+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 124

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

  1. #1
    CSR/Mod Lead Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    28,355

    SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

    SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

    February 2014
    The SWGEmu



    SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)


    June had a final PayPal account balance of $11,289.70

    In July we got from donations: $3,048.00
    July had the following expenses:
    • PayPal fees = $160.84
    • K&H Bank = $2,600.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $246.15
    • Assembla, Inc = $38.00
    • Softlayer = $1667.49
    • TOTAL EXPENSES = $4,712.48

    July had a total shortfall of $1,664.48 with a final PayPal account balance of $9,625.23

    In August we got from donations: $2,259.99
    August had the following expenses:
    • PayPal fees = $131.99
    • K&H Bank = $1,500.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $246.15
    • Lomag Internet Services, LLC = $75.00
    • FDC Servers.net, LLC = $199.00
    • vBulletin Solutions, Inc. = $209.00
    • Softlayer = $1751.20
    • TOTAL EXPENSES = $4,112.34

    August had a total shortfall of $1,852.35 with a final PayPal account balance of $7,772.88

    In September we got from donations: $2,052.99
    September had the following expenses:
    • PayPal fees = $122.92
    • K&H Bank = $500.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $246.15
    • Assembla, Inc = $19.00
    • Softlayer = $1638.20
    • TOTAL EXPENSES = $2,536.27

    September had a total shortfall of $483.28 with a final PayPal account balance of $7,299.60

    In October we got from donations: $2,313.99.
    October had the following expenses:
    • PayPal fees = $133.47
    • K&H Bank = $800.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $226.15
    • Lomag Internet Services, LLC = $75.00
    • FDC Servers.net, LLC = $199.00
    • Assembla, Inc = $19.00
    • Softlayer = $1559.75
    • TOTAL EXPENSES = $3,012.37

    October had a total shortfall of $698.38 with a final PayPal account balance of $6,601.22

    In November we got from donations: $2,977.55.
    November had the following expenses:
    • PayPal fees = $168.86
    • K&H Bank = $1,165.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $226.15
    • FDC Servers.net, LLC = $199.00
    • Assembla, Inc = $60.00
    • Softlayer = $1638.20
    • TOTAL EXPENSES = $3,457.21
    November had a total shortfall of $479.66 with a final PayPal account balance of $6121.68

    In December we got from donations: $2,997.88.
    December had the following expenses:
    • PayPal fees = $175.12
    • K&H Bank = $2,293.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $226.15
    • FDC Servers.net, LLC = $199.00
    • Hosting Services, Inc = $147.38
    • Softlayer = $1595.34
    • TOTAL EXPENSES = $4,635.99

    December had a total shortfall of $1638.11 with a final PayPal account balance of $4,438.57

    NOTE: K&H Bank is our Hungarian bank account from which we pay NPO fees, accounting and lawyer fees.

    NOTE2: During the summer we had some problems with our provider relating to copyright issues. And even though SOE/LA/Disney had noting to do with those, it forced us to contact SOE/LA/Disney. After 6 months of trying to contact them directly and then through a few different lawyer companies, and after spending over $5,500 we finally got a reply. They just acknowledged that they received our email and that they will let us know when they come to a decision. Sounded a bit generic, but our servers are still up and running so we are hopeful.
    Last edited by Vlada; 03-20-2014 at 02:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Thorwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    331
    Thank you for the report!
    This is not looking very shiny... it seems that the account balance will be drifting more and more downwards this year!
    What happens when the balance reaches zero?
    -{IA}- Industrial Automaton
    Master Droid Engineering, Anchorhead / Tatooine


  3. #3
    CSR/Mod Lead Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    28,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwine View Post
    Thank you for the report!
    This is not looking very shiny... it seems that the account balance will be drifting more and more downwards this year!
    What happens when the balance reaches zero?
    Its going downwards because of the lawyer costs, until we receive an official reply from Disney we shouldn't have any more of those costs.

  4. #4
    Hi all, long time lurker here :P

    First things first, I can't praise enough the effort and dedication of the SWGemu team, and the involvement and love shown from the community. Thank you very much.

    That said... All that lawyers stuff gives me goosebumps. Besides the obvious, what can we expect from the change of the IP status? Now that Disney controls it, it's a better or worse situation that when Lucasarts/SOE did it?

  5. #5
    CSR/Mod Lead Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    28,355
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    That said... All that lawyers stuff gives me goosebumps. Besides the obvious, what can we expect from the change of the IP status? Now that Disney controls it, it's a better or worse situation that when Lucasarts/SOE did it?
    Actually i don't expect to see a change. We just asked them to honor the deal we have with SOE, and if they decide to do it, what would they need form us if anything. They acknowledged our email/letter more than a month ago and we are still here, so i dont think they consider us as relevant or a threat so I really think we will be able to get to some kind of agreement.

  6. #6
    Dedicated makednoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Republic of Macedonia
    Posts
    696
    damn those layers.

    1 letter 5.5k damn

    I will deliver that letter to disney on foot for those money.
    Naboo - Theed /way -4046, 3519

  7. #7
    CSR/Mod Lead Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    28,355
    Quote Originally Posted by makednoce View Post
    damn those layers.

    1 letter 5.5k damn

    I will deliver that letter to disney on foot for those money.
    Heh... it wasn't one letter.

  8. #8
    Well, everything you all do is Pricele$$.

    Thanks!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We just asked them to honor the deal we have with SOE...
    Excuse me if I'm asking something well known but, was that some tacit agreement based on a handshake? Or there is some physical evidence that we can bring to a court if needed?

  10. #10
    That decreasing balance is pretty scary. If everyone who plays or owns an account on the forums just donated $1.00 the balance would be going up for sure. Hopefully Disney lets off soon.
    Starsider-Cu to Nge.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Hi all, long time lurker here :P

    First things first, I can't praise enough the effort and dedication of the SWGemu team, and the involvement and love shown from the community. Thank you very much.

    That said... All that lawyers stuff gives me goosebumps. Besides the obvious, what can we expect from the change of the IP status? Now that Disney controls it, it's a better or worse situation that when Lucasarts/SOE did it?
    Hi, lurker here but I don't think Disney is gonna get anal over a game that has been discontinued for what 3 or 4 years now and only serves a rather niche market that being people who were already playing the game.

  12. #12
    hi,

    hope there will be no complication with disney, Thank you for the report, and thank to the swgemu team for keeping swgemu on the road and rebuild our game.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    70
    Hello,

    This was probably asked before but anyway... Are there other ways to contribute to the project financially then Paypal?
    I personally got my money blocked by Paypal already in the past, so I refuse to deal with them anymore.
    that's why I ask.

  14. #14
    CSR/Mod Lead Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    28,355
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajnr View Post
    Hello,

    This was probably asked before but anyway... Are there other ways to contribute to the project financially then Paypal?
    I personally got my money blocked by Paypal already in the past, so I refuse to deal with them anymore.
    that's why I ask.
    Not at the moment, no.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
    Hi, lurker here but I don't think Disney is gonna get anal over a game that has been discontinued for what 3 or 4 years now and only serves a rather niche market that being people who were already playing the game.
    It's not about the game, but the IP. Legally, it belongs to them now. Also, because money.
    Last edited by bigevil; 02-17-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: really?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts