Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Basilisk move

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I wish I can get online now and help stress the server. Unfortunately, I am at work I can not log on til I get home later tonight. I am very excited about the server move being completed so soon. I look forward to stressing it tonight.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I live in Utah, and i was getting 35-55 ping on avrg depending on what i was doing on the other PC at the time... Im at work now, but i dont expect much better then the 35 I was already getting so... maybe it will by 5-10... if any. Ill report back when i have a result this evening.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just pinged the data center from work here it was a solid 38-39 for a good 5 mins the time of this ping was 12:50 pm here in utah. will do another at home later...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    1+
    im from Germany,Cologne
    and my ping goes (180-225, Laggs,Packetloss) -> (163-165, no laggs, no packetloss)

very good work !

Thank you very much for this and for the emu

greets Genius

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I live in Louisiana and was getting between 75 and 102 every time I logged in, and a lot of bandwidth loss. I always knew when the server was getting ready to crash, my bandwidth would jump to 500+ and within minutes the server would go down. Since the move however, my ping is a constant 42, which is great. I am also not noticing any rubberbanding or weapons lag. At least not any lag that wasn't just plain common to SWG at release. Anyone remember those dumb weapon lags? There would be no animation and it would look like the game locked or crashed, then suddenly either you or the npc was dead? My ISP also increased my speed today, for free, it doubled from 15 to 30, and it runs stable between 15 and 32, so all around, I am very happy.

Thanks EMU team. Great work and when I find a job I will be sure to donate as much as I can. If I get this job that I recently applied for I could potentially pay an entire month's worth of what it cost for the new server....

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm getting about 230ms ping here in oz since the move which is an improvement. Very smooth transition team! Bas is back up and running alot sooner then I had anticipated. I see Vlada asking for more players online. Would it be worthwhile to allow us 3 toons online for a day so we can see how it handles something closer to 3k players?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ping here in East TN has been good before 70 - 80 ... I hit a good moment of low 50's today.. Nice Job AAA+++

Play Stats
    Inactive
    SoftLayer is great - my company uses them for COD applications, and they havent let us down in the two years weve used them

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjebus View Post
    The best ping I ever got in 'straya was 210, but it was usually at around 230. Fingers crossed that I break the 200 mark.

Your ping should be worse now since you're an aussie, im ingame atm and getting anything from 158-169, basicly 30-40 drop in ping,

im happy.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ashur View Post
    Your ping should be worse now since you're an aussie, im ingame atm and getting anything from 158-169, basicly 30-40 drop in ping,

im happy.
    Yeah ping is now sitting around 250 so a little worse, but not by much.
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    since the move took place I have not been able to connect and every time I try I get a message:

"your session key is invalid or has expired"

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am on the east coast in the mid Atlantic region. My ping went from 150 to 70. load times have been cut in half and the lag I used to experience is still present, but very small amounts in largely populated area. Certainly a noticeable improvement.

Thanks!
    - Leadership Is The Ability To Turn Vision Into Reality

Play Stats
    Inactive
    depending on the serverload i get a ping between 140 and 175 (living in germany)
    175 is the same ping i had to the FDC server but i got far less rubberbanding, packet loss in general is nearly 0% all the time and Ld nearly never happens. just got 1ld in the last 24 hours.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You probably don't want to hear this, but it sounds like a password issue. I have had this happen to me, but when I shut down the client and use the right password, it works. This is probably not the case for you, because I am sure that you have done that, but I thought I would throw that is there.
    - Leadership Is The Ability To Turn Vision Into Reality

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Living in Phoenix I had the benefit of closer proximity to Denver. My previous pings were between 50-70ms. Now I'm seeing 100-120ms, spiking as high as 170ms quite frequently last night. Occasional rubberbanding - nothing near like it was on the old server. Definitely much much better, and as we spread the word of SWGEMU (everyone is Liking SWGEMU on FB and boasting about it on their walls, right?????) hopefully we can grow with enough donations (hey, if you really enjoy the game treat it like a PayToPlay game and set up a $10 or $15 or whatever you're comfortable with recurring monthly donation) we may soon see more than one game server.

Xirad / Wayne

Closed Thread

Thread Information