PDA

View Full Version : TC:NOVA PVP EVENT Base War - March 12, 2016

weedie
02-29-2016, 01:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wgeL3lW.jpg

Greetings SWGEmu Community,

We need your help!

Some major updates have been made to the GCW faction bases which are currently being tested. Our Dev and QA teams would like to invite you all to join a large scale PVP base takedown on TC:Nova.
Basilisk will not be taken down for this event.

What, where, when?

TC: Nova PvP Event: Base War
Rebels report to /waypoint 1952 4327 Tatooine
Imperials report to /waypoint 1764 4379 Tatooine
Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:00pm EST
check your local time here (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=TC+Nova+PvP+Event%3A+Base+Taked own&iso=20160312T14&p1=179)

How can I help?

Testing Focus:
Any Combat Profession/Any Template
Mechanics of PVP faction base takedown
Turret functionality (attack speed/strength/target selection/damage types)
Turret resists and armor rating
Turret control
Changes in state attacks and battle fatigue
Healing and rezzing fixes/changes
Assist command
PVP Rating (command: /showpvprating)
Feign Death
Doctor/Entertainer registration in faction bases and related perks
Please see Publish 8 Checklist for more information (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lynwBOjRS5XYGege_W2aCEdmKWZRWvf6hi43l2eDt_4/edit#gid=1664430692)

Report any bugs you find!
A guide on how to report bugs can be found here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22463)
Please remember to search Mantis first before filing your own report(s)

What will be supplied?

PVP Faction Bases
Blue Frogs
Faction Cloning Facilities (equipped with recruiter and a buff terminal)

Preparation for the event

We strongly advise those who would like to participate in this event to jump on Nova in the upcoming couple of weeks to prepare some gear and consumables. While frog items will be readily available, they cannot compare to player-crafted items. Things to prepare ahead of time:

Armor (most important in this event due to turret damage)- New better armor - Composite, Kashyyykian, & Ithorian - is now offered on Blue Frogs, however it is strongly advised to at least slice the pieces to highest possible base. 90% base/38% stun crafted armor would of course fare best
Weapons
Stims/buffs/DOTs
Food/Drinks ARE NOT available on the frog and need to be crafted

How will this help?

Any bugs that are found now can be addressed before the new code is merged to Basilisk with the upcoming Publish 8. We’re counting on your support to achieve this goal.

~ The SWGEmu Staff

Ivojedi
02-29-2016, 01:18 AM
FYI, the faction cloning facilities are new items created specifically for events. Only members of the associated faction can enter or clone to them (and aren't set back to on leave when cloning). The idea is to prevent clone camping and allow a side to be able to regroup. As mentioned, they include a recruiter within and a terminal that has a get buffs option (same as regular event buffs, but without ECs having to manually provide them).

nee2earth
02-29-2016, 05:15 AM
If anyone ends up jumping onto Nova anytime between now & the Event , to test things out beforehand and/or make preparations & such, please feel free to login our IRC chat (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=154-Configuring-mIRC) (and type: /join #openqa) if you have any questions about any of the newly coded GCW/Pub8-pending stuff.

Anyways, hope to see a great turnout by our amazing Community on the 12th!!

jediwl
03-01-2016, 03:19 AM
Looks like Fun !

hybridtheory
03-01-2016, 06:29 AM
I would like to know if everyone will be using frog gear to make it fair or is there going to be that one guy with a god weapon and armor just destroying everyone cause he no-lifed the test server?

TheSaberGuy
03-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Yes people will likely bring good weapons, you have plenty of time between now and when the event happens to acquire better than blue frog gear.

CmdrPwn
03-01-2016, 02:18 PM
is there going to be that one guy with a god weapon and armor just destroying everyone cause he no-lifed the test server?

