PDA

View Full Version : [GES] Dantari Day of the Joining Eve Celebration

Darksmyth
01-16-2017, 01:32 PM
The Galactic Entertainers Society Presents...

The Dantari Day of the Joining Eve Celebration

As Republic anthropologists have observed and recorded... Every year, around this time, local Dantari tribes gather together with friendly neighboring tribes to present their newest young adults to mingle with others their age in hopes of finding mates. During this "Joining Festival", young mates prove their worthiness in performing various tribal tasks. On the Eve of the final day of the gathering, a huge feast is prepared for all to share, followed by tribal music and dancing. On the final day of the gathering, the "Day of the Joining", mates are selected and joined together in a ceremony. The tribes then part ways and head off back into the wilderness.

After learning of the primitive courting rituals, settlers marked the "Day of the Joining" they first observed on their calendars, and celebrated it annually as a day of renewing relationships with their partners. And the Eve of this holiday is celebrated as a time for friends to come together, with food and song and dance, to celebrate life and friendship, and maybe even serve as a venue for young lovers to find each other.

You are cordially invited to attend the celebration!

Where: The River Lounge - Fanfar, Dantooine /waypoint -800, -6400
When: Monday, February 13th, 2017 - 9:00 PM EST

The colors for this event are Red, White, and Black. Please find your favorite tailor and dress to impress!
You can bring your favorite character(s) or you can roll yourself an Entertainer/Dancer/Musician or two and join in on the fun!
Feel free to bring a friend and spread the word to others.
There will be groups for Master Dancers & Musicians.
Please leave your weapons and armor at home. Please be on-leave.
Please, no dueling or fighting inside the cantina.
Please do not bring any pets inside the cantina.

Thank you all, we hope to see you there!

Special thanks to Flourish <FLO> (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71524) for helping make this event possible!

If you are interested in hosting a future GES event, please get in touch with me!
We're looking to host at least one event, every month, in a new and different location!

Tyrson
01-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Cool, looking forward to this. I put it on my calendar!

I love the idea of having regular (weekly/monthly/whatever) entertainer parties like this and have thought about hosting my own many times.

Serrabell
01-20-2017, 02:05 AM
Cool, looking forward to this. I put it on my calendar!

I love the idea of having regular (weekly/monthly/whatever) entertainer parties like this and have thought about hosting my own many times.

Didn't you just do the Christmas Veplo Pole thingy?

Tyrson
01-20-2017, 03:36 AM
Didn't you just do the Christmas Veplo Pole thingy?

I did yes! That was my first event-ish type thing. It was more informal and casual, but I was definitely dipping my toe in the water.

I was specifically talking about entertainer events above. Darksmyth said:

We're looking to host at least one event, every month, in a new and different location!

I've had the same idea, I've just never taken the time to make it happen. I do have a few twists which amuse me greatly! (I just looked over the Google Doc I started jotting them down in and it made me chuckle.)

Serrabell
01-20-2017, 06:37 AM
I also like the idea of these kinds of events. I might even bring my entertainer out :)

Redd234
01-20-2017, 07:11 PM
This event is just an overblown safe space.

Darksmyth
01-26-2017, 12:52 AM
Nah... Come out, chill, socialize, have fun.

david665
01-26-2017, 03:02 AM
Sounds like a better event than the Ewok Love Festival back in the day, running around Kaadara picking Valentine cards.

solaceRising
02-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Awesome. Looks really fun. Can't wait!! Great post :)

Jade_Enigma
02-12-2017, 02:37 PM
This looks very exciting, and I am so glad River Lounge is the venue!

Darksmyth
02-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Tonight! :D

rojo8401
02-13-2017, 02:45 PM
I might swing by to check things out. Sounds like fun.

Jade_Enigma
02-15-2017, 01:35 PM
The turnout was fabulous!

Darksmyth
02-17-2017, 11:40 AM
We had a great turnout and a lot of fun! Can't wait for the next one!

daniellee
12-26-2018, 06:22 AM
Festival of Warriors (young adult play-along) ...... government was formed, and the Adumari elected to join the New Republic. ...... However, Beedo was unable to do this during the Boonta Eve Classic race won by Anakin... Was Nice.

beausconce
06-28-2022, 11:07 AM
The turnout was fabulous!