PDA

View Full Version : TC: Nova Event - Scavenger Hunt

sgtfunkadelic
09-28-2014, 04:51 PM
TC: Nova Event - Scavenger Hunt

09/28/2014
SWGEmu Staff

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1PT5a2icgyE/VCAJyDSaiCI/AAAAAAAABUk/sSg1zwp1LZE/s1600/draft4.jpg

***Basilisk will be offline for the duration of this event***

Greetings SWGEmu Community,

We need your help!

As you may know, our QA & Dev teams have been working tirelessly towards completing the Publish 6 checklist. Development and testing on TC:Nova has come to a stage where a large scale test of the new features under significant serverload is desirable. To achieve this we would like to invite you to participate in a galaxy wide TC:Nova Scavenger Hunt which will help to stress test new features such as the improved AI and abilities like mask scent, conceal & taming.

By participating in this event, you will not only be doing your bit to help out with testing, you will also be able to earn TC:Nova exclusive rewards and have fun competing in an adventurous scavenger hunt.

What, where, when?

TC:Nova Scavenger Hunt
Coronet Base Camp, Corellia
WP -180 -4900 (close to Cnet SP)
Saturday, October 4th 2014, 8pm-11pm EST
click here to check your local time
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SWGEmu+-+TC%3ANova+Scavenger+Hunt&iso=20141004T20&p1=179&ah=2)

Scavenger Hunt?

Participants in the Scavenger Hunt will gather at the Coronet Base Camp. We recommend you arrive some time before the event starts so you can make use of the facilities (Blue Frog, terminals, crafting stations, etc) and prepare for the hunt. Also note that camo kits will be provided to rangers for conceal buffs.
After a short briefing by staff, hunters will leave base camp to a planet/area of their choice for a 2 hour hunt which will give them the opportunity to earn points towards the various available rewards.
The hunt will begin at 8pm sharp and participants are to report back to base camp no later than 10pm for points tally and to collect their rewards. This event is expected to end at about 11pm.

What will I need?

* Some combination of the following professions; Bio Engineer, Creature Handler, Ranger, Scout
* To expect the unexpected (you might break the server)
* Purple hawtpants (optional)

How will points be awarded?

Points will be awarded for creatures tamed or DNA extracted from depending on the creature level of the tamed pet and the difficulty level of the mob DNA was extracted from. Tamed vicious babies and DNA from vicious creatures will be worth double points You can use this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/a/swgemu.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkKkRibLHZgBdHZpVnQxOTFCeEVmUVliMHd5aWZpZ nc#gid=0) for reference.

The Rewards?

Total Score > xx points =

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_cp4DPVMAaA/VCI77cRGOPI/AAAAAAAABVo/JNjn6HUyiCI/s1600/AV21.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_cp4DPVMAaA/VCI77cRGOPI/AAAAAAAABVo/JNjn6HUyiCI/s1600/AV21.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZFd9yak6L-E/VCI77qa13VI/AAAAAAAABVs/XELROZEPJHw/s1600/jetpack_mandalorian_s01_l0_msh.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_cp4DPVMAaA/VCI77cRGOPI/AAAAAAAABVo/JNjn6HUyiCI/s1600/AV21.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZFd9yak6L-E/VCI77qa13VI/AAAAAAAABVs/XELROZEPJHw/s1600/jetpack_mandalorian_s01_l0_msh.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KgCj7t-eKt4/VCI77i9a1_I/AAAAAAAABVw/7QMLq7kPkKo/s1600/MandoArmor.JPG

* awards expire at next TC:Nova server wipe

~ The SWGEmu Staff

hpfletchall
09-28-2014, 05:14 PM
To bad I won't be on to do this :( Looks awesome tho ;)

Onilwyn
09-28-2014, 05:18 PM
This sounds great! I sent out a guild mail about it and encouraged everyone to make characters on Nova. I've had one for quite some time so hopefully I'll be able to give it a try. I'll log on Nova later and redo my toons template for the event. Also figured sending a guild mail will prevent the guild from crying about server downtime lol

sgtfunkadelic
09-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks Onilwyn. Spread the word :)

Boredfan1
09-28-2014, 10:06 PM
I'll be there but I dunno as what lol.

black-eye
10-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Aww.... 2 am in the morning, harsh time for a young dad, deprived of sleep :D

Given he opportunity I'll log in, really a nice event for sure and can't wait until it's content hits Basilisk. Wishing all participants a great hunt!

Onilwyn
10-01-2014, 09:45 PM
sgtfunkadelic...I hope some of my crew shows. I was really excited for this but will have to miss it :( Tragic events at work got me rapidly promoted. So now I have to work this weekend

sgtfunkadelic
10-01-2014, 11:38 PM
No worries Onilwyn. Thanks for letting your guild know about the event. Don't work too hard :)

BatchElder69
10-03-2014, 02:11 PM
herrrroooww....

