PDA

View Full Version : Partial System Outage - 2019-03-11 23:27 UTC

lordkator
03-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Our hosting provider had to do maintenance on two switches that connect one of our servers to the internet. We're running kubernetes to manage our services and apparently it did not handle the outage well we lost the Forums, TC-Prime, TC-Nova and Jenkins.

I fixed it as soon as I woke up this morning.

I apologize for that, I'll dig in this weekend and see if there is a way to make the recovery more automated.

Lolindir
03-12-2019, 09:58 AM
So you poked it?:fakenopic:

imperio59
03-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Is this why registration for new accounts is down? My friend was gonna try swgemu today but is getting an error message when trying to create an account on the site...

lordkator
03-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Is this why registration for new accounts is down? My friend was gonna try swgemu today but is getting an error message when trying to create an account on the site...

Nope, if they keep getting errors they can open a support ticket.

Lorrianna
03-13-2019, 12:09 PM
@LordKator, it would be interesting to know what the problem was in the container orchestration.

Will you be able to share those findings?

oldworld
03-14-2019, 10:51 PM
basilisk is currently down... is this related?

Wixx
03-15-2019, 03:50 PM
Nope, if they keep getting errors they can open a support ticket.

I have the same problem. Registered with this account but cant login to the game. Same error as above.

lordkator
03-15-2019, 07:51 PM
I have the same problem. Registered with this account but cant login to the game. Same error as above.

If you registered the account you don’t need to go to registration again to login to the game.

If you changed your password in forums but didn’t follow directions your password might not be in sync with the game server.

Lolindir
03-15-2019, 09:50 PM
If it is a password issue try to follow the steps under

1.) Log off forums and close all game clients.
2.) Reset password.
3.) Wait 10 minutes.
4.) Log on our forums.
5.) Attempt to change your password from settings.
6.) Try the game
7a.) If you get a wrong pass message wait for another 10 minutes and try again. If it fails come to our live support.
7b.) If you are able to log in game... Have fun.