PDA

View Full Version : Clone wars...

lordkator
07-12-2020, 04:25 PM
As we progress towards the 1.0 server, we continue to make foundational investments that improve the economy, reduce exploiting, and build tools that quickly identify and respond to bad actors. As we have said in the past, we have moved to a new Era, where Basilisk is our Beta test server allowing us to test ideas that require scaled users, items, and credit movement to validate.

With this in mind today, I wish to discuss our newest system, "Eye of Sauron" (EoS for short). This system currently logs 31 distinct transactions, focused on the movement of items and money between game systems (i.e., looting an NPC) and players (i.e., Trades, Sales). These are detailed logs, including the source and destination players (or system) and the subject item and any child objects involved (i.e., if you transfer a building with items). As an example, currently on Basilisk, EoS is logging about 500k transactions a day, from the mundane looting of a trash mob to 100M credit transfers between players. We plan to share summaries of that data over time, create leaderboards, and use the data to power events we are preparing for the 1.0 server's launch. We will also use this data to feed our AI/Machine Learning fraud detection system (IG88A) to alert us to bad actors in real-time and allow us to connect accounts in ways that were not possible in the past.

The sad side of this is the origin of EoS; it grows out of community reports to us about bad actors in the community who sell items for real-life money, and who found ways to dupe items and sell them or give them to friends. After the public announcement of 1.0 and our video interviews, several community members approached me directly about concerns they had about things happening in-game. They didn't want to see the 1.0 server ruined by these behaviors and they had been turning a blind eye because "Basilisk is already a mess." They came from all sorts of backgrounds; some were crafters getting duped components that allowed them to craft over and over to get that "perfect craft." Others were in the middle selling items on their vendors in a "no questions asked" mode and making a hearty profit while giving money back to the perpetrators. They all understood there would be consequences of their coming forward, but, they all felt it needed to happen, that we needed to know so we could fix it before 1.0 launches. These were the seeds of our investigation, allowing us to hone in on the perpetrators, to monitor them in in-depth detail, we did Adhoc logging down to packet dumps of everything they did. From there, we figured out the things they were doing, and instead of instantly banning them, we built EoS to monitor them and others on the server. The informants plus the perpetrators became a feedback loop where one would provide feedback to us; allowing us to improve EoS, and the perpetrators would react, allowing us to add more capabilities to our tools. I could write a detective novel on it; the process took six months to arrive at this point, I won't bore you with the blow-by-blow details here. The great news is that we now have the tools to do this in minutes rather than months going forward. There will be official announcements as investigations bear fruit over the coming days.

We need your help cleaning up issues that ruin the game before we launch the 1.0 server. Please contact support if you see something suspicious so we can investigate it. If you have direct evidence (or are using an exploit), please step up and do the right thing, we will treat those who are brave better than those who would abuse and degrade our community. If you don't come forward, someone else might do it for you, and I can promise our reaction will be swift and painful.

I would like to personally thank several people (you know who you are) who came to me directly and shared details that unlocked this for us, and I would encourage others to step forward. I would also like to thank my wife, who put up with me while I smashed my head against my keyboard for the past six months building the foundations of Eye of Sauron. Without her unconditional support of my obsession to keep this game alive, I would have never been able to invest the 100's of hours it has taken to get to this point.

Now let's focus on the future, get moving towards 1.0, and a galaxy where we can innovate and have fun together as a community.

~Lord Kator

lordkator
07-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Reserved for updates and to answer questions.

Mobyus1
07-12-2020, 06:35 PM
Here's hoping changes made early help result in a better experience going forward.

dedaskalion
07-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Wow I was first and got deleted, rude

Nvm I'm autistic. Different thread

zoso
07-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Fantastic to see how this is being dealt with. Speaks highly for the dev team and our 1.0 long-term survival.

Monoxxide
07-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Good work.

false_ideals
07-12-2020, 07:02 PM
EoS seems like an impressive and much needed tool! Thanks for all the effort that went into it.

Valkyra
07-12-2020, 07:05 PM
More indepth/better logging can only be an asset, thank you for your additions!

redro
07-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Great work. Big thanks to all!

