PDA

View Full Version : SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

Vlada
11-22-2013, 08:28 AM
SWGEmu LaunchPad update

November 2013
The SWGEMu Staff

SWGEmu Launchpad Update Part 4. - 12/05/13

Pre 14.1 movement option and custom FPS added to the launcher (30FPS min - 200FPS max).

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4417/g5tf.png

SWGEmu Launchpad Update Part 3. - 11/26/13

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2291/iyos.png

That is all...

SWGEmu Launchpad Update Part 2. - 11/25/13

A lot of Anti-Virus programs heave been reporting gl06_r.dll file as infected. And though we dont have any reason to believe that it is, The answer has checked it and found out that our client doesn't even use that file, it is completely unnecessary. TheAnswer updated the Launchpad and it will no longer download it. Anyone else that still has it in their client folder can just delete it.

SWGEmu Launchpad Update - 11/22/13

Some people have reported seeing strange text in their chat windows when they trade or examine objects. It looks something like this...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3430/o4v8.jpg

It is not a serious issue, it is just an enabled debugging mod. Other than that text has no real impact on the game client, but can be kinda annoying. We have uploaded a patch that will fix/remove that.

Run SWGEmu Launchpad
Press Full Scan
When asked "Do you want to restore config files too" press Yes. <--- That part will fix the problem
At the end of Full scan Game Settings will open, you will have to set your game screen resolution again and any other setting you had before.

NOTE: Profiles folder, your UI settings, macros and notes will not be affected by this.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your continuous support.

~The SWGEmu Staff

Tombius
11-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Fantastic! thanks :worshippy:

EDIT: Unfortuantely its not fixed it for me :(

chuck006
11-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Use the Launch Pad? Yesterday a post said to never use launch pad again because it can damage the client. Which is correct?

dartherik
11-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Use the Launch Pad? Yesterday a post said to never use launch pad again because it can damage the client. Which is correct?

In case you missed it, they released a new Launch Pad.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=417-SWGEmu-LaunchPad-November-2013

Vlada
11-22-2013, 10:44 AM

Not Launchpad Enhanced aka LPE, we are talking about our new SWGEmu launchpad we released yesterday.

Fantastic! thanks http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/ImpSmilies/worshippy.gif

EDIT: Unfortuantely its not fixed it for me http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.png

Do you still have user.cfg file in your new SWGmu folder? Was any of the game client instances running when you did the Full scan?

Tombius
11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
No cant find any user.cfg file and also no instances running when I do the full scan, done it 3-4 times too to make sure and im still getting the same result.

Soulfly
11-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks! I recognize that snappy dressing toon anywhere!

Vlada
11-22-2013, 01:21 PM
No cant find any user.cfg file and also no instances running when I do the full scan, done it 3-4 times too to make sure and im still getting the same result.

Run full scan again or if that doesnt work delete swgemu_machineoptions.iff

Tombius
11-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Run full scan again or if that doesnt work delete swgemu_machineoptions.iff

Thanks oh mighty one, you have solved my problem!! I deleted the .iff and all is good :) Again thanks so much

Soulfly
11-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks oh mighty one, you have solved my problem!! I deleted the .iff and all is good :) Again thanks so muchGlad you got it fixed! Just for future reference. I found my user.cfg file only in the original SWGEmu folder and not one in the second folder added when updateing the launcher.

Tombius
11-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Glad you got it fixed! Just for future reference. I found my user.cfg file only in the original SWGEmu folder and not one in the second folder added when updateing the launcher.
I couldn't find it at all, spent ages and even did a search through my c drive. My files have and do look really weird though kind of different from before so I didn't want to mess with them really. The way Vlada said worked a treat :)

Soulfly
11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I couldn't find it at all, spent ages and even did a search through my c drive. My files have and do look really weird though kind of different from before so I didn't want to mess with them really. The way Vlada said worked a treat :)I forget how to do it but you probably have to turn on show all files in folder. Or something to that effect.