There will be a couple people with that. Not just because of no life, but the CTs have spawned items in the past to make testing easier.

weedie
03-01-2016, 02:21 PM
We made sure to post the event announcement 2 weeks ahead of time to give participants time to prepare. While obviously we want people to have fun and some great fights, main purpose of this event is to test thus we are not focused on preserving or enforcing any sort of equality in gear.

On top of that, better armor was added to frogs so that we don't have people get one shot by the turrets. But anything beyond that is participants responsibility, thus us advising to prepare ahead of time.

Ivojedi
03-01-2016, 04:19 PM
If nothing else, log on at some point ahead of the event, pick up smuggler from the frogs, and spend a little time slicing the frog gear. The new frog armor has 65% base so can be sliced to well over 80% (though not quite to 90%. You'll have to craft your own if you want 90%). The frog weapons aren't great, but slicing some ahead of time can make a big difference.

CmdrPwn
03-01-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm wondering how many Jedi each side will have? Nee, I'm coming for you.....

http://i.imgur.com/LxRNReV.jpg

nee2earth
03-01-2016, 07:52 PM

Bring it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRLAI02Tow

(Although technically i'll be in blue-glowy-mode since, as STAFF, i cannot intervene. :policeman: )

Valkyra
03-01-2016, 08:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/LxRNReV.jpg

It's prepared.
http://i.imgur.com/Ej08sOf.gif

Seriously hope to see as many people show up as possible!

buellronin
03-01-2016, 09:21 PM
As long as I still have my 750 jaws on to I'm happy

On a serious note...does intim still stack on nova?

dedaskalion
03-01-2016, 09:34 PM
no you can't lol

buellronin
03-01-2016, 09:38 PM
no you can't lol

U gotta admit though...its a legit question that can change the template chosen.

Good stuff..

PS...this event would only be better if the start time were 11pm est

CmdrPwn
03-01-2016, 09:49 PM
As long as I still have my 750 jaws on to I'm happy

I have an extra mini suit of 38% stun 87 - 89% base if you need it.

buellronin
03-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks mate.

I'll have some sliced weapons for people that day too. Well b all geared up.

CmdrPwn
03-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Thanks mate.

I'll have some sliced weapons for people that day too. Well b all geared up.

Can I add you on steam? I wanted to ask you something.

Barrenger
03-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Too bad the improved frog armor isn't Imperial/Rebel armor...that way we'd look the part.

buellronin
03-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Can I add you on steam? I wanted to ask you something.

im sorry....i dont have steam...tbh, i only went to that site once to check it out after learning about it here on the forums...i dont have an account...hit me with a pm, ill get you back, promise.

Poobacca
03-10-2016, 02:42 AM
How does the assist command work now?

hybridtheory
03-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Any nova chefs that can make me some Snow cake, and protein wafers?

weedie
03-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Don't have that, but we will have some brandy to give out (courtesy of MaelDiablo).

Remember all, if you are planning to participate tomorrow try to jump on ahead of time to at least slice frog armor for 80%+ base.

CmdrPwn
03-11-2016, 04:32 PM

I will try making some later today. What should the stats be on them?

buellronin
03-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Deda...will you b on ur Jedi?

hybridtheory
03-11-2016, 06:26 PM
I will try making some later today. What should the stats be on them?

Not super sure, just a best you can make i guess.

Valkyra
03-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Bump, seems to be in about 1 hour! :)

buellronin
03-12-2016, 06:37 PM
blah....would have loved to be there, but saturday afternoon and 70deg day keeps me away.....enjoy the event! Kill some rebs for me..

someone make sure to triple deda on his jedi

someone roll
doc 4030
fencer 0400
then roll tk 0424

youll be pretty tough, tougher than anyone in game (its a good template to beat a jedi)

Ivojedi
03-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Well, that was disappointing.

I wouldn't say the turnout was abysmal, but it was low. No one seemed to want to actually test what we wanted tested. All they wanted to do was clone camp. No wonder the Event Coordinators never want to do PvP events.

buellronin
03-12-2016, 08:27 PM

I wouldn't say the turnout was abysmal, but it was low. No one seemed to want to actually test what we wanted tested. All they wanted to do was clone camp. No wonder the Event Coordinators never want to do PvP events.

