PDA

View Full Version : [Event] Decoration Contest! (Round Two!)

Kreen
09-05-2011, 12:48 AM
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/news_nova.pnghttp://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/event_art.pnghttp://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/news_liberator.png

Decoration Contest!
Date: Sunday, October 9th - Sunday, October 16th
Time: Judging will start at 6:30pm CST/7:30pm EST on Sunday, October 16th

Come join the Event Coordinator and Quality Assurance teams as we host the second Nova Decoration Contest! Here are the details you need to know!

(Note: When creating a character on Nova, be sure to start in Coronet, Corellia. There have been issues with other zones not working properly)

[IMPORTANT! Do NOT log out your character inside any building. Log outside. There have been issues with characters becoming bugged on Nova. ALWAYS add a second character to your house admin list, just incase]

Who here has the most awesome looking house? Have you ever spent painstaking hours adjusting, rotating, and pushing things into place? Do you have the best-decorated building in all of Nova?!

Then this event is just for you! Join the SWGEmu EC team as we scour the galaxy for the best-decorated house. This event will take place on the Nova server, and we're going to get all you would-be home decorators a few days to get prepared. Here's how it's going to work: we have chosen a flat open surface on Dantooine for you all to build at. The waypoint is 4276, -2708. On the tournament day, we will look at all the houses at and around that area, so make sure you place your house as close to the waypoint as possible. At the center is a guild hall that has already been placed. Lay down your houses as close to it and make things nice and squished so we've got plenty of room! We will have a bit of a party as we tour each and every house, until we finally reach them all, head back to the guild hall, make a decision, and crown the winner!

As for submission guidelines, all house styles are accepted, though be warned! We are looking for small details, ingenuity in crafting/naming/arranging, and overall impressiveness. Empty rooms will count against you, so don't place a huge guild hall unless you can decorate it to its fullest. Small houses with intricate rooms may be the better for the contest. When naming your houses, put both your Nova and Liberator character names in the description field. (e.g. "Nova: Kreen Liberator: Ariana"). Feel free to go color crazy, but if we can't figure out your Nova/Liberator names from the title, we may not be able to give you a prize.

Now you may be thinking, oh big deal, an icky house contest on Nova, who cares? Well, this is where you'd be wrong, cause the contest is not just on Nova. While the server is the medium, Liberator will be where the prizes are handed out! Here are the goodies you could win!

1st Place:
Unique 1st Place Forum Achievement
In-game "Interior Designer Winner" Badge
("...winner of the Galactic Home Show and recognized as being an exceptional interior designer")
In-game Cosmetic Alteration! (This will allow you to be a different NPC or creature of your choice until the server resets)
Nova Bonus: Any 3 items of your choosing (will last until next server wipe)

2nd Place:
Unique 2nd Place Forum Achievement
In-game "Memorable Personality" Badge
("...has been recognized as having a memorable personality")
Nova Bonus: Any 1 item of your choosing and an AV-21 Speeder (will last until next server wipe)

3rd Place:
Unique 3rd Place Forum Achievement
In-game "Politician" Badge
("...has mastered the Politician Profession")
Nova Bonus: AV-21 Speeder (will last until next server wipe)

So come on down, and get your design gears moving!

Winners!

1st Place: Kaisuke / Belzac
[Received: Mandalorian Helmet, Jetpack, Lightsaber]

2nd Place: Savage / Lightem
[Received: Lightsaber, AV-21]

3rd Place: Arita / Hallya
[Received: AV-21]

Aceblade
09-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Should be fun! - Can't wait to see all of the amazing houses!

Salty
09-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Haven't they been wiping Nova like two or three times a week lately?

Kreen
09-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Haven't they been wiping Nova like two or three times a week lately?

The QA and EC teams have been speaking with the developers, and after working out some bug issues this weekend, and focusing on other aspects that won't involve wiping, we're hoping the next week for the event will not experience any wipes! Though I should let Aceblade speak more on the issue, as he's the one corresponding with the developers =)

fixit6
09-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Hmm dropped house at the location, started decorating...then server went down and now toon is gone. So let us know when there will be no wipes so we can get to decoratin. Thanks!

bigevil
09-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Awesome!! I loves me homes and decor!! Good idea.