I could write a detective novel on it; the process took six months to arrive at this point, I won't bore you with the blow-by-blow details here.

ngl I would be down to read at least a short story :D

Lolindir
07-12-2020, 07:17 PM
ngl I would be down to read at least a short story :DWouldn't we all ;)

Nertzarina
07-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Eye of Sauron, hm? Does that mean The One Ring (or The One Lightsaber, or The One Blaster, etc :D ) has been found? =^.^=

PRONG
07-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Really proud of this LK !
Thank You!

Gravesend60
07-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Excellent !!!

Warribo
07-12-2020, 08:06 PM
I thought the in game email was the Imperial Crackdown patch going in... sad to see you had to waste so much of your time chasing these rotten apples 🙁

Poobacca
07-12-2020, 09:16 PM
If you could do all this I bet you could easily crank out JTL..... :) (post 1.) Any updates there? Has anyone volunteered? Is anyone working on it?

Praxi34
07-12-2020, 09:52 PM
Great work Lord. Your passion and commitment resonating through here as usual. You and the team are doing a stellar job.

"Eye of Sauron is always watching". - A catchy login loading screen would be a nice touch for those dupers.

Asifab19
07-12-2020, 10:52 PM
What a fantastic program to have created. I like many others would love to read a more in depth post about it when you have the available time! Thanks for taking countless hours to create it to ensure the future server is a bright one!

Cherokaa
07-12-2020, 11:50 PM
Good to see this has been implemented. I had noticed a few crafted weapons for sale recently that seemed too good to be true. Lo and behold, one of the people involved was the person who made said weapons. I'm all for getting that extra something that gives me more damage out of a weapon, but not to where it gives me or anyone else an unfair advantage.

Columbus DeMaio
07-13-2020, 03:02 AM
So did that "Lord Sauron" mail go out to everyone on the server, or should I satrt looking through my house/bank/inventories/vendors etc. for something that may go *poof*?

Fastburn
07-13-2020, 03:03 AM
So did that "Lord Sauron" mail go out to everyone on the server, or should I satrt looking through my house/bank/inventories/vendors etc. for something that may go *poof*?

It went out to everyone, as only ~8% of the playerbase checks the forums.

Profit
07-13-2020, 07:13 AM
I just knew there was someone peeking at me while I was in the shower, and it wasn't the cat.....

Big-N-Buff
07-13-2020, 12:14 PM
Lordkator you're a freaking legend. This is awesome news. I'm definitely thankful exploitation like this is going to be heavily minimized as we move into 1.0 because the last thing we need post-1.0 is the server turning into Basi right off the bat due to idiots who can't just play the game the way it's meant.

jmx
07-13-2020, 07:17 PM
excellent work.
this neferious activity helped create bas into a complete cesspool

Pitchcontrol
07-13-2020, 08:58 PM
When duped items go poof. I think the best way to alert all players is the use of a popup window and a ingame mail.

xirad
07-14-2020, 01:32 AM
Awesome work LK and thank you as always, to your continued dedication to this game! So sad that this kind of b.s. has been happening but your EoS tool sounds cool as ****!

cmurphy50
07-14-2020, 01:38 AM
This is great. Kill all the cliques and groups that are exploiting SWG.

Livy2K
07-14-2020, 07:12 AM
This is great. Kill all the cliques and groups that are exploiting SWG.

Yeah because having friends on the internet is a bad thing.

Big-N-Buff
07-14-2020, 09:14 AM
Yeah because having friends on the internet is a bad thing.

In what way does what you just said relate in any way to what the guy you quoted said?

shivashandra
07-14-2020, 01:47 PM
Contacted support with informations i just found.

buellronin
07-14-2020, 02:57 PM
This is probably going to affect the trade forums I'm guessing.

Hussarian
07-14-2020, 11:15 PM

I thought someone was RP'ing...LOL

Glad I came to take a look.

fivo
07-17-2020, 04:34 AM
Well done, LordKator!

brother2battles
07-19-2020, 06:41 AM
Getting rid of cheaters is always a good thing. Thank you.

