View Full Version : Clone Wars, The Exploit

Pages : [1] 2

Lolindir
07-12-2020, 04:43 PM
Clone Wars, The Exploit
07/12/2020
The SWGEmu Team

For some time now, we have felt a disturbance in the force
People seeking to gain real-world wealth and in-game riches have been abusing an exploit and literally profiting from it. Because of this, Lordkator has written new software to track items and credits. The system has been given the name Eye of Sauron (EoS for short). More details of EoS can be read in Lordkator’s post here (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232840).

With the help of our community, and the tools developed, we have discovered that a small number of people have consistently done the following:

Dupe perfect components; so that you will always be able to make the perfect craft.
Dupe perfect crafts; so that you can guarantee that the item will get a perfect slice.
Dupe these perfect final crafts, so that more of them can be sold.
Dupe ADKs and resource deeds.

The primary perpetrators of this exploit were:

Account
characters

hadescrafterAdelynnAirlaCraftenWepsDWBCRAFTS InconspicuousLOLSWORDSMANMeatLumpKingNekronUnident ifiedWeakling

RegnorChofeMortis'SavotoShiestiValleyImpValleymanV alleymandoValleyMangoValleyPowerValleyranger

shubaz'MynionboneyardkylorenllllmynionmynionssMyni onsssomagawdpabstsPencil

studwalkerGivenchyHighballHighrollerIlIlIlIlINikeP layboiGucciRecognizeRngWegitYacht

swgcraftsAnckSuBeamMeUpConjugalInsignificanceNoobs auceOverCapRaigneTaliyahTuliannaVentruss

terribleoneaceAbduleBlackedBuffyaBuffYouFailedFatt AlbertIgotyourhealsSireThaHuntedTheCandy

xstecAvacynBalrog'sDashanaEpsteinHardasNavriTheRea lSlim

What has happened
There have been over 60,000 objects cloned on Basilisk and sold to unsuspecting players. Most people were buying in good faith, however, others actively helped in circulating the duped items. The people responsible for this are active and integrated members of our community - people most of us have come to know and respect which is why this is so disappointing. Today we have banned 45 accounts from our services. These are the original dupers mentioned above and a host of people who knowingly helped them circulate the items. A total of 1,766 accounts have been affected by this duping ring. We are far from done though, and investigations are on-going.

Because of this, we will make all ADKs and resource deeds no trade items for a few weeks. Once the investigation, and subsequent cleanup, is done we will enable the trade of the items again.

Equally disappointing to us has been the issue of real-money transactions. This is a clear violation of the Terms of Service. Anyone who has spent real money, either selling or buying items or credits, will be banned from our services. If our investigations uncover this, the ban will be permanent. However, coming forward voluntarily might result in less severe punishment.

The exploiters also used their in-game relationships to their advantage. Attempts were made to entrap a member of staff by sending money and trading items through one of their characters. This staff member has been under a thorough investigation by senior staff and found to be free of guilt or intent.

Consequences for us all
Lastly, our policy is that we remove items from the game that have been made through exploits, regardless of who owns them. Unfortunately, honest and unsuspecting players have bought many of these items over time and we will not reimburse them for their losses. We are very sorry and know this will end up hurting innocent members of our community who worked hard to acquire the items. This, however, isn’t much different than real life. If you have stolen goods, they are confiscated and you will have to contact the seller for a solution.

Since a large part of our community doesn’t read our forums, we will also be sending out information in-game about this issue.

Going into 1.0, these tools and this experience will lead to a more level and fair playing field for all of us. Please contact live support, or create a ticket if you have information you wish to share with us.

Yours sincerely

~The SWGEmu Team

dedaskalion
07-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahababababa

Mobyus1
07-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Glad this is happening now and not post-1.0. Let's continue to improve things before we get to that point.

redro
07-12-2020, 06:43 PM
You love to see it.

clusters4400
07-12-2020, 06:45 PM
The reckoning!

Thank you for being transparent about this. an abundance of perfect items would ruin the galaxy as we know it.

Senolin
07-12-2020, 06:45 PM
I have a question, if Duped adks are removed, what does this mean for the item they're on? will it be perfect condition? or broken? or hows that gonna work. I understand the need to remove exploited items, regardless of who owns them now. Just curious

RedPatriot
07-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Crossing my fingers hoping that I bought adk's from the right people... lol. Yikes!

Tyrenio
07-12-2020, 06:50 PM
What's the purpose of naming some names, but not all?

Lolindir
07-12-2020, 06:52 PM
I have a question, if Duped adks are removed, what does this mean for the item they're on? will it be perfect condition? or broken? or hows that gonna work. I understand the need to remove exploited items, regardless of who owns them now. Just curiousWe can remove ADKs without it affecting the item they are attached to.

Monoxxide
07-12-2020, 06:53 PM
for those that doubted me...

I only play legit.

RedPatriot
07-12-2020, 06:53 PM
I have a question, if Duped adks are removed, what does this mean for the item they're on? will it be perfect condition? or broken? or hows that gonna work. I understand the need to remove exploited items, regardless of who owns them now. Just curious

Yeah I don't want to grind out master Lightsaber again just to craft a new 3rd gen. Please, nooooo!

Fastburn
07-12-2020, 06:56 PM
Yeah I don't want to grind out master Lightsaber again just to craft a new 3rd gen. Please, nooooo!
Pearls decay, lightsabers do not.

splntz
07-12-2020, 07:03 PM
are adk's tradeable between the same account?

ArlanVela
07-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

These people strut around the server waving their epic gear about like Gods in olympus and all the time they were scamming the community, they should be ashamed. SWG was always about the community spirit and here in a player run project this even more important yet they thought so little of the staff and other players they set out to dupe the game for their own ends.

The only down side is for the legit people who are likely to lose items once the server comes back up.

sroster
07-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Holy moly, yes this is going to be very interesting logging in and seeing what ADKs are melted into oblivion and which are not. Items with ADKs on vendors? Guess it will just become the item minus the ADK. Hopefully I got ACTUAL Decay Kits not A***lown made decay kits!

splntz
07-12-2020, 07:06 PM

These people strut around the server waving their epic gear about like Gods in olympus and all the time they were scamming the community, they should be ashamed. SWG was always about the community spirit and here in a player run project this even more important yet they thought so little of the staff and other players they set out to dupe the game for their own ends.

The only down side is for the legit people who are likely to lose items once the server comes back up.

This.

captenpeit
07-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Same finger crossed not cool.

lordkator
07-12-2020, 07:09 PM
It will take a couple of days to clean everything up, the server is rebooting just to stop the bleeding.. and in-game emails should go out to people so they know what's happening.

My goal is to send an email to each in-game character as we delete items via the tools we have built.

Sadly this was getting out of hand so we had to stop people now so we could clean up without continuing to chase the bad actors.

RecksRacer
07-12-2020, 07:11 PM
You should show all 45 banned accounts so people know who to blame when their stuff goes poof.

beefin
07-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Q:"What's the purpose of naming names"
A: To show the community the people who ruin the game"

Thank you for posting the names. Also, seems like several names are the same account.

Lolindir
07-12-2020, 07:15 PM
are adk's tradeable between the same account?They should be, but give us feedback if it isn't.

Manigno
Bahahahahahahabaha

Tyrenio
Q:"What's the purpose of naming names"
A: To show the community the people who ruin the game"

Thank you for posting the names. Also, seems like several names are the same account.
I edited my post to my intended meaning; why name some names, but not all?

nivel
07-12-2020, 07:17 PM
R i p

Senolin
07-12-2020, 07:18 PM
Will banned FRS jedi be removed from the FRS ranking? or will they be stuck there forever?

Monoxxide
07-12-2020, 07:22 PM

Probably because some names might be unbanned as they weren't doing it knowingly, like myself.

Lolindir
07-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Its the ones who have been duping that has been named. The others have helped with the sales in game and with RL money, knowingly spread exploited items.

Also remember, this is an ongoing investigation.

lordkator
07-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Probably because some names might be unbanned as they weren't doing it knowingly, like myself.

We felt some were so obvious the community needed to know.

And yes some have been held in place while we dig a bit deeper.. That said most of those will never get cleared, and I am working on round 2 already.

Pingel88
07-12-2020, 07:37 PM
They should be, but give us feedback if it isn't.

I dropped one in a house and was unable to pick it up with another character.

Lolindir
07-12-2020, 07:41 PM
I dropped one in a house and was unable to pick it up with another character.We will have to look into it then, but it isn't a top priority right now. We have to get to the duped items first and some other stuff that is pressing.

starmax12
07-12-2020, 07:43 PM
Will the FRS jedi from the people who were banned be removed from the FRS system to open up spots for us other players?

lordkator
07-12-2020, 07:44 PM
I would like to make it 100% clear today's primary event had to do with months of investigation, some are asking me why we did this now, I've been working on this since January of this year.

Nothing in the past 24 hours has changed what we've done here today, it just took this long to get all the data together so the CSR team could act on it.

makednoce
07-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Amaizing work thanks.

Tomahawk
07-12-2020, 07:49 PM
thanks again! imagine .. the staff who wants to get the game to a specific point have to deal with those kind of things too .... double work ... double respect!

Tyrenio
07-12-2020, 07:51 PM
We felt some were so obvious the community needed to know.

And yes some have been held in place while we dig a bit deeper.. That said most of those will never get cleared, and I am working on round 2 already.
Got it, glad we're getting to this level of sophistication with catching duping... not glad that it was necessary.

wraken
07-12-2020, 07:51 PM
I am working on round 2 already.

This is great. Retribution at it's finest.

WohenForgotHisPassword
07-12-2020, 08:07 PM
I find this number staggering: "A total of 1,766 accounts have been affected by this duping ring. "

Fissile
07-12-2020, 08:11 PM
slow cap.

Tomahawk
07-12-2020, 08:12 PM
I find this number staggering: "A total of 1,766 accounts have been affected by this duping ring. "

yes .. as u know i am no native speaker but it sounds like lots of ppl with miss something the next weeks ... right ?

wraken
07-12-2020, 08:17 PM
yes .. as u know i am no native speaker but it sounds like lots of ppl with miss something the next weeks ... right ?

Correct

WraithofSIN_Sublimeman
07-12-2020, 08:27 PM
I have to pop my head in just to say this is ****ing hilarious. Yacht, Sire and Pabst have been exploiting on Bas since the beginning. It's crazy that it took this long to catch them.

Fissile
07-12-2020, 08:40 PM
I have to pop my head in just to say this is ****ing hilarious. Yacht, Sire and Pabst have been exploiting on Bas since the beginning. It's crazy that it took this long to catch them.

oh look, finally back to talk crap when you know they can't say anything back.

still a big man.

we still lvoe you, its ok/

xbitx
07-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Will the FRS jedi from the people who were banned be removed from the FRS system to open up spots for us other players?

I'm also curious about this for a few reasons. As far as I am aware, FRS maintenance doesn't actually get removed until they log in. So effectively, anyone who has rank and stays offline will never physically be demoted/removed from their spot.

Of which, if that's how it works, and some of these players/accounts have FRS ranked Jedi, will they just now permanently stay in their rank unless a rank wide event happens (like a Dark Side purge based on failure to meet challenges)?

WraithofSIN_Sublimeman
07-12-2020, 08:45 PM

still a big man.

