PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ADK's

lordkator
05-22-2021, 11:53 AM
During the course of normal audits, I found a large number of ADKs with sequential Object Ids (oid). This is almost impossible to happen by chance, and in the past, it's happened when people figured out ways to clone items.

On a regular basis, real-life permitting the time, I run various audits and continue to write new ones. Recently I scanned all 14,725 ADKs on Basilisk and found 137 that are in blocks of sequential oid's (i.e. 001, 002, 003, 004).

In the Clone Wars debacle, I was not able to find every single invalid object, this has been discussed at length, mainly because we did not have Eye of Sauron logging or the tools to detail what had happened. We deleted as many dupe items as we could find by using knowledge of the exploit and some steps they had to go through left behind artifacts we could use to find cloned items.

However, for a short period of time they "covered their tracks" and deleted the interim item and that made it difficult to find the items they had deleted.

It was decided while we investigate these ADKs we should set them as noTrade to avoid the people with them from scamming more people by selling them to them in-game or worse via Real Money Transactions.

Items involved in this investgation are marked no trade and when you examine them you will see one of these messages:

Staff have blocked this item from being traded.
Staff have blocked the Anti Decay Kit on this item from being traded.

If you have a couple of these on your character that you bought from someone, I would suggest you ask them for a refund immediately, you can prove to them it's a problem by providing them with a screenshot.

We did not do a blanket ban because the assumption is some people may have bought these ADK's unknowingly and are actually victims of this heinous crime. We will use the Eye of Sauron logging system and tools to analyze each item's history.

Many of the accounts involved were already banned in the Clone Wars, however, some remain active and we are investigating those to decide on the next steps.

You will receive an in-game email if any of your ADKs are removed due to this investigation. If the ADK is attached to an item it will be removed and the item it was attached to will remain in-game.

Thank you for your patience, we will be removing these from the game as soon as we have concluded our investigation.

~Lord Kator

Omens
05-22-2021, 12:30 PM
If the ADK is attached to an item it will be removed and the item it was attached to will remain in-game.

Thanks for that.
.. and the rest by the way.

chasey lain
05-22-2021, 12:32 PM
Thank your for your efforts guys.

Monoxxide
05-22-2021, 01:09 PM
WEW. My ADKs are in the clear.

Syphilis
05-22-2021, 04:28 PM
Fantastic...wish they were always non tradable.

Thanks for the effort.

sbp
05-22-2021, 04:40 PM
I traded my adk for a pistol with adk in august last year. But all of a sudden it’s untradable. Is there a chance that it will survive if you deem the id ok or shall i just consider it gone once tagged?

lordkator
05-22-2021, 07:55 PM
I traded my adk for a pistol with adk in august last year. But all of a sudden it’s untradable. Is there a chance that it will survive if you deem the id ok or shall i just consider it gone once tagged?

If the ADK is attached to an item it will be removed and the item it was attached to will remain in-game.

Sorry was that not clear?

Also sounds like you got scammed if you traded a perfectly good ADK for a pistol with a dupe'd ADK, I would ask for my ADK back and/or report this transaction to Support.

chayn
05-22-2021, 07:57 PM
YAAAAAAYYY.... glad me and the wife never claimed ours, hope they go away forever.
But one/per, no trade would suffice..... oh, and can't be put on exceptional/legendaries either.... would be nice

sbp
05-22-2021, 09:06 PM
Sorry was that not clear?

Also sounds like you got scammed if you traded a perfectly good ADK for a pistol with a dupe'd ADK, I would ask for my ADK back and/or report this transaction to Support.

Yes. That part was clear. It was more if it is possible that the investigation could turn out in a way that the ADK+item could survive depending on the outcome or if red=delete.

I would not accuse the seller in my case and there were credits involved as well in the deal. I know him and would not expect him to try scamming me. I’m assuming that he did not know better and will take the loss if it comes to that

TimAllen1337ttv
05-22-2021, 11:08 PM
I appreciate the detective work, seems like it would just be easier to wipe it clean and start over though huh? :)

Jaws
05-22-2021, 11:52 PM
I appreciate the detective work, seems like it would just be easier to wipe it clean and start over though huh? :)

That's end-game, but not in the cards quite yet.