Pitchcontrol
07-19-2020, 10:08 AM
Getting rid of cheaters is always a good thing. Thank you. That's the problem, they can ban an account, but players can return on other accounts.

divlas
07-19-2020, 10:14 AM
We can predict the immediate consequences of this exploit on the market fortunately.
People will be refusing to spend large amount of credit to buy expansive items. etc etc

divlas
07-19-2020, 10:17 AM
With the anti-VPN policies,
I'm not so sure. Banned players are double banned. Banned from the game and banned from recreating an account, and they can always try making a new one using a VPN.
They will just aggravate their cases. Or am I missing something?

Pitchcontrol
07-19-2020, 10:47 AM
With the anti-VPN policies,
I'm not so sure. Banned players are double banned. Banned from the game and banned from recreating an account, and they can always try making a new one using a VPN.
They will just aggravate their cases. Or am I missing something? Yes Account is banned, and Ip is flagged as banned player or also banned. But they can create a new account and get a new IP.

divlas
07-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Yes Account is banned, and Ip is flagged as banned player or also banned. But they can create a new account and get a new IP.How do they get a new IP without a VPN or moving home?
They ask their internet provider for a new IP? Is it possible?

Pitchcontrol
07-19-2020, 12:42 PM
How do they get a new IP without a VPN or moving home?
They ask their internet provider for a new IP? Is it possible?

My provider only gives static IP option to its business internet accounts. So my IP is dynamic... I just have to turn of my modem off for a couple of hours to get a new IP from my provider. I can also call my provider to get a new IP in case of any problems.

lordkator
07-19-2020, 05:01 PM
That's the problem, they can ban an account, but players can return on other accounts.

Our detection tools get better day by day and we have more data with EoS than we have ever had in the past.

If someone does come back and they magically start picking up items we've tagged... insta ban.. etc.

I won't go into details but it's not as easy as everyone thinks, and I would suggest you not test it and get yourself banned.

Also, some of them were named to help the community self-police, if these people come back, report them!

See something, say something.

Pitchcontrol
07-19-2020, 06:12 PM
Our detection tools get better day by day and we have more data with EoS than we have ever had in the past.

If someone does come back and they magically start picking up items we've tagged... insta ban.. etc.

I won't go into details but it's not as easy as everyone thinks, and I would suggest you not test it and get yourself banned.

Also, some of them were named to help the community self-police, if these people come back, report them!

See something, say something.

In 1.0 you guys should ask for real life ID or something before a game account becomes activated. It would be much harder that way for banned players to return that way. If you got the real life name of a player and the country/state/city where they live from that ID and the rest of info blacked out. It should be enough to identify and make security harder.

lordkator
07-19-2020, 07:27 PM
In 1.0 you guys should ask for real life ID or something before a game account becomes activated. It would be much harder that way for banned players to return that way. If you got the real life name of a player and the country/state/city where they live from that ID and the rest of info blacked out. It should be enough to identify and make security harder.

LOL DNA is the only way and even that's wrong more often than you want.

We're not a government agency, no way to validate fake credentials and it just makes it hard on the good people who just want to play.

Legacy7070
07-19-2020, 07:43 PM
I am continually blown away by ya'lls dedication to this project. Doing it out of love, and not losing steam when other dysfunctional humans take advantage of your hard work.

You all rock, and I'm sad things like this are necessary, but also encouraged by the volunteer work put in to keep things afloat :-)

Senolin
07-19-2020, 08:00 PM

We're not a government agency, no way to validate fake credentials and it just makes it hard on the good people who just want to play.

lmfao yeah, ID requirements is a bit much.

I agree 100% with what was done and said, the idea of community policing is a great one IMO, i mean these guys if banned thru 1.0 would have to change discord names and handles, change char names, pretty much make a whole new online alias.
I personally don't think they should be allowed back. If they were duping items on a "ded game test server" imagine what they'd be up to on a permanent 1.0 server.

Exploiters / cheaters will almost always be that, its in their system. (Some ppl can change but not usually, especially when their actions have 0 repercussions in their own personal life).

Pitchcontrol
07-20-2020, 12:37 AM

Some tech companies ask to show ID for your account... Facebook does it when they think your using a fake account these days...

Big-N-Buff
07-20-2020, 04:31 AM
Some tech companies ask to show ID for your account... Facebook does it when they think your using a fake account these days...