Just stating the facts. Someone is mad his friends are getting banned. :)

SLiFeR
07-12-2020, 08:46 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/DM9n9fNry8tq0/giphy.gif

Miztah
07-12-2020, 08:49 PM
I'm also curious about this for a few reasons. As far as I am aware, FRS maintenance doesn't actually get removed until they log in. So effectively, anyone who has rank and stays offline will never physically be demoted/removed from their spot.

Of which, if that's how it works, and some of these players/accounts have FRS ranked Jedi, will they just now permanently stay in their rank unless a rank wide event happens (like a Dark Side purge based on failure to meet challenges)?

I'll be looking into this. If the system doesn't handle banned characters properly I'll update it so it removes them.

lordmelkor
07-12-2020, 08:51 PM

agree. Glad you guys cought this and are punishing accordingly. Screw all those people involved and good riddance.

SLiFeR
07-12-2020, 08:56 PM

I only play legit.

This topic will be the next featured video ?

Asifab19
07-12-2020, 09:10 PM
Thank you LordKator for your amazing EOS program!

You've answered many many questions with this!

Thank you again!

Poobacca
07-12-2020, 09:12 PM
We can remove ADKs without it affecting the item they are attached to.

Woot!

I was worried about that.

They can dupe items with serial numbers? (such as ADKs) Would that not be easy to catch?

Pretty awesome what you did! Some of the cancel culture babies just got themselves cancelled.

I would have called the system the Emperor's Eyes and added in the emperor's cackle in the ban notice....

chasey lain
07-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Ouch

well, the trade forums might recover for a bit.

dedaskalion
07-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Woot!

I was worried about that.

They can dupe items with serial numbers? (such as ADKs) Would that not be easy to catch?

Pretty awesome what you did! Some of the cancel culture babies just got themselves cancelled.

I would have called the system the Emperor's Eyes and added in the emperor's cackle in the ban notice....you're so precious

Monoxxide
07-12-2020, 09:28 PM

Nahhh, SWGemu staff got this handled.

SLiFeR
07-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Nahhh, SWGemu staff got this handled.

Straight to Niffer :^)

P.S server wipe when

Poobacca
07-12-2020, 09:30 PM

Add in some music from Queen's "Another one bites the dust!" and bring some popcorn.

ObeO
07-12-2020, 09:31 PM
Good Job.

Poobacca
07-12-2020, 09:39 PM
you're so precious

You're so snarky....

It is sort of important if you had no idea you owned a duped ADK to know that the legit item you attached it to is still there at least. I know I made most of my stuff from my own loots. Makes me wonder about a handful of a few subs I traded for though...

OctavianCaesar
07-12-2020, 09:43 PM
Oh look... it’s all the names we have been saying for years. Here is my shocked face.

Hey remember when the devs and admins here basically said we were idiots for accusing people of cheating?

I remember.

Dead project, Dead game, massive incompetence. You’re only a decade late on acting on this.

Who cares anymore.

Monoxxide
07-12-2020, 09:56 PM
Oh look... it’s all the names we have been saying for years. Here is my shocked face.

Hey remember when the devs and admins here basically said we were idiots for accusing people of cheating?

I remember.

Dead project, Dead game, massive incompetence. You’re only a decade late on acting on this.

Who cares anymore.

I made the mistake of expecting more self awareness from you. Not everyone that you lose against is cheating.

Staff is doing a fine job.

The upside is you and your friends don't play here anymore.

Asifab19
07-12-2020, 10:05 PM

I remember.

Who cares anymore.

I'd much rather it happen now even if server population is at an all time low.

This will allow the devs to patch up the holes these players were using to dupe and exploit with before the 1.0 server comes.

Yes I know there will always be a new hole some where that people can exploit but for now, this has closed one that has been open far to long.

This also proves that the devs have been listening all along about the names people were accusing of cheating. They just had to find the proof of how they were doing it and who was all involved. I believe we will see more names added to this list before it is over.

decastro
07-12-2020, 11:11 PM
The human condition. I suspected the Epstein's involvement however. Just keep them under suicide watch.

Watwwa
07-12-2020, 11:42 PM
The human condition. I suspected the Epstein's involvement however. Just keep them under suicide watch.

This.

jeffcue
07-13-2020, 12:12 AM

Lets see a screen shot of your pvp quality rifles and hammers. We all know you are a liar.

Soryn Jian-Wa
07-13-2020, 12:27 AM
https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225724

"***WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE WE FEEL IS ATTEMPTING TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM. NO NOTICE REQUIRED. THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUN FOR ALL!***"

Interesting concept...lol

TacticalLamp
07-13-2020, 12:32 AM
Love to see the bans for people doing dumb ****. However, this is a symptom of a bigger problem. The economy is do damn broken because the server is so old I honestly don't blame these people for trying this to keep up with everyone.

Monoxxide
07-13-2020, 12:47 AM
Lets see a screen shot of your pvp quality rifles and hammers. We all know you are a liar.

After all these years and you still think you know more than staff that LITERALLY have the Eye of Sauron. Seek help.

Valkyra
07-13-2020, 12:56 AM
(like a Dark Side purge based on failure to meet challenges)?

Dewit

Saffe
07-13-2020, 12:59 AM

still a big man.

Wait, what?
Even if they could post, what were they supposed to say?
Defend themselves?
Talk **** back about how good they are and how much money they have?
I'm confused.

Lolindir
07-13-2020, 01:21 AM
Love to see the bans for people doing dumb ****. However, this is a symptom of a bigger problem. The economy is do damn broken because the server is so old I honestly don't blame these people for trying this to keep up with everyone.Non of the ones doing this did it to keep up with anyone. They had plenty already.

OctavianCaesar
07-13-2020, 01:25 AM
I made the mistake of expecting more self awareness from you. Not everyone that you lose against is cheating.

Staff is doing a fine job.

The upside is you and your friends don't play here anymore.

Funny, cuz you did exactly what I thought you would do:

- make it all about you.
- issue laughable, 5 year old-level self-guilt denials when nobody even mentioned you.

I only play legit.

There is so much trauma and self-loathing oozing from that post. Ouch.

The upside is, you’re still here trying to redeem yourself from the very public laughing stock you were on retail.

Just like this project will never be finished, neither will you obsession with something that happened over a decade ago.

As I said before, I wish you some peace. You’re probably best to avoid me, i don't want to continue triggering relapses and having you drown in the bad memories.

rozensidhe
07-13-2020, 01:25 AM
In my experience if you have to tell everyone you're the king, you're not.

TroyMcClure
07-13-2020, 02:21 AM
Its the ones who have been duping that has been named. The others have helped with the sales in game and with RL money, knowingly spread exploited items.

Also remember, this is an ongoing investigation.

You mentioned 45 accounts being banned, yet I see 74 names listed? Also, you mentioned as many as 1,766 accounts being affected. Can I assume that means 1,766 accounts we be banned in the coming days?

Thank-You.

TroyMcClure
07-13-2020, 02:24 AM
Will banned FRS jedi be removed from the FRS ranking? or will they be stuck there forever?

Yeah This Right Here..

Please tell me you intend to compete the circle and ensure that their misdeeds are not allowed to persist and continue to damage the community going forward.

Monoxxide
07-13-2020, 02:27 AM
Funny, cuz you did exactly what I thought you would do:

- make it all about you.
- issue laughable, 5 year old-level self-guilt denials when nobody even mentioned you.

There is so much trauma and self-loathing oozing from that post. Ouch.

The upside is, you’re still here trying to redeem yourself from the very public laughing stock you were on retail.

Just like this project will never be finished, neither will you obsession with something that happened over a decade ago.

As I said before, I wish you some peace. You’re probably best to avoid me, i don't want to continue triggering relapses and having you drown in the bad memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s

OctavianCaesar
07-13-2020, 02:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s

Sorry, I will never click a link to anything you post. Ever.

I only play legit.

Oh hey remember when you were banned for exploiting jedi Bh missions, farming Kysu for credits?

Yea. I remember that too.

Mobyus1
07-13-2020, 02:33 AM
You mentioned 45 accounts being banned, yet I see 74 names listed? Also, you mentioned as many as 1,766 accounts being affected. Can I assume that means 1,766 accounts we be banned in the coming days?

Thank-You.

Read the column titled. The names on the far left are the account name while each name to the right of that account are that account's characters. So many of those names are the same person.

And as far as the 1,766 accounts, I doubt they'll be banned. They'll most likely just have their items deleted, as they were "affected" by it, not a part of it.

drake groth
07-13-2020, 02:43 AM
terribleoneace

Top end scatters just got more valuable, he held the S4B scatter.
The owners of S3B & S6B scatters quit ages ago so those are gone.
Crafter of S5B & S7B was banned, but he may have sold 1 or both before.
The SB, S2B, S8B, and SB9 could be the last high end scatters in the game.
I don't play anymore so I hold none of these weapons fyi. The owner of the 1474 has to be happy though. lol

Monoxxide
07-13-2020, 02:50 AM
Sorry, I will never click a link to anything you post. Ever.

Oh hey remember when you were banned for exploiting jedi Bh missions, farming Kysu for credits?

Yea. I remember that too.

nobody cares anymore, bud. Sad you live in the past tho.

OctavianCaesar
07-13-2020, 02:54 AM
nobody cares anymore, bud. Sad you live in the past tho.

Gotcha. Thanks for confirming your previous comment is not accurate.

Have a good day man, take care and be well!

Monoxxide
07-13-2020, 02:55 AM
Gotcha. Thanks for confirming your previous comment is not accurate.

Have a good day man, take care and be well!

try not to think about me tonight.

Faith13HF
07-13-2020, 03:00 AM

I remember.

Who cares anymore.

can i have your stuff when you leave?

Matt Treck
07-13-2020, 03:10 AM

I remember.

Who cares anymore.

If it's dead and dead, then why are you still here?

I'm not very active in this community, but I will never understand the attitude of lambasting against these wonderful people who have dedicated an incredible amount of time to re-creating this experience. Have you contributed anything to this project? And I'm partially being serious, as since I'm not very active on the forums, you're currently just coming off as someone who's only interest is to focus on the negative parts of everything.

---
Onto more positive things, thank you for putting all of your effort into this, Lordkator. This will assuredly benefit everyone in the long run :)

Rekall
07-13-2020, 05:04 AM
that's pretty neat

Asifab19
07-13-2020, 05:40 AM
Another possible positive outlook on this would be this. Armorsmiths and Weaponsmiths are going to probably be relevant again! I imagine we are going to see hundreds of ADK's being deleted from the game and no way for them to be repurchased. This will lead back to players needing to buy new armor and weapons again. This has the potential to be amazing for the crafting portion of our game and community!

bige14
07-13-2020, 05:51 AM
The exploiting isn't really surprising. Good to see people getting banned and new tools being used to crack down on exploiters. Hopefully the exploits they were using can be patched out as well.

People doing real money transactions for an emulator test server of an almost 20 year old game is insane.

ForceFielding
07-13-2020, 07:23 AM
I was mad at these guys for not replacing my broken ADK.

But now, they have made me the richest player in the game.

Thank you.

Surrena
07-13-2020, 07:34 AM

I only play legit.

PHAHAHA says guy thats been banned for more than unbanned in past 3 years.

