PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars, The Exploit

Pages : 1 [2]

Pitchcontrol
07-19-2020, 10:00 AM
I have a very limited understanding of the code, but I will be very surprised if they are able to implement some tool that can scan all pre-existing items in the database for what resources they were crafted with. Perhaps, going forward, that sort of stuff could be logged... but I don't think stuff like that has been tracked this entire time.

This is only my speculation. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me. That is why I say its a clusterF... A lot of work for Devs and CSR. Players are uncertain if they are affected. Will they lose items. When this is over you need to try to arrange a Q and A with LordKator, he said he could write a novel about the event. A lot of people are curious.

divlas
07-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately I can already see the impact of this on the gen chat.
Players are starting to defer big purchases until the server is clean.

Still its a good time to work on improving our skills rather than buys more expansive equipment!:love:

Misk Brebran
07-19-2020, 07:11 PM
if you used a duped item to get xp will the xp go away as well? food for thought.....

oMek
07-21-2020, 05:58 AM
Like I said, WIPE the server. Let everyone start over on an even foot. If we get 1-2 years from a clean server before 1.0 it would be a blessing.

buellronin
07-21-2020, 05:59 AM
Like I said, WIPE the server. Let everyone start over on an even foot. If we get 1-2 years from a clean server before 1.0 it would be a blessing.

1.0 won't be here for some time....you are going to have to wait for suncrusher 2009 to get your 1.0 wipe..

oMek
07-21-2020, 06:10 AM
1.0 won't be here for some time....you are going to have to wait for suncrusher 2009 to get your 1.0 wipe..

Then RIP Emu and pre cu.

buellronin
07-21-2020, 06:11 AM
Then RIP Emu and pre cu.

Are you saying you are going to quit the game?
I'm not sure what you mean.

divlas
07-21-2020, 11:14 AM
I'm 100% with you Omek. If this had happened last year during the summer (low population) we would already be done...
Now, players will lose the will to play very fast.

Asifab19
07-22-2020, 02:00 AM
I'm 100% with you Omek. If this had happened last year during the summer (low population) we would already be done...
Now, players will lose the will to play very fast.

I think this will only happen if no one or no group of players attempts to help the community after the purge. I have heard from a few different guild leaders already that they are planning to help the community and those who lost items anyway they can.

Of course this will lead to scum bags faking what they've lost and trying to collect on the good will of others.

Yes what is coming will suck for anyone who loses something they worked hard to get.

I will just ask this of everyone who does lose something. Remember how much fun you had grinding out your professions or your credits or loot drops to be able to get that item? Well instead of leaving the server just remember you can do it all over again and enjoy it as well.

Having to earn something twice does suck when you lost it the first time due to no fault of your own. I imagine there will be items I will lose after this purge as well, I'm certain I will now lose at least 3 or 4 ADK at a minimum.

However, I would ask those of you who do lose items to just keep carrying on. Enjoy the game have fun grinding out more loot or crafting more items to sell. If anyone is giving you trouble on the server ask your friends for help or even other guilds.

I think we will find many members of the community who are more well off in game then the others will step up and do what they can to help keep the server going.

buellronin
07-22-2020, 02:17 AM
I don't want duped items creating a shadow on the community.

I will be deleting all of my items in case they are dupes. I ask all of you to do the same in an effort to show the developers that the community has integrity and won't stand for dupes.

#deleteitallnow
#allintegritymatters
#makebasgreatagain

golfsr
07-22-2020, 03:28 AM

I will be deleting all of my items in case they are dupes. I ask all of you to do the same in an effort to show the developers that the community has integrity and won't stand for dupes.

#deleteitallnow
#allintegritymatters
#makebasgreatagain

I totally agree, soon as I have a chance I will delete 5 of the 6 adks I have. I will keep 1 from rewards I claimed.

MyFearIsMyCurse
07-22-2020, 04:06 AM

#deleteitallnow
#allintegritymatters
#makebasgreatagain

you can start with your account

titotee
07-22-2020, 04:39 AM
When will the first wave of stimulus credits be sent out to those affected? Thank you

dsrules
07-22-2020, 06:20 AM
I am amazed by how much you knew about this, and never reported it.

you'll be happy to hear that i somehow know even less now than i did before.

and you don't know my mantis tickets buckaroo! get@me

Fonma
07-22-2020, 09:39 AM
So the original post listed 7 accounts and mentioned 45 were banned. Of the 7 listed do we know what guild they were all in? Were they all in LIVE or was there others?