I could be thinking of show all folders

enak
11-22-2013, 05:19 PM
done the download installed...... ran it and got.....error please set the swgemufolder in settings -> options or install using settings ->install from ?????????????????? thats me totally lost and confused ...... help

Niffer1976
11-22-2013, 07:08 PM
done the download installed...... ran it and got.....error please set the swgemufolder in settings -> options or install using settings ->install from ?????????????????? thats me totally lost and confused ...... help

Top left hand corner>Setting>Options>When the box pops up hit Select>Direct it to your SWGEmu folder>Hit ok

Vlada
11-22-2013, 07:10 PM

Well this thread is just about the latest update, if you still need to install from the beginning you need use this guide: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=179-Install-SWGEmu

pyrodan
11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Downloaded it yesterday as soon as I saw the update about it, have no issues thus far, but glad I saw this just incase, thanks Vlada!

pyrodan
11-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Did find one error though not sure if it is related at all to the new launchpad or not... but after it was installed, ran, and I tried to run it a second time just to make sure that debugger was turned off in my settings, I received a message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" Not sure if that means the path to the dll is only temporary and once loaded you have to totally reinstall the launchpad to use it again (which we were told in most cases never use after installed, just the swgemu.exe which btw worked fine) Anyways hopefully helping and not adding to any headaches. lol. thanks again.

Vlada
11-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Did find one error though not sure if it is related at all to the new launchpad or not... but after it was installed, ran, and I tried to run it a second time just to make sure that debugger was turned off in my settings, I received a message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" Not sure if that means the path to the dll is only temporary and once loaded you have to totally reinstall the launchpad to use it again (which we were told in most cases never use after installed, just the swgemu.exe which btw worked fine) Anyways hopefully helping and not adding to any headaches. lol. thanks again.

That error means there is an issue with Visual C++ 2010 or that its missing. You should reinstall that.

chuck006
11-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Dang completely missed the New launch pad. Oh well, sorry hope I didn't come across as an A**.

pyrodan
11-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Will do that, dunno how that occurred but i'll get on it. Seem not only to happen with the launchpad restart, but also affects a second instance from the swgemu.exe as well. thanks for the answer! Have a great weekend!

Update: 4:29 Pac:
Reinstalled the C++ 2010. New dll error dpvs.dll was not found. Tried to start from launchpad, worked fine for two instances. Direct launch from swgemu.exe is the problem for me, ATM. Later will see about restarting computer and reloading it from .exe to see if it resolves itself.

excalibur77
11-23-2013, 02:43 AM
would we still be able to use the old enhanced launchpad or do we need to DL the new one?

Ellyssia
11-23-2013, 03:04 AM
Support for the old one will be discontinued in about a month.

Vlada
11-23-2013, 07:02 AM
Will do that, dunno how that occurred but i'll get on it. Seem not only to happen with the launchpad restart, but also affects a second instance from the swgemu.exe as well. thanks for the answer! Have a great weekend!

Update: 4:29 Pac:
Reinstalled the C++ 2010. New dll error dpvs.dll was not found. Tried to start from launchpad, worked fine for two instances. Direct launch from swgemu.exe is the problem for me, ATM. Later will see about restarting computer and reloading it from .exe to see if it resolves itself.

Are you using Trend Micro or Norton by any chance? Those two tend to block and quarantine dpvs.dll.

pyrodan
11-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Nope. (Security essentials from MS) I went to see if it was quarantined, blocked or anything else, nothing there. Never had the issue until yesterday. As long as I use the launchpad to launch the game it works, fine, it's only when I started using the exe did it start doing the .dll garbage. *Scratches chin* I'll look into my folders, see where I'm originating from as far as the executable. Thanks for your help.

