
Two other names of relative impact are Xenozypher and Joker ... I know that the two are not exactly held in the highest regard for one reason or another, but they were part of the project and did contribute. XD

Xenozypher - Early days of reverse engineering packets and writing the first core; parted ways due to disagreements on Core development I believe.
Joker - Early lead developer & scumbag who ran off with the donation bag

It's been 17 years, so my memory could be a little hazy.

Lolindir
09-06-2022, 02:15 PM
Two other names of relative impact are Xenozypher and Joker ... I know that the two are not exactly held in the highest regard for one reason or another, but they were part of the project and did contribute. XD

Xenozypher - Early days of reverse engineering packets and writing the first core; parted ways due to disagreements on Core development I believe.
Joker - Early lead developer & scumbag who ran off with the donation bag

It's been 17 years, so my memory could be a little hazy.Joker was there, but I had missed Xenozypher. Thank you

dsrules
09-07-2022, 09:04 PM
+ mezz
+ asommers

Tyrson
09-18-2022, 09:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6OiKfWK.png

Don't forget me! I interviewed and then got fired before I found out I got accepted!

I'm still waiting on that retired staff title too:
https://i.imgur.com/WV90xOu.png

Antman
09-26-2022, 01:35 AM
Me.

I was the first developer brought on after Core1 was made public. Also wrote Core2 (and still have it). Not sure if I should be qualified as a 'Founder', but I'm very close to that.

Also, Xenozephyr's name is misspelled.

And I'm still unsure if Joker warrants credit or infamy.

(I know a lot of details about the controversies regarding Xenozephyr, myself, and things that were going on regarding development at the time but don't really want to go into details.)

Lolindir
09-26-2022, 02:03 PM

Don't forget me! I interviewed and then got fired before I found out I got accepted!

https://i.imgur.com/WV90xOu.pngInterns are not mentioned here, only full staff. Through the years, there have been many interns who never got past that.

Me.

I was the first developer brought on after Core1 was made public. Also wrote Core2 (and still have it). Not sure if I should be qualified as a 'Founder', but I'm very close to that.

Also, Xenozephyr's name is misspelled.

And I'm still unsure if Joker warrants credit or infamy.

(I know a lot of details about the controversies regarding Xenozephyr, myself, and things that were going on regarding development at the time but don't really want to go into details.) Thank you. I'll add you and correct the misspelling.

MNK925
10-10-2022, 03:24 AM
Still rockin' the same avatar from 2005 XD. Your name certainly brings back a lot of memories, especially from the early days of squelching hah. I hope you're well!

misic
10-17-2022, 08:32 AM
elpete was originally from Bria and his character's name was Kreetlejuice, he was a forum legend back on live and a funny person respected by both sides. Smusatto was a good pvp'er, also from Bria, who I had to fight against many times. I came back to emu too late to be able to reconnect with him. I hope they are both doing well wherever they are.

MNK925
10-27-2022, 04:22 AM
+Audune

The original forum moderator/QA

Lolindir
10-27-2022, 04:29 PM
Thank you, added

TAfirehawk
01-09-2023, 11:38 PM
A lot of great names and great memories on this list, thanks Lolindir for putting it together.

I remember helping put together this forum and new server setup...all good times even when we all didn't see eye-to-eye (we were all passionate).

Lolindir
01-10-2023, 02:58 PM
Long time no see! Yeah, it was a bit of drama back then (I'm told), but all that ended up with what we have now. Great building stones to continue the journey on!

Navaji
01-10-2023, 09:01 PM
This was and still is the greatest game ever and I hope that you all can complete it. If I had the education to code, I would help

papasmurf520
01-11-2023, 02:05 PM
I remember a dev spety. The name comes up here and might be a good resource http://wiki.swganh.org/index.php/SWGANH_Contribution_Credits

Praxi34
01-11-2023, 06:04 PM
I do wonder if we can rustle up some of the old lightside developers to get 1.0 closer to completion! Nice to see a few Dev names, Antman, Xeno....and short time Niffer!

Its been so long even SWGEMU memories have memories! Ha

Long live SWGEMU

Seaseme
02-02-2023, 08:46 PM
Please add me to the Founding members.

Ultyma, Ramsey, TA and Oru rebuilt this community from the absolute dumpster fire that several members left it in.

Core3 literally was first public ally tested on my server, and our first online tests for SWGEMU happened from my living room.

You can confirm all of this with Oru, Ultyma, TA.

I haven’t been around for a while, but you can see I’m one of the oldest members of this forum, and spent a
solid five years of my life moderating and administrating this community.

All hail SWGEMU!