Also, before mass panic ensures, we are talking about a relatively small # of items and most of them are concentrated on just a few people. If you don't have a red-flagged piece of equipment (or the ADK loose and flagged) there's no need for concern. Also, as LK said, please note we are going through transaction histories on all of them in EoS.

lordkator
05-23-2021, 01:02 PM

Then people would just cheat again? Wouldn't it be better to use the "Test Sever" to find these before launching?

Walking carpet
05-23-2021, 01:05 PM
Good Move , ADKs should stay no trade

lordkator
05-23-2021, 02:13 PM
Good Move , ADKs should stay no trade

Only the 137 we found to be questionable are blocked from trade right now.

The rest are pre-CU 14.1 emulation. :(

oMek
05-23-2021, 04:41 PM
Just wipe the damn server already. its so messed up, How can you expect people to keep playing on the play server..... aka the test server. Back in the day there was a test server and a play server. Not sure when that changed but you are just driving people away. 1.0 is the goal, but if there is nobody at the finish line then what the point?

Praxi34
05-23-2021, 06:23 PM
Great work LK! Always a keen eye. Scammers are in every game but its so inspiring the team wont tolerate any of it here.

lordkator
05-23-2021, 08:26 PM
Just wipe the damn server already. its so messed up, How can you expect people to keep playing on the play server..... aka the test server. Back in the day there was a test server and a play server. Not sure when that changed but you are just driving people away. 1.0 is the goal, but if there is nobody at the finish line then what the point?

You are more than welcome to push code, we have lots to do, looking forward to your contributions!

Monoxxide
05-24-2021, 10:05 AM
You are more than welcome to push code, we have lots to do, looking forward to your contributions!

Staff doesn't seem to care about population for the time being. Vlada used to drive that point home often. 14.1 is the goal and it doesn't matter if it drives players away in the process or not.

Only the 137 we found to be questionable are blocked from trade right now.

The rest are pre-CU 14.1 emulation. :(

You even seem to acknowledge that there are big problems with 14.1/pre-cu. You, the devs, could do something about it, but choose not to. Why? Wasn't the decision made to let people have 10 characters slots on basilisk so that more things would get tested and more bugs found? If so, why not care about the player numbers? Less people playing = less chance of bugs being found.

Why not find some sort of compromise that will bring players back and also let the project continue development?

Glenac
05-24-2021, 10:46 AM
S

You even seem to acknowledge that there are big problems with 14.1/pre-cu. You, the devs, could do something about it, but choose not to. Why? Wasn't the decision made to let people have 10 characters slots on basilisk so that more things would get tested and more bugs found? If so, why not care about the player numbers? Less people playing = less chance of bugs being found.

Why not find some sort of compromise that will bring players back and also let the project continue development?

Any development project must have goals and guideline. If you start changing these goals every now and then, it can last for ever.
Im pretty sure 14.1 is the goal for 1.0, but then we will see fixes, improvment and new content.

Jaws
05-24-2021, 11:30 AM
Any development project must have goals and guideline. If you start changing these goals every now and then, it can last for ever.

This ^

This thread doesn't have to descend into the same argument thread that crops up on basilisk fortnightly. It was simply created for some transparency to inform players that on the off chance you notice a red-flagged ADK/item that there was/is a reason why. Be aware that this affects a VERY small number of players since most of the flagged ADK's reside on just a few accounts. Any sort of hysterics implying a change of course at this point are only self-serving - we're nearly there guys, no point in moving the goalposts now.

lordkator
06-16-2021, 10:31 AM
Quick update, these ADK's have been removed from the game, if you were impacted you got an in-game email, there were 31 accounts involved and several were banned.

Jaws
06-16-2021, 10:48 AM
Quick update, these ADK's have been removed from the game, if you were impacted you got an in-game email, there were 31 accounts involved and several were banned.

And to be clear many of those accounts are already banned because of the clonewars duping last summer. This action today impacted VERY few players. If you were impacted, it's also quite likely that the person who sold you the ADK is still in-game and we suggest asking them about a refund since in all cases but 2 they got them directly from the dupers. >.>