Vlada
11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Use the new Launchpad

bigevil
11-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Yep. Uninstalled the LPE, followed guide and all is well. Smooth. Nice job team!

pyrodan
11-23-2013, 11:59 PM
It didn't start til I started using the new launchpad lol. Unless, I'm mistaken and you're saying "Only use the launchpad to start the game from now on" which from what I saw from other posts was to only use it the first time. (Mistaken possibly, but that is what I have been doing since the problem started lol --- and so far it's the only thing working.) So if that is what you meant, case closed and I am. Thanks :) Hope you all have a great weekend!

Vlada
11-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Here are your options:

1. You can use the old LPE (not recomened, we will stop offering support for i in a few weeks)
2. You can use swgemu.exe from the old SWGEmu client installed with LPE (Again since it is an LPE based cleint we will stop offering support for i in a few weeks, so not recomended)
3. You can use our New SWGEmu Launchpad <--- Recomended
4. You can use swgemu.exe from the new SWGEmu client installed with our new Launchpad (not recomended)

MrObvious
11-24-2013, 01:19 AM
I assume the new SMGEMU Client from the new Launchpad breaks all mods? 60 FPS, etc? Any recommendations on using those with the new process?

Vlada
11-24-2013, 07:33 AM
I assume the new SMGEMU Client from the new Launchpad breaks all mods? 60 FPS, etc? Any recommendations on using those with the new process?

Game cleints are almost exactly the same, any mods you used before you should be able to use now.

sgtfunkadelic
11-24-2013, 09:49 AM

I got 60fps to work but only after editing the swgemu.ini file. I had to remove # from the #.include "user.cfg" line.

MrObvious
11-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Isn't the 60FPS mod a modified version of the older client though?

Vlada
11-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Isn't the 60FPS mod a modified version of the older client though?

Its the same *.exe file that you need to replace with the modded one.

MrObvious
11-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Here are your options:

1. You can use the old LPE (not recomened, we will stop offering support for i in a few weeks)
2. You can use swgemu.exe from the old SWGEmu client installed with LPE (Again since it is an LPE based cleint we will stop offering support for i in a few weeks, so not recomended)
3. You can use our New SWGEmu Launchpad <--- Recomended
4. You can use swgemu.exe from the new SWGEmu client installed with our new Launchpad (not recomended)

Wouldn't using the patched 60FPS client .exe violate your recommendation number 2 above?

Vlada
11-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Wouldn't using the patched 60FPS client .exe violate your recommendation number 2 above?

No, if you replace the swgemu.exe file that launcher created with the modded 60FPS one, launcher probably wont know the difference. It should run the game same as before and use what ever swgemu.exe you put in there.

sgtfunkadelic
11-24-2013, 08:53 PM

I don't think support was ever offered here for any issues with mods. That's probably why that option isn't recommended.

Vlada
11-24-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't think support was ever offered here for any issues with mods. That's probably why that option isn't recommended.

Yeah, you mess up your client with 3rd party mods, support cant/wont help you.

wagamama
11-25-2013, 07:07 AM
i can't remember where i got my 60fps client last time. can anyone help me out?

sgtfunkadelic
11-25-2013, 07:27 AM
i can't remember where i got my 60fps client last time. can anyone help me out?

http://www.modthegalaxy.com/

Vlada
11-25-2013, 09:15 AM
OP updated.

Fell free to delete gl06_r.dll from your SWGEMu folder.

Vlada
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Kodan's SWG Profession calculator added.

eromirack
11-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Any hints for getting the SWGEMU Launchpad to work with an installation running in Linux via Crossover? I had SWGEMU running with the LPE and have had a number of problems getting the SWGEMU launchpad to work. Got it now to the point where it launches, it says the "basics failed" and when I go to verify, it says that my SWGEMU_SETUP.exe is invalid and some of the tre files fail (seem to all be related to space) and then it freezes at 96% validates. I've deleted the .cfg files, downloaded a new copy of the SWGEMU launchpad setup.exe and tried again but get the same results. I did make my swg folder the game folder as well.

Grrrr.....

