PDA

View Full Version : Finalizers Tuesday restarts and Updates

Lolindir
02-22-2022, 10:25 PM
Finalizers Tuesday restarts and Updates

02/22/2022
The SWGEmu Staff

As most have probably noticed, Finalizer gets a few issues when we merge new code to it. This isn't unexpected behavior when we introduce new code to the server. Currently we don't have the dev accessibility as needed when Tuesday issues arise because of RL changes.

What we currently have to do is either rollback the change, or just restart because devs are not available to dig in and find the reason for the error. We wish to change that practice and rather dig into it the day of the merge, so that we don't have to revisit it on a later time as we do now.

With that in mind, we will have to move our weekly Finalizer restarts and updates to Saturday mornings Eastern.

This change is needed and we hope its not too inconvenient for our community.

~The SWGEmu staff

Tyrenio
02-22-2022, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the transparency. Just to be explicit, the updates and restarts were previously on Tuesdays?

oMek
02-22-2022, 11:35 PM
I am all for this, thanks for the change.

lordkator
02-22-2022, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the transparency. Just to be explicit, the updates and restarts were previously on Tuesdays?

Yes and I just don't have the time to cover it with work commitments nor do other devs.

Tyrenio
02-23-2022, 12:26 AM
That’s what I figured, I just must have missed the Tuesday thing. Whatever makes your lives easier!

Pothinus
02-23-2022, 01:13 AM
You guys do what you gotta do. Take care of your RL priorities. We appreciate all the hard work and time commitment you put into this project.

DarkJediLady
03-03-2022, 05:10 AM
Appreciate the update and continued hard work. Thanks! :)

Serrabell
03-03-2022, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up, appreciate all that you do :)

xirad
03-05-2022, 03:23 AM
RL comes first so do what you need to do when you need to do it, but we appreciate the head's up for the "scheduled" code merges.

And, as always, thanks for all you do to keep the SWG universe alive!