Lolindir
07-13-2020, 09:24 AM

Thank-You.there is 7 accounts listed. The other names there are characters they own. We are not gone ban 1766 account. By affected we mean that they have been in contact with, or owning duped items. Its not an automatic ban to own a duped item or have had it in your possession. Many don't even know the item is a clone.

Something silly

Something silly
Stop that mindless bickering. No one is interested.

Jeremai
07-13-2020, 10:02 AM
"there is 7 accounts listed."

aaaaaahhhh :-) i was allways asking myself how to read that table :).

oMek
07-13-2020, 10:51 AM
Honestly, at this point just wipe the server. Save yourself's the work of finding/deleting all the items. if 1.0 is 1-2 years away then a wipe will not be a big deal. All the old players will be use to it.

dedaskalion
07-13-2020, 11:06 AM
If you can safely remove ADKs, It might be in the best interest of the server to just remove them all together. Especially with the changes to decay rate that would need testing ;)

They're nothing but trouble.

piffy
07-13-2020, 11:55 AM
If you can safely remove ADKs, It might be in the best interest of the server to just remove them all together. Especially with the changes to decay rate that would need testing ;)

They're nothing but trouble.

They're the one thing above all else that I wish that SOE had never implemented!

Great news on this work though, well done team.

ghostm
07-13-2020, 12:18 PM
I agree with a wipe of the server, let's all start fresh ha

lordkator
07-13-2020, 12:32 PM
Honestly, at this point just wipe the server. Save yourself's the work of finding/deleting all the items. if 1.0 is 1-2 years away then a wipe will not be a big deal. All the old players will be use to it.

Oh I already have the list of items, just need to delete and send emails.. I’ve been testing the code and should be able to kick it off soon(tm)

RecksRacer
07-13-2020, 12:36 PM
While Im glad to see the crackdown, I bet more than a few people will rage quit when you delete things that they worked hard to save up for.

Personally if I only lose 1 adk I will chalk it up to the test server, but if I get slammed, I know Im out untill 1.0.

The fair players really get the dirty end of the stick on this one.

Just wipe the server.

Lolindir
07-13-2020, 12:37 PM
Why wipe the server? This is actually a good way to test our tools and how to deal with such things in the future.

RecksRacer
07-13-2020, 12:44 PM
Why wipe the server? This is actually a good way to test our tools and how to deal with such things in the future.

Because its tainted beyond legitimacy.

dedaskalion
07-13-2020, 12:47 PM
Because its tainted beyond legitimacy.He ain't wrong 

Fix looted weapon accuracy mods first so no more Jedi stone knife dot crap 🤮

Senolin
07-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Gotta love some of you guys. Barely play, do nothing but talk bad about the game and server but yet always seem to be rdy for forums PVP.

Thank you for this giant step twords not only cleaning up basilisk some, but also getting counter measures rdy for 1.0.

Jackleware
07-13-2020, 01:44 PM
This scenario is exactly why Basilisk is the way it is. It is sooooo useful for testing new admin tools.
I love the "economy" is out of whack to see how bad it can get.
If people hate the current status of the server so much, we know we don't want to be there again and can use Basilisk as evidence and justification for changes to be made post 1.0
The dev team has been using Basilisk to break SWG so we know its weaknesses and can help shore them up for the future.
If you actually care about SWG, you'd recognize that wiping now is just a bad idea. So much is lost with a wipe, and I am not talking about character progression or items.

teradek
07-13-2020, 02:00 PM
I'll be looking into this. If the system doesn't handle banned characters properly I'll update it so it removes them.

Cheers, Lets up date it so that all those with XP needing to be removed bc on failure to log it go poof too :)

Fastburn
07-13-2020, 02:14 PM
Cheers, Lets up date it so that all those with XP needing to be removed bc on failure to log it go poof too :)

That was SOEs decision. See server ideas forum.

Jeremai
07-13-2020, 02:19 PM
"Because its tainted beyond legitimacy."

its a test/development server.... how do you define "legitimacy" for a test server?

dedaskalion
07-13-2020, 02:25 PM

its a test/development server.... how do you define "legitimacy" for a test server?there are a lot of items that have been added to the game that shouldn't have ever been originally. It's mostly looted stuff, jabba scopes is a big one.

Back in the first few weeks of pub 7 the exceptional/legendary drop rates were so highly accelerated that exceptionals were more common than most dot weapon rolls from high CL mobs.

OctavianCaesar
07-13-2020, 02:36 PM

its a test/development server.... how do you define "legitimacy" for a test server?

It’s a “test server” that’s served as its closest-to-a-live-version-were-going to get for how many years now?

Retail MMO’s have lived and died in the time this “test server” has been up. The “1.0 soon!” Mantra has been chased for a decade.

Stop drinking the kool aid. This “test server” is as close as we’re going to get.

Also, how you are expected to “test” anything, when you fix some broke things, but allow significant amounts of other things to remain broke?

A wipe has made sense for years, but out of stubbornness and misguided pride, it won’t happen. Even after 60,000 items are just confirmed as exploited. Bas had what.... 1,500 active players at its best? That’s 40 busted items per player if you look at it just at face value. And again, this has been going on for years.

Oh, but ask my why I’m cynical and don’t play anymore....

Wake up

Uhmfufu
07-13-2020, 02:46 PM
I walked into a house in the Coronet area that has at least 30 ADKs on the floor. I assumed there was some kind of exploit. I did not see this person's name listed though, so maybe not. I'll be curious to see if they are still there in a few days.

Mobyus1
07-13-2020, 03:07 PM
I walked into a house in the Coronet area that has at least 30 ADKs on the floor. I assumed there was some kind of exploit. I did not see this person's name listed though, so maybe not. I'll be curious to see if they are still there in a few days.

I bet LK would like to know about that... if he doesn't already!

Lolindir
07-13-2020, 03:21 PM
I walked into a house in the Coronet area that has at least 30 ADKs on the floor. I assumed there was some kind of exploit. I did not see this person's name listed though, so maybe not. I'll be curious to see if they are still there in a few days.Would be nice if you sent LK, Niffer or me a PM with a WP, and a name.

clusters4400
07-13-2020, 04:28 PM
[phead]Clone Wars, The Exploit
[/LIST]

The primary perpetrators of this exploit were:

Account
characters

hadescrafterAdelynnAirlaCraftenWepsDWBCRAFTS InconspicuousLOLSWORDSMANMeatLumpKingNekronUnident ifiedWeakling

RegnorChofeMortis'SavotoShiestiValleyImpValleymanV alleymandoValleyMangoValleyPowerValleyranger

shubaz'MynionboneyardkylorenllllmynionmynionssMyni onsssomagawdpabstsPencil

studwalkerGivenchyHighballHighrollerIlIlIlIlINikeP layboiGucciRecognizeRngWegitYacht

swgcraftsAnckSuBeamMeUpConjugalInsignificanceNoobs auceOverCapRaigneTaliyahTuliannaVentruss

terribleoneaceAbduleBlackedBuffyaBuffYouFailedFatt AlbertIgotyourhealsSireThaHuntedTheCandy

xstecAvacynBalrog'sDashanaEpsteinHardasNavriTheRea lSlim

I am also going to assume that none of these offenders where on TC Nova to help with the project?

tigerchuck
07-13-2020, 04:42 PM
First at all --> GREAT JOB and dedication to the project to deal with such annoying business and miserable real life characters

Second pont --> Please dont think a second to close the servers -> that hurts all players still having legit fun even more -> who dont wanna play and dont have fun in the cureent state of the game, can take his personal time on leave at any time

Would be great, but in the same move i vote to declare the fight club events also as exploiting the game and resulting in an unnatural ratio of frs jedi vs non frs jedi.
And it also is unfair and hinders real pvp jedi who work really hard for that.

RecksRacer
07-13-2020, 05:02 PM

A reasonable level of equality especially for pvp, obviously some gear is better than others, but this is beyond acceptable.

If we are expected to test the game and there is a group with literally triple weapon damage and unlimited adks running thru end game content content like meatlumps what exactly is being tested?

The crying about the acklay seems more legit when you are expected to take it from a group with exploited weapons imo.

If nobody gives a crap about balance then why even bother to delete the items in question?

dedaskalion
07-13-2020, 05:07 PM
First at all --> GREAT JOB and dedication to the project to deal with such annoying business and miserable real life characters

Second pont --> Please dont think a second to close the servers -> that hurts all players still having legit fun even more -> who dont wanna play and dont have fun in the cureent state of the game, can take his personal time on leave at any time

Would be great, but in the same move i vote to declare the fight club events also as exploiting the game and resulting in an unnatural ratio of frs jedi vs non frs jedi.
And it also is unfair and hinders real pvp jedi who work really hard for that.there are no ranked Jedi without FC though. The system is beyond broken to allow it. Split XP being the main reason.

You cannot acheive the higher ranks of which people who participate in FC hold naturally, but the lower ranks are still open. So you're welcome to attempt to naturally fill them 😉

Jackleware
07-13-2020, 05:18 PM
If nobody gives a crap about balance then why even bother to delete the items in question?

So they have the tools to do it post 1.0 if it is needed.
Break the current server so it is easier to fix it later when there is no intentional wipe to eventually come.

This server doesn't just test the current settings but also tests tools used to manage a future server.

You use test servers to test out what you are going to do. You document thoroughly while testing and when the time comes, you can execute with knowledge that provides confidence in a desirable outcome.

RecksRacer
07-13-2020, 05:44 PM
So they have the tools to do it post 1.0 if it is needed.
Break the current server so it is easier to fix it later when there is no intentional wipe to eventually come.

You didnt really answer the question.

I didnt ask why they should have the ability, I asked why bother deleting anything when it only punishes the "rubes" who bought bogus gear.

They either care about balance or they dont, I would say they dont considering some of the pre nerf stuff floating around out there.

Tyrenio
07-13-2020, 05:47 PM
The act of deleting the duped items tests the full use case of the tools.

Jackleware
07-13-2020, 05:57 PM

I didnt ask why they should have the ability, I asked why bother deleting anything when it only punishes the "rubes" who bought bogus gear.

They either care about balance or they dont, I would say they dont considering some of the pre nerf stuff floating around out there.

I agree I did not word my response to completely answer the question. Thanks to Tyrenio for helping me out there.

Livy2K
07-13-2020, 06:28 PM
Price of jawas, t21s and acklay hammers just went up.

WohenForgotHisPassword
07-13-2020, 06:52 PM
Price of jawas, t21s and acklay hammers just went up.

Or maybe not.. Depending on how many of the billionaires who were dropping 100s of millions on those items got banned?

RecksRacer
07-13-2020, 06:53 PM
The act of deleting the duped items tests the full use case of the tools.

They could easily test the tool on a cloned copy of the server. There is no reason to punish the player base.

They can do what they want, but alienating players that didnt cheat by punishing them because some other players did cheat is bad business.

Tyrenio
07-13-2020, 06:59 PM
Basilisk is a test server, period. We'll be glad everything was tested and vetted thoroughly come 1.0.