My apologies if there is already a discussion topic for the new launchpad with linux.

mrsanders
11-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Any hints for getting the SWGEMU Launchpad to work with an installation running in Linux via Crossover? I had SWGEMU running with the LPE and have had a number of problems getting the SWGEMU launchpad to work. Got it now to the point where it launches, it says the "basics failed" and when I go to verify, it says that my SWGEMU_SETUP.exe is invalid and some of the tre files fail (seem to all be related to space) and then it freezes at 96% validates. I've deleted the .cfg files, downloaded a new copy of the SWGEMU launchpad setup.exe and tried again but get the same results. I did make my swg folder the game folder as well.

Grrrr.....

My apologies if there is already a discussion topic for the new launchpad with linux.

Same thing happened for me. What i did was taking the filenames from 'required2.txt' and downloaded them manually from 'http://www.launchpad2.net/SWGEmu/', e.g.
'http://www.launchpad2.net/SWGEmu/patch_00.tre' and placing them in the SWGEmu folder.

eromirack
11-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Same thing happened for me. What i did was taking the filenames from 'required2.txt' and downloaded them manually from 'http://www.launchpad2.net/SWGEmu/', e.g.
'http://www.launchpad2.net/SWGEmu/patch_00.tre' and placing them in the SWGEmu folder.

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try.

Love the signature BTW!

Vlada
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Updated again.

KrazyTrumpeter05
12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Hum, I updated, but I don't seem to have the "Game mods" button

edit: Just restarted Launchpad again and there was another update. All working now.

vasquesbc
12-10-2013, 06:13 AM
I've installed SWGEmu Launchpad and set the SWGEmu folder to: "C://SWGEmu/".
After starting the Launchpad there is a red hint above the progress bars that says: "Basic checks failed.".
If i press the button "Full scan" and press "Yes" at the following two dialogs (Warning to reset files to original state and restore the config files), it starts scanning and downloading.
While downloading the SWGEmu.exe an error message "Connection closed" appears - every time - After pressing "OK" the Launchpad stops patching.
Both buttons "Start" and "Full scan" are grey then.
What can i do to fix that problem?

brandnew
12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
After starting the Launchpad there is a red hint above the progress bars that says: "Basic checks failed.".
If i press the button "Full scan" and press "Yes" at the following two dialogs (Warning to reset files to original state and restore the config files), it starts scanning and downloading.
While downloading the SWGEmu.exe an error message "Connection closed" appears - every time - After pressing "OK" the Launchpad stops patching.

i had kind of same problem. i just cant remember how to fix, bu i know its just one or 2 things . best is to reread the instructions again or wait for the don pepe who can aswer your question.

my main reason to post here right now is other:

just want to say that the new launchpad is realy "the bringer"!
it got everything had on LPE and it is faster in loading the client and game loads faster.
i dont know if it effects the playing. i noticed i have less ghostlogs (more time between the ghostlogs) wehn i launch with the new launchpad.:)

NewSWGEmuLaunchpad > LPE & SWGEmu.exe

weedie
12-10-2013, 02:10 PM
1. What OS are you running, and are you starting launchpad as an administrator? Or are you running linux?
2. Did you add launchpad to your firewall and anti-virus exception lists?

vasquesbc
12-10-2013, 05:51 PM
1. What OS are you running, and are you starting launchpad as an administrator? Or are you running linux?
2. Did you add launchpad to your firewall and anti-virus exception lists?

I'am running OS X 10.9 with Wineskin. Therefore: SWGEmu & Launchpad are thinking they're running on Windows XP as Administrator. There is no Firewall & no AntiVirus.

mrsanders
12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Edited by TheAnswer..

not legal

Edit by mrsanders: Sorry, did not know.