With 45 accounts being banned there is no way a guild can say they were "unaware" of what was going on and if people continue to stay in those guilds, rather than leave because of its tarnished name. Then i would like to be able to do my best to avoid purchasing anything from their vendors.

buellronin
07-22-2020, 01:52 PM
So the original post listed 7 accounts and mentioned 45 were banned. Of the 7 listed do we know what guild they were all in? Were they all in LIVE or was there others?

With 45 accounts being banned there is no way a guild can say they were "unaware" of what was going on and if people continue to stay in those guilds, rather than leave because of its tarnished name. Then i would like to be able to do my best to avoid purchasing anything from their vendors.

Surely you can't judge an entire group by the bad actions of some of that group. Or do we now judge entire groups of people based on the actions of the minority?????

Jackleware
07-22-2020, 03:27 PM
Surely you can't judge an entire group by the bad actions of some of that group. Or do we now judge entire groups of people based on the actions of the minority?????

Assuming the majority is aware of the issue, then when a majority fails to stop a minority from certain actions, or does not hold the minority accountable for their actions, then yes, we are going to judge the majority as failing in self-policing.

Judging the failing majority within a situation for anything but the topic at hand is not fair. We have to keep the focus on the topic if judgements are going to be passed.

Tyrenio
07-22-2020, 03:40 PM
I'm in LIVE. Tell me, without the tools LK has and without being told about the hacks, how would I know whether they're duping? Because they're incredibly rich? How rich is too rich? Most of these guys have been active 5+ years longer than me, asking them for a play-by-play on how they amassed their fortunes isn't reasonable nor conclusive in determining for myself if they cheated. Idk what you expect people to do that weren't in the know.

buellronin
07-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Jeff bezos is really rich. Is he duping?

RegDave77
07-22-2020, 03:59 PM
. . . By affected we mean that they have been in contact with, or owning duped items. Its not an automatic ban to own a duped item or have had it in your possession. Many don't even know the item is a clone..

Very true statement about not even knowing if any of my items were duped.
I just signed on to see that all but one ADK I had was duped.
Mega bummed because that's a lot of credits and traded items wasted... but I'm happy my BH's weapon and my jedi's gear are legit.

Thank you Devs for finding out the guilty party.
Hopefully things will start to get better, community-wise and economy-wise.

Now is the real question... keep the ADK for my BH or Jedi... choices choices

dsrules
07-22-2020, 04:44 PM
if ahhh, uhh you think about it, the real dupe was inside of us all along

divlas
07-22-2020, 06:51 PM
Mega bummed because that's a lot of credits and traded items wasted... but I'm happy my BH's weapon and my jedi's gear are legit.

Does it mean the devs did patch up the game and have removed the dupped items? Because none of my stuff got affected.
And everyone on the genchat thinks that no actions have been taken so far...

ForceFielding
07-22-2020, 07:07 PM

How do you know that?

Fastburn
07-22-2020, 07:19 PM

You are mistaken. Beyond the email everyone got about the forthcoming change to these items, nothing has happened yet.

Tyrenio
07-22-2020, 07:40 PM
It's been stated already we'll at least get an email regarding what items are being removed, when they're removed.

Lolindir
07-22-2020, 09:49 PM
As I have said, we will inform you when we start. I'll quote myself so latecomers to read.

A few things had to happen first. We had to get the main guys banned first of all, then we made the announcement, because we felt the community needed to know what was going on. That is where we are now. Moving forward, we are still investigating. Some still reach out to us, others we find our self.

As to how we will handle the duped items. We are working on that part. We really do not want to harm our community with doing too much. We really feel that this is a delicate issue, that already is a disaster and we don't wish to make it worse, by going about it the wrong way. When we do have a course of action, code has to be made, so we are still a little off from when the community will actually see the result. We will inform the community when we are ready to move forward, as we wish to be as transparent as possible about this.

irixgero
07-22-2020, 10:55 PM
I'm in LIVE. Tell me, without the tools LK has and without being told about the hacks, how would I know whether they're duping? Because they're incredibly rich? How rich is too rich? Most of these guys have been active 5+ years longer than me, asking them for a play-by-play on how they amassed their fortunes isn't reasonable nor conclusive in determining for myself if they cheated. Idk what you expect people to do that weren't in the know.