Aceblade
09-05-2011, 05:00 AM
We're going to hold off on this for now. With the rapid pace of development we can't be guaranteed a stable / no wipe environment. Sorry guys! We'll re-group in the near future for this.

On a cool note.. part of JTL is in. Nova is now host to atmospheric flight. It's in as "just for fun" right now but who knows what will come down the road ;-)

Kreen
09-05-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm going to temporarily close the thread, and reopen it hopefully in a few days to a week when we can get a more stable time frame to have a decoration contest! In the meantime, start thinking of some ideas for how you want to decorate your house!

Kreen
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Ok guys, the time to start decorating is now! We've talked with the Nova developers, and they've agreed to hold off on wiping the server this week for the decoration contest. The original post has been edited with the correct and updated times/dates. The decoration event starts now and will end next Sunday!

[IMPORTANT! Do NOT log out your character inside any building. Log outside. There have been issues with characters becoming bugged on Nova. ALWAYS add a second character to your house admin list, just incase]

We look forward to seeing all the houses!!

<3 Kreen

MaelDiablo
10-11-2011, 01:59 AM
For those entering the contest. The /move up function works a bit different then we are used to, correct command will be /move [Item name] up {value}.

kaque
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Last house decorating contest had only one contestant. I hope more people get involved this time.

Aceblade
10-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Last house decorating contest had only one contestant. I hope more people get involved this time. I'm seeing quite a few houses in the decorating area. :)

MaelDiablo
10-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Last house decorating contest had only one contestant. I hope more people get involved this time.

Mmhh nope, there were atleast 7 to 8 entries last time.

Dweeb
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm dying to get back in and continue pimping my pad but the server keeps going offline :(

Merkor
10-12-2011, 05:47 PM
nmn fixed myself.. seems ressource kits not function when they are located in a backpack. i try to decorate one house myself now:)

Dweeb
10-12-2011, 08:35 PM
i just got back in to find the town hall has disappeared and it has taken my house with it grrrrrr

A large Naboo house has been placed half over the space where my house was and half over my neighbors house. I had spent 6 hrs decorating my place. I'm back on liberator now IGN is Urthwurm Jim.

slhickok
10-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Do we have to be there at the time of judging? What happens if we cant attend?

Shadowreap
10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
how does an item of our choosing relate to armor? if we picked an armor piece do we just get the piece or the whole suit?

Kreen
10-14-2011, 08:18 PM
You're more than welcome to put up a house and not attend the judging, but we can only give items and rewards to those who are online, so if you care about the prize, you'll want to attend.

The one item refers to one singular item, so just one piece of armor, not the whole set.

Aceblade
10-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Reminder: Make sure your house is public. We can't judge without being able to walk through the door :)

Onsa
10-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll admit right off the bat i havent searched yet but is there a guide for decorating like i noticed some ones house name in differant colors also you mentioned something about going color crazy.I know the contest is over today but this would still be useful info thanks for taking the time to read

Pegaso platoon
10-16-2011, 11:47 PM
To get different colours, use html color codes http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm

You must put \# before the code

Example \#0000FF to get the colour blue.

Kreen
10-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Lots of great houses! Congratulations to our top three winners! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the decoration contest area and the different houses before the next wipe!

Aceblade
10-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Was a blast!

Aceblade
10-17-2011, 01:58 AM

sgtfunkadelic
10-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Great event!

I had heaps of fun decorating my house and the judging event on the day was a blast.

Click on the link below if you would like to see a video of the event on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXwfIxfHB6c

Thanks to Aceblade & Kreen and everyone involved for making it happen :)

afaka bambata
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
so are there gonna be anymore contest on nova and when will be able too fly i want too test bh in dwb but there are no mobs in there atm

Gohan212
10-17-2011, 11:44 PM
you can fly (but no mobs anywhere other then combat area) just there are a couple places that are glitchy. an yes there will be more events to come.

Gohan212
10-17-2011, 11:47 PM
nice video btw sgtfunk.

Shadowreap
10-18-2011, 12:29 AM
did i get the yellow ribbon?

