PDA

View Full Version : Support for LaunchPad Enhanced (LPE)

Lolindir
12-19-2013, 05:11 PM
SWGEmu LaunchPad Enhanced

December 19th 2013
The SWGEmu Team

SWGEmu LaunchPad Enhanced (LPE)

The test period for our new SWGEmu Launchpad is finally over. SWGEmu team is pleased to announce that our launcher passed with flying colors.

We are also announcing Launchpad Enhanced (LPE) end of life. Therefore our support team will no longer offer support for (LPE), or LPE based clients.

Of course you are free to use what ever launcher you like, but keep in mind if or better when you need to reinstall your SWGEmu client that we no longer offer support for LPE.

You can download our new SWGEmu Launchpad here (http://launchpad2.net/setup.exe), install guide can be found here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109581).

Thank you for your continued support.

~ The SWGEmu Team

Viaron
12-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Goodbye LPE, loved you long time.

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 05:21 PM
not working for me and confused... saying missing a dll file and wont open

old LP is stuck at updating so can't get on with either of them...

downloaded that C++ I needed and apparently didn't have. Now I get to the Launchpad screen that has the small box of SWGEMU already selected on the right but never goes anywhere.

frustrating as hell....can someone tell me wth to do here??

Sungwa
12-21-2013, 05:34 PM
how do i transfer my profile to the new launchpads?

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 06:33 PM
I give up...

I cant open with old Launchpad and just says "updating"

New Launchpad gets to the Launchpad box with two downloading bars on bottom and wont go any where. Was working perfectly fine before this new Launchpad project....

Vlada
12-21-2013, 06:41 PM
What is blocking it?

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 06:57 PM
nothing....it opens and wont let me hit start

Vlada
12-21-2013, 07:00 PM
You really need to contact our live support, its a much more efficient way to fix this.

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 07:02 PM
sigh...don't have time for that...

want my old LP back and not sure why we had to mess with this...

Vlada
12-21-2013, 07:04 PM
We made no changes to LPE, its the same as it was beofre. We just dont support it anymore.

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 07:08 PM
well it's stuck on "updating" so something changed....

I get a whole 15 mins at a clip to play on weekends so guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow night or Monday to get with support

Vlada
12-21-2013, 07:24 PM
We were never able to make changes to LPE, it was made by Kyle, he is paying for hiosting ans is the only one that has access to the box where everything is stored. So even if we wanted to make changes, we arent able to make any.

But both LPE and new Launchpad getting stuck while updating is a pretty good indicator that something is blocking them or one of the files they are tying to download. So it not the launchpad that is the problem. What anti-virus are you using? Trend Micro tends to block dpvs.dll, avira blocks everything SWGEmu related, some others too. I know for sure that AVG, Microsof security essentials, Comodo, Zone Alarm, ESET and Avast cause very little to no trouble at all.

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 07:29 PM
webroot....never had a problem until today tho

I can open directly not using any LP but that's all

Mobyus1
12-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I haven't tried the new LP yet, but I'm having the same problem with LPE... frozen on Updating and "This program cannot display the webpage" error in the bottom portion. Disabled all anti-anything software and still persists. Running as administrator. Something has changed. =D

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
yep same exact thing here and was fine last night...

I can bypass the LPE and get in but it's not working

Vlada
12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
I haven't tried the new LP yet, but I'm having the same problem with LPE... frozen on Updating and "This program cannot display the webpage" error in the bottom portion. Disabled all anti-anything software and still persists. Running as administrator. Something has changed. =D

Not by us and not something we concern ourselves with any longer.

novak64
12-21-2013, 08:29 PM
yep same exact thing here and was fine last night...

I can bypass the LPE and get in but it's not workingIs there a reason you want to log in with the LP? I have been LP free for months with no issues.
It really doesn't much more than a couple of extra clicks between me and the game.

Cliffy
12-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Is there a reason you want to log in with the LP? I have been LP free for months with no issues.
It really doesn't much more than a couple of extra clicks between me and the game.

quite honestly I forgot about opening without LP then when was going thru directory trying to figure this crap out I bypassed it like you do. Will be doing it that way from now on as this old and new LP thing is stupid so just going to avoid it :P

weedie
12-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Did you guys link your launchpad to SWGEmu folder from Settings > Install SWG? Seems to be a common culprit for updates to not start.

Superser
12-22-2013, 05:31 AM
This looks like to be my problem, how do I link it?

Lolindir
12-22-2013, 06:20 AM
This looks like to be my problem, how do I link it?up in the left top corner you have settings --> options --> on the next window there is 4 check boxes, under them are where you link the LP to where your SWGEmu install is. Any issues after that usually get fixed with a full scan. At least it have for me.

how do i transfer my profile to the new launchpads?Your profile is not dependent on the LP or LPE, it will be in the same spot on both. For me that is C:\Games\SWGEmu\profiles. I always take a backup on my profiles folder though, never know what happens and writing all the macros again is no fun at all.

Superser
12-22-2013, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Lolindir;868095]up in the left top corner you have settings --> options --> on the next window there is 4 check boxes, under them are where you link the LP to where your SWGEmu install is. Any issues after that usually get fixed with a full scan. At least it have for me.

All fixed thank you. I didn't notice that corner.
The new launchpad installed a whole new version of the game and I had to copy and paste my old profile folder. Now it seems everything runs fine
Thanks
Opith

buhzich
12-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Same here I'm done been trying three hours to get it running reinstalled everything ,getting an error Please ser swgemu folder in settings-> Options or install using Settings->Install from SWG.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well after a bit of tweaking and reading I believe I have it back and running we shall see when the server is up .Thanks everyone for the information was helpful.