PDA

View Full Version : SWGEmu, The Next Decade...

lordkator
02-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Today we are excited to announce that SWGEmu is transitioning to a new phase of the project. After more than 15 years of investment by the original founders, we are now moving from the Development phase of the project to Beta as we march towards the much anticipated official post-1.0 server launch.

As many may have noticed TheAnswer has publicly declared he’s taking a back seat on the project, and Oru has already been doing this quite some time. Vlada in his year-end update also bowed out with a long-winded, tear-jerking declaration (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228680) of his love and devotion for the project.

TheAnswer and Oru are officially becoming blue glowy, they will forever be welcome in the project but the demands of their real lives will make it harder over time to dedicate the time needed to keep the project moving forward. They’ll be here to provide wisdom, support and make fun of us when we do stupid stuff and cheer when we get it right.

Scurby, Farelli, and Lordkator have formed a new legal entity (In Delaware, USA) and are in the process of moving all contracts from the old legal entity to this new one. This means soon we will move the PayPal donations to the new account and will need your help getting the word out to subscribers on the old account that we need them to move their subscriptions. We expect this to happen in the next 30 days. Please keep an eye peeled as we transition we will need everyone to help keep the donations flowing to so the org will remain financially stable. This new legal structure will make it easier for the org to operate in the USA and avoid unnecessary taxes caused by the original legal entity being formed in Hungary.

Going forward Scurby, Farelli and Lordkator will be the council of three and will endeavor to move the project forward as we transition from development to beta onward to a post-1.0 world. We will all keep our same current roles and be officers of the organization going forward. We will continue to operate with the same separation of powers we have to date, including CSR’s having control over bans/unbans, devs controlling what code finally makes it to the official codebase. Scurby will maintain the “Eye of Sauron'' role and we will continue to work towards more transparency inside staff and with the community. In April we will produce our first Quarterly financial update and will work to keep the updates coming no later than the last day of the month following a quarter-end (i.e. Jan 31, April 30, July 31, Oct 31) and include as much detail as we can without compromising project security or community member’s privacy.

Moving forward as we shift into the Beta phase of the project we will start leveraging Basilisk as the test server for changes that require large scale testing. A recent example of that is the multi-accounting detection tools and will include other changes over time where Basilisk’s unique scale of 5,000+ monthly active users will help us test at scale. You can expect to see us test things like end-game content, camping issues, leveling, user surveys, email expiration, house cleanups, economy monitoring, and auditing. We, however, will not be introducing new content other than maybe some fun mysterious things related to the end of Basilisk’s long run and teasing the coming of the new post 1.0 server. In most aspects, Basilisk will remain with the pre-CU behavior until we shut it down for the new official post 1.0 server.

We have a lot of exciting ideas on how to engage the community including in-game senate meetings to discuss game mechanics and up-coming ideas, an official process for community members to propose changes to the game. We will also create processes to embrace more community content contributions including ideas around allowing for new stories, quests and other content from new code to assets that enhance the game for everyone.

Stay tuned, over the coming weeks we will start to release more details about this phase of the project, and we will share our thoughts about what’s next, and how we plan to engage the community both as players and contributors.

Mobyus1
02-01-2020, 05:15 PM
Exciting! Keep up the good work, and don't hesitate to reach out for anything you'd think I can help with.

Omens
02-01-2020, 05:32 PM
end of the tunnel approaching....

Loc-nar
02-01-2020, 05:48 PM
First!!

/s

rlmartindale4
02-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Whoohoo! Congrats on the milestone. Thanks for your on going efforts!

Surrena
02-01-2020, 06:31 PM
Hype!!!!!

Ellyssia
02-01-2020, 06:32 PM
:approve: :cheerleader:

Way to go!! Ever onward!

Asifab19
02-01-2020, 07:39 PM
Great work has been done on this project over it's vast lifetime. It's a shame to see such dedicated devs are TA and Oru taking a step back after finally being so close to the end goal. Thanks to every staff member who has brought us this far. Can't wait to see what the 1.0 server brings us.

chily
02-01-2020, 08:29 PM
Great work, Thanks all involved!