Im not in LIVE and even I understood that they where cheating. Didnt knew how they did it, but between the multi-accounting and duping i knew they were dirty

Tyrenio
07-23-2020, 01:02 AM
Im not in LIVE and even I understood that they where cheating. Didnt knew how they did it, but between the multi-accounting and duping i knew they were dirtydoesn't answer my question

Senolin
07-23-2020, 02:52 AM
Im not in LIVE and even I understood that they where cheating. Didnt knew how they did it, but between the multi-accounting and duping i knew they were dirty

I'd like to know how??? I've seen many ppl here on the forums toss out over half a billion credits at auctions, and many many great near cap or over cap items? Are they all cheating?

There's a ton of people in live, not all of them even farm high end heavy like the others.

Jeremai
07-23-2020, 06:41 AM
Did the other great Guilds here never have any player in their guild that have been banned for Multi account or some other things that where against SWGemu rules?

I would never go that far that I would say Guild "XXX" has to be banned only if I know that someone of the Guild was banned for multi accounting, because all other of the guild for sure have known it.

What some people of LIVE did is not acceptable, no question about. But I will for sure not accuse all LIVE people for that.

Devs will find out who is to be banned and who not!

RegDave77
07-23-2020, 08:29 AM
You are mistaken. Beyond the email everyone got about the forthcoming change to these items, nothing has happened yet.

Oh maybe I misunderstood the email and the posts, my bad.
Either that, or it didn’t help that I was riding the wave from my edibles when I wrote my response.

I’ll check my stuff when I get back home today.

The reason I wrote what so wrote was because I had three adks, total; one on my Bh weapon, one on my psg, and one on my lightsaber.

When I logged in yesterday on one of my characters, I saw the ingame mail and swiftly went to my BH and Jedi characters.

The only thing that I saw that had the “wont decay” message was on my PSG. I checked my weapon and it didn’t have it and when I logged on my Jedi and saw that his lightsaber, it didn’t have it either.

I might’ve misread because I saw a previous post about if an item was adk’d with a duped ADK, then the item would remain, but not be adk’d. I might’ve jumped the gun on my assumption, hence the confusion. Sorry about that.

Fonma
07-23-2020, 10:09 AM
I'd like to know how??? I've seen many ppl here on the forums toss out over half a billion credits at auctions, and many many great near cap or over cap items? Are they all cheating?

There's a ton of people in Live, not all of them even farm high end heavy like the others.

The fact they stay in a guild with such a tarnished name shows either, they don't care about the duping or they knew about. Because if it's a shock and surprise to them what was going on then why not leave to distance themselves from it.

If I was in a guild that had such a tarnished name due to a big chunk of them being cheaters I would leave said guild to distance myself from that trash

Walking carpet
07-23-2020, 10:54 AM
The fact they stay in a guild with such a tarnished name shows either, they don't care about the duping or they knew about. Because if it's a shock and surprise to them what was going on then why not leave to distance themselves from it.

If I was in a guild that had such a tarnished name due to a big chunk of them being cheaters I would leave said guild to distance myself from that trash

Its sad for those in that guild that toght they where in a legit organization.
the leaders of [LIVE] clearly dint care about:

1) TAG Reputation
2) Members Reputation
3) Game ToS and CoC
4) All of there costumers

buellronin
07-23-2020, 11:14 AM
When will the mass deletion be coming. The river of tears needs to be fed.

Farelli
07-23-2020, 11:15 AM
Our CSRs see many reports of hacking, multi-accounting, and various other outside-the-game-PvP every day and most of them have no evidence. When we dig into them we find them to be explainable.

EoS gives us the ability to see the truth.

Many people think a guild the size of LIVE must be constantly communicating with every member, in cahoots and gaming the rest of the community. The evidence simply doesn't support that assertion.

Pitchcontrol
07-23-2020, 11:49 AM

First of all, many people have complained for years about some people that are connected to Live guild because they heavily multi accounted... to give you an example bakestick. Many people in your guild knew something was fishy going on with him and others. When people complained about him on forums, a bunch people of your guild defended him. Most of those who defended him are banned now.

Second of all, the number of overcap rifles they had in the acklay group. 1 or 2 where legit. But most were not! If you ever farmed krayts you just know how hard it can be to finally get a high end krayt stack for a rifle. It can take up to weeks or months of daily farming to get a 250+ krayt stack. And yellow, exceptional, legendary krayt stack only drops like once every 3 to 6 months, and many of those stacks aren't overcap on damage . I know people who had 7 to 8 bad slices to finally get a big rifle that isn't overcap. Slicing can really be depressing.
Personally I have an overcap drx6, I know how hard it is to get overcap tissues, I know how hard it is to get a pre nerf jabba scope and to finally be lucky with the slice. But somehow half of the Live guild Acklay group managed to outdamage my rifle all the time. When some people in that acklaygroup start to lend overcap rifles out like candy you know something is wrong.