Definitely disappointing. I'm going to bet it was deda and his crew clone camping the new to ovp people. I'm disappointed.

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Well it helps when one side had 4 jedi and the other has none, also none of us on imp could unlock the door for most of the battle.

buellronin
03-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Well it helps when one side had 4 jedi and the other has none, also none of us on imp could unlock the door for most of the battle.

Yeah..the community testers did it again I see. I'm also guessing the rebs were using dedas player created gear and the imps were using frog gear with no stun protection.

Did anyone run my tank build recommended templat?

TheSaberGuy
03-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Yep that's what happened, 4 jedi on rebel side and none on imp side made things really lame. This is why I want to wait until jedi are released until I pvp lol.

By the way my main character Forexis is in some sort of crashing deadlock, every time I try to log in it crashes after loading screen. Was doing the event on him.

I had full stun gear + 64 psg but got to the action really late, we didn't have any jedi healers which was a huge problem.

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Yeah..the community testers did it again I see. I'm also guessing the rebs were using dedas player created gear and the imps were using frog gear with no stun protection.

Not entirely, for the most part deda had a lot of honor in making sure that they went just buttruffling us with OP gear for the most part that is.

Imps were winning really hard at first when they only had 2 jedi, but once the other 2 jedi showed up it just went downhill.

Im glad they wen't using the hardcore pvp poisons cause it would have gg from the start sense all of us were using frog cures, they did use poisons but for the most part is was slightly weaker.

Then again 4 jedi vs none kinda ruins it sense ranged can't really even hit a Msabers jedi effectively. That and the jedi being able to heal the other people around hims mind kinda made things a bit more difficult.

dedaskalion
03-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Yeah frog gear has stun armor, and jedi is absolute **** for taking a base, the second you step into turret range you get 2 shot. No one had OP gear - the people with the highest damage weapons were actually imperials. The only jedi in attendance were myself, valkyra in the beginning (she left) and then aux at the end. Like I said, jedi isn't what you want to be playing vs. turrets. If you really want to start a arguement over nothing, then we can start pointing out about the SL on imperial side and the blatant use of blue frog at-st abuse the entire time. I probably killed around 20 myself.

buellronin
03-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Were all imps rolling melee toons with plenty of doc 4030 to get around dedas dots and rebs cm dots? Or were imps running bad templates with no doctor?

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Yeah frog gear has stun armor, and jedi is absolute **** for taking a base, the second you step into turret range you get 2 shot. No one had OP gear - the people with the highest damage weapons were actually imperials.

Indeed but once the turrets are down, the jedi are free to do some saber poking.

Ferren
03-12-2016, 08:34 PM
There was also the part where our group was destroyed by ATSTs and spawned faction mobs. So that happened.

All and all, fun event though.

Also, at no point was I running a template with anything higher than novice doctor.

TheSaberGuy
03-12-2016, 08:35 PM
The only reason I died is because everyone was hard targeting the mind pool which we had no CM's to heal or jedi's to heal.

dedaskalion
Were all imps rolling melee toons with plenty of doc 4030 to get around dedas dots and rebs cm dots? Or were imps running bad templates with no doctor?Rebs weren't using cm - there were like literally 2 janta knives in play. The imperials had a player with a mind fire...... Rebs didn't come on now. You are definitely one to stretch the truth but this is ridiculous.

hybridtheory
Were all imps rolling melee toons with plenty of doc 4030 to get around dedas dots and rebs cm dots? Or were imps running bad templates with no doctor?

some of them good, some bad, I was curing a few people that didnt have good templates, but at the same time there were about 3 people on the pub side that when you started shooting them it felt like they didn't have a psg.
So both sides had good and bad, I would say it comes down more to a jedi being able to heal those around him and himselfs mind.