Aceblade
10-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Very nice video, shared it on Facebook :)

MiniMe
10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Gratz to the winners although it would have been nice to know which decoration won along with the person's name. :)

I'm bummed I didn't hear about this until just now. 9 days later after judging. :( I wonder if you could please post the First place screenshots signifying that they were first place, then the 2nd place with screens, and then the 3rd place because merely watching the video does not quite allow any outsider to decypher what design won.

I loved some of the decorating ideas in the video. I remember spending massive amounts of time decorating houses for myself and others and it is definitely a blast to come up with new ideas! I'm so glad you have brought decorating back and have not neglected it! :D

Congratulations to all who participated, in a way you are winners because you at least knew about the contest and were able to enjoy yourselves in the competition! yay!

sgtfunkadelic
10-19-2011, 06:16 AM
I'm bummed I didn't hear about this until just now. 9 days later after judging. :( I wonder if you could please post the First place screenshots signifying that they were first place, then the 2nd place with screens, and then the 3rd place because merely watching the video does not quite allow any outsider to decypher what design won.

Heya Minime,

This is just a fanmade video to showcase everyone's creations and the fun we had during the event. I ran around with all of the other contestants and the judges visiting all the houses taking screenshots and video as we went along. I was having way too much fun to take any note of who's house i was in and ended up with so many screenies that i'd only be able to tell you which ones are my house :)
Aceblade has listed the 3 winners at the start of this thread and like Kreen suggested a few posts earlier..go see for yourself..there's some really creative designs out there that are sure to inspire you ;)
Also it hasn't been 9 days since the judging, only 3 :) The event was anounced on swgemu's homepage and here. Hope you find out about the next event beforehand and we get to see you there :)
Fraco

Aceblade
10-19-2011, 06:28 AM
When nova comes back up I'll see if I can get screen shots of the winning houses (without God Mode plastered all over them) and post them here. I would suggest you go see them all for yourself as noted above. Kreen and I made some tough choices in deciding the winners.

MiniMe
10-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Heya Minime,

This is just a fanmade video to showcase everyone's creations and the fun we had during the event. I ran around with all of the other contestants and the judges visiting all the houses taking screenshots and video as we went along. I was having way too much fun to take any note of who's house i was in and ended up with so many screenies that i'd only be able to tell you which ones are my house :)
Aceblade has listed the 3 winners at the start of this thread and like Kreen suggested a few posts earlier..go see for yourself..there's some really creative designs out there that are sure to inspire you ;)
Also it hasn't been 9 days since the judging, only 3 :) The event was anounced on swgemu's homepage and here. Hope you find out about the next event beforehand and we get to see you there :)
Fraco

Thank you for your information. I guess I'll just need to visit the forums more often rather than race to log onto Liberator. :P Yeah I was mistaken about the 9 days.. I think I brain-farted and was thinking about when the contest date had started for some odd reason, I came up with 9 days. :P My bad and sincere apologies. I sure LOVE deco'ing out a house and remember the hours of fun doing so. I did look thru the screens but still had wanted to know which was the winner, and runner-ups. hehe

Well I will definitely be on the alert for any more of these events lol. I had no idea one could even be had as I remember a wipe every day or every other day on TC-Nova so I really had not been doing my duty in paying attention much to TC. :( Thanks tho and I am very impressed with all that I saw on the video and on the screens! I mean the aquariums and the little cyber-pet were a hoot! ;)

@Aceblade: No problem Aceblade, I was thinking out loud again and that always makes for burdening SOMEone! lol I will be sure and keep my eyes open for the next event involving decorating :) I'm so elated you guys have gotten so far in bringing us our beloved game back with all the decoration commands! Kudos on the event! I'm so glad for all who were in it! :D I'm sure it was VERY tough to have decided the one winner and the 2 runner-ups!

Naolla
10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
My character, Arita/(Hallya on Liberator) won 3rd place, and I took some screenshots. I had a Halloween theme: I made a Nightsister Gaping Spider Cult den, which really creeped everyone out (as intended!)

