PDA

View Full Version : Wookiee Life Day Event - December 2014 - Basilisk

sgtfunkadelic
12-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Wookiee Life Day Event

December 2014
SWGEmu Staff

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8RLSoECI4Nc/VHwaPZL7R-I/AAAAAAAABbc/J6bdFzySYNE/s1600/wookdaysmall3.png

Wookiee Life Day Event - December 2014

Life Day is upon us. Traditionally celebrated on the Wookiee home world Kashyyyk, Life Day is a time to reflect on the renewal of life and to remember those who have passed on. In recent years Life Day traditions have been adopted by many species across the galaxy. Wookiees will often brave adverse conditions to make it home for this holiday, as it is an important time for family bonding and thankfulness.

Those who wish to learn more should head to Vreni Island (Corellia), the Lake Retreat (Naboo) or Anchorhead (Tatooine) where you'll find a friendly Wookiee in a red robe who will tell you more about the holiday. This event will be live on Basilisk throughout December.

Click here (http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070130134028/) for more information about the event.

Happy Life Day!

~The SWGEmu Staff

Viaron
12-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Wonderful!

evers67
12-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Fantastic!!

equinox40
12-02-2014, 03:31 PM
sweet! Can't wait to jump on and do it all :)

Hefeweizen
12-02-2014, 03:47 PM
I got a rock...

(no, actually it was a lovely Orb that only cost a couple thousand in travel expenses...) Happy Wookiee Life Day!

__s
12-03-2014, 10:27 AM
i dont get it where's life day quest?? i'v visit 4 wookies on yavin, they dont give me quest

Vlada
12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
i dont get it where's life day quest?? i'v visit 4 wookies on yavin, they dont give me quest

Did you actually read the announcement? Followed that link in it?

__s
12-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Did you actually read the announcement? Followed that link in it?

sure, i'v read it all

i vist those 4 wookies on yavin, talked to em, they gave me painting. is that all event?

novak64
12-03-2014, 10:48 AM
i dont get it where's life day quest?? i'v visit 4 wookies on yavin, they dont give me questI like the part where you went to Yavin.

How fun!

Thorwine
12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
...on Yavin? Somebody told me, he was on Dathomir... I was on Endor (10 times), what a diversified questline this is!

Happy Life Day! :D

Vlada
12-03-2014, 12:35 PM
sure, i'v read it all

i vist those 4 wookies on yavin, talked to em, they gave me painting. is that all event?

I did a search on this page and the page linked in the OP. Word Yavin shows up only 3 times, twice in your post and once in the post of the guy that quoted you. Assuming you've actually done what you are claiming aka you read the OP and you followed the link in the OP and read that to... Why on earth would you go to Yavin of all places?

Mistress Aerea
12-03-2014, 07:48 PM

Those who wish to learn more should head to Vreni Island (Corellia), the Lake Retreat (Naboo) or Anchorhead (Tatooine) where you'll find a friendly Wookiee in a red robe who will tell you more about the holiday.

Hope that helps. :)

Rynnn
12-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Was an easy quest. :)
Thank you for the Life day event. This actually hits a soft spot in my heart...granted it's just a game, however the things the NPCs said hit home. I've lost a lot of people recently, including my "niece" who drowned 3 months ago, so thank you. We need to cherish all those that we love, because once they are gone, they are gone until we see them again when we die.

Nateallibone
12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
nevermind....

marpi
12-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Anyone else's waypoints disappear mid-quest?

I have two toons on Dath at the mo and the waypoint has vanished.

Sajun
12-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Thank you for the Life day event. This actually hits a soft spot in my heart...granted it's just a game, however the things the NPCs said hit home. I've lost a lot of people recently, including my "niece" who drowned 3 months ago, so thank you. We need to cherish all those that we love, because once they are gone, they are gone until we see them again when we die.

Sorry about your niece, that's terrible. =(

The quest text got to me a bit too. Stopped for a moment to actually read it and realized that it pertained to what's going on in my life as well.

sgtfunkadelic
12-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Anyone else's waypoints disappear mid-quest?

I have two toons on Dath at the mo and the waypoint has vanished.

Was there a server restart after the wp was added to your datapad but before you visited the wookiees on Dath?

Are you sure you weren't given a wp to Yavin instead?

Jivaro
12-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. Usually people want to be critical, so it is nice of you for letting the community know what the event meant to you.

I lost people recently myself, so I am very aware of appreciating what one has before it is gone. I am happy I lived that way already, but it still doesn't always help when someone is gone.

Hope the Life Day season treats you well. :)

pretender
12-17-2014, 05:27 PM
when does the event end?

sgtfunkadelic
12-20-2014, 05:54 AM
when does the event end?

On the first server restart after december 31st.

mosh77
12-28-2014, 04:54 AM
My waypoint vanished about 300 m before I got to it. Still found it though. My event was on Yavin.

Nogin
12-22-2015, 06:30 PM
I have been searching the forums for information regarding Wookie Life Day 2015 and have not seen anything yet. Are there any plans for a 2015 event?

If I missed information that is posted on this event, please forgive me.

Happy Holidays Basilisk :)

Vlada
12-22-2015, 07:02 PM
I have been searching the forums for information regarding Wookie Life Day 2015 and have not seen anything yet. Are there any plans for a 2015 event?

If I missed information that is posted on this event, please forgive me.

Lifeday event is ongoing, but because of the way it was coded, those that did it last year wont be able to do it this year. We hope to change that next year. Sorry.

Nogin
12-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Lifeday event is ongoing, but because of the way it was coded, those that did it last year wont be able to do it this year. We hope to change that next year. Sorry.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Toglco
12-10-2017, 06:27 PM
The Vreni Island wookie on Corellia is lovated at -5544 -6176 for anyone like me who has never done this before.

Edit: Got a wp to Yavin 4, drove 7km, talked to some wookie npcs, was given the life day kashyyyk painting. Not shabby.

Cherokaa
12-16-2017, 11:45 PM
To save time, talk to the Wookiee until you get a waypoint for Endor, then go to the Smuggler's Outpost. It's a 2.5 km drive one way.

Tyrson
03-23-2018, 09:04 PM
To save time, talk to the Wookiee until you get a waypoint for Endor, then go to the Smuggler's Outpost. It's a 2.5 km drive one way.

Yep, I have an alias set up to drop/retake it. I run that until I get endor. I also do it with 2 toons at once, one on follow. I also start on Vreni Island, and not naboo or tat or wherever the other starting wookies are. It doesn't take much time to run it on all 10 toons.

Kliesse
12-07-2018, 09:28 PM
When will Wookie Life Day 2018 be available?

Vlada
12-14-2018, 12:51 PM
When will Wookie Life Day 2018 be available?

Now.

Life Day should be enabled now, for those who were waiting for it.

It was originally written to enable on server startup if it was the month of December, back when we restarted pretty frequently. But now with our extended uptimes it seems I'm going to have to rethink our method of turning it on/off.

Tulak_Hord
12-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Hey Thanks for bumping the thread otherwise I would miss this :P Btw is wookie life day orb one of the rewards ?

VeggaMan
04-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Just drove by a Wookie Life Orb Tent on Dathomir... is this still a thing?

Mobyus1
04-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Just drove by a Wookie Life Orb Tent on Dathomir... is this still a thing?

The tents are there year-round, but the event is only active during December.