I am making Mouse Droids with Food Stations and lvl6 Storage for those that wish to craft pets in the field

Shortb0y
10-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Woo hoo I think I will be able to get on this weekend and help out!! P.s. The time covert is brilliant for us non USA based players!

sgtfunkadelic
10-04-2014, 12:49 AM
herrrroooww....

I am making Mouse Droids with Food Stations and lvl6 Storage for those that wish to craft pets in the field

Excellent! :icon_ThumbsUp:

Woo hoo I think I will be able to get on this weekend and help out!! P.s. The time covert is brilliant for us non USA based players!

See you there :)

LazyBlueGuy
10-04-2014, 06:36 AM
So let me get this straight... You're gonna shut down the play server to do stuff on the test server that offers rewards for the test server that will not be re-given when the server is wiped? OK....

Ivojedi
10-04-2014, 09:31 AM
So let me get this straight... You're gonna shut down the play server to do stuff on the test server that offers rewards for the test server that will not be re-given when the server is wiped? OK....

Besides the fact that we don't have a play server, absolutely! We're shutting down the less important test server in order to get more people on the more important test server. The rewards you mention are meaningless. The true reward is the opportunity to improve server stability and performance.

Nikaty
10-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Besides the fact that we don't have a play server, absolutely! We're shutting down the less important test server in order to get more people on the more important test server. The rewards you mention are meaningless. The true reward is the opportunity to improve server stability and performance.

Absolutely correct. Lets test to ensure it's the best it can be when released to bas. I just created a toon and got all the stuff ie, armour, food, weapon, pups and extra swoops.. all set for tonights test. told hubby i would be up late tonight 1am - 4am to participate in this. Smow Raw will be there :)

weedie
10-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Absolutely correct. Lets test to ensure it's the best it can be when released to bas. I just created a toon and got all the stuff ie, armour, food, weapon, pups and extra swoops.. all set for tonights test. told hubby i would be up late tonight 1am - 4am to participate in this. Smow Raw will be there :)
/cheers
We will see you there! :)

LazyBlueGuy
10-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Just wanted to get the facts. I'll be on to help test the scavenger event. If I'm home by a decent time that is.... -_-

vegamarks
10-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Cool! But how many points to get rewards?

weedie
10-04-2014, 07:57 PM
We will update with more details about how points are calculated right before the event starts (both on the forums and in-game). Thresholds *may* be tweaked just a bit to ensure that we did not set them too high for people to get rewards, and we will keep you guys updated.

Scurby
10-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Cool! But how many points to get rewards?

That's a good question. We are not sure what that number will be. We have a system to count points, just not sure what folks will be able to accomplish.

So.... I got 200 av-21 deeds, back packs full of jetpack deeds and mando. I got no plans on keeping any of it. Give me your best, provide some feedback, and bear with me as we tally.

Thanks for helping out!

BatchElder69
10-04-2014, 08:51 PM
herrrroooww....

Well pooop .... hehehe did all this with out thinking to look at the droid boards.... posted on there also, my bad

Awwww craps-a-lot ....

Wish I had read this prior to trying to be 'helpful' for the Event today....
Spent the last couple of days organizing and starting component crafting runs to make MSE droids with lvl 6 Storage and Food/Chem Stations...

hahahaha well... when you start testing them .... I'll have about 1000 of them .... unless pre-crafted won't

BatchElder69
10-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Oh ... and the Points thing .... are you also considering if we BE's make CL70 pets? or just getting DNA ?

Funny Muffins
10-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Going to log in for this event at work.
Planning to make a MASTER RANGER BIO sampler.
:D

sgtfunkadelic
10-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Event starts in 2 hours :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bgYQVzy0FGg/VDBuC_hv5DI/AAAAAAAABWY/va_yGuB5ZJ4/s1600/ZZZ.jpg

Funny Muffins
10-05-2014, 02:48 AM
Great event! Busy time on the TC! Had a blast playing a set of Proffs I have never done before. Got a AV21 for my trouble.

Great way to spend time idle while at work.
Who knew that BE and CH could take so much aggro and get away!??!
HAHAH!

weedie
10-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Thank you to everyone that showed up to test tonight! Your contributions were extremely valuable, and on top of it all, it was fun. Thanks again all!

nee2earth
10-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Just wanted to say a big *THANKS* to our CSRs, our Devs, our Mods, and all the rest of our impeccable COMMUNITY for hosting/helping with this 'stress test' EVENT.

Remember to post any feedback (opinions, impressions, discussions, etc. ) on our Forums... and any actual bugs (with ss's and/or evidence) goto our Mantis Bug Tracker (link in my sig below) .