Basically, I had a coven of thirteen witches dressed all in named black healer robes holding vibro lances (all named after the witch carrying them). All surrounded a grim altar of various bloody offerings. Down in the basement, there were four helpless slaves working away on hex dolls, and another slave trying to escape up the stairs. (Oh, how they try...) On the second story, I had a mating chamber, with a long poem inscribed on the poles that surrounded the bed. (I can give you the poem on this thread if you like. It's an ode to the Spider Queen and her mating habits!). And then on the first floor, a sacrificial chamber with a screaming male slave facing an altar with blobs of gore. I had plenty of messages on the walls, including the disturbing message next to the exit: "Leaving? We think not..."

Here are a couple of screenshots I took of my den:

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g450/NaollaBii/Star%20Wars%20Galaxies/SWGEmu%20Contest/ Hopefully you can see them - I've been having trouble with Photobucket of late.

I hope people had a good time running through my little house of horrors!

Gohan212
10-21-2011, 03:51 AM
When nova comes back up I'll see if I can get screen shots of the winning houses (without God Mode plastered all over them) and post them here. I would suggest you go see them all for yourself as noted above. Kreen and I made some tough choices in deciding the winners.
I can send you mine I got a load of screenies of my place!

Gohan212
10-21-2011, 03:56 AM
My character, Arita/(Hallya on Liberator) won 3rd place, and I took some screenshots. I had a Halloween theme: I made a Nightsister Gaping Spider Cult den, which really creeped everyone out (as intended!)

Basically, I had a coven of thirteen witches dressed all in named black healer robes holding vibro lances (all named after the witch carrying them). All surrounded a grim altar of various bloody offerings. Down in the basement, there were four helpless slaves working away on hex dolls, and another slave trying to escape up the stairs. (Oh, how they try...) On the second story, I had a mating chamber, with a long poem inscribed on the poles that surrounded the bed. (I can give you the poem on this thread if you like. It's an ode to the Spider Queen and her mating habits!). And then on the first floor, a sacrificial chamber with a screaming male slave facing an altar with blobs of gore. I had plenty of messages on the walls, including the disturbing message next to the exit: "Leaving? We think not..."

Here are a couple of screenshots I took of my den:

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g450/NaollaBii/Star%20Wars%20Galaxies/SWGEmu%20Contest/ Hopefully you can see them - I've been having trouble with Photobucket of late.

I hope people had a good time running through my little house of horrors!

Im still going with the cult thing..it scared mehhh :(:( hahaha, but was definitely unique!

Gohan212
10-21-2011, 04:27 AM
okie so I was gonna upload to save time trying to send them but then I would have like 5 posts with just screenies so.. Photobucket! yayyyy! and scratch that, "me sending you pics aceblade"...I got tis!!:D

anyway E..nuff bad typing... Here are screen shots of my house, I came in 1st place.

http://photobucket.com/swgemucontest

enjoy!

and big thanks to ace and kreen for the contest an for the others that were in it.. I had a lot of fun and probably wont win next time now that everyone nose my secrets...zzzz jk :P

Aceblade
10-21-2011, 04:59 AM
Next time you'll have to make the air hockey table work - I don't know how, but it's a must! I wanted to have a Judge vs. Judge game right then and there! :)

Gohan212
10-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Next time you'll have to make the air hockey table work - I don't know how, but it's a must! I wanted to have a Judge vs. Judge game right then and there! :)

next time Ill make a macro for to different people to copy and paste and it'll make an object move back and for when they start it at the same time. :P

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Daaaang Gohan those were awesome screens! :) Love love love the aquarium and the command ctr screen/table! All of it was so creative... the rugs, the paintings, all of it. Kudos. Oh and Naolla nice job too!

Gohan212
10-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Daaaang Gohan those were awesome screens! :) Love love love the aquarium and the command ctr screen/table! All of it was so creative... the rugs, the paintings, all of it. Kudos. Oh and Naolla nice job too!\
Whyyyyy thank youuu :) Ill be looking forward to next one, I may.. have more ideas hehe O_O

Dweeb
10-22-2011, 05:52 AM
I took a bunch of screenshots too, you can see them here if you wish : http://eevil.guildlaunch.com/gallery/gallery_detail.php?gallery=134478&gid=232504