TheAnswer
12-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Mac native app: http://launchpad2.net/SWGEmuLaunchpadMAC.zip

Linux 64bit native app: http://launchpad2.net/SWGEmuLaunchpad_ubuntu_x86_64_v3.tar.gz

mediumshow
12-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Apologies if this has been addressed but I can't locate the answer. When I installed the new launchpad I lost all of my in game configurations and macros. I looked for the user.cfg in my old installation but didn't find it. I'm currently running the game just off of the swgemu.exe and not using LPE. What do I need to do to get up and running with the new launchpad but not lose all of my configurations?

vasquesbc
12-12-2013, 09:21 AM

Wow! That worked for me! Thank you so much!

Tanni
12-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Hello, Please clarify for me........are we required to install the new launchpad??? If yes, how would we know that if we had no access to the forums and the other launchpad still works?
I have downloaded it but am a little leery about running it...so many people have had issues with it. Is is really necessary? I have a friend who has no access to the forums.
Thanks in advance....

weedie
12-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Hello, Please clarify for me........are we required to install the new launchpad??? If yes, how would we know that if we had no access to the forums and the other launchpad still works?
I have downloaded it but am a little leery about running it...so many people have had issues with it. Is is really necessary? I have a friend who has no access to the forums.
Thanks in advance....
You don't HAVE to use the new launchpad, however, we will not be supporting LPE any longer in the very near future. So, if you end up having issues with your game you will likely need new launchpad to fix them.

Tanni
12-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Ok, thanks very much for this information!

tbh1234
12-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Why did you fix what was not broken?

Vlada
12-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Why did you fix what was not broken?

We didnt, we replaced it.

tbh1234
12-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Touche! :-), just little frustrated having technical difficulties.

Ozan
12-22-2013, 07:46 PM
When I try to scan my files with "Full Scan" -- I get an error message as "Invalid game folder!" It was working fine for all this time with LPE. What shall I do to fix it?

EDIT: And also; when I try to get the game settings, I get another error message as: "It seems that you dont have the original SWGEmu.exe, FPS overrider will be disabled"

Don't understand! how can it not be original?! - just downloaded it 5 mins ago!! OR what am I missing?

weedie
12-22-2013, 08:00 PM
You need to link launcher to your SWGEmu game install, hit Settings > Options, browse to SWGEmu folder (C:\SWGEmu by default).

Ozan
12-22-2013, 08:39 PM
You need to link launcher to your SWGEmu game install, hit Settings > Options, browse to SWGEmu folder (C:\SWGEmu by default).

ok got it thanks alot

ScionYoto
12-23-2013, 10:38 AM
why replace something that was working just fine!!!!!!

TheAnswer
12-23-2013, 10:42 AM

Is it working now?

We dont control LPE, when it stops working (like right now) we cant fix it, we cant do anything.

Vlada
12-23-2013, 10:42 AM

It was not working just fine, it was a support nightmare. Our how to fix SWGEmu client guide went from 55 know issues to just 26 and only like one or two of those is new launchpad related.

ScionYoto
12-23-2013, 11:06 AM
i didn't mean to come across as rude or anything its just i'm really not good with comps and struggling even with the guide

Cliffy
12-23-2013, 12:48 PM
The old one wasn't working again for me yesterday when tried early in the day. Not sure now.

I didn't know you guys/gals couldn't support the old one at all and thought this was a "choice" to change it so I apologize....

As someone not great with computers, I was frustrated and thoroughly confused with the instructions on Setting -> options step. I thought you all meant something in a folder somewhere and it isn't really clear that it's just on the upper left drop-down so adding a picture showing that may help a ton to other people. I ended up doing that and it works fine now!

templari
12-28-2013, 03:51 PM
A few of my guildies and I are experiencing a common issue with the new Launchpad. Under Settings -> Options, we have the SWGEmu Folder set to "C:/SWGEmu" (which seems odd that it wants a forward slash instead of a backslash, as is more Windows-y), but the launchpad immediately throws the error, "Basic checks failed."

I've tried changing this setting to several other candidate locations, all of which yield the same result.