Jaws
02-01-2020, 09:52 PM
Very exciting guys!!! Can't wait to see what happens at 1.0 and forward as we drift from 14.1

hotsplice
02-01-2020, 10:14 PM
Fantastic news and great work from the devs!

Arox
02-01-2020, 10:23 PM
You can expect to see us test things like end-game content, camping issues, leveling, user surveys, email expiration, house cleanups, economy monitoring, and auditing.Really excited to see what these bring.

TheMostInterestingMan
02-02-2020, 07:25 AM
Wow. Encouraging news. Looking forward to moving forward on a permanent server environment in the near future!

Fissile
02-02-2020, 07:38 AM
my name is fissile and i approve of this message

dromag67
02-02-2020, 08:44 AM
thank you so much for what all of you have done for the project! From the things I’ve heard on Lordkator and Scurbys
livestream this project is in good hands.

Impending777Doom
02-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Hi it's -Tom

Sqwd
02-02-2020, 10:51 AM
As some who is pretty much brand new to the game this excites me! Roll on patch 1.0.

xirad
02-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Thank you LK for that exciting update! And thanks to everyone who has helped keep the SWG dream alive!

Tomahawk
02-02-2020, 05:31 PM
thumbs up / big hug

Thrax989
02-02-2020, 05:58 PM
Congratulations on all the hard work and milestones achieved this is really good news, l Had one question about a very hard working developer who's name is never talked about anymore, seems a bit unfair to, his name has not been brought up for over the past year or 2, Where is the infamous Ivojedi at, last I heard he was in a bad car accident, he contributed quite a bit to this project and even worked his way up from a player to a Lead Core Developer. Any insight on if he will be making a return in the future ?

Scurby
02-02-2020, 06:56 PM
if u heard anything about Ivojedi it is merely a rumor.
Ivo is still around. He hasn't been active in development but that's fine. He still communicates with staff. I don't ask for his time, it's his to give.

jpadi69
02-02-2020, 10:10 PM
I have been playing for a few years now, love the game ans what you guys have done. I was an original SWG player when the game first started and I left when they did the CU. I am happy I can come back to the game I loved.

Khai-Han
02-03-2020, 12:40 AM
Thank you guys, your sheer willpower and love for this game have brought it back from the dead, and we're getting closer to the end of this long lasting journey.

Esquire
02-03-2020, 04:59 AM
Congrats, SWGEMU

Fedora
02-03-2020, 05:17 AM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1LgB3PLIC01AA" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-oh-my-god-jontron-1LgB3PLIC01AA">via GIPHY</a></p>

excalibur77
02-03-2020, 06:49 AM
love the news, cant wait for the excitement to come. Keep up the great work.

Doug
02-03-2020, 08:08 AM
I cannot wait for 1.0 to be released and we can all start the adventure from zero. It will be almost like going back to the start when SWG was first released. I take my hat off to all those who have helped it to this stage. This will mean me having to donate on a regular basis I guess - it will be worth it though

Alken_Ruushan
02-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Nice! I haven't been able to play much recently but I'm excited all the same! Though on the note of shifting towards Beta and not adding newer content, what is the news concerning JTL? (If it was cancelled or mentioned before, I might have missed it)

Fearvich
02-03-2020, 03:26 PM
They moved the goal post for JTL to after Suncrusher release, since it is a different type of game (Tick based 3d environment vs whatever ground game is considered). Probably hoping renewed interest will push it forward. I'm confused about the game being on pub 10, with the goal being 14.1, but saying the game is entering beta. My understanding of development lingo may be harming myself.

Mobyus1
02-03-2020, 05:27 PM
I'm confused about the game being on pub 10, with the goal being 14.1, but saying the game is entering beta. My understanding of development lingo may be harming myself.

There are 3 numbers that are tossed around quite frequently. 14.1, 1.0, and Pub#.

14.1 is the version of LIVE SWG the SWGEmu project is emulating.

1.0 is the completion of the SWGEmu project, where the ground game is finished and the new play server is opened up.