Unfortunately, I couldnt make the contest because my toon was bugged out of nova and it took place at 6.30am (my time GMT +8) so I missed logging in with my alt. I saw my house in the video above tho so I know that people went in and had a look. Did you see my jacuzzi in the bedroom LOL :) :) :)

sgtfunkadelic
10-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Nice to see everyone else's screenies :)
Arita, i loved the nightsister house, it was wicked! I thought you played the role really well on the day too...or are you allways this dark? lol
Gohan's large naboo mansion with its aquarium, airhockey table, jedi displays and media room well and truly deserved first prize, so many good ideas, grats again!
Dweebs house of spuuuuge was awesome too, loved the jaccuzi,the workshop the mon cal welcome and especially your droid dog, great effort!

One thing's for sure, i'm goin to have to come up with somethin real special for the next decorating event knowing i'm up against the likes of you lot :)

Dweeb
10-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks a lot! I hope to get the chance to do it again. Access to more items would also be quite useful!

I would like to know how many items each house type can hold, does anyone know this? And what is the maintenance rate per hour for each different house type too?

I noticed actually, that some of the items are not working properly when i was crafting them.... lights with no 'light' etc etc... is there a thread about this? is anyone testing this stuff? I'd like to get involved in that if possible?

Aceblade
10-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Dweeb, you did place but we couldn't get a hold of you. Your character was in C'net however you didn't respond. :( I'm sure next time you'll make it hard for us to judge yet again :)

Edit: A easy google search will give you the item count for each house. In regards to the lights I seem to recall that most of them are working as they did however it does seem odd that they aren't giving off anything. When Nova comes back online get a hold of me to see if we can set something up. :)

Gohan212
10-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks a lot! I hope to get the chance to do it again. Access to more items would also be quite useful!

I would like to know how many items each house type can hold, does anyone know this? And what is the maintenance rate per hour for each different house type too?

I noticed actually, that some of the items are not working properly when i was crafting them.... lights with no 'light' etc etc... is there a thread about this? is anyone testing this stuff? I'd like to get involved in that if possible?

Small: require 384 credits/day (Storage: 200 Lot Usage: 2 unless you get Small Naboo round House that only has 100cap)
Med: require 816/day (Storage: 200 Lot Usage: 2)
Large: require 1200/day (Storage: 400 Lot Usage: 5)
Guild Hall: require 2400/day (Storage: 400 Lot Usage: 5)
Merchant Tents: require 240 credits/day (Storage: 100 Lot Usage: 1)

This does not include player city property taxes, which will increase your hourly maintenance by a certain percentage. I am not sure this counts yet or not though.
I might be off a little off for the usage of lots.
As for things to test on NTC I cant remember where that threed is.. aceblade will know and if something is bugged then send it through the "mantis bug tracker" (located in development tab on top of page) make sure your specific about everything you write down.

Here is what type of houses can be placed on which planet.

Naboo: Can be placed on: Dantooine, Naboo, Rori
Tatooine: Can be placed on: Dantooine, Lok, Tatooine
Generic: Can be placed on: Corellia, Dantooine, Lok, Naboo, Rori, Talus, Tatooine
Corellia: Can Be placed on: Corellia, Talus

Hope this answers any of your questions feel free to ask more I will try to answer them for you :P

Dweeb
10-23-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm thinking that what I will do is craft every furniture item possible, dump it in the middle of the room lift it up, look around it, see how it looks from each side, screenshot any bugs with it and add that in a bug report if i need to make one. I will also send bug reports if i find any bugs during the crafting process.

Will i need to craft in varying circumstances too? like for example, in a large house, in a small house, standing up, sitting down, inventory open inventory closed etc etc?

Gohan212
10-23-2011, 05:16 AM
I dont think you need to go as far as that dweeb, http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22284 here is what needs testing atm. I believe there is some of that stuff that doesn't need it(it may be updated when servers are back up no clue) but sitting in a room crafting every type of furniture item which we sorta just went through in the contest would be a waste of time in my opinion. take a look at the list I'm sure you can find something to test lol btw good find with the light I seen that too when I was making some. If you are wanting we can get together on NTC when servers are up and test things together if you like. More people that test, faster we can get to the final GOAL! yay.ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Dweeb
10-23-2011, 08:36 AM
yeah i'm up for that, lets post in here when we get servers back again. I'm probably gonna skip liberator if it is wiped anyway and focus on nova and as you say, 'speed things up a bit'! Nobody can do everything but everybody can do something, raise your hands if you understand yeah.....