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Rebs weren't using cm - there were like literally 2 janta knives in play.

You need to check again the fencer on your team was throwing mind dots, 2 of them.

I could cure the weaker one with one cure, however the stronger one took 2, and it wasn't the janta knife cause he did have to stop and throw them though the air.

One of the dots was weak and barley ticked damage the other had a decent tick.

Look back on video it was Dr-Zoidberg with the dots, so yes rebs were using CM dots.

buellronin
03-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah frog gear has stun armor, and jedi is absolute **** for taking a base, the second you step into turret range you get 2 shot. No one had OP gear - the people with the highest damage weapons were actually imperials. The only jedi in attendance were myself, valkyra in the beginning (she left) and then aux at the end. Like I said, jedi isn't what you want to be playing vs. turrets. If you really want to start a arguement over nothing, then we can start pointing out about the SL on imperial side and the blatant use of blue frog at-st abuse the entire time. I probably killed around 20 myself.

How do u respond to the 4 rebs Jedi and 0 imp Jedi?

elzoadozi
03-12-2016, 08:38 PM
4 jedi

4 jedi

4 jedi

4 jedi

4 jedi

4 jedi

[citation needed]

dedaskalion
03-12-2016, 08:39 PM
How do u respond to the 4 rebs Jedi and 0 imp Jedi?Can you name the "4 rebel jedi" - Like I said, If the jedi were playing as rifleman you would have been dead 10x more than you actually were.

Ferren
The same way I respond to the 150 imp ATSTs and 0 rebel ATSTs and at no point was there more than 2 jedi in play. Three total, one left before the third showed up.

hybridtheory
How do u respond to the 4 rebs Jedi and 0 imp Jedi?

You can just intim and ignore the jedi, but what happens is you work somebody way down in their mind pool and then boom Full heal from jedi, and it kinda makes it a bit hard to take down the stronger opponents, we did have more rifleman it felt like so as long as we kept them at a distance it wasn't too bad till the 4th jedi showed up, after that it became a little too much to handle for the group.

dedaskalion
03-12-2016, 08:40 PM
If you guys are *****ing about having to fight 2 jedi PADAWANS now then you're going to have a very bleak future on bas. But we knew that already and that's none of my business.

TheSaberGuy
03-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Im just upset we had no healers for mind pool, prolly should have brought my combat med/rifleman instead of my full tank swordsman.

Also swinging my 490-1150 PH for only 50 dmg against ppl was upsetting, the only time it did good dmg was vs the other jedi but I got swarmed every time I tried to kill them lol.

elzoadozi
03-12-2016, 08:49 PM
dopes anyone want to talk about the infinite stream of AT-STs?

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:52 PM
dopes anyone want to talk about the infinite stream of AT-STs?

Jedi>atst.

Atst's really arn't that hard to kill with either a little blast or acid damage. A nice commando or a rifleman with a DXR can do it pretty quickly.

jedi however has damage that only a psg can block, can heal anyone around him and himself, and Msabers blocks a ridiculous amount of and ranged attacks.

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:53 PM
If you guys are *****ing about having to fight 2 jedi PADAWANS now then you're going to have a very bleak future on bas. But we knew that already and that's none of my business.

Easy to say when you are a jedi......

When the rest of us didn't even have the access to become a jedi for the battle.

Ferren
03-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Im just upset we had no healers for mind pool, prolly should have brought my combat med/rifleman instead of my full tank swordsman.

Also swinging my 490-1150 PH for only 50 dmg against ppl was upsetting, the only time it did good dmg was vs the other jedi but I got swarmed every time I tried to kill them lol.

Thats one of the reasons we were able to come back I think, with so many of you guys running ranged templates, my hammer was obliterating people.

elzoadozi
03-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Jedi>atst.

Atst's really arn't that hard to kill with either a little blast or acid damage. A nice commando or a rifleman with a DXR can do it pretty quickly.

jedi however has damage that only a psg can block, can heal anyone around him and himself, and Msabers blocks a ridiculous amount of and ranged attacks.