Pub# is just whatever Publish the SWGEmu project is currently on. There is no set number of Publishes before we reach 1.0.

Up until this announcement, SWGEmu's v1.0 was meant to be an accurate emulation of Live SWG v14.1... so the two could have been considered the same. However, now that we're moving into beta, it appears that our 1.0 will now feature some non-14.1 changes, which is exciting.

Hope this helps.

decastro
02-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Never give up. Never surrender.

Scurby
02-03-2020, 11:38 PM
Never give up. Never surrender.

cheers
1luv

algebuckina
02-04-2020, 12:09 AM
This is great news. I shall await my promotion to lead creative director of swgemu.

lordkator
02-04-2020, 04:21 AM
This is great news. I shall await my promotion to lead creative director of swgemu.

Sorry you can’t have my job!

algebuckina
02-04-2020, 11:56 AM
Sorry you can’t have my job!
Farelli confirmed it! I have proof!
https://i.imgur.com/TQm6EXH.png

Farelli
02-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Farelli confirmed it! I have proof!
https://i.imgur.com/TQm6EXH.png

I think you missed the joke. You didn't watch the entire Scurby interview. :)

khazad
02-04-2020, 12:32 PM
Congratulations to all the staff and promoters getting to this point. Eager for the future and liking some of the changes hinted at by the Scurbs in the Mobyus1 interview.

Adaso
02-04-2020, 12:52 PM

You can still apply for the Community Content Influencer position

vayman
02-04-2020, 06:59 PM
I have since moved on to "newer experiences", but I still keep tabs on the project. Congratulations on this milestone. I wish nothing but the absolute best for all involved; present, past and future.

/salute

luisscherer
02-05-2020, 04:41 AM
Awesome news, can't wait!

jasonajaqua
02-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Thanks you for all the time that everyone gives to keep the dream alive! Keep up the communication it is great! Yes bring back the mystery.

Misk Brebran
02-06-2020, 02:03 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeee!

algebuckina
02-06-2020, 11:46 AM
I think you missed the joke. You didn't watch the entire Scurby interview. :)
I did, and I choose to ignore the joke. I WILL be creative lead.

You can still apply for the Community Content Influencer position
ooooo, in game AND forum influencer. I like it!

Misk Brebran
02-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Scurby, Farelli, and Lordkator have formed a new legal entity (In Delaware, USA) and are in the process of moving all contracts from the old legal entity to this new one. This means soon we will move the PayPal donations to the new account and will need your help getting the word out to subscribers on the old account that we need them to move their subscriptions. We expect this to happen in the next 30 days. Please keep an eye peeled as we transition we will need everyone to help keep the donations flowing to so the org will remain financially stable. This new legal structure will make it easier for the org to operate in the USA and avoid unnecessary taxes caused by the original legal entity being formed in Hungary.

Hmmmm....does this mean we can write off our donations to the non-profit???

Never hurts to ask ;)

lordkator
02-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm....does this mean we can write off our donations to the non-profit???

Never hurts to ask ;)

Sadly not yet, we tried but the IRS denied our first attempt at NPO status, we will try again but we have to re-think our strategy and potentially engage a lawyer that specializes in Open Source NPO's.

Misk Brebran
02-06-2020, 03:08 PM
Sadly not yet, we tried but the IRS denied our first attempt at NPO status, we will try again but we have to re-think our strategy and potentially engage a lawyer that specializes in Open Source NPO's.

Copy all, thx for the response ;)

ethaz
02-08-2020, 02:02 AM
oh ok

elpete
02-08-2020, 04:40 AM
Exciting news. Congrats.

Lolindir
02-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Exciting news. Congrats.Look who we have here. How are you?

bigevil
02-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Beautiful people still doing beautiful things. :) Big props to all the hard work from all the Devs, QAs, Mods, CSRs, Admins and others who have devoted so much time to our happiness. :)

We appreciate you folks always! :)

sumion
02-08-2020, 11:32 PM
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to 1.0!

stonehocker
02-09-2020, 03:59 AM
Definitely a long time in the making, amazing work and astounding dedication by those involved! I definitely appreciate it.

patchface
02-09-2020, 08:28 PM
this **** is taking forever

ethaz
02-09-2020, 08:34 PM
cya in a decade

lordkator
02-09-2020, 08:49 PM
this **** is taking forever

Learn to code.
Take all your spare time with your family and kids and throw it away and dedicate it to the project.
Write code and have people complain for years.