Keep this up and we'll get to the coveted '1.0 Release' faster than the M-Falcon on the Kessel Run!

regards, Nee

p.s. a picture from the Event, with a certain umm point-of-view...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/neeEarth/TEMPss1/sc4event.jpg (http://s165.photobucket.com/user/neeEarth/media/TEMPss1/sc4event.jpg.html)

Datho
10-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Thank you very much guys for hosting this event. And thank you for the armor AV and Jetpack. Was very nostalgic to play with again. You guys are doing a great job withe giant workload you have taken on.

Sincerely, Rigzby

sgtfunkadelic
10-05-2014, 05:19 AM
A big thank you to all of you who came out and supported our 'scavenger hunt' stress test. Your contribution resulted in some very useful data for our QA & Dev teams which brings us another step closer to Publish 6. :dance:

Your positive attitude and patience as we took on the big task of tallying your points and handing out the rewards was also much appreciated.

Thank you! :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DyasjYXZG68/VDDQZLpEhsI/AAAAAAAABWs/lc_kXSi88PA/s1600/screenShot0340.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vKesbqFNKsA/VDDQYikQLKI/AAAAAAAABWo/8jv-A2MBVUA/s1600/screenShot0341.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XJakmbbmGeA/VDDQZJzr0KI/AAAAAAAABWw/5P3dIkJ-W9o/s1600/screenShot0343.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cp3cHNz0QVU/VDDQZ32mvsI/AAAAAAAABXA/w5xsdanTmdg/s1600/screenShot0344.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ByxmcPHqBWY/VDDQaVECFeI/AAAAAAAABXI/TkxKeYXcOCk/s1600/screenShot0346.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F9bIetC0Ki4/VDDQavHN7lI/AAAAAAAABXE/mVbbLSeXlMY/s1600/screenShot0347.jpg

Onilwyn
10-05-2014, 05:26 AM
The screenies are awesome :) My guildies that made it had fun and they've been talking about it in guild chat.

Boredfan1
10-05-2014, 06:36 AM
I tried to make it but I woke up late like 3pm my time late because I hadn't gone to sleep til 6am so I couldn't get there in time. :l

Shortb0y
10-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Awesome event! Great idea and lets have more! This way we can get the 1.0 release here quicker! Who cares if the mando armour will disappear at the next merge its fun to fly around with the jetpack! Does anyone else have a problem actually flying over obstacles?

nee2earth
10-05-2014, 09:42 AM
its fun to fly around with the jetpack! Does anyone else have a problem actually flying over obstacles?

Exactly which type of 'obstacles' and where? (cities? terrain ? )

Shortb0y
10-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Exactly which type of 'obstacles' and where? (cities? terrain ? )

Bloody hell Nee your quick! I will test it when I can may have just been a bounce off things, lag by the camp today or rubber banding... It is fun flying around though :icon_biggrin:

black-eye
10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Happy I could participate in the event, even if I couldn't stay till the end to turn in my tamed pets. Still, great work Dev Team and it was a nice gathering at the doors of Coronet.

I also reported this as a bug on Mantis, but I am curious, if others experienced same.... for me, Mask Scent and planet specific camouflage (conceal) broke quite easily, even on minor vicious mobs, like carzed robas or dung mite workers. I tried my luck on Talus during the hunting event and for sure, Talus is not the top end planet when it comes to rarity or ferocity of animals. So I would have expected to run around with just mask scent all day, without being sniffed out by a single beast. I remember the days when I just had 4x4x scout adding to my MCH skills and ran around on Dathomir, Yavin or Endor, and tamed all the vicious beasts without being sniffed out too often, most time mask scnet just broke, cause the tamed creature aggroed. Used a Master Ranger setup with +100/+125 to Mask Scent, but I received aggro with same chance, if I used mask scent/conceal or just walked in without any camouflage up...

... so what was your experience?

sgtfunkadelic
10-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Well pooop .... hehehe did all this with out thinking to look at the droid boards.... posted on there also, my bad

Sorry to hear that, thanks for making the effort :(

My guildies that made it had fun and they've been talking about it in guild chat.

Thanks again for getting your guild involved :)

I tried to make it but I woke up late like 3pm my time late because I hadn't gone to sleep til 6am so I couldn't get there in time. :l

We'll see you next time, sorry you missed out :(

Miztah
10-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Happy I could participate in the event, even if I couldn't stay till the end to turn in my tamed pets. Still, great work Dev Team and it was a nice gathering at the doors of Coronet.