Requiring people to submit their real life ID for a video game (let alone a volunteer-run emulator of a video game that's been dead for 9.5 years) would most certainly drive off more people than it would help in any capacity. I wouldn't even do that for a AAA game company.

nickdeakin
07-20-2020, 06:44 AM
Could txt a code to their phone and get them to input that. That usually stops people from creating new accounts when banned, and multi accounts.

lordkator
07-20-2020, 08:52 AM
Could txt a code to their phone and get them to input that. That usually stops people from creating new accounts when banned, and multi accounts.

Very easy to spoof 100’s of phone numbers for sms using services on the internet,

I don’t mean to crush everyone’s dreams but it’s a very difficult problem and not as easy to solve as it seems.

bigevil
07-20-2020, 10:16 AM
This is all very exciting. :) LK and the the team of smart people never cease to amaze! Super steps moving forward to clean the experience for everyone. :)

Pitchcontrol
07-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Is there any news when the dupe purge comes? And what Items will be deleted?

Items that are duped will be deleted. And I presume that items created with duped enhancers (like duped krayt tissues, duped jabba scobes, duped nightsister layers, ...) will also be deleted

But there is a big chance that also a bunch of duped resources are ingame now because of the duped resource deeds. The big question is, will items made with a duped resources be deleted from game? For example you farmed your own krayt tissues. Spend hours farming. Had to craft several T21 legit to get finally that good slice. But you bought some metal from a vendor to craft those and the resource is duped. Will those items get deleted?

Because right now people are still crafting items and they might make them with a duped resource without knowing.

This is all very exciting. :) LK and the the team of smart people never cease to amaze! Super steps moving forward to clean the experience for everyone. :) Yeah it is. :)

Senolin
07-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Is there any news when the dupe purge comes? And what Items will be deleted?

Items that are duped will be deleted. And I presume that items created with duped enhancers (like duped krayt tissues, duped jabba scobes, duped nightsister layers, ...) will also be deleted

But there is a big chance that also a bunch of duped resources are ingame now because of the duped resource deeds. The big question is, will items made with a duped resources be deleted from game? For example you farmed your own krayt tissues. Spend hours farming. Had to craft several T21 legit to get finally that good slice. But you bought some metal from a vendor to craft those and the resource is duped. Will those items get deleted?

Because right now people are still crafting items and they might make them with a duped resource without knowing.

This was already answered in the other thread

Senolin
07-20-2020, 02:09 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Senolin View Post
Will items made with duped resources be deleted from game? Including their contents?

I ask because what if someone made a large run of houses / backpacks for vendor sale with duped resources, obviously not knowing they're duped and these items are deleted along with their contents?

Obviously this is a big WHAT IF, yes i know. why would anyone use a resource worthy of being duped on houses, but you'd be surprised what i find people use SB resources for so it could very well have happened.

Just saying this could turn 60k items into 600k items because houses/backpacks poof. So just asking for clarification because i've seen people talk about anything made with duped resources will poof but i so no verification from staff on this.

I am not arguing that removing duped items is nessecary or that items made with duped components be removed, But duped resources? thats awful broad and could hit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many things. especially if it hits someones backpacks or houses
A few things had to happen first. We had to get the main guys banned first of all, then we made the announcement, because we felt the community needed to know what was going on. That is where we are now. Moving forward, we are still investigating. Some still reach out to us, others we find our self.

Response from lolli

As to how we will handle the duped items. We are working on that part. We really do not want to harm our community with doing too much. We really feel that this is a delicate issue, that already is a disaster and we don't wish to make it worse, by going about it the wrong way. When we do have a course of action, code has to be made, so we are still a little off from when the community will actually see the result. We will inform the community when we are ready to move forward, as we wish to be as transparent as possible about this.

buellronin
07-20-2020, 02:14 PM
Delete everything that had a duped component in it. It's the only fair way.

Let's say you were an athlete and someone gave you steroids without you knowing it and you won your tour de France multiple times in a row and then tested positive for steroids. You win is not legitimate and would be stripped as it takes away from those who did not use steroids. Knowing or not knowing is not a factor in the win being taken so.
Same rule should apply here

People need to stop wanting to benefit from something and want another to be banned ..the fair thing is the mass deletion of duped items.