Then you can complain.

Until then, please be patient.

ethaz
02-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Learn to code.
Take all your spare time with your family and kids and throw it away and dedicate it to the project.
Write code and have people complain for years.

Then you can complain.

Until then, please be patient.
wow, if its such a huge burden why go through all the trouble?🤔

jakey112
02-09-2020, 09:41 PM
So so so excited! Good work DEV TEAM! <3

lordkator
02-09-2020, 11:49 PM
wow, if its such a huge burden why go through all the trouble?樂

Some of us are deeply passionate about this game... My SWG Story and why I donated today... (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216279)

The hard part isn't the work, it's the people who blame us for not getting everything done in a week and think we're not moving fast enough.

Meanwhile doing literally nothing to move the project forward.

That is the hardest part honestly...

ethaz
02-10-2020, 04:22 AM
Some of us are deeply passionate about this game... My SWG Story and why I donated today... (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216279)

The hard part isn't the work, it's the people who blame us for not getting everything done in a week and think we're not moving fast enough.

Meanwhile doing literally nothing to move the project forward.

That is the hardest part honestly...
so others who donate, stress test the servers, playtest the game and submit bug reports are doing "literally nothing" for the project and shouldnt be allowed to voice their concern? tell us more!

I think everyone's contribution should be celebrated no matter how small, and you should be a little less dismissive of other community members who, even though they dont code, still contribute in other ways :)

Tyrenio
02-10-2020, 05:16 AM
so others who donate, stress test the servers, playtest the game and submit bug reports are doing "literally nothing" for the project and shouldnt be allowed to voice their concern? tell us more!

I think everyone's contribution should be celebrated no matter how small, and you should be a little less dismissive of other community members who, even though they dont code, still contribute in other ways :)do you do any of those things? I don't see any gold bars, strike one...

Generally, those that do those things understand the scale of the project and how challenging it is... And don't make entitled-*** comments like the above

Lolindir
02-10-2020, 06:58 AM
Now now, lets calm down.

We all know that if we measure the ones contributing past stress testing it's a very low % compared to our player base. We know who contribute and we are eternally great full towards the ones who do. We are happy to have everyone else here too. Without everyone, we would not be a community.

ethaz
02-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Now now, lets calm down.

We all know that if we measure the ones contributing past stress testing it's a very low % compared to our player base. We know who contribute and we are eternally great full towards the ones who do. We are happy to have everyone else here too. Without everyone, we would not be a community.
i accept your gratitude :^)

Leylyah
02-10-2020, 12:25 PM
As a player on day 1 of Star Wars Galaxies in 2003, I'd say because of the great love they have for this game, the passion and commitment it. I'm still coming here, even if I don't play much. I love this game, have since I took my son to see the Original movie in 1977 and we both fell in love and waited with bated breath for the game to arrive. We weren't disappointed.

Fedora
02-11-2020, 06:16 PM
Man, the entitlement I've seen on these forums in the last few months is staggering.

Forget server wipes - it sounds like we need to wipe the community here and start over

Droptine1927
02-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Fantastic news. Just know that for every ungrateful troll that posts here, there are many many more of us who appreciate the passion and dedication it takes to pull something like this off. Keep up the amazing work! Excited for 1.0.

fahcup-
02-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Keep up the good work, you're scratching a nearly 20 year old itch for a LOT of people. We appreciate you all.

Praxi34
02-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Great work and well said LordKator

Special thumbs up to Oru and TheAnswer. Steering us through difficult and often turbulent times during the start and middle of the project. Without your dedication and passion we certainly wouldn’t be here today! I can’t wait to see the post 1.0 world. I’ve seen staff come and go since 2006 but I think oru, theanswer and LordKator are certainly the stewards of the project and it feels just as safe if not more with LordKator at the proverbial helm.