Senolin
07-13-2020, 07:18 PM
Not much will realistically change. The FRS will still be crowded with high rank jedi who either never fight or never play. SEM will now take control of acklay uncontested and basilisk will keep on being basilisk. Removing a handful of exploiters isn't gonna change much. It just changes hands now. Not saying this shouldn't have been done. I'm very glad its done and the EoS is in place. Just saying guys be realistic

Jeremai
07-13-2020, 07:27 PM
Oh, but ask my why I’m cynical and don’t play anymore....

Wake up

I don't sleep ;). I try to be WS and more or less only WS since 2 years now i know very well that this server economy is not at the best shape.

The “1.0 soon!” Mantra has been chased for a decade

What do you expect from a free to play game where people spent their personal time to bring this forward. And if the defs delay 1.0 another 4 years or even decide to chancel it at all its their decision!

If you dont play any more you found your way to handle it.

dedaskalion
07-13-2020, 07:39 PM
They could easily test the tool on a cloned copy of the server. There is no reason to punish the player base.

They can do what they want, but alienating players that didnt cheat by punishing them because some other players did cheat is bad business.Leave the duped weapons in game so the players who legitimately"paid" for them in game can enjoy them, and disable ADKs so they disappear over time 

I'm pretty sure removing ADKs would even cure cancer in real life at this point.

Mobyus1
07-13-2020, 07:53 PM
I feel like this clip addresses 99% of the people complaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Asifab19
07-13-2020, 08:00 PM
Not much will realistically change. The FRS will still be crowded with high rank jedi who either never fight or never play. SEM will now take control of acklay uncontested and basilisk will keep on being basilisk. Removing a handful of exploiters isn't gonna change much. It just changes hands now. Not saying this shouldn't have been done. I'm very glad its done and the EoS is in place. Just saying guys be realistic

It's going to change a lot, for one AS/WS will be viable professions again due to the massive amounts of ADK's being removed.

SEM doesn't take control of acklay uncontested. Currently EV guild is down here as well. Also our group is not made up of SEM guild only. We have 2 or 3 different guilds in our group. Who knows what will happen in time with acklay now that the players with their cheated weapons are gone or will soon be gone at the very least.

You realize that some if not most of that pre nerf stuff floating around out there is likely to be destroyed. A lot of pre nerf components were duped, how else do you think sire had a bag full of pre nerf scopes? Unless he used his fake credits to buy from players. However they've been using scopes for a long time now to make big dxrs and other weapons. So anything that has been duped will get deleted. There will be a lot more balance on the server due to this.

Pitchcontrol
07-13-2020, 08:15 PM
Leave the duped weapons in game so the players who legitimately"paid" for them in game can enjoy them, and disable ADKs so they disappear over time 

I'm pretty sure removing ADKs would even cure cancer in real life at this point. Remove all dubed weapons that are overcap. They shouldn't be ingame!

RecksRacer
07-13-2020, 08:20 PM
Leave the duped weapons in game so the players who legitimately"paid" for them in game can enjoy them, and disable ADKs so they disappear over time 

I'm pretty sure removing ADKs would even cure cancer in real life at this point.

Taking items from players when they earned the credits to buy the items is a problem.

There are so many things on this server that are a product of prenerf parts, dupes or multi accounts or whatever Im just going to keep referring back to "wipe the server" at this point.

We all knew it was bad but most probably didnt expect it was this bad.

Remove all dubed weapons that are overcap. They shouldn't be ingame!

They know what the legit max value of any weapon should be if someone had perfect resources, perfect loot and a max slice, they probably could delete anything over that cap or bump the weapon down.

Senolin
07-13-2020, 08:24 PM
It's going to change a lot, for one AS/WS will be viable professions again due to the massive amounts of ADK's being removed.

SEM doesn't take control of acklay uncontested. Currently EV guild is down here as well. Also our group is not made up of SEM guild only. We have 2 or 3 different guilds in our group. Who knows what will happen in time with acklay now that the players with their cheated weapons are gone or will soon be gone at the very least.

Trololololol

Asifab19
07-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Trololololol

You are free to call me a troll all you want. However, the fact that your buddies are the ones getting banned from this. Yes we know it was you down in the geo cave keeping people from their jedi knight trails with LIVE. SEM would have never been down in the cave had that not been happening.

I guess you are a bit upset that your free rid to acklay bones is over due to your buddies duped weapons being removed is a bit of a sting for ya.

dedaskalion
07-13-2020, 09:08 PM
It's 2020, why are people still PVEing is the real question.

jmx
07-13-2020, 09:10 PM
who enjoy pve in swg.. weirdos

Senolin
07-13-2020, 09:15 PM
You are free to call me a troll all you want. However, the fact that your buddies are the ones getting banned from this. Yes we know it was you down in the geo cave keeping people from their jedi knight trails with LIVE. SEM would have never been down in the cave had that not been happening.

I guess you are a bit upset that your free rid to acklay bones is over due to your buddies duped weapons being removed is a bit of a sting for ya.

Lol you knew it was me cause it was bitto tagged IMPCE? Nice guess. Not like I was hiding. And lmao I give 0 ****s about anyone being banned. Nobody's given me a free ride, I've earned everything I got. And I only ever looted one bone. It was 216/215 and sadly speed sliced. So aside from your assumption of bitto being me you're completely wrong. While the fact that SEM will now be camping acklay uncontested is true. And that was all I said.

Also i never ever held anyone back from acklay nor would I support that. I was always vocal about that and you can find proof of that on the forums

Manigno
07-13-2020, 09:24 PM
Lol you knew it was me cause it was bitto tagged IMPCE? Nice guess. Not like I was hiding. And lmao I give 0 ****s about anyone being banned. Nobody's given me a free ride, I've earned everything I got. And I only ever looted one bone. It was 216/215 and sadly speed sliced. So aside from your assumption of bitto being me you're completely wrong. While the fact that SEM will now be camping acklay uncontested is true. And that was all I said.

Also i never ever held anyone back from acklay nor would I support that. I was always vocal about that and you can find proof of that on the forums

Lol. It is not uncontested
Not at all. And PVE had always been a contest.
Back on live it was WAAAAYYY more ruthless then on Bas.

Senolin
07-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Lol. It is not uncontested
Not at all. And PVE had always been a contest.
Back on live it was WAAAAYYY more ruthless then on Bas.

There wasn't 20 afk rifleman with 800ish rifles camping it on gorath. But thats okay. We're off topic. Time will show.

Pitchcontrol
07-13-2020, 09:47 PM

Live/oma has been camping acklay for ages...

First with multi accounts
When BH was bugged and doing to much damage they magical had a bunch of overcap scatters
When BH was fixed they magical had a buch of overcap drx6

Half the server knew something was very wrong... And its not the only thing they did. Those people also made fake auctions to jack up prices, hijack others peoples auctions with credits they earned from duped items.
Being friends with those *******s and closing your eyes for their cheating makes you as guilty as they are. Half the server knew for years. So don't pretend you know nothing. Why do you think SEM is at acklay.
Because we where tired of their **** and we wont leave until the last one of you guys leaves the acklay.

oMek
07-13-2020, 09:57 PM
Live/oma has been camping acklay for ages...

First with multi accounts
When BH was bugged and doing to much damage they magical had a bunch of overcap scatters
When BH was fixed they magical had a buch of overcap drx6

Half the server knew something was very wrong... And its not the only thing they did. Those people also made fake auctions to jack up prices, hijack others peoples auctions with credits they earned from duped items.
Being friends with those *******s and closing your eyes for their cheating makes you as guilty as they are. Half the server knew for years. So don't pretend you know nothing. Why do you think SEM is at acklay.
Because we where tired of their **** and we wont leave until the last one of you guys leaves the acklay.

Sounds like you have a brain injury.

Senolin
07-13-2020, 09:57 PM
You guys love to assume. And idk why you guys are so mad that all I said is now SEM will be camping it. I know like 4 ppl in live and theyre still around the rest of them o know as much as I know you guys.. And was in the acklay group for like 8months. But just keep assuming. You know what they say about it.

What I said will still remain true. Sem will now own acklay spawn

Pitchcontrol
07-13-2020, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you have a brain injury. You sound like Bill Clinton who went 26 times to Jeffrey Epsteins Island and still denying it...

wraken
07-13-2020, 10:39 PM
Truth be told..... there are 3 groups in the cave. EV -- SEM/BoS/Meow/ among others -- and LIVE still has a presence

I have friends in all of these guilds and mean no disrespect at all by saying that SEM doesn't control anything.... no guild does, including EV. Anyone at any time can get a group together and contest Acklay or any other spawn. Currently EV is competing against 4-5 other guilds simply to get a few bones for newer members. This is the way it is done, and always has been. Maybe we get some, maybe we won't, our goal is simply to allow newer players the same opportunity as everyone else.

I know a few people misunderstand the EV presence so since the conversation was at hand I wanted to clear that up a bit and give some insight from the inside.

MyFearIsMyCurse
07-13-2020, 10:52 PM
all i heard there was, hey guys we're here too! guys! guys?.............

wraken
07-13-2020, 11:06 PM
all i heard there was, hey guys we're here too! guys! guys?.............

No surprise there.

chasey lain
07-13-2020, 11:12 PM
Let's be honest though,

Those duped credits and gear brought the only real content to the server in the last 2 years through the BH events. That's a bigger problem in itself.

cmurphy50
07-14-2020, 01:36 AM
Wow. This is amazing.

Mobyus1
07-14-2020, 01:51 AM
Wow. This is amazing.

You mean that a bunch of exploiters that people were complaining about for years finally get banned and people immediately find something else to complain about? Yep... amazing. :P

cmurphy50
07-14-2020, 01:56 AM
You mean that a bunch of exploiters that people were complaining about for years finally get banned and people immediately find something else to complain about? Yep... amazing. :P

I haven't read the thread yet lol, just original post, but now I'm afraid to!

Mobyus1
07-14-2020, 02:00 AM
I haven't read the thread yet lol, just original post, but now I'm afraid to!

People are just upset that they spent fake money on fake items and might lose them on a server that's going to wipe everything at some point anyway.

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 02:13 AM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/137222225941102592/414265147150827522/lolduping.png

shilo
07-14-2020, 03:56 AM
Well I am glad that the rift-raft is being cleaned out, this will result in a boom for honest crafters like myself who spend hours crafting weapons.

Asifab19
07-14-2020, 04:27 AM
Sounds like you have a brain injury.

Considering english is not his first language I think he speaks rather well.

Also as a retired staff member you were buddies with those who are on the wall of shame. Surely you don't expect anyone to believe that you had no idea what they were up to? As said before on this thread many times half the server knew that group was cheating to get to where they were.

I mean for anyone to try and claim ignorance who has played with this group of players etc is just sad.

Senolin, you can say you earned your way to acklay all you want. Truth is you were in the group that used methods against the ToS to get to where they were and you in a sense were compliant and complacent with their actions? When I ask myself why this is, it was clear you wanted to be on the side of the winner to get yourself a chance at some of the nicer items on the game. Which is entirely fine to want to be on the winning side, it's just not fine when you close your eyes to their bad actions that harmed the community to get there.

When you say SEM will now own the acklay is entirely wrong. If the group was made up entirely of SEM players I'd likely agree with you. However it's a multi guild group. This is what it takes for legit players to be able to compete against those who dupe and cheat their way to the top.

dromag67
07-14-2020, 04:39 AM
Nice!! Glad you guys are catching all this stuff before 1.0 well done!