Jedi give up high damage numbers in exchange for their unique damage type. It is blatantly obvious that you don't know the amount of force that it requires to actually put the number on an AT-ST to bring it down. Just over two minutes of using dervish will put a fully temped jedi 100% out of force. This wouldn't be an issue if there were a realistic number of AT-STs, but instead, as one was dropped, another was spawned from a recruiter using an infinite well of FP.

Let me also remind you,

P A D A W A N

y'all are in for a real rough time on basi.

Ferren
03-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Honestly man, 2 Jedi != 150 ATSTs. Not to mention jedi take a ton of damage from them. We spent most of the fight dealing with them.

dedaskalion
03-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Easy to say when you are a jedi......

When the rest of us didn't even have the access to become a jedi for the battle.If I were playing a non-jedi with access to armor and dots it would have been 10x worse like I already stated above. I promise you.

Faith13HF
03-12-2016, 08:57 PM
well i had fun

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Honestly man, 2 Jedi != 150 ATSTs. Not to mention jedi take a ton of damage from them. We spent most of the fight dealing with them.

150 atsts weren't out at once, that's the point. atst's can only come and go with as many people use them (which not everyone did only some). The Jedi however can heal people around them 24/7 and themselves when they get low, this includes the mind bar. That's the real game changer.

well i had fun

Fun battle for the most part, could have been a little bit more on the fair side of things though.

TheSaberGuy
03-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Yeah it was a fun battle until the clone camping got a little extreme.

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Yeah it was a fun battle until the clone camping got a little extreme.

Yea imps started off with the clone camping in the start then it shifted to the pubs near the end.

Ferren
03-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Being able to cap faction and pull frogs in the same building that you clone to is not realistic. The fact that imperials have the ability to endlessly send out ATSTs, even if only one at a time per person, is not a legitimate mechanic. The fact that we had to coordinate efforts to kill ATSTs and avoid the imperial base for the first half because of the constant ATST spam surrounding it, is not something that is working as intended. A couple of Jedi padys running around throwing some heals out is.

Also, I wasn't too happy with the clone camping or trippling toward the end either. I was willing to stand there and fight whoever came out but only until incap, unfortunately I'm not able to help if someone else walks up and tripples.

Faith13HF
03-12-2016, 09:12 PM

Yes, we know Emu devs have a burning hatred for pvp, and we're sorry.
Fortunately, we have a dedicated testing staff to actually perform such tests within a controlled environment under much more precise circumstances, right?

It'll be okay, honeybuns.

CmdrPwn
03-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Did anyone run my tank build recommended templat?

Yeah I did your recommended swords build (Master Swords/4030 doc/0040 pistols). Worked out great, thanks!

hybridtheory
03-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah I did your recommended swords build (Master Swords/4030 doc/0040 pistols). Worked out great, thanks!

Haha I did the exact same build but Rifles instead of swords.

Valkyra
03-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Sorry I couldn't stay the whole event, I had to leave right after 3 PM EST so I was only there on my jedi for about 1 hour, not too sure who the other 3 jedi were, since apparently there were 4 jedi on the rebel side according to these posts.

Forgot to capture any battle footage, but it seems the event was a success so far? I didn't really notice any major bugs on my end for reporting, though.

iriejah
03-12-2016, 10:16 PM
I was the silly guy in Orange shorts with the Master Smugg/MasterTK/MasterPistol and a decent Geo. I dont pvp at all so I really had no clue what I was doing rofl (You can tell from my craptastic PvP "template" I used =)). I think I faired fairly well considering and I know I gave a few rebs a run for their money, then got owned repeatedly lol. Had a blast and hope the 38% stun armor helped someone