Launchpad is version 0.21 running on Windows 7 x64 SP1 with 6 GB RAM, Intel i7-920 processor. Happy to provide any other environment information you may require.

Thanks in advance.

templari
12-28-2013, 03:54 PM
...in reply to my own post above, I went ahead and clicked "Full scan" despite the error. It ran an apparent check pass, and now it's launching the game fine.

Perhaps the original instructions need to be updated to include a Full scan after the Launchpad is running?

My issue appears resolved. Documenting here for future reference.

Thanks all.

Edit -- perhaps this is only necessary when converting from LPE? Unsure

Vinchaz
01-07-2014, 11:48 PM

Linux 64bit native app: http://launchpad2.net/SWGEmuLaunchpad_ubuntu_x86_64_v3.tar.gz

So I've been running SWGemu using OSX and Crossover 13. I opened the launcher today and it said "connection closed", and that's what actually brought me to this thread.

I just downloaded that package above^ and tried to install it, but not do a full scan and it didn't work. It says it can't find wine to play it. I never knew about that wine bottle, as I was just directed to the other ones found in the forum search. I haven't even been playing 2 weeks yet.

Also, I can still play the game through crossover, but I don't know what problems that might cause since it's not updated.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a guide for the Mac launchpad i just downloaded? I can try to be more coherent because I feel like i'm all over the place. Thanks in advance

TheAnswer
01-08-2014, 08:50 AM
So I've been running SWGemu using OSX and Crossover 13. I opened the launcher today and it said "connection closed", and that's what actually brought me to this thread.

I just downloaded that package above^ and tried to install it, but not do a full scan and it didn't work. It says it can't find wine to play it. I never knew about that wine bottle, as I was just directed to the other ones found in the forum search. I haven't even been playing 2 weeks yet.

Also, I can still play the game through crossover, but I don't know what problems that might cause since it's not updated.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a guide for the Mac launchpad i just downloaded? I can try to be more coherent because I feel like i'm all over the place. Thanks in advance

Check in the Settings->Options and set the current folder of swgemu.

"wine" is the software CrossOver is based on. If you go into settings there are options you need to set to make it work, though you need some knowledge about command line options for that. Otherwise just use the launcher only if you have issues playing to run full scan, it updates/fixes the files. Then you can use any other software to run the client.

Funky_Dung
01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Works good, thanks.

http://*******ofwindemere.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/th26.jpg

Madrick
01-09-2014, 08:46 AM
just went to log in clicked LaunchpadEnhanced short cut on desktop as always, window pops up checking for updates. Then updating server info. then it says downloading interface. That brings me to the launchpad. So the launchpad says updating, but its nod doing anything so i click full scan. it does the scan and says PLAY ( i think sweet) click play and it takes me back to that first window "Checking for updates" check options both pointed to swgemu folder. now i dont know what to do. please help. thanks

Vlada
01-09-2014, 08:56 AM
just went to log in clicked LaunchpadEnhanced short cut on desktop as always, window pops up checking for updates. Then updating server info. then it says downloading interface. That brings me to the launchpad. So the launchpad says updating, but its nod doing anything so i click full scan. it does the scan and says PLAY ( i think sweet) click play and it takes me back to that first window "Checking for updates" check options both pointed to swgemu folder. now i dont know what to do. please help. thanks

This thread is dedicated to our new SWGEmu Launchpad. We announced LPE (Launchpad Enhanced) Endo Of Life weeks ago and we no longer offer support for it or for LPE based clients. Please use our new SWGEmu Laucnhpad, you can find the link to our install guide in my sig.

Madrick
01-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Ya Sorry just call me a DA. Haven't been on in a couple of weeks Went and looked a the first post, and was like man what a DA I am. Every thing works grate if you have what you should. Thanks, and once again sorry.

ury
01-12-2014, 01:39 AM
OH! a new launcher for linux!
That's very very very nice!

