PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk Publish 10 Merge - April 27th 2019

Lolindir
04-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Basilisk Publish 10 Merge

April 20th 2019
The SWGEmu Team

Basilisk Publish 10 Merge - April 27th 2019

On Saturday, April 27th Basilisk will be taken offline and the code from Nova will be merged with Basilisk code. During downtime (for about 2 hours) we will have another event on TC Prime.

Here is the timetable:

10:00 AM EDT TC-Prime up

12:00 PM EDT TC-Prime event starts (check your local time here (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=179&iso=20190427T12&msg=Basilisk Publish 10 Merge - April 27th 2019&ah=23&am=55&low=5) and the official announcement here (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221851))

12:00 PM EDT Basilisk goes into maintenance mode (taken offline)

Around 2:00 PM EDT, TC-Prime Event ends

Basilisk testing continues, will be back by Sunday, April 28th around Noon EDT (unless something goes horribly wrong)​

As it is with every merge, it's expected to be unstable for the next week or so and bugs are inevitably going to pop up. Any and all bugs found should be reported on our Bug Tracker (Mantis) (https://www.swgemu.com/bugs). If you don't know how to report bugs, you can find more info here (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22463).

Basilisk patch notes (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=201) will be added at the beginning of the merge.

If you need support please submit a ticket to support (http://support.swgemu.com/) or join us at live support (https://support.swgemu.com/visitor/index.php?/Default/LiveChat/Chat/Request/_sessionID=/_promptType=chat/_proactive=0/_filterDepartmentID=/_randomNumber=hnuee6u6vo0fj6vtr525q6wc92sy16xy/_fullName=/_em)
As always TC: Nova and Basilisk server status are available on our front page www.swgemu.com (https://www.swgemu.com/) and SWGEmu Launcher.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued support. We hope you will enjoy our event on TC Prime and we will see you on Basilisk as soon as it's back online.

~ The SWGEmu Team

Trithion
04-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Good to hear. But bringing it back up on a Sunday??? That's Game of Thrones day

Vlada
04-20-2019, 10:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Rt0GMAu.gif

Misk Brebran
04-20-2019, 10:38 PM
Yes! Will there be anything specific we should be looking for per profession wise?

/cheer yay thank you... is their any preparations we need to do pull vender items . turn off factories ect?

Oooo, that might be a good idea, but where would i (we) put everything, lol???

Vlada
04-20-2019, 11:11 PM
/cheer yay thank you... is their any preparations we need to do pull vender items . turn off factories ect?

Well it is a huge update, so take all the necessary precautions.

decastro
04-20-2019, 11:29 PM

SWGEmu or GoT? Blasphemy.

Mobyus1
04-21-2019, 12:00 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/swih.gif

lordkator
04-21-2019, 12:26 AM

LOGIN TO TC-PRIME AND CHECK STUFF.

Seriously.

It's running what will be on Basilisk next week.

I cloned it again this morning.

If it's gone on TC-Prime it'll be gone on Basilisk next week.

Omens
04-21-2019, 07:50 AM
Considering Bestine elections are back soon...

Fort Tusken may be a good place for an event :P

:)

https://i.ibb.co/cJg6KXR/Fort-Tusken-View01.jpg

Jaws
04-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the work getting us here guys.

shilo
04-21-2019, 06:19 PM
LOGIN TO TC-PRIME AND CHECK STUFF.

Seriously.

It's running what will be on Basilisk next week.

I cloned it again this morning.

If it's gone on TC-Prime it'll be gone on Basilisk next week.

Wish we had TC-prime for publish 6!

mtdruben28
04-21-2019, 11:54 PM
Great news! Thanks for all that you do (and put up with!)

lordkator
04-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Wish we had TC-prime for publish 6!

Yes that's why we created TC-Prime.

The goal of TC-Prime is to pre-test as much code as we can before it goes to Basilisk.

That said it's not up to us to test everything we need everyone's help.

Fastburn
04-22-2019, 10:10 PM
Went on there to try out the bazaar function and i dont see it.

It is for searching contents of FactoryCrates, it doesn't/didn't apply to all items. This is only on Nova and TC:Prime at the moment.

Fastburn
04-22-2019, 10:36 PM
Sorry, phone autocorrected. But I'll update my post.

Mobyus1
04-23-2019, 12:23 AM
The Bazaar search requires a client patch. You won’t see it on any of the TC servers without it.

Farelli
04-23-2019, 08:22 AM
The most recent commit corrected an issue that prevented searching factory crates. However, it does function on all item names and prices.

Kkyishkkii
04-23-2019, 12:46 PM
I know the answer is probably out there some where but will the 3rd act of project dead-eye be included in Patch 10?

Lolindir
04-23-2019, 12:48 PM
The patch is huge and the patch notes will be posted on the day the merge happens. All your questions will be answered then.

MrThallid
04-25-2019, 05:28 AM
May have been answered or alluded to, but I am missing it... Is this going to be a replacement of Bas with TC Prime? So anything going on in bas this next couple of days will not be reflected?

Vlada
04-25-2019, 07:04 AM
May have been answered or alluded to, but I am missing it... Is this going to be a replacement of Bas with TC Prime? So anything going on in bas this next couple of days will not be reflected?

Basilisk will be offline less than 24 hour (probably) during that time TC Prime will be online, but nothing that happens on Prime has ever nor will it ever effect anything on Basilisk. While Prime is a copy of Basilisk they are two separate servers and should be regarded as such.

Lolindir
04-25-2019, 07:36 AM
To add to what Vlada said, TC Prime is a copy of Basilisk, that is set to automatically copy bas. Since TC Prime is a copy of how Basilisk currently is, its a perfect server to test out the patch and what it will do with Basilisk. As Vlada said, nothing from TC prime will ever come to Basilisk

kalamstar
04-26-2019, 06:08 PM
Is this accurate?