Also...let's say a duped item was used to make a buffset....and another duped item was made to make the SB power hammer....
You really think it's fair to waste the devs time to delete a hammer but not a buffset because it's a low prices item?
Delete it all

Integrity matters

Pitchcontrol
07-20-2020, 02:29 PM
The problem is there are duped resources out there. I don't want to sell a weapon to someone that might get deleted.

buellronin
07-20-2020, 02:40 PM
The problem is there are duped resources out there. I don't want to sell a weapon to someone that might get deleted.

We are either going to have to agree:::

Either or.....

All integrity matters or only some integrity matters.

Pitchcontrol
07-20-2020, 03:04 PM
We are either going to have to agree:::

Either or.....

All integrity matters or only some integrity matters.

If you either agree or disagree. Its not up to us to decide what is going to happen. We are not the admins...

Livy2K
07-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Very easy to spoof 100’s of phone numbers for sms using services on the internet,

I don’t mean to crush everyone’s dreams but it’s a very difficult problem and not as easy to solve as it seems.

https://i.imgflip.com/3vr9n0.jpg

divlas
07-20-2020, 06:50 PM
By the way, if you want to make a Police Force to better enforce the rule, Code of Conducts, it should not be just a secret police.
We should also a visible enforcement capacity. Without using NPC like Vader or the Emperor, just normal players.

However we need to learn to trust each other again, and trust ourselves first.

I remember a sentence from the Star Wars novelization: Revenge of the Sith. Mace Windu was speaking of the dark side, reminding that it was the "legacy of the jungle" . Well it applies here too.

Today I've seen a lot of guild leaders, officers, truly hurted. While actually they have always worked to give our community, and Basilik, a spirit. A soul. And thank to them we can endure during this troubled time. As long as we keep helping each other, within the frame of the rules of engagement, and focus our help in game to community players, we will be just fine.

SWG was never meant to be a competitive game... At least not the version we are trying to save. (it was unbalanced as hell! Thats why the devs desperatly needed a Combat Revamp. ) So even if some have put effort towards improving their combat skills (without knowing of the unfairness), what matters is that the SWG Cantina's spirit remains untouched. However I want to sympathize with all our crafters. I should have seen something because even if I follow this project from the start, I always felt I couldn't compete with the "best crafters", so I gave up this part of the game...

Tyrenio
07-20-2020, 06:59 PM
By the way, if you want to make a Police Force to better enforce the rule, Code of Conducts, it should not be just a secret police.
We should also a visible enforcement capacity. Without using NPC like Vader or the Emperor, just normal players.

However we need to learn to trust each other again, and trust ourselves first.

I remember a sentence from the Star Wars novelization: Revenge of the Sith. Mace Windu was speaking of the dark side, reminding that it was the "legacy of the jungle" . Well it applies here too.

Today I've seen a lot of guild leaders, officers, truly hurted. While actually they have always worked to give our community, and Basilik, a spirit. A soul. And we can endure. As long as we keep helping each other, within the frame of the rules of engagement, and focus our help in game to community players.huh? What is this supposed to do? It's already been boiled down many times regarding how the community can help: if you have evidence/information of someone cheating, you should come forward to staff.

divlas
07-20-2020, 07:03 PM
Its not supposed to do anything, apart trying to bring back trust in communities. ( understand by communities: the Server Genchat, the German or French gen chats, the guilds (Aldur, FLO, and so many others), the Cantina in Moi Eisley, the Cantinas everywhere)

For evidences, I'm sorry I have none. I just see how recruiters, and community players feel sad since this announcement. Because why would new comers want to join now? I keep hearing "Why bother to play when the only reason I want to play is to help others?" . We need to patch up that wound fast, even we don't actually know how the hell it got there,

And concerning evidence, the only ones I see is how low the moral is when I login, then read the different Chans while I wander from a cantina to another.. And I don't want to put that on a screen. This is not what our game has been for the past decade! We need to learn, grow over this disaster, don't forget it, but find a way for trust to come back. On all levels.