Valkyra
02-02-2023, 10:29 PM

Ultyma, Ramsey, TA and Oru rebuilt this community from the absolute dumpster fire that several members left it in.

Core3 literally was first public ally tested on my server, and our first online tests for SWGEMU happened from my living room.

I haven’t been around for a while, but you can see I’m one of the oldest members of this forum, and spent a

All hail SWGEMU!

Do you still have that jedi fighting video with the song "Quutamo" by Apocalyptica?

That was so hype, back then.

Klivian
02-18-2023, 09:31 PM
Humbled to have been part of the team and to have the opportunity to contribute to such a passion project! Lots of fond memories =D

Hakry
02-21-2023, 02:02 PM

All hail SWGEMU!

Can confirm, sometime around when this was taken:

https://i.ibb.co/4N8HVQy/core3-3.jpg

Grija
03-25-2023, 05:08 PM
This is really awesome. Thank you for doing this. So many fond memories being involved in the early days of the project before we had any ability to even log in. Remember when we used to use IRC?? Feels so long ago.

A lot of great names and great memories on this list, thanks Lolindir for putting it together.

I remember helping put together this forum and new server setup...all good times even when we all didn't see eye-to-eye (we were all passionate).

Long time no see!!

Jay Forerunner
04-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Thanks for creating the glorious CREDITS list!
Looking forward to the future, and all that. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/WV90xOu.png

That's still better than the [no answer] treatment which has become par for the course as global Internet shorthand for "your value of existence is less than or equal to zero".

SlickSith
06-09-2023, 09:51 PM

-What a journey.

https://youtu.be/sNsn6ygkNWs

akor
06-10-2023, 05:08 AM
-What a journey.

https://youtu.be/sNsn6ygkNWsWhat is this? The Clone Wars? Everyone looks the same. I guess testing.

SlickSith
06-12-2023, 07:41 PM
What is this? The Clone Wars? Everyone looks the same. I guess testing.

-Yeah if I remember right we were doing combat/weapons testing. It was a long long time ago. I wish I had video from the very first one where we just tested logging in and walking around.

Hakry
06-28-2023, 02:55 PM
What is this? The Clone Wars? Everyone looks the same. I guess testing.

This was very early Core3 Pre-ORcand testing of the first time players could connect. There was only a handful of skills that did anything, no skill training and very little else implemented. Also no shuttles or leaving the planet, also note no creature spawns implemented yet either.

Vlada
07-02-2023, 10:35 AM
Some familiar names, some not as much, some sadly no longer with us. It was an... interesting decade.

Lolindir
07-02-2023, 05:40 PM
Some familiar names, some not as much, some sadly no longer with us. It was an... interesting decade.Hey Vlada. We all will end up on that list...

Gaje
07-25-2023, 09:17 AM
So Many good Memories

Hakry
07-31-2023, 06:09 PM
Some familiar names, some not as much, some sadly no longer with us. It was an... interesting decade.

V!

wickedhangover
08-13-2023, 11:45 PM
I stepped away when we still had all the trainers lined up in Anchorhead. It was a fun first few years but new job had gotten in the way....

Lolindir
08-14-2023, 04:05 PM
I stepped away when we still had all the trainers lined up in Anchorhead. It was a fun first few years but new job had gotten in the way....Can¨t see you in the list I made, what position did you have?

Esquire
08-16-2023, 04:52 PM
This was very early Core3 Pre-ORcand testing of the first time players could connect. There was only a handful of skills that did anything, no skill training and very little else implemented. Also no shuttles or leaving the planet, also note no creature spawns implemented yet either.

I remember, Theed, evi standing around and talking. Was a pretty good milestone tho.

Audune
08-18-2023, 12:17 AM
Silent-X and Solen should be on the list somewhere too ya know lol

Man thats alotta names...

Ultyma
01-15-2024, 07:18 AM
So many memories in this post.
Hey everyone :)

ganjaman
01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
So many old names back, its great to see. Sup chaps!

We just need IRC back now, for that immersive text-only feeling.

Grija
01-16-2024, 01:40 PM
So many old names back, its great to see. Sup chaps!

We just need IRC back now, for that immersive text-only feeling.

memooooorriiiiiiiesssss

Exodus
03-06-2024, 03:42 AM
I remember some of the names on the list. I also remember the old site/forum that existed prior to this one, that got nuked before the current SWGEmu site/forum was made.

I also distinctly remember Joker running off with the donation money. Wasn't it like $1300 or something? Not exactly the heist of the century. Dude must have had some problems.

There was an older screenshot of right after the team got loading in working at all, I think maybe a video too? Basically nothing was implemented, they could just walk around. Damn that was forever ago.

leodextrin
04-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Guys I'm back with the milk.