Senolin
07-14-2020, 04:44 AM
Senolin, you can say you earned your way to acklay all you want. Truth is you were in the group that used methods against the ToS to get to where they were and you in a sense were compliant and complacent with their actions? When I ask myself why this is, it was clear you wanted to be on the side of the winner to get yourself a chance at some of the nicer items on the game. Which is entirely fine to want to be on the winning side, it's just not fine when you close your eyes to their bad actions that harmed the community to get there.

When you say SEM will now own the acklay is entirely wrong. If the group was made up entirely of SEM players I'd likely agree with you. However it's a multi guild group. This is what it takes for legit players to be able to compete against those who dupe and cheat their way to the top.

whut? I didnt even say i earned my way to acklay, I said i earned everything i have. Nobody gave me duped weapons? I still probably have a smaller gear then 90% of SEM, the REAL truth is. LIVE was the only guild to invite me to acklay, so i joined, I didnt ignore anything, you guys are all rich? I've seen you offer 500mil at an auction before, so how am i to just assume they exploit and you don't?

Lol i'm compliant and complacent for being invited into a group, saying yes. Buffing my toon and running macros? Do you even listen to yourself?

I also don't know why you're attacking me personally as all I said was SEM will be owning the acklay now. Didn't even say anything about you.

Monoxxide
07-14-2020, 05:12 AM
Also as a retired staff member you were buddies with those who are on the wall of shame. Surely you don't expect anyone to believe that you had no idea what they were up to? As said before on this thread many times half the server knew that group was cheating to get to where they were.

I mean for anyone to try and claim ignorance who has played with this group of players etc is just sad.

I don't think you realize how far the secrecy went. 2 of the people on that list are people I've played with for years, one of them for 15 years, and he is the reason I was initially banned. I had no idea that he had a dupe and sold me some duped ADKs.

These people kept quiet about it because it made them hella cash dollar IRL. I am talking tens of thousands of dollars. Not for a single item, but a single item could easily go for hundreds if not thousands.

These people were operating a business, one that is against ToS, but a business none the less. They are not going to tell more than is necessary because the more people know the more at risk their business is, so it is not fair to blame those who played with them as being equally guilty. They are not.

Manigno
07-14-2020, 05:50 AM
I don't think you realize how far the secrecy went. 2 of the people on that list are people I've played with for years, one of them for 15 years, and he is the reason I was initially banned. I had no idea that he had a dupe and sold me some duped ADKs.

These people kept quiet about it because it made them hella cash dollar IRL. I am talking tens of thousands of dollars. Not for a single item, but a single item could easily go for hundreds if not thousands.

These people were operating a business, one that is against ToS, but a business none the less. They are not going to tell more than is necessary because the more people know the more at risk their business is, so it is not fair to blame those who played with them as being equally guilty. They are not.
10s of thousands?? Lmao

Asifab19
07-14-2020, 06:11 AM

You are correct, they were running a business when it came to selling items for irl money. However, I know that several in the group knew of places that held many many ADK's in a house. The amount of high damage sliced exceptionally crafted weapons that no one in the group was ever looting the components for. The never ending supply of credits that players like sire would show on the trade forums. All of it together adds up to only one conclusion that many of us on the server had come to years ago. I am not saying everyone was in the know as far as how it worked etc. The players who spent their days and nights running with these people knew they were doing something that was against rules and were turning a blind eye because it benefited them in many ways.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a single rule that this group has not broken in the past few years to oppress the server and raise themselves up.

If anyone can believe that 1 small group of people in this game can manage to obtain never ending new exceptionally crafted weapons or better for several years in a row then I don't know what to tell ya.

Many of us have been reporting this group for years for different things.

I am just glad it is finally over and I really hope the server life and quality improve drastically.

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 06:16 AM
I had no idea the fifty items deleted from my inventory were duped - everyone playing the last five years.

Its literally impossible to have done high item trades/sales and not to have encountered any of the accused.

I've personally done plenty of items to and fro with sire and it all seemed legit. Going to be pretty silly if I get punished because he had some account issues.

oMek
07-14-2020, 06:18 AM

I was staff many many moons ago, it has no bearing on the current server or situation. I also have not confirmed or denied knowing anything about this. You took it upon yourself to assume I did. Like Rommi said this appears to be a very close guarded secret that very few really knew about. Also from what I have been told this started within the last year, so your claim that everyone has known for years is nothing but your fanboy attitude coming out. Don't worry LIVE will still be there to haunt you in your dreams.

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 06:34 AM
I was staff many many moons ago, it has no bearing on the current server or situation. I also have not confirmed or denied knowing anything about this. You took it upon yourself to assume I did. Like Rommi said this appears to be a very close guarded secret that very few really knew about. Also from what I have been told this started within the last year, so your claim that everyone has known for years is nothing but your fanboy attitude coming out. Don't worry LIVE will still be there to haunt you in your dreams.

It wasnt tho , just not reported to the extent the ToS demands.

Lots of people bought alot of items that could be only considered questionable due to frequency and source, myself included more than likely.

I remember when siv gave up naming duped weapons and just left them default names with max tissues and dmg slices topkek

If storm was a precdent everyone in LIVE and DWB would be blanket banned and deserving of it. You all benefited from cheating.

ReCoN having to compete and beat you filth makes me sick.

Ryddenn
07-14-2020, 06:50 AM
So I feel i need to pop in here

I do understand old grudges spark a new one when drama happens but throwing pie on eachother on matters that has nothing to do with the bans are more of a pit concern

With that said I was shocked over some of the ppl banned. and as i told my guils on discord is that jst cause there was a few rotten Apples u shall not drag the whole guild of LIVE over 1 comb if someone does something dubios im sure they will get banned but its also up to us as a community to get out of this stronger and all i can day gj dev team and hopefully we as community keep helping them to make this place as exploit aafe as we can before 1.0 comes along

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 07:11 AM
If bans were a pit concern the staff wouldnt be making this announcement public.

You cats done did it and benefitted from it. Those duped credits bought Live their city hall in south coronet

Ryddenn
07-14-2020, 07:13 AM
Obvs the bans discussion isnt the pit concern was more refering to the acklay u did he did we did pietossing

And just to be clear i have no affiliation with LIVE i just like some of there members tbh i much rather look and judge a oerson of there actions rather the guild ffiliation

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 07:21 AM
Live has made a living off presenting themselves as a united front, so we ought to judge them upon that front.

Duped items likely bought that city. I know the ReCoN and FAP houses sold in that region were all to Siv.

If he cheated us, we should get out land back.

Ryddenn
07-14-2020, 07:50 AM
I would say that beeing a united front as a guild is pretty common as thats what guilds do.

When it comes to the cash part of it greed and money can make someobe go extreme lenghts to scheme and decive ppl and its only naturall for a PA to trust and stick up for eachother without them actually knowing about any of the shady buisness.

Now i do agree its ****ty siv mighr have bought the land for duped cash but in the end thats only pixels on a testserver and who knows maybe that also helped out to close this scammer ring.

And in the end anyone not banned we have to assume had no part or know about the whole thing and not bully them of the server as less ppl is not what this project needs

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 08:08 AM
So if your guildies stole the land from my people with duped credits, we are owed reparations no?

Jeremai
07-14-2020, 08:20 AM
So if your guildies stole the land from my people with duped credits, we are owed reparations no?

Raparations? From the Empire?!?

hehehe

uhm just a joke... please excuse...

ArlanVela
07-14-2020, 09:14 AM
It's a couple pages late but I did read something about LIVE stopping people from completing the Knight trials and I just had to say this is not true.

When I needed the Acklay I reached out to them and they gladly removed someone from the group to slot me in and I know of 3-4 other Jedi who they did the same for.

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 10:41 AM
They stopped me

Neonn
07-14-2020, 10:57 AM
It's a couple pages late but I did read something about LIVE stopping people from completing the Knight trials and I just had to say this is not true.

When I needed the Acklay I reached out to them and they gladly removed someone from the group to slot me in and I know of 3-4 other Jedi who they did the same for.

As far as I know in the past they had you send them your character list and if you were someone they didn't like you wouldn't get in lol, half the reason guilds grouped up to contest

Pitchcontrol
07-14-2020, 11:15 AM
whut? I didnt even say i earned my way to acklay, I said i earned everything i have. Nobody gave me duped weapons? I still probably have a smaller gear then 90% of SEM, the REAL truth is. LIVE was the only guild to invite me to acklay, so i joined, I didnt ignore anything, you guys are all rich? I've seen you offer 500mil at an auction before, so how am i to just assume they exploit and you don't?

Lol i'm compliant and complacent for being invited into a group, saying yes. Buffing my toon and running macros? Do you even listen to yourself?

I also don't know why you're attacking me personally as all I said was SEM will be owning the acklay now. Didn't even say anything about you. We are not saying you didn't earn your way or that you ever cheated. But you must have noticed something was fishy with some players or heard rumours? Or do you still believe the smack talk they told you about us? For example rumours about bakesticks multi account.

Tomahawk
07-14-2020, 11:57 AM
you did this you did that .... same old boring stuff to read ... so many threads that turn into this kind of off topic ^^

bumsen
07-14-2020, 12:17 PM
We are not saying you didn't earn your way or that you ever cheated. But you must have noticed something was fishy with some players or heard rumours? Or do you still believe the smack talk they told you about us? For example rumours about bakesticks multi account.

I think both SEM and LIVE spread alot of rumours about eachother. But again, just dont judge everyone, we are not one person and we all act differently. I havent had any bad encounters with 99% of SEM but im sure there are bad apples in both guilds im sure.

dedaskalion
07-14-2020, 12:36 PM
You people should go overt more.

Walking carpet
07-14-2020, 01:07 PM
You people should go overt more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^crap yeah^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This thread would be cleaner and not full of mens that acts like 10 year old kids , crap had to read 18 freaking pages to get here ,grow up.

Guilds should not be tarnished unless there leadership is involved in cheating.
Good job LK and Staff that made this catch, things looks good for the future *S*

Tyrenio
07-14-2020, 02:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^crap yeah^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This thread would be cleaner and not full of mens that acts like 10 year old kids , crap had to read 18 freaking pages to get here ,grow up.

Good job LK and Staff that made this catch, things looks good for the future *S*Even this is going too far, why go after anyone other than those directly involved? It's easy to point fingers, it's hard to have the tools and the data to know conclusively like staff does. Those pretending to have crystal balls should know by how long it took to sort this out that it was a well kept secret.

wraken
07-14-2020, 02:21 PM

As far as I am aware Pabsts was the guild leader...was.

Malakesh1018
07-14-2020, 02:22 PM

Well I don't normally stick my nose in this kinda of **** anymore but I just want to clear something up for you.
https://i.imgur.com/RbTC7Vr.png
This person right here is Pabst. Who if I am not mistaken is/was the guild leader of Live and has been for some time. Several of the people in that screenshot were core members/leaders in Live. If that doesn't show that the entire guild and their satellites is worthy of at least a little scrutiny, then you are delusional.

