PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Reward System Modifications for Testing

Farelli
09-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Veteran Reward System Modifications for Testing

September 2021
The SWGEmu Team

As we approach the 1.0 status of our project (still no timeline, no worries!), we will be testing various changes to newly-generated veteran rewards.

This will enable us to gather and review data on play styles and make better decisions in the future.

To be crystal clear: any changes made for testing will affect only veteran rewards generated after the changes; they will not be retroactively applied to any existing items.

~The SWGEmu team

JiHaD
09-15-2021, 03:36 PM
This is very exciting news!

ghostm
09-15-2021, 04:36 PM
Veteran Reward System Modifications for Testing

September 2021
The SWGEmu Team

As we approach the 1.0 status of our project (still no timeline, no worries!), we will be testing various changes to newly-generated veteran rewards.

This will enable us to gather and review data on play styles and make better decisions in the future.

To be crystal clear: any changes made for testing will affect only veteran rewards generated after the changes; they will not be retroactively applied to any existing items.

~The SWGEmu team

Is there a list of the updated rewards or is that still to come?

Omens
09-15-2021, 04:43 PM
Is there a list of the updated rewards or is that still to come?

Just log on TCPrime, your claims reset every weeks, so you can claim them all again and again...

Tyrson
09-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Just log on TCPrime, your claims reset every weeks, so you can claim them all again and again...

I didn't see any differences there.

lordkator
09-15-2021, 08:35 PM
I didn't see any differences there.

Live on both TC-Prime and Basilisk.

This is an incremental thing, over time we will evolve changes to see how it works.

Many people may not even notice a thing since we currently do not make any changes to existing items.

Tyrson
09-15-2021, 10:39 PM

This is an incremental thing, over time we will evolve changes to see how it works.

Many people may not even notice a thing since we currently do not make any changes to existing items.

Interesting! I did notice one change on Prime, but I wasn't sure if it was because of Prime or if it was a bigger change:

https://i.imgur.com/nm84p8M.png

If it's a bigger change, then this carries a bit more weight to it:

I imagine that would be a nice solution to discourage people from creating accounts just to farm ADKs.

This one seems like it's just adding an extra step to them being sold. Rather than selling the deed, they'd be selling "30k of whatever resource you want":

https://i.imgur.com/JfH5Jon.png

I was hoping to see some of the additional rugs, furniture, paintings, etc. that we can get from the frogs on Nova. That's ok, still something to look forward to into the future.

lordkator
09-16-2021, 09:15 AM
Interesting! I did notice one change on Prime, but I wasn't sure if it was because of Prime or if it was a bigger change...

I imagine that would be a nice solution to discourage people from creating accounts just to farm ADKs.

Just the first step, we heard the community say they want to see us using Basilisk for more 1.0+ testing so we picked a smaller idea to test.

And yes we're trying to figure out how to stop the ADK farming, while also thinking through how a 1.0+ server might work.

I was hoping to see some of the additional rugs, furniture, paintings, etc. that we can get from the frogs on Nova. That's ok, still something to look forward to into the future.

One step at a time, next couple of steps will be more about mechanics of the vet system, rather then items, those are pretty easy to change in the 1.0+ world.

WohenForgotHisPassword
09-17-2021, 12:17 AM
This is a little cryptic... and interesting.

egaro
09-18-2021, 08:02 AM
how do anti-decay kits and resource deeds and unpowered harvesters improve the game?

What about modified versions? What if anti-decay kits cut the decay rate in half, or down to 25%? What if resource deeds duplicated an existing stack up to 30k units? What if the harvester thing was just really really efficient instead of forever-lasting?

Praxi34
09-18-2021, 08:41 AM
Great stuff. Any improvements to curb farming vet rewards (incidentally) is good news to me! Ill pop on and test!

Sergion
09-18-2021, 04:45 PM
Awesome news!

Livy2K
09-18-2021, 06:03 PM
how do anti-decay kits and resource deeds and unpowered harvesters improve the game?

Lightsaber PSGs stop PvP being 20 jedi vs 20 jedi dervish circles with the only diversity being what kind of hat they are wearing.

The entry for new/returning players goes from go get an adk and a set of armor+psg to grind out village for 6-8weeks then grind a jedi template, then get FRS.

Seht
09-18-2021, 11:04 PM
I must have claimed some vet rewards on day one of this change. Mostly to make some quick credits due to laziness and/or limited time.

This change is so good I couldn't care less that I can no longer trade them. Awesome idea!

golfsr
09-19-2021, 12:48 PM

So anyone that claims an adk on Basilisk now will see it as no trade?

Lolindir
09-19-2021, 12:55 PM
Yes

WohenForgotHisPassword
09-19-2021, 02:42 PM
So anyone that claims an adk on Basilisk now will see it as no trade?

Yes

Can they trade between their own characters?

Lolindir
09-19-2021, 02:44 PM
Not currently, but we are working on that, so we can account bind items and not only character bound them.

jarinalepetiot
09-19-2021, 04:27 PM
yes and same for 30K crate :( and self powered harvester :(

Syphilis
09-22-2021, 07:44 PM
A few questions about the changes.

Could someone ADK an item and then trade that?

