Retired SWGEmu Staff rigormortus's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Bases are coming!!

Player Base Busting Event

12/20/2012
    The SWGEmu Events Team

Player Base Busting Event

On Saturday, January 5th, at 5PM EST (check your local time here), an event will be held on Test Center Nova in order to test different aspects of the faction bases and overall server stability before they they can be added to Basilisk.

Everyone is welcome to join. There is a Character builder terminals aka Blue frog in every NPC city so you should be able to fix or build your templates and buff up before the event. Decent armor and weapons, food and poisons too will be provided as well.
    • Imperial players will meet up in front of the city hall at Thunderdome
    • Rebels will meet up at the city hall in Land of Yore.
    Feel free to reply to this thread if you are going to attend. Team would like to have a head count by Thursday, January 3rd to make sure they have enough armor and weapons for everyone. Please post your faction, character name and what weapon you would prefer. Of course you are still welcome to participate even if you don't inform as in advance.
    • We will need someone to lead the rebels and someone to lead the imperials.
    • Round one will be a pvp in a neutral area the winner will get to choose whether they would like to attack or defend the base for second round.
    After the event, we invite you all to please stick around for an open discussion on the state of the bases, and a feedback session with members of QA. We still encourage you to report any findings you have of bugs/exploits/things that are wrong on here, but we would love to hear from you live after the event has ended.

Event Rules:

• No bystanders during the event! The only people permitted to watch the event are the QA and EC staff.
    • No outside heals. No outside resurrections. All healers involved in the PVP will be responsible for the healing. There will be no doctors/Combat Medics’s running around with the event healing while covert. You will be flagged Overt.
    This event is a testing event held with hopes of receiving feedback from players in regards to faction bases. The better the feedback we get the sooner we can get bases pushed to the Basilisk server for the entire community. A few items to note during the event are:
    1. Turrets only attack moving players. Covert scanners are not functional yet.
    2. Skill specific Terminals are usable by any profession EXCEPT Smuggler Terminal (Security) which requires Novice smuggler. (Laser knives will be provided. If you wish to use clamps or nodes you will have to get your own.)
    3. Identical sets of Powerups, Foods, Drinks, Spices and Combat Medic Poisons and Diseases will be available on vendors in both cities. Buy only what you need. Leave enough for the next player. Vendor sales of these items will be monitored by QA for buyouts. Credits are free on Nova via Blue Frog. No need to horde.
    4. Armor and weapons will be provided at the best of our ability. Over 80 matching sets of Composite armor are available to each faction. All weapons and armor are pre-sliced. If you don’t like the stats you were welcome and encouraged to come early and make your own.

Please remember that bugs are expected. Report anything you find here, and if you don't know how to report bugs, you can find more info here.

Hope to see you all there.

~ The SWGEmu Events Team
    Last edited by Sekie; 01-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    rigormortus
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Quality Assurance - On Leave Naik0i's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    https://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapb...004/index.html

^^ anyone new to base busting needs to take a look at this base busting FAQ so you'll have an idea what to do, know that for the time being for ease of testing none of the profession checks are in place, anyone can bust a base.. But whoever will be slicing the security terminal will need novice smuggler to be able to use the precision laser knives (which we can supply) to slice the security terminal and proceed with the bust.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you over on nova, i can guarantee this will be a great event for the community and a great help to us who are working to restore the game to how it was before Thank you all!
    Last edited by Naik0i; 12-20-2012 at 02:00 AM.
    Naikoi Rhaiki
    Quality Assurance - On Leave

How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    naikoi@swgemu.com
    |Gerrit Code Review

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As this is a testing event any feedback concerning bases can be posted here for review by QA.

https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69046

OR here

https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=3546

Anyone wishing to create a Trandoshan character for this event please post in this thread or contact QA on Nova so that appropriate armor can me made.

Pixie and Muon will be provided.

Non-combat players are urged to attend. Med centers and cantinas will be in both cities. Foods will be provided for them as well.

Anyone that wishes to get a little practice on bases may contact me on Nova beforehand. (IGN ScurbyD and VurpleP)

Houses are Available in either event city.
    Last edited by Scurby; 01-01-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Info Update
    Scurby
    QA Leader

scurby@swgemu.com | Gerrit | Jenkins

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'll be there!!

poisons, stun armor, and a jawa ion rifle and I'll be all set

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Rando - Imp

Play Stats
    Inactive
    inb4 all your bases are belong to us

<CULT> Overlord

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I guess I need to get to making weapons, poisons, meds, etc again.

Weapon orders please mail Hiolu
    Med or CM orders please mail Chri

Quality Assurance - On Leave Naik0i's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Chri, We got the weapons and armor taken care of. QA will be taking care of the crafting of weapons and armor
    Naikoi Rhaiki
    Quality Assurance - On Leave

naikoi@swgemu.com
    |Gerrit Code Review

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Naik0i View Post
    Chri, We got the weapons and armor taken care of. QA will be taking care of the crafting of weapons and armor
    Don't make sets better than the one I gave to Chri though.
    Bert Last
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

bertlast@swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa View Post
    you cant inb4 something like this.

fu for even trying!

<3

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri View Post
    I guess I need to get to making weapons, poisons, meds, etc again.

Weapon orders please mail Hiolu
    Med or CM orders please mail Chri
    chris!!!!!

wHATS UP?!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Imperial, AZIronman, Jawa ion Rifle

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Devs who care about SWG's most powerful and unique feature as much as the players do?

THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT! The "IRL server" goes offline tomorrow, was fun everyone.

------

Looking forward to this event. I'll be contacting some old Sunrunner friends and enemies to get them on to "expose bugs". Trust me, if a bug exists you'll know.

In the meantime, looking for an imp buddy on test to test out stopping a countdown, and bugging the terms so they cant be sliced. Send a mail on Nova to Haleigh.

-----

Haleigh Rebel (already armed)
    Last edited by Haleigh; 12-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Haleigh Comette of Sunrunner
    /rebelyell

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa View Post
    If your not Imperial you better bring a squadron, Imps Rule,Rebs drool. Be Ready :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleigh View Post
    Devs who care about SWG's most powerful and unique feature as much as the players do?

THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT! The "IRL server" goes offline tomorrow, was fun everyone.

------

Looking forward to this event. I'll be contacting some old Sunrunner friends and enemies to get them on to "expose bugs". Trust me, if a bug exists you'll know.

In the meantime, looking for an imp buddy on test to test out stopping a countdown, and bugging the terms so they cant be sliced. Send a mail on Nova to Haleigh.

-----

Haleigh Rebel (already armed)
    I'll test with ya bro

lookup Wing,rezwingduck,darkwingduck , MissTailor

See ya on the battlefield bro

Rezwing

Thread Information