Had 1 AT-ST in the beginning and didnt use frog cures, figured that would be more realistic. I dont have much experience in how pvp SHOULD work so hard to test things. That being said, the turrets were shooting me and the states and effects I am used to seemed to be working as I know them to. Jedi were not invincible but they were tough. Tried using Feign Death a few times to see how/if it worked but in the chaos I dont think I ever got it off lol.
My main goal was to be a body playing a non standard pvp template to give the people who know what they are doing a chance to see how things worked.

novak64
03-12-2016, 10:20 PM
I would have had a better time could I have found even a little bit of Brandy. Someone said Niffer had it for the Imp side but she was either AFK or ignoring the request.
Also, fantastic amount of lag anytime I got near a glowbat (force lag power? :P).

Still, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the event.

Barrenger
03-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Was the point of this to test base busting or PvP? if it was base busting I suggest in the future to set all players as one faction...and the base the opposite faction.

scotty305
03-12-2016, 10:36 PM
I don't usually have time to play that time of day, but found a few minutes to stop by and watch. I'm not familiar with PVP but it looked like there was plenty of action.

talanchurch
03-12-2016, 10:55 PM

Sl retreat didnt seem to work, and then blue frog got bugged out on me after i changed my temp to blow the rebel base so i could not buff or cure wounds or anything so after that it was pretty much GG.
64% PSG and 450dmg jawas make it quite a slow fight until the jedi on the rebel side (only rebel jedi for some reason) swing by to do some dmg and make you retreat to some very power turrets (and at-st's for that matter)
ALSO with the cloner/buffs right there and no cooldown waiting for you to buff or go back SF, after you kill a wave there isnt much time to hit the base (which in usual basefights is when the base timer would be activated)

Also attendance has to be expected to be low, its less than 1/2 of what it was back when we could get 15 v 15's even though the other PvP events back then could bring by 50+ on both sides too.

as far as the event went I will say I had fun, but after the blue frog bugged on me i didnt stick around too long, I just left the SL running the macros (no retreat for some reason) for the rest of the squad

weldit
03-13-2016, 12:05 AM
150 atsts weren't out at once, that's the point. atst's can only come and go with as many people use them (which not everyone did only some). The Jedi however can heal people around them 24/7 and themselves when they get low, this includes the mind bar. That's the real game changer.

24/7? I take it you don't understand how force works.

weedie
03-13-2016, 12:16 AM
Sl retreat didnt seem to work, and then blue frog got bugged out on me after i changed my temp to blow the rebel base so i could not buff or cure wounds or anything so after that it was pretty much GG
Cloners actually had wall terminals that allowed you to buff/heal. I should have been more clear about that capability prior to the event so I apologize for that.

Thank you everyone that came out today. I was definitely expecting a bigger turn out today so it's a shame we could not give Nova a bigger stress. If you ran into any bugs/anything that did not work properly please please please submit a Mantis report. Obviously, there were some unexpected side effects of having blue frogs, like ATST spam and such, but that's not going to be a case on Basilisk.

WampaOne
03-13-2016, 12:42 AM
This is literally the the wost thread ever. Everyone from Staff to PVPER to RPER is whining here.

novak64
03-13-2016, 12:46 AM
This is literally the the wost thread ever. Everyone from Staff to PVPER to RPER is whining here.
And here you are...to whine about it?

buellronin
03-13-2016, 01:49 AM
Sl retreat didnt seem to work, and then blue frog got bugged out on me after i changed my temp to blow the rebel base so i could not buff or cure wounds or anything so after that it was pretty much GG.
64% PSG and 450dmg jawas make it quite a slow fight until the jedi on the rebel side (only rebel jedi for some reason) swing by to do some dmg and make you retreat to some very power turrets (and at-st's for that matter)
ALSO with the cloner/buffs right there and no cooldown waiting for you to buff or go back SF, after you kill a wave there isnt much time to hit the base (which in usual basefights is when the base timer would be activated)

Also attendance has to be expected to be low, its less than 1/2 of what it was back when we could get 15 v 15's even though the other PvP events back then could bring by 50+ on both sides too.