TumainiEmDewa
02-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Is it possible to find the source code for the Linux client somewhere, to build for 32-bit architecture? Or is there a 32-bit version available?

Krant
02-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Hardware Info Version: 5
Number of Processors: 2 physical, 2 logical
Cpu Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Cpu Identifier: AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Cpu Speed: 2812 Mhz
Physical Memory Size: 1023 MB
Video Description: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x68F9[d]
Video Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1136
Video Memory Size: 2167 MB
Vertex Shader Version: 3.0
Pixel Shader Version: 3.0
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Operating System: Unsupported
BITS: unknown
trackIR Version: Not supported
User Info Version: 1
Audio: enabled
DOT3: enabled
HW mouse cursor: enabled
HIQL: enabled
Safe renderer: no
Screen width: 1280
Screen height: 1024
Windowed: no
Borderless windowed: no
Texture baking: enabled
UseJoysticks: enabled
---------------------------------------------------------
Installed SWG. Followed the instructions on the website for the launcher set up. I keep getting "Basic Checks have failed" and the start button is greyed out. Everything appears to be updated, and full scan does not fix the issue. Im running it in admin mode and Windows XP compatibility. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Krant
02-17-2014, 03:11 AM
Fixed the issue.

I made a new folder for SWGEMU on my desktop and used that instead of the one in the C directory. I fixed the issue by using the one in the C directory. >.>

Krant
02-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Nevermind, still doesn't work >.>

Vlada
02-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Download this: http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...dllpackage.zip (http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/swgemu_dllpackage.zip) and extract it in to your SWGEmu game client folder

Krant
02-18-2014, 12:27 AM
Bingo! Thanks!

DarkRevolver
04-14-2014, 12:11 AM
Hi, I am new to SWGEmu

when I tried to open the "setup.exe" file windows installer denied access. So I looked for a manual download...
later on when I got the troubleshoot_configfiles.zip file I found in another forum thread I checked the "setup_r" and it came up with this:

Hardware Info Version: 5
Number of Processors: 3 physical, 3 logical
Cpu Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Cpu Identifier: AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
Cpu Speed: 2194 Mhz
Physical Memory Size: 1023 MB
CD: 1
DVD: 2
Joysticks: 0
Joysticks: 0
FlightSticks: 0
GamePads: 0
Video Description: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x68F9[d]
Video Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1191
Video Memory Size: 2297 MB
Vertex Shader Version: 3.0
Pixel Shader Version: 3.0
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Operating System: Unsupported
BITS: unknown
trackIR Version: Not supported
User Info Version: 1
Audio: enabled
DOT3: enabled
HW mouse cursor: enabled
HIQL: enabled
Safe renderer: no
Screen width: 1920
Screen height: 1080
Windowed: no
Borderless windowed: no
Texture baking: enabled
UseJoysticks: enabled

Can someone please help me, this looks awesome and I dont want my moneys worth wasted :(

Vlada
04-14-2014, 06:02 AM
Best to contact our Live support or submit a ticket at http://support.swgemu.com

ApollyonJones
06-09-2014, 11:46 PM
When I try to scan my files with "Full Scan" -- I get an error message as "Invalid game folder!"

I am having this very problem, and the fixes posted aren't working for me. I'm following the step-by-step pictured guide posted on this site (thanks for that, by the way). I'm not very computer-savvy, though, and I might be understanding it wrong. I've tried Settings > Options and moving the SWGEmu folder to several spots, and they're all "Invalid Game Folder." But I don't understand: where exactly does it want me to put it? In the actual game's files' location somewhere? In some new pristine folder I make for it? I just don't understand. If anyone is willing to help me out, thanks in advance! But could you word your help as if you're speaking to a really simple person? I might be able to understand that.

Vlada
06-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Your best bet is our live support. Just press that big LIVE SUPPORT button on the nav bar.

PantherHunter
09-26-2016, 12:57 AM
did anyone ever figure out how to use launchpad from mac?