This entire guild profited from the gains of these duped credits and items in some form. They used it as a propaganda and recruiting tool. They used it to harrass others. They used it for power to compete on every front. There is not a facet of this server that those guys have not touched in some way with this taint. We always suspected it but never would I have imagined it could have been this bad. This group broke the rules like it was their job, in fact for some of them it was! They covered their tracks so well that I really do believe that a lot of people didn't know what they were up to.
It is a shame that something like this could be so widespread. I feel bad for the community that has been built around a group of liars and cheats. It is a horrible place to be in I'm sure.

I have to thank the staff that worked so diligently on this and the project as a whole. You folks show your passion day in and day out and often with little thanks. So from all of those who do our best to play fair and play by the rules, Thank You.

RedPatriot
07-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Even this is going too far, why go after anyone other than those directly involved? It's easy to point fingers, it's hard to have the tools and the data to know conclusively like staff does. Those pretending to have crystal balls should know by how long it took to sort this out that it was a well kept secret.

Generally speaking, when people hold leadership roles and are seen as authoritative members of a community, AND they are making bad decisions, those decisions will affect everyone around them. Unfortunately, this whole thing probably could have been avoided if there was a real effort from the people at the top of the operation to stop what was happening. Unfortunately, this kinda sounds like a failure and breakdown in leadership, and innocent/unknowing people were definitely caught in the cross-fire.

I understand why you are being defensive about this, and I also think it's probably important that everyone realize not all of LIVE was involved in this (otherwise they'd all be banned, right?), but I also hope you understand that the LIVE guild leader had a huge role in damaging the reputation of their own guild, and it might take some time before the whole community is willing to trust y'all again.

Just to be clear I don't have beef with LIVE, and I really didn't know/talk to any of the people whos toons were listed here.

Don't want beef! :D

Tyrenio
07-14-2020, 02:49 PM
I understand the reality of it, I've been in other guilds where I took blame for other people's actions (who hasn't?), but that doesn't mean I shouldn't make my point now.

RedPatriot
07-14-2020, 02:53 PM
For sure dawg, you're making an important point, which is clearly not all of LIVE was involved. Everyone should try and remember that.

<3 DjPauly

Pitchcontrol
07-14-2020, 03:05 PM
I think both SEM and LIVE spread alot of rumours about eachother. But again, just dont judge everyone, we are not one person and we all act differently. I havent had any bad encounters with 99% of SEM but im sure there are bad apples in both guilds im sure. I had a bunch of bad experiences mostly with the people that are recently banned or with people that where indoctrinated by their lies. But I can also say I had good experiences with a few people from your guild, and those are not banned.

dedaskalion
07-14-2020, 03:06 PM
I remember when all of STORM was blanket banned.

stilgarfett
07-14-2020, 03:35 PM
So many opinions and assumptions in this thread from people who don't remotely have a clue what they're talking about.

I completely respect the devs of this project and the need to keep players within the ToS. I also really hope there is more transparency about this investigation and an opportunity for the accused to have recourse. I've played with some of these folks for years and years and if they were guilty of any of these charges I have never, ever seen any evidence or hint of it. Even if one or more people in LIVE are guilty, and I'm not saying that isn't possible, it would not be a reason to condemn the entire guild.

Over the years guild leadership including myself have always tried to build and maintain a membership of broad interests and services who enjoy helping the community at large. Have we succeeded in every single case? No. This is a digital universe. It's impossible to avoid having a problematic guild member now and then. Every guild of any size has dealt with this issue and some of you throwing stones in this thread are prime examples of this phenomenon in your own guilds. But we have tried and have removed members in the past for their behavior.

Do we have some aggressive personalities? Sure. That's part of the diversity that makes this environment fun. But at the end of the day most LIVE members are crafters and merchants who do some PVE on the side to try to loot some things to earn credits. This is why we run the LIVE mall. I myself built up my credits by running a large resource business for years. I certainly didn't dupe or cheat and I wouldn't even begin to know how or have the motivation to do so. Anyone suggesting that the city was paid for with nefarious credits needs to calm down. I crafted that city hall and placed it myself.

We have done a lot to help people. We assist 99% of people through the knight trials at Acklay. If you're one of the 1% who wasn't allowed then be rest assured there was a very good reason. We have been there for the loot - not to prevent access for those who need it for knight trials. We have only been contesting Acklay for a couple of years now. Before that it was camped by others. Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.

I respect 99% of the players in this game and I respect and appreciate the devs and their difficult jobs. But I also find it very hard to believe that all of the accused are guilty in this case given my personal time and proximity of playing with them. So I hope there is a way for conversations to be had before judgments are confirmed.

Manigno
07-14-2020, 03:42 PM

I just can't stop laughing at this. Rofl
People paying thousands for items that are about to go poof.
Those people are gonna be complainnin....mmmmmhhhhmmm
Hahaha

99% LIVE to cheat.
Haha

Soryn Jian-Wa
07-14-2020, 04:16 PM
Probably just needs to be closed at this point, but I'll just say...I hope the people found guilty (and not exonerated in some fashion) stay perma-banned, even in 1.0.

Stuff like this is above recourse, especially selling stuff in real life. No second chances in my book for stuff like that.

jmx
07-14-2020, 04:51 PM
what are the going rate for a dxr? 2500USD american dollars i heard

Monoxxide
07-14-2020, 04:56 PM
With all that's been said so far, will we be getting to see the evidence against those who have been named?

ForceFielding
07-14-2020, 05:23 PM
Maybe there was a flaw in the interpretation of the code and this was all just a big mistake.

Time for the accused to hire William Barr

Investigate the investigators!

#bangate

UPDATE: The real truth has been discovered! .. The Devs were jealous of their high end loot and created a conspiracy!

Lolindir
07-14-2020, 05:29 PM
Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye. This have been derailing for some time now. Lets get back on track, or I'll simply just lock the thread.

Walking carpet
07-14-2020, 05:38 PM

yes and before that my guild olds rivals DJO, founded in 1997 was blanket banned, and im sure it was for a good reason.

If the leader was cheating I have serious doubts that his staff was unaware of it, most times his staff are along for the ride and do it as well , but im not pointing fingers at anyone since the investigation is yet to be resolved , my 2 cents is dont ban the whole guild just disband the guild and tag

Guild leaders must keep there ranks clean as much as they can , I know its difficult , i been doing this job for more then 13 years, you need a CoC that every members needs to respect, trick is to have a good staff under you to get feedbacks on whats happening in the game and act accordingly.

ruskuval
07-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Yeah, blanket banning doesn't really make sense. Those of us LIVE members who aren't involved in the guild vs guild drama tend to fly under the radar and don't get thought about. I've never had issues with SEM members or any other guild. I don't have any insane gear. I caught all my pets through time and effort. Why should I be banned?

Not everyone in LIVE is an uber rich top geared player. Also I'll say you're racist against wookiees.

Monoxxide
07-14-2020, 06:02 PM
I could be wrong, but I imagine the reason there was a blanket ban for STORM and not for LIVE is because LordKator's Eye of Sauron tells him exactly who was cheating and who benefitted. With STORM it could have been everyone, so blanket bans happened as there was no way to tell who exactly did what. With LIVE's case, the eye sees everything. Sorta like santa clause.

Fissile
07-14-2020, 06:10 PM
So many opinions and assumptions in this thread from people who don't remotely have a clue what they're talking about.

I completely respect the devs of this project and the need to keep players within the ToS. I also really hope there is more transparency about this investigation and an opportunity for the accused to have recourse. I've played with some of these folks for years and years and if they were guilty of any of these charges I have never, ever seen any evidence or hint of it. Even if one or more people in LIVE are guilty, and I'm not saying that isn't possible, it would not be a reason to condemn the entire guild.

Over the years guild leadership including myself have always tried to build and maintain a membership of broad interests and services who enjoy helping the community at large. Have we succeeded in every single case? No. This is a digital universe. It's impossible to avoid having a problematic guild member now and then. Every guild of any size has dealt with this issue and some of you throwing stones in this thread are prime examples of this phenomenon in your own guilds. But we have tried and have removed members in the past for their behavior.

Do we have some aggressive personalities? Sure. That's part of the diversity that makes this environment fun. But at the end of the day most LIVE members are crafters and merchants who do some PVE on the side to try to loot some things to earn credits. This is why we run the LIVE mall. I myself built up my credits by running a large resource business for years. I certainly didn't dupe or cheat and I wouldn't even begin to know how or have the motivation to do so. Anyone suggesting that the city was paid for with nefarious credits needs to calm down. I crafted that city hall and placed it myself.

We have done a lot to help people. We assist 99% of people through the knight trials at Acklay. If you're one of the 1% who wasn't allowed then be rest assured there was a very good reason. We have been there for the loot - not to prevent access for those who need it for knight trials. We have only been contesting Acklay for a couple of years now. Before that it was camped by others. Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.

I respect 99% of the players in this game and I respect and appreciate the devs and their difficult jobs. But I also find it very hard to believe that all of the accused are guilty in this case given my personal time and proximity of playing with them. So I hope there is a way for conversations to be had before judgments are confirmed.

shut up mulder. you know we're all bad apples, eggs, and other such perishables.

it's easy to say all that up in your guildhall of ill-gotten gains!

i mean hell bruddder i got the fricking keys to the empire now. fissile can sort you out the biz yo. we got our korean hook up grinding dat in game cash for you right now baby.

GOING OUT OF BIZNIZ SALE yo!, everything must go, before it...er...goes.

im not sure whats worse. having had all this happen under my beautifully straight plucked to perfection nose or the circle jerk of people with issues with the guild all coming out the woodwork.

he without sin cast the first stone

shilo
07-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Yeah, blanket banning doesn't really make sense. Those of us LIVE members who aren't involved in the guild vs guild drama tend to fly under the radar and don't get thought about. I've never had issues with SEM members or any other guild. I don't have any insane gear. I caught all my pets through time and effort. Why should I be banned?

Not everyone in LIVE is an uber rich top geared player. Also I'll say you're racist against wookiees.

I hear ya! I'm in SEM and I keep to myself and stay our of the drama. I don't even have a guy down in the geo cave! I buy all my resources, loots, and run a successful business the honest way.

lordkator
07-14-2020, 07:18 PM

To be clear I was not supportive of a blanket ban, the data did not support it and to ban everyone because they happen to be in a guild does not seem fair.

We want to let data be our guide and my goal is to unlock more data for the team to take action where it's needed.

dedaskalion
07-14-2020, 07:50 PM
I was just meme'in

buellronin
07-14-2020, 08:46 PM
this is better than any thread i have ever created......it's pure forum gold........im laughing as i type......thank you to anyone who duped stuff....you helped the devs find a hole in the system along with creating many players who will be upset for some time that they spent
endless hours
farming credits and running janta missions only to have their purchase disappear.

you dupers actually helped the future of swg. if not for your hard work and illegal activities this would not be possible.

jonty7
07-14-2020, 09:02 PM
Agree

Except for anyone stupid enough to spend real money on fake items.

They should be banned from owning a bank account never mind a fake avatar in a fake universe on server that is going to be wiped.

jmx
07-14-2020, 09:14 PM
A lot of trash players on swgemu , can't play this game without big weapons

if you got a kids college fund sitting round doing nothing may as well use it up to impress your virtual m8s

oMek
07-14-2020, 09:34 PM
A lot of trash players on swgemu , can't play this game without big weapons

if you got a kids college fund sitting round doing nothing may as well use it up to impress your virtual m8s

If their kids are dumb as them, they won't need college anyways. Unless McDonald's starts asking for a degree.

lordkator
07-14-2020, 09:59 PM
you dupers actually helped the future of swg. if not for your hard work and illegal activities this would not be possible.