The community, it’s members and the wider Star Wars universe is with you!

Ignore the haters, they always Guna hate

Keep fighting the good fight!

MadOne
02-12-2020, 09:10 PM
As a newbie, this is exciting. Great work, great accomplishments all around!

Adaneitor
02-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Sweet words, awesome now im hyped

divlas
02-15-2020, 08:33 AM
Sorry to interfere, I'm a fiscalist (graduate tax program Boston University)
Are you really sure about this move to Delaware? This is a great state for entities such as yours, however to leave Europe is creating vulnerabilities. Any move is dangerous.
May I ask what is your fiscalist plan exactly? I know we have little defense but...

I know about the deal you made years ago with Lucas, but I think to remember that they specified that as long as the project doesn't change, they won't interfere. Creating an entity, or an organisation is a major change.

May the force protect this projet.
Enmor/Hatchi

bigevil
02-15-2020, 08:45 AM
Are you really sure about this move to Delaware? This is a great state for entities such as yours, however to leave Europe is creating vulnerabilities. Any move is dangerous.
May I ask what is your fiscalist plan exactly? I know we have little defense but...

I know about the deal you made years ago with Lucas, but I think to remember that they specified that as long as the project doesn't change, they won't interfere. Creating an entity, or an organisation is a major change.

Enmor/Hatchi

I'm on the sidelines for most of that type of conversation, and i wasn't at the meeting itself, but I don't remember it being that broad. A few more specific controls but I won't add info for info sake. Many more qualified than myself. :)

hawkes
02-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Wow, congrats all! And thank you so much for bringing back to us a game unlike any other. Once it gets into your head, no other game will quite do. I thought I’d never get to play this grand old game again, thank you for making it possible!

armsdealer
02-15-2020, 03:58 PM
Thanks! Hype!

Oru
02-19-2020, 11:57 AM

Enmor/Hatchi

The deal with LA was made back in 2006, when there were no entity at all. The currently used non-profit company was established in 2011 but it has it's own risks (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218028) due to local rules and regulations.

vertwheal
03-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Thanks everyone who put in the years and years of time to make this happen. I have such nostalgia for this game, i'm glad it will be around because of your efforts.

psychosiszz
03-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Great news, keep up the good work!

Instapeace
03-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Ok, uh, so, when's this happening?

Mobyus1
03-09-2020, 03:50 AM

It's in the post title.

"SWGEmu, The Next Decade..."

Edit for staff: :heart:

lordkator
03-09-2020, 05:14 AM

The legal entity is in the process of transitioning now, please see the post: Please update your subscriptions! (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229359)

The rest till be happening as we are able to meet our milestones, this will require Developer work, QA Teams testing, Community testing etc.

In other words: Soon(TM)

Instapeace
03-10-2020, 11:10 AM
So, somewhere within the next decade. Gotcha. Like others have mentioned, I'm so excited too!!

tippythop
03-13-2020, 03:41 AM
Wow! Never thought I'd see the word Beta!!! I've followed the project since Core1. I've kept an empty slot open in my server rack to one day run a precu swgemu server for some time now.

jasonr
03-13-2020, 04:36 AM
If your like me your running out of decades. Lol.

AleazarBrel
03-15-2020, 09:38 PM
Cool news - silly question do characters on Basilisk get wiped when it gets shut down ?

lordkator
03-15-2020, 10:38 PM
If your like me your running out of decades. Lol.

We're all counting down, some quicker than others! I'm no spring chicken either!

Cool news - silly question do characters on Basilisk get wiped when it gets shut down ?

Yes, the new server will be a clean slate.

We have debated on ideas for people to reserve character names on the new server. But we're not excited about just making that a blanket thing, we've had 425,872 characters created on Basilisk. But only 59,130 are active in the past 90 days. With that in mind, we're debating ideas that would allow active players to have reservations on the new server and maybe even guild name reservations etc.