as far as the event went I will say I had fun, but after the blue frog bugged on me i didnt stick around too long, I just left the SL running the macros (no retreat for some reason) for the rest of the squad

If u catch a PD u gotta wait for the timer to reset of get the next retreat. So if ur 10 sec into it ..and u get a PD or kid....then its 20 sec till u can cat h the next retreat.....
.current pub unlike last pub necessetates the need for PD and kid defense so u don't loose the retreat from an sl

deda, next time im online, ill log on and show you that your jedi is not worthy

talanchurch
03-13-2016, 03:34 AM
If u catch a PD u gotta wait for the timer to reset of get the next retreat. So if ur 10 sec into it ..and u get a PD or kid....then its 20 sec till u can cat h the next retreat.....
.current pub unlike last pub necessetates the need for PD and kid defense so u don't loose the retreat from an sl

there was NO burst run at all, with manual pressing of the retreat command on the sl there would be NO burst run

Guido Fawkes
03-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Look back on video it was Dr-Zoidberg with the dots, so yes rebs were using CM dots.
that would be me and i started with build master brawler fencer doc 4x3x and used 2 janta knives after use of mind fires clone camping and spaming atsts on someone using a stun baton as a primary weapon kinda decided to even the odds a little

Barrenger
03-13-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm normally not a PvP player so i didn't know what kinds of things to look for in terms of whether things are working right or not.
But it seemed when getting killed by flamethrower my re-cloned self continued to burn. Did anyone else notice that? I posted a ticket on it #0006946. Hope that helps.

buellronin
03-13-2016, 02:20 PM
that would be me and i started with build master brawler fencer doc 4x3x and used 2 janta knives after use of mind fires clone camping and spaming atsts on someone using a stun baton as a primary weapon kinda decided to even the odds a little

The frogs have fire knives

nee2earth
03-13-2016, 04:01 PM
I posted a ticket on it #0006946. Hope that helps.

Filing tickets can be helpful and we definitely appreciate it...

http://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=6946

... but please try to remember to file with details and follow-up reports.

dedaskalion
03-13-2016, 05:34 PM
The frogs have fire knivesNo, they do not.

Guido Fawkes
03-13-2016, 05:58 PM
The frogs have fire knives

no they don't troll,
also the fire would take up to 5 of the frog blankets to cure at times would suggest making better gear on frog
i didn't expect stuff like that to show why i started match with build i did and why i didn't bother crafting my own meds before hand

You need to check again the fencer on your team was throwing mind dots, 2 of them.

I could cure the weaker one with one cure, however the stronger one took 2, and it wasn't the janta knife cause he did have to stop and throw them though the air.

One of the dots was weak and barley ticked damage the other had a decent tick.

also just adding in why are you crying of cm use for last few minutes of event when you have a inv full of dots and every med/food crafted aswell as CT spawned acklay hammer
http://i.imgur.com/4Kyue8J.png?1
saw that inv and was like dang.... heres mine..
http://i.imgur.com/af3XhVo.jpg?1
a bat half of what i have on bas, no fires only had 3 pups left for whole event no foods other then brandy and pikatta, im sure rest of group about the same
one side was clearly better equipped yet still lost
skills>gear
guys gotta understand that
fyi saw you have no trouble curing that poison with dem crafted meds watched vid bro

novak64
03-14-2016, 06:05 AM
also just adding in why are you crying of cm use for last few minutes of event when you have a inv full of dots and every med/food crafted aswell as CT spawned acklay hammer

a bat half of what i have on bas, no fires only had 3 pups left for whole event no foods other then brandy and pikatta, im sure rest of group about the same
one side was clearly better equipped yet still lost
skills>gear
guys gotta understand that
fyi saw you have no trouble curing that poison with dem crafted meds watched vid bro
Relax, I'm pretty sure he was just correcting dedaskalion who incorrectly stated that no rebs were using CM DOTs.
No crying involved. He even implied that your DOTs were not that much of a bother.

dedaskalion
03-14-2016, 07:58 AM
Ofavee actually has a 1200 damage hammer he crafted himself with some really nice sword cores. But I'm not crying about it - I just tried to stay really far away from him.