And for that I thank them for their greed, now they can go play Minecraft in creative mode.

Saffe
07-15-2020, 01:57 AM
shut up mulder. you know we're all bad apples, eggs, and other such perishables.

it's easy to say all that up in your guildhall of ill-gotten gains!

i mean hell bruddder i got the fricking keys to the empire now. fissile can sort you out the biz yo. we got our korean hook up grinding dat in game cash for you right now baby.

GOING OUT OF BIZNIZ SALE yo!, everything must go, before it...er...goes.

im not sure whats worse. having had all this happen under my beautifully straight plucked to perfection nose or the circle jerk of people with issues with the guild all coming out the woodwork.

he without sin cast the first stone

I agree with what some of the others says.
blanket ban would not be fair but a deep check into who did what should be the case.
And in regards to circle jerk, can you blame people?
The guys that have been banned have been the most vocal about how good they are for ages, literally looking down on people.

weldit
07-15-2020, 02:02 AM
Lmao most of knew this **** was going on years ago

Ultus
07-15-2020, 02:18 PM
These people took real money.
This kind of thing could allow Sony to shut down the entire server.
They put everyone at risk for their selfish behavior.

Ban them, delete their stuff, burn down their houses. Wipe them from the server. I applaud.

buellronin
07-15-2020, 03:17 PM
It's going to be funny when weapons armor adk's and stuff start to disapear. I might log in just to see if that happens. I'm curios to see.

Azirr
07-16-2020, 06:50 AM
LMAO 10/10, late AF but well done.

flugel76
07-16-2020, 01:04 PM
So wait, you're telling me that over 20% of what's left of Basilisk's player base were literally real-life scumbag crooks?

I feel shocked.*

*I don't really feel shocked.

You can almost hear the sweat pouring from his brow and dripping on to his keyboard as he typed this.

Senolin
07-16-2020, 02:10 PM
The banned people were far far from 20% of the population lmao

Hargath
07-16-2020, 03:19 PM
Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.

Ahh. As you can tell by my postcount, I do not do the forums much. Hi, I am Ben. For the past year and a half, it would be me who is making the call on lightside FRS. I do not really appreciate getting pulled into your attempt to muddy the waters on the 50 shades of earl gray that is currently LIVE related shinanigans. Since you feel you must. Instead of the mirror, allow me to rather look at my spreadsheet. We took in 7 Jedis with direct ties to LIVE. All of them have held rank 7 or higher. One in R10 is currently banned. Mekks, Surena, Mark, Edbacca, Drama and Skorched can certainly comment on how 'unfair' thing are run on light side. While I can see you have plenty of reason to shift the focus a bit away from the fact that pretty much nothing LIVE has done in the past years comes without the stink of having directly or indirectly profited from 60k items injected into the community, let's have the 'lighside discusion' in a different thread. You start it, I am happy to comment.

Lots of great videos on russian cold war propaganda methods on youtube. They are highly enjoyable to watch. And in your particular situation, a great source for ideas.

Cheers man. Save some of your 'boardwarrior energy' for the time after the item deletion. I'd expect a lot of Basilisk will want to 'speak to the manager' of LIVE mall.

jmx
07-16-2020, 03:56 PM
The real question is why do pvers want frs jedi. Very confusing

dedaskalion
07-16-2020, 03:58 PM
All Jedi would be r0 on bas with no fightclub happening anyway.

Hargath
07-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Start the 'FRS discusion' thread, bois. Would be a shame if mods had to step in cause this thread gets derailed.

Lolindir
07-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Start the 'FRS discusion' thread, bois. Would be a shame if mods had to step in cause this thread gets derailed.QFE

This thread is about duping and the effect that has on us all, not FRS, forum pvp, or anything other you wish to post about.

WohenForgotHisPassword
07-16-2020, 07:33 PM
Is it possible to see a list of the duped items (e.g., Quantity x Item type)? If not, can you confirm if any resources stacks were included?

sroster
07-16-2020, 07:41 PM
if resources were duped or resources used from duped CFRs were used what a massive clusterfudge. I would assume that would mean tons of in game weapons armor made with tainted resources not just the uber stuff.

Lolindir
07-16-2020, 08:00 PM
Everything has been duped. Anything that is useful

buellronin
07-16-2020, 08:02 PM
And anything with any duped part will go poof.......this is going to be interesting

RickySpanish
07-16-2020, 08:32 PM
Is there a timeline on when this started?

raider7734
07-16-2020, 08:42 PM
And anything with any duped part will go poof.......this is going to be interesting
Structures
Backpacks

oMek
07-16-2020, 11:35 PM
Between the old dupes, new dupes, VPN adk farming accounts, pre-nerf bones/scopes, broken exceptional/legendary drops.... This server is a complete pile of poop. While I do have faith in the staff... I feel like things will be missed.

I could also see people that bought items without knowing... losing everything they have. While I know it needs to be done for the greater good how much longer do you think they will be playing when the weapon/adk suit/psg they farmed months for goes poof. They will no longer be able to compete in this game while others will be left untouched.

Unless 1.0 is less than a year away, WIPE THE SERVER! Give everyone a fresh start. A wipe might piss some people off but it will also bring back a ton of people that quit for the reasons listed above.

I myself no longer play much so it really does not effect me. But if there is a wipe I would return.

Saffe
07-16-2020, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure if this is something people will agree with it or not.

But in regards to all the adks that will go poof, it is what it is.
But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?

I.E I have 2 full sets of ADKD armor with attachments on them.
next minute i end up with 2 helmets and 2 chestplates adkd but no boots or bracers ADKD.
I would obviously rather stick 4 adks on a full suit.

buellronin
07-16-2020, 11:41 PM
This is better than a server wipe imo

I'm not sure if this is something people will agree with it or not.

But in regards to all the adks that will go poof, it is what it is.
But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?

I.E I have 2 full sets of ADKD armor with attachments on them.
next minute i end up with 2 helmets and 2 chestplates adkd but no boots or bracers ADKD.
I would obviously rather stick 4 adks on a full suit.

I had so many adk's I was adking clothing just to use them all.

Jeremai
07-17-2020, 06:03 AM
I think its for sure hard enough to figure out all items that are affected. If even the resources taken in to account done with an duped resource kit this is in deed a deep impact.

"But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?"

I didn't get that in total. You mean prioritize the legal ADKs that are left. Will only the duped ADKs be deleted, the Item it was be attached will be left ingame (if not affected by any other duped material)?.

A server wipe would sure bring back some people but at the same time cost some numbers as some players might not start over after a wipe till 1.0 is back.

Neonn
07-17-2020, 09:20 AM
I think its for sure hard enough to figure out all items that are affected. If even the resources taken in to account done with an duped resource kit this is in deed a deep impact.

"But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?"

I didn't get that in total. You mean prioritize the legal ADKs that are left. Will only the duped ADKs be deleted, the Item it was be attached will be left ingame (if not affected by any other duped material)?.

A server wipe would sure bring back some people but at the same time cost some numbers as some players might not start over after a wipe till 1.0 is back.

He wants duped adks removed from the game and all remaining adks removed from their current items, so he isn't left with 4 adkd chest pieces potentially and have to delete stuff to remake a full suit. Would be nice depending how bad it is!

sbp
07-17-2020, 09:47 AM
We are many within LIVE that had nothing to do with this and we are just as surprised as all of you are. This was not a guild effort but a select and secretive group within the guild - please don't forget that.

Personally if I only lose 1 adk I will chalk it up to the test server, but if I get slammed, I know Im out untill 1.0.

I could also see people that bought items without knowing... losing everything they have. While I know it needs to be done for the greater good how much longer do you think they will be playing when the weapon/adk suit/psg they farmed months for goes poof.

This is also where i am. Please be careful and considerate with the execution of this cleanup.

dsrules
07-17-2020, 09:54 AM
i am amazed at how many people think they know what they are talking about. go home. your take is not that hot.

Pitchcontrol
07-17-2020, 12:14 PM
We are many within LIVE that had nothing to do with this and we are just as surprised as all of you are. This was not a guild effort but a select and secretive group within the guild - please don't forget that.

I agree, A select group cheated. Some didn't cheat, but knew, benefited and closed their eyes. But a large portion didn't knew and are now also taking the heat. Their actions damaged the reputation of LIVE guild. And I feel sorry for those that are now taking the heat.
The investigation is still ongoing. Some people that are banned are still investigated, doesn't mean they are actually guilty. And some accounts still need to be investigated that might get banned in the future. People should not jump to conclusions.

divlas
07-17-2020, 02:51 PM
We should have suspect there was something on. Our Beloved Emperor has been looking from sick to sicker.
Even with multi-accounting, the number of adk available when compared to the number of multi accounts... Something didn't add up.
But it must have been going for years. I was glad to see that non of my ADK were touched, nor equipment. I really want to sympathize to our players who lost something precious, although I agree with the decision of the dev team.

However: Message in a bottle

If you are a new player who worked hard, got screwed, and now you are thinking of leaving the game at this new, please explain your case, your hardship here. Tell us who did that to you, tell us something , anything. How long you will need to get back what you lost? We have a wonderful network of communities, and where when the Devs must not help, we should do something. Only on compassionate ground and for extreme case. (or we are going to be milked by old and new perpetrator claiming their innocence, and at least multiply the number of "innocent victims" )

Enmor/ Hatchi
FLO Member

dedaskalion
07-17-2020, 02:58 PM
We should have suspect there was something on. Even with multi-accounting, the number of adk available when compared to the number of multi accounts... Something didn't add up.
But it must have been going for years. I was glad to see that non of my ADK were touched, nor equipment :Dnot touched yet ;)

divlas
07-17-2020, 03:13 PM
Well then... I would be surprised and probably would never realize if I lost something. Given the fact that I love to play SWG with bad armor, hard template, and get my fun my own way.
I play SWG for Star Wars, my community, and the fun I have with my toons.

clusters4400
07-17-2020, 04:07 PM
Perhaps the common topic in this thread is "ADK". They are obviously a problem. Take a lesson from Diablo 2 and the Stone of Jordan.
Duped and became the official trading currency, and things got way out of hand.

ADKs either need to be removed, or become no trade items(or account bound if possible). It is apparent they cause problems.

They also hurt the hard working artisans.

Of course, they will likely be replaced by something else that is frequently duped.

Saffe
07-18-2020, 12:11 AM
He wants duped adks removed from the game and all remaining adks removed from their current items, so he isn't left with 4 adkd chest pieces potentially and have to delete stuff to remake a full suit. Would be nice depending how bad it is!

Yeah this.

Oujii2
07-18-2020, 03:52 AM
Yeah , finally after years of trying to compete with these POS players that have been duping and cheating for years I just gave up .
I would definately check EVERY person in those guilds, you would have to be stupid to think the entire guilds were unaware or un involved , wipe em all ....

buellronin
07-18-2020, 04:12 AM
As a longtime player I'm going to say that I don't think that everyone in a guild knows what is going on if not in the circle of deceit. Id say key admin figure it out. Sounds like they have a very good idea of how things are working...surely better than you and I..,

irixgero
07-18-2020, 07:32 AM
i am amazed at how many people think they know what they are talking about. go home. your take is not that hot.

