Player Base Busting Event
On Saturday, January 5th, at 5PM EST (check your local time here), an event will be held on Test Center Nova in order to test different aspects of the faction bases and overall server stability before they they can be added to Basilisk.
Everyone is welcome to join. There is a Character builder terminals aka Blue frog in every NPC city so you should be able to fix or build your templates and buff up before the event. Decent armor and weapons, food and poisons too will be provided as well.
Feel free to reply to this thread if you are going to attend. Team would like to have a head count by Thursday, January 3rd to make sure they have enough armor and weapons for everyone. Please post your faction, character name and what weapon you would prefer. Of course you are still welcome to participate even if you don't inform as in advance.
- Imperial players will meet up in front of the city hall at Thunderdome
- Rebels will meet up at the city hall in Land of Yore.
After the event, we invite you all to please stick around for an open discussion on the state of the bases, and a feedback session with members of QA. We still encourage you to report any findings you have of bugs/exploits/things that are wrong on here, but we would love to hear from you live after the event has ended.
- We will need someone to lead the rebels and someone to lead the imperials.
- Round one will be a pvp in a neutral area the winner will get to choose whether they would like to attack or defend the base for second round.
This event is a testing event held with hopes of receiving feedback from players in regards to faction bases. The better the feedback we get the sooner we can get bases pushed to the Basilisk server for the entire community. A few items to note during the event are:
- No bystanders during the event! The only people permitted to watch the event are the QA and EC staff.
- No outside heals. No outside resurrections. All healers involved in the PVP will be responsible for the healing. There will be no doctors/Combat Medics’s running around with the event healing while covert. You will be flagged Overt.
- Turrets only attack moving players. Covert scanners are not functional yet.
- Skill specific Terminals are usable by any profession EXCEPT Smuggler Terminal (Security) which requires Novice smuggler. (Laser knives will be provided. If you wish to use clamps or nodes you will have to get your own.)
- Identical sets of Powerups, Foods, Drinks, Spices and Combat Medic Poisons and Diseases will be available on vendors in both cities. Buy only what you need. Leave enough for the next player. Vendor sales of these items will be monitored by QA for buyouts. Credits are free on Nova via Blue Frog. No need to horde.
- Armor and weapons will be provided at the best of our ability. Over 80 matching sets of Composite armor are available to each faction. All weapons and armor are pre-sliced. If you don’t like the stats you were welcome and encouraged to come early and make your own.
Please remember that bugs are expected. Report anything you find here, and if you don't know how to report bugs, you can find more info here.
Hope to see you all there.
~ The SWGEmu Events Team