It seems someone could get a resource and then trade that resource.

And wouldn't it be possible to put the self power unit on a harvester and then transfer deed?

ghostm
09-22-2021, 07:51 PM
A few questions about the changes.

1. Could someone ADK an item and then trade that?

2. It seems someone could get a resource and then trade that resource.

3. And wouldn't it be possible to put the self power unit on a harvester and then transfer deed?

1. Based on what i saw on TC Prime the No trade applied to the item also
2. This i think is true
3. did not test

Tyrson
09-23-2021, 05:41 PM
ADKed items with new ADKs are also no trade. They remained no trade after deleting the item as well.

https://i.imgur.com/rQkRu9W.png https://i.imgur.com/NbPlchf.png

If you use the 30k deed, you can still trade the resources:

https://i.imgur.com/AyIHmBa.png

I just dropped a harvester, put a self-powered deed on it, transferred it to another toon, then picked up the harvester. Not only did I get the self-powered deed on the other toon, it no longer says no-trade on it:

https://i.imgur.com/kZWxz12.png

I imagine they'll probably want to fix that last one. I did all this on TC-Prime.

Jaws
09-23-2021, 05:59 PM
I just dropped a harvester, put a self-powered deed on it, transferred it to another toon, then picked up the harvester. Not only did I get the self-powered deed on the other toon, it no longer says no-trade on it:

I imagine they'll probably want to fix that last one. I did all this on TC-Prime.

Thanks Vep - OID pl0x? Or at least the toon it's on and I can pull the OID from the dbase?

tyty

Tyrson
09-23-2021, 08:32 PM
I placed it with Vepla and transferred it to Dr'Cornelius on TC-Prime.

The harv deed I used is:

ARMCC Heavy Chem BER 13.79 (deed_installation): 281477846508754
Template: object/tangible/deed/harvester_deed/shared_harvester_liquid_deed_heavy.iff
Appearance: appearance/lod/eqp_tool_datapad.lod
Position: -12.73, 2.00,17.24
HP: 1000/1000

The self-powered deed post transfer/destroy, that's in Dr'C's inventory currently, is:

Make a harvester self powered (misc_furniture): 281486214402321
Template: object/tangible/veteran_reward/shared_harvester.iff
Appearance: appearance/lod/eqp_tool_datapad.lod
Position: -12.73, 2.00,17.24
HP: 1000/1000

I logged back into Vepla and scrolled up to see if I happened to have examined the self-powered deed before using it, but sadly I don't see any debug examine text for it.

Jaws
09-23-2021, 09:54 PM
I logged back into Vepla and scrolled up to see if I happened to have examined the self-powered deed before using it, but sadly I don't see any debug examine text for it.

<3 ty. I can track it pretty easily now. It'll help out the QA folks debug

yes and same for 30K crate :( and self powered harvester :(

As LK said, our plans are ever evolving. We want to make sure there aren't surprises (like with what happened with Veplo's testing) at each step. We know it's a PITA for new players (or newly returned players) who are committed to playing so we apologize for the inconvenience. Our hope is the code developed for this over time will be applicable to all sorts of objects and allow us to inject mystery(TM) going forward in our new frontier.

j0kasm0ka
09-27-2021, 06:02 PM
Does the SE Googles suppose to be under the same no trade rule? like in the old live servers.

Tomahawk
09-29-2021, 10:31 PM
you guys are so cool . thank you very much !

dromag67
10-09-2021, 09:36 AM
Great news and very exciting possibilities!

Atrox22
11-07-2021, 07:42 PM
Are there plans to make newly generated vet rewards tradable again in the future? Or is this a permanent change?

Jaws
11-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Are there plans to make newly generated vet rewards tradable again in the future? Or is this a permanent change?

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241321&p=1677839&viewfull=1#post1677839

Our plans include evolving the code soon(tm)

golfsr
11-08-2021, 11:17 PM
https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241321&p=1677839&viewfull=1#post1677839

Our plans include evolving the code soon(tm)

The link you posted is for this one.

Not sure if what you meant was to go to the first post or not.

shilo
11-09-2021, 01:31 AM
I have an ADK psg, and a ADK PH that I bounce around my toons. So when this change is made than it will no longer be tradable between my toons? Also, which character will it be bound to? I claimed both ADKs on my crafter I believe, but my PvE toons exclusively use them. Will it be bound to the character who claimed it? Or will it be arbitrarily bound to the toon who just so happens to have it in their inventory at the moment the change is made?

Cheers

Fastburn
11-09-2021, 02:26 AM
I have an ADK psg, and a ADK PH that I bounce around my toons. So when this change is made than it will no longer be tradable between my toons? Also, which character will it be bound to? I claimed both ADKs on my crafter I believe, but my PvE toons exclusively use them. Will it be bound to the character who claimed it? Or will it be arbitrarily bound to the toon who just so happens to have it in their inventory at the moment the change is made?

Cheers

If you just claimed them, yes for now. If you claimed them a while ago, there is no issue.

Jaws
11-09-2021, 02:48 AM
The link you posted is for this one.

Not sure if what you meant was to go to the first post or not.No sorry, should have linked to post #25.