When Sire made his fake auctions on forums just to show of like 50 pre nerf jaba scopes in his inventory. Or to jack up prices by making a post he's looking for a certain item, and bought it by a PM double the price it went just a month prior, but a month later he tries to sell a simular item with lower stats at very high price. You know something is wrong!

teradek
07-23-2020, 01:52 PM
I am curious as to the plans of removing the DUPs so people who have been known to buy items can no longer farm items for the guilds they belong to. As Pitch said its hard to get a slice but when you see people randomly show up at Ackely or on Krayts doing over 10k damage you know something is fishy especially when the week before they barely hit 6k.

dsrules
07-23-2020, 02:00 PM
First of all, many people have complained for years about some people that are connected to Live guild because they heavily multi accounted... to give you an example bakestick. Many people in your guild knew something was fishy going on with him and others. When people complained about him on forums, a bunch people of your guild defended him. Most of those who defended him are banned now.

Second of all, the number of overcap rifles they had in the acklay group. 1 or 2 where legit. But most were not! If you ever farmed krayts you just know how hard it can be to finally get a high end krayt stack for a rifle. It can take up to weeks or months of daily farming to get a 250+ krayt stack. And yellow, exceptional, legendary krayt stack only drops like once every 3 to 6 months, and many of those stacks aren't overcap on damage . I know people who had 7 to 8 bad slices to finally get a big rifle that isn't overcap. Slicing can really be depressing.
Personally I have an overcap drx6, I know how hard it is to get overcap tissues, I know how hard it is to get a pre nerf jabba scope and to finally be lucky with the slice. But somehow half of the Live guild Acklay group managed to outdamage my rifle all the time. When some people in that acklaygroup start to lend overcap rifles out like candy you know something is wrong.

When Sire made his fake auctions on forums just to show of like 50 pre nerf jaba scopes in his inventory. Or to jack up prices by making a post he's looking for a certain item, and bought it by a PM double the price it went just a month prior, but a month later he tries to sell a simular item with lower stats at very high price. You know something is wrong!

you dont even remotely know what you are talking about can you stop its just a game friend

irixgero
07-23-2020, 02:17 PM
you dont even remotely know what you are talking about can you stop its just a game friend

Please enlighten us fren.

Pitchcontrol
07-23-2020, 02:29 PM
you dont even remotely know what you are talking about can you stop its just a game friend So you admit you knew everything and didn't reported it?

Jeremai
07-23-2020, 02:33 PM
I think one very important thing about if you may have a glance that something with some members of LIVE has been fishy is the cash and gear area in which your used to play and if you use the Forum or not.

Please take in to account that many of the people in game do not even know how high damage and expensive a weapon can be.

Many people, play in a cash balance area that is such far below from what other player do. Many do not know that there are Rifles, Weapons, Items that go around for 50mil, 100mil of even much more….. glad if they can get a 600 Maxdam DXR for 600k.

Many players do not even use the forum (especially for buying stuff) and simply play the game only using all ways of communication that are available in game.

The trade forum from my point of view, is mainly HQ and High Expensive area, what may limit the number of people that may get an idea what may be fishy and what not.
Don’t misunderstand, I am not accusing all rich players that they could have known LIVE to cheat for sure not.

Tyrenio
07-23-2020, 04:39 PM
I see a lot of speculating, but not much else.

Our CSRs see many reports of hacking, multi-accounting, and various other outside-the-game-PvP every day and most of them have no evidence. When we dig into them we find them to be explainable.

EoS gives us the ability to see the truth.

Many people think a guild the size of LIVE must be constantly communicating with every member, in cahoots and gaming the rest of the community. The evidence simply doesn't support that assertion.

This is my point.

Hargath
07-23-2020, 04:51 PM
Sure. Farelli is certainly right. I think some of the previous posts are taking things a bit too far. Certainly not everyone under LIVE's tag knew, should have known or could have known. That is a given. On the other hand, no one can really blame people for pointing fingers in that guild's general direction.
Simply for the fact that pretty much everyone of that list of 7 seems to have some direct tie into the guild structure and with the guild leader on that list, well, saying that special attention from the guild leadership was given to keeping members true to the ToS, it wouldn't get one far, would it?