Again none of this is fully decided but just to give people a preview of ideas we're debating.

jasonr
03-16-2020, 01:59 AM
Can't wait.

Instapeace
03-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Who gives a crap what happens 10 years from now with this game. This entire thread is like, 9 years too early.

Farelli
03-21-2020, 10:55 AM
Who gives a crap what happens 10 years from now with this game. This entire thread is like, 9 years too early.

So certain are you?

Fedora
03-25-2020, 11:43 PM

you've had an epic big stick up your *** lately my man

bigevil
03-26-2020, 11:00 AM
Play nice. :)

Mervent
03-29-2020, 08:54 PM
I'm still waiting for rifleman to use /conceal shot like live. I have been waiting since 2009. Once this actually works I don't care how long Beta and 1.0 take. :)

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229458

oh and using camo.....

Farelli
03-30-2020, 10:40 AM
All AI-related, which is the current focus of devs and QA team. That said, RL concerns are currently rearranging time for some people.

Conceal Shot is ticketed here: https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=2774

lordkator
03-30-2020, 11:14 AM
I'm still waiting for rifleman to use /conceal shot like live. I have been waiting since 2009. Once this actually works I don't care how long Beta and 1.0 take. :)

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229458

oh and using camo.....

Then join the testing effort on Nova (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226327) because the goal of the new AI is to properly respond to things like /conceal and other combat nuances.

It's easy to complain, much harder to do something about it, which path will you take?

Pyjri
04-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Every fiber of my being is a grinning emoji. I will be keeping an eye out for the switchover on PayPal.

Thanks to everyone for their past, present, and future efforts!

lordkator
04-03-2020, 10:28 AM
Every fiber of my being is a grinning emoji. I will be keeping an eye out for the switchover on PayPal.

Thanks to everyone for their past, present, and future efforts!

Paypal already moved: Please update your subscriptions! (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229359)

Pyjri
04-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Paypal already moved: Please update your subscriptions! (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229359)

Got it. Thanks!

As an aside, would the project still have received the payment if it had been sent to the old Paypal (as of March)?

lordkator
04-04-2020, 10:21 AM
Got it. Thanks!

As an aside, would the project still have received the payment if it had been sent to the old Paypal (as of March)?

Yes but going forward that won’t work so we need everyone to move their subscriptions to the new account.

Pyjri
04-05-2020, 07:17 AM
Okay, thank you for the information.

Cryva
04-19-2020, 12:05 PM
When will 1.0 server be launched?

Jaws
04-19-2020, 12:06 PM
When will 1.0 server be launched?

Soon (TM)

No ETA's. Ever.

Cryva
04-19-2020, 05:55 PM
Soon (TM)

No ETA's. Ever.

lol I had a feeling that was the answer.. out of curiosity, after the 1.0 launch - will there be servers with many active users? The game is great and I was always curious if the game would ever be marketed in any way, etc. or if there are laws or something against someone bringing the game back?

Acme
05-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Hi All,
I am new to this forum! I would like to play SGW again if possible. How can I buy the game?

Thanks!

Mobyus1
05-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Hi All,
I am new to this forum! I would like to play SGW again if possible. How can I buy the game?

Thanks!

Legally, the only way to play now is to purchase a copy of the game from someone selling it online. If you keep an eye on eBay, you can sometimes find the game as cheap as $15-$20, but obviously, due to the nature of eBay, prices will fluctuate. Check out this forum page for what copies of the game will work: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

Lolindir
05-01-2020, 06:45 PM
Don't buy any of the expansion. You will never need them and they do not hold the game client.

Ianova
05-15-2020, 06:48 PM
Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but how are toon names being handled, will they all immediately become up for grabs with the wipe? Do people get to hold on to them (if that's even possible) for a short time before they're released?

Praxi34
05-15-2020, 08:21 PM
Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but how are toon names being handled, will they all immediately become up for grabs with the wipe? Do people get to hold on to them (if that's even possible) for a short time before they're released?

TBA i believe

SoUncool
05-15-2020, 10:56 PM
I claim dibs on any/all possible variations of poop and/or butt.

