PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Monetary Trades

Lolindir
09-09-2020, 08:40 PM
Real Life Monetary Trades

September 2020
The SWGEmu Team

Real Life Monetary trades - September 2020

Staff would just like to give a friendly reminder to our community that following ALL our TOS is a requirement to be able to use our service. Aside from the act of donating to the project (thank you!), spending real money on third party websites for in-game benefit is strictly forbidden. Today we have banned 65 accounts for breaking this section of our TOS. We do not enjoy removing people from our project, but violations like this endanger the project and force us to act.

Our TOS (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30) say:

1.9. On SWGEmu Servers, all accounts and characters used for financial gain will be deleted/banned. It is forbidden to use your account for:

1.9.1. Soliciting real life monetary trades.
1.9.2. Purchasing of in-game credits or items for real life currency.
1.9.3. Exchange of in-game items/credits for real life items.
1.9.4. Exchange of in-game items/credits for items/currency from other games.

Selling your account/sharing account

Selling your account will fall under the same rules. If we find that an account has changed owner, it will be banned.
Letting others borrow your account also falls under the rule below:

1.5. Do not share accounts. The rule includes children as well, if you have a child in your home they are not allowed to share accounts as they must each have their own regardless of age. Any account banned for another user's actions will not be unbanned at the request of the owner.

1.6. Any and all stolen and/or compromised accounts that are reported to SWGEmu Staff may be *suspended* in order to conduct an investigation. On the SWGEmu Servers, characters, credits, buildings, structures, or items will not restored or replaced under any circumstances.

~The SWGEmu team

Walking carpet
09-09-2020, 09:33 PM
can you tell us a bit of how you caught them ?

MyFearIsMyCurse
09-09-2020, 10:09 PM
where's the name and shame? Isn't that how we do things now? Don't worry, they're gone and can't say anything back!

rfortiner
09-09-2020, 10:35 PM
Evidently RMT and multiaccounting, which put the project at risk, aren’t as serious as exploiting a flaw in the game so don’t warrant being called out...

cmurphy50
09-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Nice, 65 accounts! Good job.

Senolin
09-10-2020, 02:12 AM
where's the name and shame? Isn't that how we do things now? Don't worry, they're gone and can't say anything back! yeah, like a top 10 of the " primary perpetrators "

WohenForgotHisPassword
09-10-2020, 01:09 PM
Do you have a breakdown of the Seller:Buyer ratio? That's what I'm curious about..

Misk Brebran
09-10-2020, 02:28 PM
Staff, I commend you on your endeavors and successes! Cant wait to see whats next :)
*S*

Now, would someone please explain to me why on Earth would someone spend their hard earned money for pixels on a beta test server that is going to be wiped, instead of helping to pay for the infrastructure to keep the game going? I just dont understand. Play the game and have fun doing it.....Its an old game that by all common sense and rights should be gone, but we got some devs who continue to refuse to let it die and we still get to play, meet new ppl, make good friends and have a good time in the process. Why put it at risk?

stilgarfett
09-10-2020, 02:43 PM
Let's see the names of these 65 accounts. Real money trading is a far, far more serious infraction than duping and one that has the potential to end the project. Surely if dupers were worthy of being named then these 65 accounts are even more so!

divlas
09-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Im surprised that it was not already in the ToS...
Or this is just a remainder?

Tyrenio
09-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Im surprised that it was not already in the ToS...
Or this is just a remainder? It's been in the ToS, the last time it was edited was November 2019.

Lolindir
09-11-2020, 02:40 PM
Its been in the TOS from the start. This was a reminder.

MyFearIsMyCurse
09-16-2020, 02:55 AM
yeAAAAH

dromag67
09-16-2020, 03:09 AM
well done!

chayn
09-21-2020, 09:33 AM
My wife no longer has her own computer... can she play on mine?... thanks

dust906
09-21-2020, 12:09 PM
the watchfull eye will never die.

Lolindir
09-21-2020, 01:49 PM
My wife no longer has her own computer... can she play on mine?... thanksYou guys can share computer, but not accounts

DannyPhilips
12-14-2020, 07:20 AM
My wife no longer has her own computer... can she play on mine?... thanks

Although sometimes sharing your computer with someone else can lead to quarrels)))