So if you are in LIVE, have seen nothing and suspected nothing, cut people some slack here and remember that everyone has their panties slightly in a twist over the looming item deletion. Since this doesn't come with a full server reset where everyone starts at zero, it distorts the personal effort people have put into the game simply by choosing the wrong vendor at the wrong and will surely cause a good bunch to quit till 1.0.
Some might slip the net cast by the Eye of LordKrator's, some might be cought unjustly. I certainly don't envy CSR for having to make sense of this mess. Niffer, LordKrator and Jaws, I want to buy you three some hot coco.

That being said, what I think LIVE is very much to blame for is this: These are your boys. Your guildleader, officers, senior members. Not some people you happened to have guilded 2 months ago and never interacted with in any meaningful way. Yet there is no post other the Mulder's adressing anything and helping the rest of us make sense of what is/was going on. I wasn't very fond of Mulder's post for various reasons, but that's beside the point here. So seeing Farelli and LordKrator step in to ask the good people of Basilisk to lay down their torches and pitchfork when it comes to your members, seems wrong. This should have been the job of whoever is going to pick up leadership. And it should have happened about a week ago.

Tyrenio
07-23-2020, 05:20 PM
Certainly, I'm expecting to lose stuff too. I'm pointing out the lack of attention to the nuances of this incident. Y'all are going to feel silly months from now when people are still here/have returned from temp bans, and your posts in this thread indicate your inability to distinguish facts from speculation.

And lol, if you're citing some sort of guild structure and its implications in this, you don't know a thing about LIVE.

sugarlizard
07-23-2020, 06:26 PM
Sure. Farelli is certainly right. I think some of the previous posts are taking things a bit too far. Certainly not everyone under LIVE's tag knew, should have known or could have known. That is a given. On the other hand, no one can really blame people for pointing fingers in that guild's general direction.
Simply for the fact that pretty much everyone of that list of 7 seems to have some direct tie into the guild structure and with the guild leader on that list, well, saying that special attention from the guild leadership was given to keeping members true to the ToS, it wouldn't get one far, would it?

So if you are in LIVE, have seen nothing and suspected nothing, cut people some slack here and remember that everyone has their panties slightly in a twist over the looming item deletion. Since this doesn't come with a full server reset where everyone starts at zero, it distorts the personal effort people have put into the game simply by choosing the wrong vendor at the wrong and will surely cause a good bunch to quit till 1.0.
Some might slip the net cast by the Eye of LordKrator's, some might be cought unjustly. I certainly don't envy CSR for having to make sense of this mess. Niffer, LordKrator and Jaws, I want to buy you three some hot coco.

That being said, what I think LIVE is very much to blame for is this: These are your boys. Your guildleader, officers, senior members. Not some people you happened to have guilded 2 months ago and never interacted with in any meaningful way. Yet there is no post other the Mulder's adressing anything and helping the rest of us make sense of what is/was going on. I wasn't very fond of Mulder's post for various reasons, but that's beside the point here. So seeing Farelli and LordKrator step in to ask the good people of Basilisk to lay down their torches and pitchfork when it comes to your members, seems wrong. This should have been the job of whoever is going to pick up leadership. And it should have happened about a week ago.

I'm so glad you have strong logical knowledge on what is going on.

Oh, wait. You don't.

The reason some of the staff members have stepped in is because they have the evidence, they have the data, the numbers and the conversations to back up what they are seeing. You know how I know that? Because I am also in LIVE and the data is what cleared me when it came down to brass tacks. It's like you guys are just looking for any reason to make any negative assumptions you have be believable. It's getting tiresome.

Unless you have been shown the data and evidence you only know what is being said here and what your bias is telling you. Nothing more. All logic is tossed to the side by mental gymnastics in order to stick your landing. When it comes down to how people look back on this, I hope you guys realize that you all had a choice, and some of you are willing to become like those people you've been trying to smear in order to get some sort of ego boost.

Pitchcontrol
07-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Certainly, I'm expecting to lose stuff too. I'm pointing out the lack of attention to the nuances of this incident. Y'all are going to feel silly months from now when people are still here/have returned from temp bans, and your posts in this thread indicate your inability to distinguish facts from speculation.

And lol, if you're citing some sort of guild structure and its implications in this, you don't know a thing about LIVE.