I also reported this as a bug on Mantis, but I am curious, if others experienced same.... for me, Mask Scent and planet specific camouflage (conceal) broke quite easily, even on minor vicious mobs, like carzed robas or dung mite workers. I tried my luck on Talus during the hunting event and for sure, Talus is not the top end planet when it comes to rarity or ferocity of animals. So I would have expected to run around with just mask scent all day, without being sniffed out by a single beast. I remember the days when I just had 4x4x scout adding to my MCH skills and ran around on Dathomir, Yavin or Endor, and tamed all the vicious beasts without being sniffed out too often, most time mask scnet just broke, cause the tamed creature aggroed. Used a Master Ranger setup with +100/+125 to Mask Scent, but I received aggro with same chance, if I used mask scent/conceal or just walked in without any camouflage up...

... so what was your experience?

Indeed, it has been reported. Mask scent was just recently implemented so it still needs a bit of tweaking.

Omens
10-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Glad to see the Jetpack brought live is the preCU one (Mitrinomon Z-6) and not the NGE' Trading card game one (Merr-Sonn JT-12) that was used for the event annoucement on first page.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090317131731/swg/images/2/2a/The_4_JP_Merr-Sonn_cards.jpg

tkirr
10-06-2014, 02:05 AM
I did Dathomir, Master Ranger and MCH, I had a lot of trouble with mask scent and camo sticking to rancor level creatures. I did notice it worked more reliably on lower CL, but I also started crawling prone into aggro range because I remembered doing that back in the day. I don't know if this helped or it was because I started finding lower level creatures to tame. Either way, I stuck with the method, but I still struggled to know if I should have tried stacking mask scent and camo, or if one replaced the other (as it seems to by the nose icon?) and I don't know which skill was applying its skill modifiers.

Thanks for the event! I'm happy to attend more or test whatever specifics.

Willbonney
10-06-2014, 05:40 AM
I made a Wookie CH (HarryHenderson that I had in live) for giggles. Did the Master CH, Rifleman, and Ranger xx3x. Wore no armor at all, and with that build was unable to use the camo kits, but tried it out and didn't really have a problem. Mask scent was more than enough with Rifle's Concealment to keep me unseen by the momma's and the papa's, only issue was when I failed a tame and they all agro'd, which is sort of "working as intended" in my belief.

So well done on that aspect. Results:

3 Baby Grauls (30)
2 Baby Quenkers (23)
1 Baby Huurton Howler (25)
1 Baby Huurton Stalker (33)
1 Baby Thune (26)

Throughout it felt very similar to how it did in live with taming, as in the number of fails compared to successes when Baby-taming, as well as how often Mask Scent was effective at hiding a player without food. I also liked the movement of the mob AI, as in how they would walk around in a random pathing, that was a nifty addition.

I didn't get a chance in the time to really give a go with the BE tissues, but all in all I'd say a job very well done, I enjoyed it.

Edited to Add: Was the combo of Rifleman's "Take Cover" ability as well as "Sneak" from x3xx that I think gave me a really good advantage, misspoke on Conceal, though Conceal shots did help a lot pulling babies out of the middle of the packs without agro'ing those nearby, same as I used to do in Live.

nee2earth
10-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Indeed, it has been reported. Mask scent was just recently implemented so it still needs a bit of tweaking.

QFE and for anyone interested:

Here is the most recent corresponding Mantis Report...

http://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=5599

... Please be sure to read my note (and links therein) very carefully before posting your own.

Thanks again to all those who attended the *Event*.

RiPCorD5A1
10-06-2014, 07:33 PM
this may have been answered before but i'm gonna ask again. what is the progress on all the pet commands. went in alittle early to get the hang of taming and i noticed that alot of the commands weren't working.

been scouring the road map for hours and haven't found mention yet.

Shortb0y
10-06-2014, 07:39 PM
this may have been answered before but i'm gonna ask again. what is the progress on all the pet commands. went in alittle early to get the hang of taming and i noticed that alot of the commands weren't working.
Check the Creature Handler forum it's all explained there 😄 Basic commands are in and the rest are coming...

Willbonney
10-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Currently testing a bit on Nova, and indeed what I am seeing is when you Mask Scent all by itself, no camo kit, it lasts 4minutes and 20 seconds with the Master Scout skill modifiers. However, if you use Mask Scent and then immidiately use a camo kit (Conceal) the "Aroma Scent" buff lasted 2 minutes, and when that two minutes expires it also removes the icon next to you character that you are "Mask Scent"ed as well as telling you that you are no longer concealed. In the combat log it doesn't actually say you are the "Mask Scent" is done, but it definitely removed the icon. It will then give you the message after the full 4:20 that Mask Scent has worn off, or when you Agro a mob, whichever happens first.

It seems to me that the "Aroma Scent" buff wearing off is removing the Mask Scent status as well. Will repost this in the bug reports.