Big-N-Buff
07-20-2020, 07:11 PM
SWG was never meant to be a competitive game... At least not the version we are trying to save. (it was unbalanced as hell! Thats why the devs desperatly needed a Combat Revamp. ) So even if some have put effort towards improving their combat skills (without knowing of the unfairness), what matters is that the SWG Cantina's spirit remains untouched. However I want to sympathize with all our crafters. I should have seen something because even if I follow this project from the start, I always felt I couldn't compete with the "best crafters", so I gave up this part of the game...

SWG was meant to be whatever the player wanted it to be. That was the whole appeal. For some, it's a casual "cantina life" game, as you alluded to, which is basically a glorified chat room. For others, it's a farming game, a crafting game, a competitive farming or crafting game (competing against other businesses, which you said you gave up on), a casual combat game, or a competitive combat game (PvP or competing for camping spots or best loot in PvE). So, while it may not be a competitive game for you, it's a competitive game in many different ways for hundreds of other players.

divlas
07-20-2020, 07:35 PM
It used to be a competitive game to me. But I gave up on that years ago. (3-4?) Although I was among the first to get my Jedi after the patch.
I prepared for 1 year to be Village Ready. Before I loved to play a Pikeman, with dots. But I never allowed myself to use dots with my Jedi.
During $ø€ Live, I adored PvP. But after being done with all of that, I started to grind SW and DE.
Then the JtL Announcement led me to reconsider.

However I only meant this in my previous message:
There is one part of the game that doesnt need to be affected by this crisis. And it is. Because as you pointed it out very well, (and I might have forgot that with the years, thank you for the reminder): every parts of our game are in fact interconnected.

Beowuhlf
07-21-2020, 05:34 PM
Hi,

i´m from Germany and a Player from the first Hour ... after a short time from NGE i stop to play SWg. Now i return to SWG EMU. I dont really understand what the problem is here, my english is not so good. Only i understand, there a lot of stupid players ... i hope you work still on the game, is the best game ever .... please tell me if i can help ... i love all your work !!! Thx a lot for this :-)

Fissile
07-25-2020, 12:50 PM
Hi,

i´m from Germany and a Player from the first Hour ... after a short time from NGE i stop to play SWg. Now i return to SWG EMU. I dont really understand what the problem is here, my english is not so good. Only i understand, there a lot of stupid players ... i hope you work still on the game, is the best game ever .... please tell me if i can help ... i love all your work !!! Thx a lot for this :-)

people tried playing smuggler class in real life and got banned for it.

Pitchcontrol
07-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Someone developed a hack tool or something to duplicate Items. That person probably sold that tool to a bunch of people. Those people started duplicating items, made a lot of credits and they started selling Items and credits on websites for real money profit. Developers noticed or got warned about it. So they developed a tool called the Eye of Sauron so it would notice shady activities.

Fissile
07-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Someone developed a hack tool or something to duplicate Items. That person probably sold that tool to a bunch of people. Those people started duplicating items, made a lot of credits and they started selling Items and credits on websites for real money profit. Developers noticed or got warned about it. So they developed a tool called the Eye of Sauron so it would notice shady activities.

and they wouldf have gottena way with it if it wasnt for those pesky kids [arloch]

Questor Zarnac
07-27-2020, 07:57 PM
and they wouldf have gottena way with it if it wasnt for those pesky kids [arloch]

The danger of having Flo around you.

chasey lain
07-28-2020, 03:16 PM

He should be credited* for being the REAL MVP of Bas. :D

dedaskalion
07-28-2020, 03:50 PM
He should be credited* for being the REAL MVP of Bas. :Dhe was banned too though.

Fissile
07-28-2020, 03:55 PM
he was banned too though.

his sentence is a lot less, allegededededly

jmx
07-29-2020, 08:36 AM
he gunna b mad if he perma banned after spending 2500 big ones real life USD american dollars on that gun

Lolindir
07-29-2020, 11:21 AM
Yeah, lets stop that

Fissile
07-30-2020, 04:17 PM
Yeah, lets stop that

you mean you havent stopped it yet? soe emulation to the max :>

Lolindir
07-30-2020, 05:51 PM
I said lets stop it

Woha
08-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Thx @ all that helped and created this tool!

