PDA

View Full Version : TC Nova: Publish 5 Scavenger Hunt & Droid Invasion!

Klivian
05-18-2014, 03:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rP2kS9W.jpg

TC:Nova Scavenger Hunt and Droid Invasion!

Join us Sunday 5/18 for fun on TC:Nova while Basilisk is down for the publish!

Scavenger Hunt starts at

NOON Eastern
in QAVille on Naboo!

After the hunt, a city on Naboo will fall prey to a dastardly Droid Invasion! Heroes are needed to mount a defense! Exact place and time to be announced in-game.

Prophet
05-18-2014, 03:26 AM
ohh this is what risenangel was talking about on irc! looks great!

risenangel
05-18-2014, 03:36 AM
This was fun to put together, hope ya'll enjoy.

Viaron
05-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Sounds fun. I'll try to make it. :)

Valkyra
05-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Looks great ;)

Klivian
05-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Morning bump!

Klivian
05-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Basilisk came back up before the event kicked off! So we'll just postpone on the off chance Basilisk goes down today =)

zethren
05-18-2014, 11:57 PM
I finished the scavenger hunt not too long after the server came back online... And no one was in QAVille. After arriving, I asked around to see if anyone was still participating only to see the Admin was AFK and not responding. Was a little disappointing to see people drop off so quickly. After the first person completed the hunt, everyone went away. I did not feel like this was too good of a community event, especially to abandon so quickly after the first person completed it. This does not make me want to participate in future events.

Klivian
05-19-2014, 12:09 AM
My apologies, zetrhen. I drastically underestimated the difficultly and amount of time it took to complete the hunt. It was meant to be a stop-gap when Bas was down, but Bas was up so quickly I think most people bailed to Bas after the winner.

Don't let this discourage you from participating in any future events a real Event Coordinator conducts. They've far more experience than me. I'll just stick to developing =P

Brutalis
05-19-2014, 12:11 AM
I thought about participating in this event but when Bas came back up I was all over it like white on rice

risenangel
05-19-2014, 12:53 AM
I finished the scavenger hunt not too long after the server came back online... And no one was in QAVille. After arriving, I asked around to see if anyone was still participating only to see the Admin was AFK and not responding. Was a little disappointing to see people drop off so quickly. After the first person completed the hunt, everyone went away. I did not feel like this was too good of a community event, especially to abandon so quickly after the first person completed it. This does not make me want to participate in future events.

Hey, sorry about that. Like Klivian said, we didn't know how long Bas would be down and so wanted to provide a decent stopgap to give people "some" entertainment versus the little/none that would've been the case instead. a lot of it was thought up on a spur of the moment creative pow-wow between three people, so maybe we either overthought some stuff, or didn't think it through enough.

Thank you for the feedback though! if we decide to do another one for next publish, this is definitely something we'd want to take in mind.

zethren
05-19-2014, 03:17 AM
I mean no disrespect. You guys are really doing an amazing job and I am honored to be able to participate in any way.

As I was travelling through each village and city on my way to the next waypoint, I remembered part of what I enjoyed about this game. The event itself was well done. Also, I was looking forward to the Droid Invasion segment. I feel many people could have participated with minimal effort. I was just disappointed to feel like the last guy to finish the marathon.

Eastwind
05-19-2014, 06:21 AM
"What happens in Nova, stays in Nova"

shhh...

Sharp2255
05-19-2014, 02:14 PM
There was more interesting things happening else where as well. But I cannot give any details.

"What happens in Nova, stays in Nova"

shhh...