Like I said before, 7 are perma banned and they are on the wall of shame. The other accounts are under investigation. We will see some cleared an return, some others probably perma banned. And likely see more accounts investigated.
Not All live members knew about this ponzi sceme. There are a bunch of good people in Live guild and I talk and play with some of them. Because they are nice people. I also played together with some of the members who quitted the game. Some of them warned me about the inner circle of Live guild (The people who are banned). That some of them would go through great length to able to control the loot.

When Oma guild stalked me for weeks around to ks me, I was given an invite in Live guild by a friend who was in Live guild a couple of years ago. He told me he didn't liked that they stalked me and that they would leave me alone when I would wear the Live tag. Another member who quitted told me the same thing. Oma was created by an inner circle of Live guild. Just for the purpose to control loot.

Hargath
07-23-2020, 06:41 PM
True enough. I never claimed I did know anything about how the guild internals worked over in your guild. Since people in this thread don't know, myself included, I was suggesting to get in 'front of the narrative' of this mess and explain what you people, as a guild implicated in this, want the rest of us to know about it.

All we got so far is Mulder's post demanding 'to see the evidence', which is a lovely thought to be honest, Fissle being generally unhappy with how things are handled and you telling us that nobody could have know what was going on. Maybe, just maybe, this leaves a lot of room for assumptions, rumours and false accusations when the server is this shook from the initial announcement.

So help us to look at this in a fair way and not feel silly months from now, please?

Tyrenio
07-23-2020, 06:58 PM
Sure, my input is to let staff do its thing, and be patient while they do it.

Hargath
07-23-2020, 07:24 PM
I'm so glad you have strong logical knowledge on what is going on.

Oh, wait. You don't.

The reason some of the staff members have stepped in is because they have the evidence, they have the data, the numbers and the conversations to back up what they are seeing. You know how I know that? Because I am also in LIVE and the data is what cleared me when it came down to brass tacks. It's like you guys are just looking for any reason to make any negative assumptions you have be believable. It's getting tiresome.

Unless you have been shown the data and evidence you only know what is being said here and what your bias is telling you. Nothing more. All logic is tossed to the side by mental gymnastics in order to stick your landing. When it comes down to how people look back on this, I hope you guys realize that you all had a choice, and some of you are willing to become like those people you've been trying to smear in order to get some sort of ego boost.

Cool story. Didn't mean to get under your skin. Sorry.

Tyrson
07-23-2020, 07:31 PM
This whole thread....

https://i.imgur.com/9mf2mwD.gif

That's not my scene baby, I'm more of a...

https://i.imgur.com/ssqCYeR.gif

kind of guy.

rfortiner
07-23-2020, 10:07 PM
People complain a lot about the superior weapons and cash that LIVE has all of the time it seems yet a lot of people don’t pay any attention to the age of the accounts of the people in the guild nor the interests of those within the guild. Most individuals within LIVE are long term players. There are also quite a few individuals who understand coding which allows them to understand how to best craft and use combat capabilities. Anyone with the credits and knowledge base of that has the capability to do whatever they want to in this game. There are many advanced crafters in LIVE, one doesn’t have to break the TOS to make items that are comparable.

What I don’t get is why is everyone’s focus solely on LIVE when other people in other guilds were banned as well? Why is this become a “oh look at how horrible LIVE is?” Yeah there were a few members on the list that were named but it isn’t like the whole guild was banned or aware or it or even a large portion of the guild was banned, so why is the whole guild getting slammed from almost all sides? Why did the light side frs ban anyone from LIVE from participating? If frs’s banned anyone from any guild that has ever had anyone banned then there would be no one left.

Maybe, just maybe, we should all be adults and look at peoples actions as individuals and not as an entire guilds and maybe everyone should act with a little sympathy towards people who had friends banned as many of those people are getting bashed at even if they had no idea of what was going on.

LordSniper
07-24-2020, 01:12 AM
Just wanted to chime in to say thank you everyone involved, dedicating your time on this project to re-create a game that many enjoy! It’s not unexpected to see some bad apples try to stir the pot but comical none the less.

Again thanks guys, looking forward to seeing what the future holds!

Livy2K
07-24-2020, 02:39 AM
People complain a lot about the superior weapons and cash that LIVE has all of the time it seems yet a lot of people don’t pay any attention to the age of the accounts of the people in the guild nor the interests of those within the guild. Most individuals within LIVE are long term players. There are also quite a few individuals who understand coding which allows them to understand how to best craft and use combat capabilities. Anyone with the credits and knowledge base of that has the capability to do whatever they want to in this game.