I would suggest if someone of the listed players was a Smuggler, give him a Unique Pistol before ban. Just to honor the Smuggler livestyle. (Cmn just kidding)

Delete everything that had a duped component in it. It's the only fair way.

Let's say you were an athlete and someone gave you steroids without you knowing it and you won your tour de France multiple times in a row and then tested positive for steroids. You win is not legitimate and would be stripped as it takes away from those who did not use steroids. Knowing or not knowing is not a factor in the win being taken so.
Same rule should apply here

People need to stop wanting to benefit from something and want another to be banned ..the fair thing is the mass deletion of duped items.

Also...let's say a duped item was used to make a buffset....and another duped item was made to make the SB power hammer....
You really think it's fair to waste the devs time to delete a hammer but not a buffset because it's a low prices item?
Delete it all

Integrity matters

I would vote for you but tbh this cost time and power. I hope the team keep 1.0 in focus and use this nice new stuff to create a new and beter Galaxies.

divlas
08-03-2020, 03:36 PM
This was a cancer and a virus.
The most affected players are the community leaders spending time to make this universe work, followed by the crafters, followed by the "regular player" who doesn't get what he did wrong, and last but not least: the perpetrators. They know what they did wrong, and they have probably moved away (I. hope) We are left in ignorance.
In Flourish I can see how this is harming us: our community leaders (macro experts) feel betray, our crafters are no longer playing: they spend their time trying to see how impacted their toons are, then whether their city or their malls is in the red...

I read one of our member writing he is not going to play until 1.0, because his 100millions hammer got flagged. Worst I was there the whole time when he was spending his time running janta mission to get the money. He joined FLO something like 1 year and a couple month ago. He spent every months between the end of last year and last month grinding money.
On the other hands our merchants are feeling bad for the people who bought something from their vendors (because they don't know how widespread the disease is, and what the disease is, they are all assuming that they unknowingly screwed someone by accidentally selling him a dupe item), I mean for them the vendor bug was bad enough. ......
our crafters are spending their time checking their factories, asking their contacts...

My opinion:
its not a good idea to tell people to expect anything in "14 days" everything will be removed. Because some of us understand that: for the next 14 days, there is nothing else to do but checking your ten toons, their inventories, what mail they received...
and if the community carries on minding about this after the deadline, then we are going down the same way than we did with the CU, the NGE. Meaning...
"The community dies first."
Then after the NGE, I heard that certain people carried on playing this game, for 8 years or something before SWTOR got released. However concerning me, leader in my community, I was also participating in the management of two cities, but the patch killed me. What happened then, I don't know. The community I cared died first.

We must put our energy in understanding a few things:
i) We all have different knowledge of what's going on, and because SWG is a social game,
ii) We all feel that we were lucky/ unlucky to meet certain players, although we don't know exactly how tainted they were. Nor do we know if we are in the clear when we want to compare ourselves to the most honest player we met.
iii) We are all starting to wait for a judgment that may never come.

SWG is a community game, and we should not do anything that can hurt the community in the first place. I understand that the dev got screwed by some community leaders they trusted... Well I hope that the devs (the gatekeeper) can get as much information as they can, but then we really need to move on.
But due to the nature of SWG, I don't even think that the "Eye of Sauron" principle can work... SWG is a community game and we cannot make a tool to tell us "who to trust" without killing the community life. Maybe we can trust one devs to have such a tool, but we can't know how long dishonest players will take to get around it.

Well I do hope this end well, but we must allow this to end well. Basilik is a community and this is about trust, building trust, managing trust, rebuilding trust while we keep playing Galaxies.

Pyjri
08-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Good stuff! Are we close to developing a SWGEmu cryptocurrency now? :D

g7rpg
08-09-2020, 03:37 PM
once items are deleted does that means its safe to buy replacements? Or is there a chance that there will be more discovered?

Lolindir
08-09-2020, 07:38 PM
The bulk of it have been found. We are still investigating though.

Senolin
08-15-2020, 01:28 PM
any update on removing banned jedi from the FRS? i believe theres atleast 6 seats above rank 6 taken by banned. maybe a cpl less