MiniMe
10-24-2011, 12:43 AM
I took a bunch of screenshots too, you can see them here if you wish : http://eevil.guildlaunch.com/gallery/gallery_detail.php?gallery=134478&gid=232504

Unfortunately, I couldnt make the contest because my toon was bugged out of nova and it took place at 6.30am (my time GMT +8) so I missed logging in with my alt. I saw my house in the video above tho so I know that people went in and had a look. Did you see my jacuzzi in the bedroom LOL :) :) :)

Oh man, Dweeb those were crazy good! I loved the Fish face with teeth and the dog! Very inventive of you. I miss my guildhall decor from original game days... also we decked out our cantina to have a billiard table and pinballs. Was fantastic to see. No screens anymore...that was computers ago and the pc with screens had virus. :(

MiniMe
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I dont think you need to go as far as that dweeb, http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22284 here is what needs testing atm. I believe there is some of that stuff that doesn't need it(it may be updated when servers are back up no clue) but sitting in a room crafting every type of furniture item which we sorta just went through in the contest would be a waste of time in my opinion. take a look at the list I'm sure you can find something to test lol btw good find with the light I seen that too when I was making some. If you are wanting we can get together on NTC when servers are up and test things together if you like. More people that test, faster we can get to the final GOAL! yay.ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

yeah i'm up for that, lets post in here when we get servers back again. I'm probably gonna skip liberator if it is wiped anyway and focus on nova and as you say, 'speed things up a bit'! Nobody can do everything but everybody can do something, raise your hands if you understand yeah.....

/raisehands

Awesome saying Dweeb. I'll try and test some of this stuff. I'm not sure how to but I'm sure I'll be able to detect something that needs fixing. :P Thanks for reposting the Mantis info and the thread list of what needs testing still. :)

sgtfunkadelic
10-24-2011, 05:20 AM
/cheer

I'll be in it too :) Testing stuff is so much more fun when you've got others around. I found some issues with elegant furniture dopping into the ground barely visible in generic houses and i guess most of us have experienced the swoop not storing correctly. I've reported to Mantis before and was pleased to see others joining in the discussion and how the issues are being adressed so it's a very worthy cause to be involved in. You're right Gohan, the more of us join in this round of testing the sooner we'll get to where we all want to be..swgemu 1.0 :)

Fraco

Gohan212
10-24-2011, 07:23 AM
/raise
cool so I guess we can all get together at some point en test if ya want to lol pm me your guys ign's so I can add ya to friends list when servers are all back up :P

Aceblade
10-24-2011, 07:39 AM
I've created a thread in the Nova discussion forums here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27285&p=217896#post217896) to coordinate testing efforts when Nova comes back online.

sgtfunkadelic
10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
On the second story, I had a mating chamber, with a long poem inscribed on the poles that surrounded the bed. (I can give you the poem on this thread if you like. It's an ode to the Spider Queen and her mating habits!).

I didn't get to see the poem at the event..now i'm intrigued..can we have some dark poetry please?

MarlonB
10-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Congrats to the winners.

What an awesome idea this contest. Fun to do and testing the furniture/housing part while doing it :)

Naolla
10-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I didn't get to see the poem at the event..now i'm intrigued..can we have some dark poetry please?

Ah, the ode. I wrote this for a poetry contest on the Sunrunner server, 2004. Here it is in all it's infamy, whose verses were written on the metal combat poles around the room of the "mating chamber." Happy Halloween everyone:

O Gaping Spider Cavern Queen,

Your hunters gather stars in cloudy webs
and feast upon the worlds they catch.

But lo! A mate ascends –
a moon so plump it rends the woven night.
Your hunters surge across the broken skies
to seize and wrap the quarry tight.
In silken sheets they warp and weave
with spells and songs they spin.
Encased, they draw your lunar mate
toward horizon’s craw, your regal lair.
Reclusive legs receive the prize
and cradle it in silver fangs.
They creep in silent fear
toward your fatal chamber deep.