Like when they wanted to dupe????

Cry me a river, nobody from ReCoN was banned because nobody from ReCoN was duping. Having good loot and credits isn't the problem, lots of us have acquired tonnes of stuff.

It's the comically blantant cheating, multi accounts and out of game transactions Live and Oma etc have participated in for years that people complain about.

rfortiner
07-24-2020, 04:15 AM
Like when they wanted to dupe????

Cry me a river, nobody from ReCoN was banned because nobody from ReCoN was duping. Having good loot and credits isn't the problem, lots of us have acquired tonnes of stuff.

It's the comically blantant cheating, multi accounts and out of game transactions Live and Oma etc have participated in for years that people complain about.

All I am saying is the people you are mad at are banned and unable to read everyone blasting them, it doesn’t affect them. Stop being a toxic jerk and giving crap to the people who are not banned and are not breaking the TOS, it solves nothing other then driving the community apart. This community needs every person it has, the only people you are hurting is yourself as this type of behavior does nothing to make nee members want to be here...

Jeremai
07-24-2020, 05:00 AM
All I am saying is the people you are mad at are banned and unable to read everyone blasting them, it doesn’t affect them....

This thread is public and can be seen regardless your logged in or not.

Livy2K
07-24-2020, 07:53 AM
All I am saying is the people you are mad at are banned and unable to read everyone blasting them, it doesn’t affect them. Stop being a toxic jerk and giving crap to the people who are not banned and are not breaking the TOS, it solves nothing other then driving the community apart.

Those people ought to find themselves a new guild because the core of Live/oMa were found lacking integrity.

It's not being toxic to point out the obvious and topkek at the heavy handy moderation of this thread.

Farelli
07-24-2020, 11:27 AM
The only reason we comment is because we have facts, and don't want this thread to devolve into forum PvP.

This thread is rapidly developing a foundation on speculation and that leads to unnecessary name-calling and eventual locking or mass-deleting of threads.

No one wants to see that.

jmx
07-24-2020, 12:26 PM
livy is right

chasey lain
07-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Yeah there were a few members on the list that were named but it isn’t like the whole guild

Unfortunately Izzy, the LIVE name is now tainted. Those banned were pretty influential members of the guild and the server. And from the outside, LIVE's approach to the whole ordeal looks pretty weak to be fair, not much has been done. You can't blame the server for not having any compassion. We haven't even had a purge yet... wait till people start losing their stuff.

Have to say, it's a sad period for all of us who consider many of LIVE friends.

dedaskalion
07-24-2020, 01:49 PM
LIVE is like China, and the duped items are the corona virus.

jmx
07-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Good analogy

rfortiner
07-24-2020, 02:49 PM
You do realize that out of the total amount of accounts they have stated were banned that the ones in LIVE make up less then a quarter of them right?

dedaskalion
07-24-2020, 03:17 PM
So out of everyone that currently a known duper, one guild has a distinguishable higher number 🧐

rfortiner
07-24-2020, 03:37 PM
So out of everyone that currently a known duper, one guild has a distinguishable higher number 🧐

Or, how about, this is much bigger then one guild?

dedaskalion
07-24-2020, 03:42 PM
Or, how about, this is much bigger then one guild?you are fake news

Hargath
07-24-2020, 03:57 PM
At this point, why do you do this to yourself, Izzmea. Look again at the first page of this thread. What do you see?
I simply don't get it. All you had to say is something along the lines of: We are as shocked as the rest of the community. We acknowledge this will erode some trust in our guildtag. Please give us time to figure things out and work towards regaining said trust.

All it would have taken.
And not gonna lie. It is a 'LIVE' problem. Simply for the fact that a lot of people view it as such. And all you people did was deflect, be generally grumpy, try to muddy the water and that unfortunate exchange between Sugar and myself.
I am well aware that a lot of people with your tag shouldn't be implicated at all to have had any part of this. And if I have to find myself in a position where I have a say in things, I will make sure this sentiment is at the forefront of my mind. But your tag as such, its no good anywhere anymore. A few bad apples spoil the barrel, as they say. What is 'LIVE' is now 'DEAD'. Hope you find a good home as you move on.

jmx
07-24-2020, 04:33 PM
the perpetrators of this crime were widely known before this,
everyone knew of one particular man who has a significantly smaller bank account becuase of his swgemu RMTing. Dont pretend members of live didnt know either.
suspect gear was widely distributed to members.

....and it is largely one guild...you cant deny that...