Someone sent me a /tell and said that the patch might cause us to lose items, so before the patch comes we should load our stuff into inventories.

Inventory are safest.
Then bank safety deposit.
Then house.
Then factory.
Then vendor.

Lolindir
04-26-2019, 06:14 PM
There are always a chance something will go wrong, so taking steps to make sure your stuff is safe is a good precaution. Your list is accurate.

With that said, TC Prime is a current copy of Basilisk and TC Prime is running the new patch. We have no reports of items going away, but you never know

Pitchcontrol
04-26-2019, 07:00 PM
Does the patch has a fancy name yet 😄

Lolindir
04-26-2019, 07:22 PM
yes... You will know it tomorrow. We had a few good and some funny names, but have ended up with a nice one, fitting for where we are at now.

Fastburn
04-26-2019, 07:37 PM
And I'm guessing a loading menu competition like Pub 9?

Lolindir
04-26-2019, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, not this time. We might hype up and make one for 11 though, but can't make any promises.

Mordrehl
04-28-2019, 01:06 AM
The Bazaar search requires a client patch. You won’t see it on any of the TC servers without it.

hmmm does that mean we won't see it on Basilisk either? Sorry for stupid question, just not sure I've seen a client patch since playing swgemu?

zentuarr
04-28-2019, 01:32 AM
hmmm does that mean we won't see it on Basilisk either? Sorry for stupid question, just not sure I've seen a client patch since playing swgemu?

Edit:

Bazaar ui update download from the launcher will be delayed until tomorrow. Gotta do some changes to the launcher download and we didn't get a chance to get it done today.

Official word from Miztah on another thread.

Jaws
04-28-2019, 04:15 AM
Thanks very much for the event today guys. A lot of fun if somewhat laggy near the cloner. Thanks again for the hard work as well!

Mordrehl
04-28-2019, 06:05 AM
Edit:

Official word from Miztah on another thread.

Ahh thanks, hadn't seen that :)

Lolindir
04-28-2019, 09:10 AM
It have been pushed now and should be working. Have to open the launcher though to get it

Farelli
04-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Thanks very much for the event today guys. A lot of fun if somewhat laggy near the cloner. Thanks again for the hard work as well!

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the lag at certain times as well, and thought it was due to some lighting I'd included at the locations.

I later found out it was due to background work LordKator was doing with the Pub10 merge, which is why it was intermittent.

Jaws
04-28-2019, 12:59 PM
@Farelli - I really appreciate the frog you dropped for the (few) rebel toons to rally around before heading out. We got to the SCM to wait for the imps and ultimately saw about 3 min. of lag in the chat window. Generally the actions weren't too badly lagged though. Maybe 5-10s. Thks again.

Walking carpet
04-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Was a fun event and I really hope you guys could repeat these on a regular basis like 2nd Saturday of each months something steady so people know without browsing the forums, I know this could be lots of work but if your willing to do them im sure we can find people willing to help make it happen.

scenarios like...

Defense & Capture
Imperial drops at Coronet where the Rebels defending using barricades and turrets , 5 slices to do like busting a player base, attackers would need to secure 5 locations within city and hold them while there team slicers slice the terminals to capture city.
could work for opposite sides Rebel forces dropping and Imps defending but would need lots of boosted NPCs in the brawls too so to keep the glowbat handlers busy while they try work there way to the ranged players shelling them from a safe distance.

Raid the Caravans , where players need to stop the convoy from reaching its destination.
High end characters could also participate in these like Vader, Han & Chewee the Emperor.

Week of Wars (PvP ladder)
Guilds fight for kill/deaths ratios in space using same ships same equipment same number of players on both sides, players then have to submit there results to www.Battlestats.com ladder system , so well have records of who and what guilds are the best worldwide.

Misk Brebran
05-04-2019, 02:37 AM
Anyone with 2 instances running have one randomly crash? Second time its happend in two days....

made a screenshot of the launchpad dump if it is of interest to anyone....

Twilley
07-13-2019, 10:32 AM
The question is how can the community help you guys more?

Lolindir
07-13-2019, 12:11 PM
The question is how can the community help you guys more?
If you can't code, then you can do something just as needed, test code that are merged and work with QA/devs on testing and breaking the game.

As a general comment to anyone reading this though. It is tedious work at times and we have few seasoned testers, so if you use their time to learn testing, make sure you are dedicated. Teaching someone how to do things and not get anything out of it, is wasting precess time that could have been used on something productive. With that said, most testers are happy to teach to get one more who will help out.

jjl5590
08-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Hi Lolindir, I remember playing SWGEmu many years ago but there really wasn't much to do on it. It's thrilling to see it still up and running all these years later! Is it possible to comment how much progress has been made; is it close to the original playable game?

Cheers

zimbab
08-16-2019, 03:46 PM
Hi Lolindir, I remember playing SWGEmu many years ago but there really wasn't much to do on it. It's thrilling to see it still up and running all these years later! Is it possible to comment how much progress has been made; is it close to the original playable game?

Cheers

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75

still, some work left but it's very good :) :)

Lolindir
08-16-2019, 05:25 PM
We still have some way to go. Several things need tweaking, especially the AI needs to be looked at. JTL is also not implemented.

jjl5590
08-16-2019, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the update. Great progress nevertheless!

dsrules
08-17-2019, 09:14 AM
It is tedious work at times and we have few seasoned testers,

You have way more than you think.

trasixes
08-24-2019, 04:27 AM
You have way more than you think.

Thanks bud, glad you remembered me.