With shadows drawn,
accept this moonmate gift
so it may lift your curtain,
seeping gentle light upon your fertile pond.
Let it's moonbeam arise high.
Delight in your mate’s reflected terror,
hunger for the sudden thrust.
In frenzied passion’s cruelty
rise and strike your deadly kiss,
inject your juices,
nibble on its wealthy rind.
The glorious light you suck and chew
renews your reign.

We pray to you, do not feast upon us,
your trembling broodlings!
Let us clutch blindly at your bulbous body.
Keep us safe beneath your hairy black belly,
O Great Mother of eternal hunger.

sgtfunkadelic
10-26-2011, 10:59 PM
I wrote this for a poetry contest on the Sunrunner server, 2004 Happy Halloween everyone:

Love your work Naolla, the poem's as creepy as your nightsister house. I won't be building next door to you thou, the tormented cries from your mating chamber would haunt my dreams. I noticed during the event that some of the houses around you were mysteriously locked to all of us, the owners vanished suspiciously...you didn't accidently enslave any of them did you? :)

Naolla
10-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Oops. I didn't think anyone would make the connection!

Androcel
10-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Hello everyone, I'm on Nova: Savage opress and Liberator: Lightem Galaxy!
'I finished 2 nd in this fantastic contest!
Sorry if I write late, I had an operation in the lower back (discal hernia)! but I'm ok now! :)
I'm glad to be back home and talk to you!
I wanted to thank everyone who organized this event and congratulations all those who participate in this contest!
We have seen many beautiful home and decoration, it was no lacking of imagination here! hehe
But hey it's been two weeks that the event is already happening and I cant remember certain house.. but..it's a chance I filmed all open house that day's! :)
I start to make a little video of all house in the contest and change some little thing in this one!

already it not finish, lot of thing i ave to do before render this Video! Patience, you most ave!(yoda) lol :)

So, congratulations to everyone, thank you to all Gm for this event and the hard work!
ps: i ave put a sample of event oppening (frame 485, render in 16 minutes low quality): enjoy!
cya! :)

sgtfunkadelic
10-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Sorry if I write late, I had an operation in the lower back

Welcome back Savage, good to hear you're recovering ok from your operation. Your house was great, there's a few screenies of it in the video i posted earlier in this thread. Can't wait to see your video, hope you feel well enough to start work on it soon :)

Androcel
10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Welcome back Savage, good to hear you're recovering ok from your operation.

Hi Fraco ty very mutch, it's really appreciated!
Your video is very good! I'm glad to see you shoot ingame! :)
I could not remember the joke of AceBlade!
but we can clearly see it in your video! hehehe very fun to see! :)
By the way thank you to everyone for the lovely screenshot!
there are so many! :)

Androcel
10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Here it is in all it's infamy, whose verses were written on the metal combat poles around the room of the "mating chamber." Happy Halloween everyone:.

Really beautiful poem Noalla, beautiful work I love! :)

Sillysith
10-31-2011, 08:29 PM
For the next contest (if and when there is one) on Nova... I need a interior decorator for my Cantina. Once I find someone I can add that person's name to the sign as "Decorated by (Name)" so they will get the credit for it. I just don't have the patience to do it. :) Just send me a private email in game to Rachael if interested.

Gohan212
11-02-2011, 01:14 PM
For the next contest (if and when there is one) on Nova... I need a interior decorator for my Cantina. Once I find someone I can add that person's name to the sign as "Decorated by (Name)" so they will get the credit for it. I just don't have the patience to do it. :) Just send me a private email in game to Rachael if interested.
whats in it for the person decorating?

Sillysith
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
whats in it for the person decorating?

Well, I didn't realize I was totally late for the contest. Anyway, as I wrote above: "I can add that person's name to the sign as "Decorated by (Name)" so they will get the credit for it (for the contest).

Krazy2Kill
12-21-2011, 05:10 PM
All I can say is WOW! these houses are simply amazing, just another wonderful product of such an amazing project. I remember playing SWG pre-CU and how wonderful it was, right after CU i quit. Even After that i never saw such amazing houses! Its great to have such creative players staying here in SWG Emu with me!