I can confirm no member of<Salty> has participated in this illegal activity.

Tyrenio
07-24-2020, 04:35 PM
Got it, glad we're getting to this level of sophistication with catching duping... not glad that it was necessary.I said this on page 2, we're now on page 22. There's not much left to be said, only work on the staff's part.

Lolindir
07-24-2020, 04:42 PM
Have had to delete more posts. Stop this bickering.

Asifab19
07-24-2020, 05:34 PM
You do realize that out of the total amount of accounts they have stated were banned that the ones in LIVE make up less then a quarter of them right?

We also have no idea how many of those members are LIVE, or how many are possibly a 2nd/3rd/4th account of those being named on the front page. However, when you stop to look at the original post. There is a reason that the people who got named are from the LIVE guild.

That is because they were the ones behind the entire mess of this. If they were willing to cheat to this extent then running multiple accounts is nothing to them. We also know that they are reading what is being said about them on the forums too.

Do many of you fail to realize that the actions of those who were named put this entire project at risk? Over a decade of work by so many giving their time for free to bring this game back to the community. This entire project was put at risk over their selfish greed.

Tyrenio
07-24-2020, 06:16 PM
Yes, they were named because they were the primary perpetrators of the exploit. The guild itself was not mentioned. That's you guys.

I don't see anyone saying RMTing doesn't endanger the project? I'm not sure what your point is.

We're talking in circles now, this thread has run its course. We'll see what gets released to the community later.

Livy2K
07-25-2020, 12:26 AM
So you would prefer we don't mention that the vast majority of people identified as perpetrators were core members of the same guild?

Forgive me for not understanding why the community ought to do these violators such a favor? They were almost all in the same in game player association. Why wouldn't we name it?

Not the communities fault there may be innocent parties in that guild who were betrayed by their own friends. Those evil people backstabbed the entire project and the community as a whole.

People are upset, people have been cheated. Theres no reason not to let them express their disappointment and outrage right here where the accused and their cronies can see it.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Questor Zarnac
07-25-2020, 01:23 AM
Been hesitant to make a post over this, the dust is still settling and i don't need to aggravate the wounds, and it's just more unneeded blather, but i feel led to say something. It has been a pensive experience all around for me, making it worse for any party is nothing i want to to strive for, when you're here this long you develop friendships on all sides if your capable.

I don't pretend to know why LIVE leadership was outed in such a prominent fasion, maybe it was the lesser of evils for the project.

It does strain some credibility that no one in LIVE had suspicions, but having been a GL myself on Bas
I can understand, and I wouldn't know the whole story behind the scenes of this affair. You do not have control over your guild mates and know what they are doing, if you are not involved, I've seen many guild kicks after the fact.

Lessons learned, the thing I will take away from this, the persons who first hand duped for real life money are little more than gypsy grifter's. They will just move on to a new racket and community, they cared not enough for the rest of us, it was real life money.

As for in game, we have a way of policing ourselves and the community, I'm sure you have noticed, many may presume it's mostly petty vendetta's and probably is. But rest assured not all of it, the community watches and develops measures to immunize itself from the worst aspects and costliest elements. They also find players they can respect, and will follow and help them.
And at the end of the day, might may not make right but it certainly makes what is. It's what you do with your good fortune that can have the most impact , good or bad.

We all make our mistakes and errors along the way, but do we become mindful of what we are doing.
A shock to the system like this should be awake up call for everyone who still has an interest in the project and game we are so fond of.

Also giving thanks to staff for it's efforts, this iteration of galaxies has been enjoyable and progressed adroitly.
And i hope the project will continue. I also want to thank my friends who have helped guide me along with examples of there own selflessness. You know who you are.

I expect most of my post will be unheeded by most of the community, we all have our own lense we view through.
I rarely like to speak here anymore, for anyone who feels the need to respond to this post contact me or start a thread in the pit, let's spare the rest of the server our trifling opinions. And let the next shoe drop, this isn't over.

trasixes
07-25-2020, 06:13 AM
Nav? Say it ain't so :(

Not looking forward to seeing what goes missing. This sucks.

Fastburn
07-25-2020, 07:03 AM
Nav? Say it ain't so :(

Not looking forward to seeing what goes missing. This sucks.

That is not who you think it is.

Surrena
07-25-2020, 08:32 AM
Why is there two threads on this?

Should be only one, named Basilisk was killed in fire.

Lolindir
07-25-2020, 08:34 AM
I think we are done here. Circles upon circles.