No one has any reason to be *****ing at all, period. It's nova. You should be thankful there was even an event with some pvp in the first place. Leave it swgemu community to come running to the forums the second its over crying about a jedi with healer of all things. Frog armor was boosted to respectable levels (with 25% stun armor) and I crafted 47% base (unsliced) PSGs that the EC's handed out to people before hand. Everyone knew well in advance and had to time to get any other necessary equipment.

Guido Fawkes
03-14-2016, 10:01 AM
No one has any reason to be *****ing at all, period. It's nova. You should be thankful there was even an event with some pvp in the first place..
exactly i showed up to have fun and did
need more of these in future,

never complained on gear i had either, tho you really should give me a upgrade on bat to match bas for testing :p
just had to add my 2cent in b/c
before all the edits on the original posts by hybridtheory and troll accusations by buel, they made it out that we were using some epic gear(called me by name)and thats what won it all for the rebels (when imo it was the other way around)..... kinda immature tbh

CmdrPwn
03-14-2016, 12:21 PM
you have a inv full of dots and every med/food crafted aswell as CT spawned acklay hammer

By the way those CM dots I have in my inventory weren't used. I only brought them in case we had a CM on the Imperial side. The stone knife was a 127 str mind fire that I used two times on one of your swordsman. I wasn't sure how useful the knife would be since I only have novice brawler 1h mods.

hybridtheory
03-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Relax, I'm pretty sure he was just correcting dedaskalion who incorrectly stated that no rebs were using CM DOTs.
No crying involved. He even implied that your DOTs were not that much of a bother.

^ Would be correct.

buellronin
03-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Is there video of event

CmdrPwn
03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Is there video of event

Yeah, hybridtheory recorded some and I did too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikem5YX88bA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJRNmyXu_V0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lau_5QGma04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRn_pTTXzuE

Here's the highlight reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZy6bVGFJ-A

buellronin
03-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting

nee2earth
03-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Yeah, hybridtheory recorded some and I did too.

Anyone have any screenshots with combat-log showing from the Event?

If so , please upload & link them cuz it sure could help me pinpoint a certain bug.

elzoadozi
03-14-2016, 09:48 PM
can we do another nova pvp event?

hybridtheory
03-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Anyone have any screenshots with combat-log showing from the Event?

If so , please upload & link them cuz it sure could help me pinpoint a certain bug.

Sorry, dont think I ever checked combat logs the entire time. But I will check.

Khai-Han
03-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Too bad I couldn't join. How many people were there? 20? 25?

novak64
03-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Too bad I couldn't join. How many people were there? 20? 25?
Counting staff, probably about that, yeah.
Not a huge turn out, but server pop has been low lately, so not surprised.

Oawofae
03-27-2016, 04:12 PM
Jedi give up high damage numbers in exchange for their unique damage type. It is blatantly obvious that you don't know the amount of force that it requires to actually put the number on an AT-ST to bring it down. Just over two minutes of using dervish will put a fully temped jedi 100% out of force. This wouldn't be an issue if there were a realistic number of AT-STs, but instead, as one was dropped, another was spawned from a recruiter using an infinite well of FP.

Let me also remind you,

P A D A W A N

y'all are in for a real rough time on basi.
LOL @ running out of force vs atst.

dedaskalion
03-28-2016, 12:27 AM
LOL @ running out of force vs atst.I probably killed a good 20 at-st's at the event to be fair.

buellronin
03-28-2016, 12:29 AM
Full template with say a 7k force bar uses 29 fc per dervish. That's 4 minutes of dervishing if u don't use channel or have to heal or have on force armor.