I am amazed by how much you knew about this, and never reported it.

lordkator
07-18-2020, 12:05 PM

You have no idea who reported what, don't point fingers, because when you do, three more are pointing right back at you!

It's taken a very long time to get here, the story is crazy, and on top of all of that Real Life(tm) .. well .. Got REAL!

Walking carpet
07-18-2020, 12:53 PM
As a longtime player I'm going to say that I don't think that everyone in a guild knows what is going on if not in the circle of deceit. Id say key admin figure it out. Sounds like they have a very good idea of how things are working...surely better than you and I..,

That is true and closely related to guild size ,in this particular [LIVE] case the leaders where involved so the following 2 steps should be taken
1) the guild should be disbanded on Basilisk and future 1.0 server
2) Involved players banned for life, all non involved will have to find new guilds or start new ones

Guild Leaders have a responsibility towards there members and towards the server regulations on whatever games they play ,If you cant have control over your guild then make it smaller, or dont bother starting one

SWGEmu has 2 of the oldest guilds in the world , NRN 24 years and 501st 25 years soon so it can be done all you need is good officers and a good structure

lordkator
07-18-2020, 01:11 PM
That is true and closely related to guild size ,in this particular [LIVE] case the leaders where involved so the following 2 steps should be taken
1) the guild should be disbanded on Basilisk and future 1.0 server
2) Involved players banned for life, all non involved will have to find new guilds or start new ones

Guild Leaders have a responsibility towards there members and towards the server regulations on whatever games they play ,If you cant have control over your guild then make it smaller, or dont bother starting one

I do not agree, this is like saying the Mayor of New York should go to jail because someone in the city committed a crime.

I ran a guild on the live server Flurry and had about 150 players, a city and plenty of drama, it would have been impossible for me to know everything that was going on.

buellronin
07-18-2020, 01:14 PM
Gotta say......when I read walking carpets complaint and lordkators reply...I'd have to say one is based on logic and the other based on emotion......logic always wins.....

Walking carpet
07-18-2020, 01:17 PM
I do not agree, this is like saying the Mayor of New York should go to jail because someone in the city committed a crime.

I ran a guild on the live server Flurry and had about 150 players, a city and plenty of drama, it would have been impossible for me to know everything that was going on.

you laked the staff to back you up ,a guild structure, and also I think you misread my post , if the guild leader cheated then yes ban the guild tag (not the players) if the guild leader had no clue then its another story
players in that guild that had no clue should not be banned but they will have no more guild so thy have to start new guilds

and Buell is right about logic always wins except im not emotional and surely not complaining either, I talk from experience, take it or leave it heheh
Im happy the staff works on cheaters and exploits cause it was getting ridiculous
English is not my primary language so my sentences may be geebrish at times lol

and LK im here since 2013 and my guild has more then 150 players since we play other games and we had only 1 drama and 1 ban from NRN SWG Division and I think 2 server bans I am aware of in all these years , we had 143 accounts linked in this Game Division alone , I cant wait to see if you catch one of my crew in your search , if so they will most likely get banned from NRN also depending on our internal Affairs council, cheating is not our ways let it be known
https://i.imgur.com/3O70hQS.png

divlas
07-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Is it possible that we are facing the same exploit that occurred during live?
On my server, there was a guild and a city established right on the border of (excuse me for my lack of knowledge) 2 sub-servers. Back on live different areas of the same planet (if I remember correctly) were managed by different clusters(?). On Kauri Naboo, one guild established their city right at the perfect spot on the Naboo net code, and used their PA to duplicate Jedi pearls, and credits.

It was fixed by $ø€, but may be the attacker knew about that vulnerability in the net code and decided to give it another go. Or if probably this exploit backing to the days of live gave them their own ideas to find a new way to recreate the same exploit.

dedaskalion
07-18-2020, 02:21 PM
Is it possible that we are facing the same exploit that occurred during live?
On my server, there was a guild and a city established right on the border of (excuse me for my lack of knowledge) 2 sub-servers. Back on live different areas of the same planet (if I remember correctly) were managed by different clusters(?). On Kauri Naboo, one guild established their city right at the perfect spot on the Naboo net code, and used their PA to duplicate Jedi pearls, and credits.

It was fixed by $ø€, but may be the attacker knew about that vulnerability in the net code and decided to give it another go. Or if probably this exploit backing to the days of live gave them their own ideas to find a new way to recreate the same exploit.no, bas is hosted on a single server. There are no server boundary exploits.

divlas
07-18-2020, 03:37 PM
Thanks, I was not sure on that point.

Surrena
07-18-2020, 06:08 PM

To be fair mezz "knows" everything about everything.

Senolin
07-18-2020, 06:54 PM
QFE

This thread is about duping and the effect that has on us all, not FRS, forum pvp, or anything other you wish to post about.

Will items made with duped resources be deleted from game? Including their contents?

I ask because what if someone made a large run of houses / backpacks for vendor sale with duped resources, obviously not knowing they're duped and these items are deleted along with their contents?

Obviously this is a big WHAT IF, yes i know. why would anyone use a resource worthy of being duped on houses, but you'd be surprised what i find people use SB resources for so it could very well have happened.

Just saying this could turn 60k items into 600k items because houses/backpacks poof. So just asking for clarification because i've seen people talk about anything made with duped resources will poof but i so no verification from staff on this.

I am not arguing that removing duped items is nessecary or that items made with duped components be removed, But duped resources? thats awful broad and could hit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many things. especially if it hits someones backpacks or houses

divlas
07-18-2020, 08:03 PM
My two cents:

I tried playing on Bloodfin (emu) server back when I first moved to Boston. Academic life was so demanding that I didn't feel I could carry on with SWGEMU (basilik predecessor, Liberator, and its predecessor). In the end I played Bloodfin for less than 2 hours. SWGemu v Bloodfin back then was: Community Time (<3) v Fame and Credits. And I've enjoyed Basilik since the day I first login into the project. (from my memories, I was still a Bachelor Student ( somewhere between 2008-2011) playing on Tatooine. I think Tatooine, and some cities were the only place you could pop.

We are now confronted with a sad true: some players wanted to exploit, cheat, at the cost of their own real life money, to gain a reputation(?) in our communities. As a romantic person I feel sad, and even more sad.
However I'm glad look at the immense majority of the player base. They know, they keep in their minds that playing SWG is about communities, help, and genuine generosity valued in time, not credits.
A slow but healthy path to helping each other in virtual worlds.

We knew since Live ($ø€), that engaging into competitive PVP or Competitive PVE, could drive new players out of the game. The game mechanics are olds, but they cannot be blamed. The fault most often falls on a minority of players who:
1) know nothing of Galaxies' spirit (sandbox, Star Wars, newbies helpers, slow learning curve driving to enjoyment, and mostly shared enjoyment within a group or a guild. Community Enjoyment.
However a minority knowing nothing of what make SWG special, worth saving. They want to change it to be more like the Bloodfin server emulator. A server where everything was easy, and even super easy once you knew the unwritten rules. (I do hope this server changed since back then.... SWG don't need a Queen lol)
2) As a minority, they feel and look like they have magical powers, they cast spells against disobedient newbies who wanted to experience the slow learning curve, newbies who would have stick to Basilik, but since they watched these individuals, they left us. Because we, as a majority, failed to get to them first. (probably because we were enjoying our communities so much. Moreover we were scared to recruit a corrupted player, and also we became suspicious of newbies out of the fear they would leave our community/guild after three months. For that we were valuing time as a currency and not credits.) Managing Real Life and a potential Virtual life is normally easy (even a bliss) when you know what your heart drives for.
3) The minority is (plausibly) able to barely-corrupt (But never completely), or slowly drive to the shadow side, certain of the most helpful newbie helper, 99% of the time because our time benefactors wanted to help more that they should be able to (do they want to compete with this minority of corrupted users. ). This is about to me all about Community Time v Community Fame&Credits.

This game was recreated for the same reason Ryzom is still alive. Its worth it when you play it the way its meant to be played (your way). But lack of new content, like JtL :'( may drive many players to want to try new things and slowly forget the reason that led them to play this game.

But I'm convinced that Star Wars Galaxies will become even more enjoyable now that we have realized that. We are taking the right path. :D

Lolindir
07-18-2020, 09:32 PM
Will items made with duped resources be deleted from game? Including their contents?

I ask because what if someone made a large run of houses / backpacks for vendor sale with duped resources, obviously not knowing they're duped and these items are deleted along with their contents?

Obviously this is a big WHAT IF, yes i know. why would anyone use a resource worthy of being duped on houses, but you'd be surprised what i find people use SB resources for so it could very well have happened.

Just saying this could turn 60k items into 600k items because houses/backpacks poof. So just asking for clarification because i've seen people talk about anything made with duped resources will poof but i so no verification from staff on this.

I am not arguing that removing duped items is nessecary or that items made with duped components be removed, But duped resources? thats awful broad and could hit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many things. especially if it hits someones backpacks or houses

A few things had to happen first. We had to get the main guys banned first of all, then we made the announcement, because we felt the community needed to know what was going on. That is where we are now. Moving forward, we are still investigating. Some still reach out to us, others we find our self.

As to how we will handle the duped items. We are working on that part. We really do not want to harm our community with doing too much. We really feel that this is a delicate issue, that already is a disaster and we don't wish to make it worse, by going about it the wrong way. When we do have a course of action, code has to be made, so we are still a little off from when the community will actually see the result. We will inform the community when we are ready to move forward, as we wish to be as transparent as possible about this.

Misk Brebran
07-18-2020, 09:45 PM
Not just houses and backpacks with items in it, but if its a GH or merchant tent or any other building with vendors in them that would really be unfortunate as well as we all feel “a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of [vendor] voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced” taking all their items with them.....

Oh this is dire indeed......

Senolin
07-18-2020, 10:01 PM
A few things had to happen first. We had to get the main guys banned first of all, then we made the announcement, because we felt the community needed to know what was going on. That is where we are now. Moving forward, we are still investigating. Some still reach out to us, others we find our self.

As to how we will handle the duped items. We are working on that part. We really do not want to harm our community with doing too much. We really feel that this is a delicate issue, that already is a disaster and we don't wish to make it worse, by going about it the wrong way. When we do have a course of action, code has to be made, so we are still a little off from when the community will actually see the result. We will inform the community when we are ready to move forward, as we wish to be as transparent as possible about this.

Thank you very much for the info and everything you guys do.

Soryn Jian-Wa
07-18-2020, 10:13 PM
Please tell me that these people won't be unbanned in 1.0, right?

Pitchcontrol
07-18-2020, 11:24 PM
This whole duping thing is a total clusterf***

Imagine you farmed days for all things to craft your own perfect armor or weapon. After many tries you finally got the perfect slice. F*** the metal you used was a duped resource you bought off some vendor and you had no idea it was duped.

Mobyus1
07-19-2020, 03:42 AM
I have a very limited understanding of the code, but I will be very surprised if they are able to implement some tool that can scan all pre-existing items in the database for what resources they were crafted with. Perhaps, going forward, that sort of stuff could be logged... but I don't think stuff like that has been tracked this entire time.

This is only my speculation. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me.