Dragoneye
07-06-2020, 10:42 AM
Its been years since I've looked into the project, at this point i'm not even sure if I want to touch it again until the finished state but I really wish the best of luck to the development team, with the spread of covid-19 I feel like a lot of people, myself included could use something like SWG again.

Praxi34
07-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Its been years since I've looked into the project, at this point i'm not even sure if I want to touch it again until the finished state but I really wish the best of luck to the development team, with the spread of covid-19 I feel like a lot of people, myself included could use something like SWG again.

Hear hear brother!!

Hofandebis
07-23-2020, 05:30 AM
I know this is a bit late to the thread, but I do also want to say my thanks to all those who work on this project and getting it close to 1.0.
I do have a question about it, if this is even the right place to ask...

Will 1.0 still require the use of the original SWG disks like it does now? Or will it be completely separate at that point and they will no longer be needed?

Jaws
07-23-2020, 11:34 AM
Will 1.0 still require the use of the original SWG disks like it does now? Or will it be completely separate at that point and they will no longer be needed?

The serverside code is written to interact with the client installation. That will not change in 1.0. While we may add/remove features to the original game post 1.0, the underlying game is still installed from the client and is the IP of (now) ******/EA

TL;DR - you will always need the disks.

divlas
07-23-2020, 11:41 AM
The serverside code is written to interact with the client installation. That will not change in 1.0. While we may add/remove features to the original game post 1.0, the underlying game is still installed from the client and is the IP of (now) ******/EA

TL;DR - you will always need the disks.

What did you expect? With all the enraged members posting their thoughts on the new ****** trilogy,
the forum got it, the D-word is offensive, insulting to any Star Wars fans. :P

Hofandebis
07-24-2020, 05:59 PM
@Jaws,

Thank you, just wanted to make sure I shouldn't lose those disks.

sadeous
12-20-2020, 01:08 PM
Great news, thanks for the continued dedication guys. Happy Holidays to all of you!

fikusz
12-23-2020, 01:51 PM
We waiting for 1.0.

Thank you very much for a lot work!

Sziasztok!

Köszönjük szépen a sok munkát / erőfeszítést amit az évek alatt tettetek!
Nagyon hálásak vagyunk, és várjuk az 1.0

futuramaman
12-29-2020, 08:39 AM
In the year 2021 may you only ban the cheaters who piss people off instead of banning people for getting pissed off at the cheaters!!!

AchillesPeleus
12-30-2020, 06:19 AM
I would like to second this right here. I've been obsessed the past few days and I haven't played in like 15 years. I'm back in college again playing SWG all night. haha

travvy13
01-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Props Devs....

been a long time coming... lets exit this dark tunnel

zanzabar
01-16-2021, 09:35 AM
Love this project and excited to hear that we are moving towards 1.0.

I for one enjoyed JTL but it was not what made me truly fall in love with this game.

The social aspects: player cities, ranger camps, entertainers, hunting parties, that search for the next item you may need.

I am so excited for the beta and 1.0, and coming here I see a lot of angry community members. That's a shame; these people are doing the work pro bono out of love for the game. That's the right reason to be here: to enjoy the beautiful gift this team is giving us.

Having been a donator in the past (and not even recorded on this acct.) I would feel much more inclined to help contribute more if I saw some clearer milestones towards the release. Can someone point me toward a good thread to watch for progress/blockers towards suncrusher and beta?

Standing at attention; this is the best game! Can't wait to play it and make some friends (and nemesis?) :D

Z

LordSniper
01-19-2021, 02:03 AM
excellent stuff guys

wulfgar
01-19-2021, 07:03 PM
15 years...
I remember the 1st days, running naked toons on dant dueling with dbl ls :D

Lubbe
01-19-2021, 09:14 PM
15 years...
Same :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v37jnqYvSo
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Hitman23/SWGemu/screenShot0178.jpg

DannyPhilips
01-27-2021, 08:52 AM
@Jaws,

Thank you, just wanted to make sure I shouldn't lose those disks.

Yes, I think there is no reason to worry!

Loc-nar
01-27-2021, 09:27 AM
Project done yet?

Fedora
01-27-2021, 11:55 PM
Yeah, uh-huh

DannyPhilips
01-28-2021, 08:15 AM
This is wonderful news!

Valkyra
01-28-2021, 08:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaeoa6-a3gY

borie
02-04-2021, 11:29 AM
Congrats looking forward to this.

christophermcne
02-07-2021, 11:40 PM
Glad to hear that you're moving out of the dev phase. I appreciate your hard work and dedication to allowing me a bit of nostalgia. I was disappointed to hear the news about JTL, as it was the only thing keeping me interested in coming back and checking the project out. I hope that one day you're able to make some meaningful progress on that, despite the difficulties. For a lot of us (as I assume you're aware), SWG isn't SWG without JTL, just as much as Star Wars isn't Star Wars without... star wars. I wish you good luck in the future, and I look forward to checking back in if / when JTL does materialize. In the mean time I'll just go back to waiting for The Winds of Winter.

fAvorable
02-24-2021, 01:53 AM

of course i'm getting my *** kicked in the screenshot. Wish i still had that old account

Parallels
02-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Amazing work!

Quick question, how will veterans rewards work on the new server? Same as basilisk?

Lolindir
03-01-2021, 06:25 AM
That has not been decided yet.

Shortb0y
03-02-2021, 08:31 AM
Great News! One step closer to being able to Bio E a Red Rancor and the colour sticking! (Oh and all the other cool SWG stuff :) )

decastro
03-11-2021, 11:15 PM
15 years...

I remember it clearly. Time is flying.

SimonSays
03-15-2021, 02:16 AM
Hi, it has been a long time guys but I am still excited for a 1.0 release as are a dozen or so of my friends.

I just wanted to say that the ADK's completely ruined Bas for ALL of my irl friends that love this game and follow the project.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ADK'S. Thank you.

tuddyrex
03-29-2021, 12:49 AM
did I miss something? OP is from over a year ago and seeing so many new "congrats" and "well done" posts makes me think i missed something.

lordkator
03-29-2021, 11:56 AM
did I miss something? OP is from over a year ago and seeing so many new "congrats" and "well done" posts makes me think i missed something.

Literally, 10 days later I ended up in the hospital, and a couple of days later COVID happened. Some of us work in the medical field, others are dealing with "real life" like deaths in their families, or health issues.

This project is 100% volunteer, all of us have real lives and need to tend to family, health, and work to pay the bills. After all that we have to eek out a couple of hours to work on a project where much of our work is lambasted by the people who suppose to know all the answers.

Basically, it's hard to keep the project going forward with real-life being so real right now, and with the backdrop that just about anything we do we get attacked by a handful of armchair quarterbacks who are convinced they know what's best of the project and that all the staff are corrupt idiots.

katar99
03-29-2021, 05:38 PM
Hey LK i also work in the Healthcare (IE IT but healthcare just the same) and i know the crazy world we have been living in. I just got back in after having been gone for a family crisis. And i want to say how much i appreciate all that you guys do. My Son was killed by a Drunk driver and we played this game together since he was 11. I cant say how much it means to me just having it around. Thank you and all associated for all of the work, blood,sweat and tears you put in.

Jaws
03-29-2021, 06:28 PM
My Son was killed by a Drunk driver and we played this game together since he was 11.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. As a father of a couple kids I can't imagine how awful that must be. While I'm just a little cog, I'm glad we're here to provide some positive memories for you.

lordkator
03-29-2021, 09:25 PM
My Son was killed by a Drunk driver and we played this game together since he was 11. I cant say how much it means to me just having it around. Thank you and all associated for all of the work, blood,sweat and tears you put in.

Sorry to hear that, my son played SWG when it was live and he was 7! And I met my wife in the game. It's touched us all, and that is what keeps us trying to drive the project forward!

Scurby
03-31-2021, 11:48 PM
life in the last year has taken a toll on all of us
we do what we have to
we are still here and doing what life allows
the force is with us all