SWGEmu Website Rules and Polices
Updated: October, 2013
The SWGEmu Staff
Voicing Your Concerns:
You can voice your concerns, or give us any feedback you may have here:
1. ACCOUNT GUIDELINES
SWGEmu Accounts are used to access the SWGEmu Network, including but not limited to: the SWGEmu Forums, Website, Test Center(s), Bug Tracker and IRC Server. All SWGEmu Users must follow the following rules in respect to their SWGEmu Account:
- 1.1 Multiple SWGEmu Accounts are not permitted. Each user may only have one account. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. Please see the Account Issues Policy for help.
- 1.2 Users under the age of 13 may only create an account to access the SWGEmu Network with the expressed permission of their Parent / Guardian under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act 1998.
- 1.3 If you are banned, it is not permitted to get back to the SWGEmu Network on an alternate account. You may contact an SWGEmu Community Manager to discuss the nature of your ban and its duration via email or private message. Submit a ticket to support.swgemu.com or send an email to [email protected] if you feel a ban has been issue unfairly.
- 1.4 Do not buy or sell your accounts, everything here is free, there is no need to pay for anything. Do not give your password to anyone, compromised accounts will be banned.
- 1.5 Account names and all subsequent user names must be appropriate or they will be banned.
2. WEBSITE AND FORUM CONDUCT GUIDELINES
In the interest of maintaining a constructive and equal environment for everyone, all users of the SWGEmu Forums and Website should follow these guidelines:
- 2.1 Spamming, baiting and trolling will not be tolerated. No harmful, abusive, racially, sexually or ethnically offensive, overtly sexual, illegal content or discussions.
- 2.2 Do not repost deleted or closed threads or posts.
- 2.3 No spam or advertisements
- 2.4 Do not post any user's real-world personal information without his or her expressed permission.
- 2.5 Do not impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are a SWGEmu Staff Member or a representative of any other community
- 2.6 Do not promote the use of illegal client. Any proven use of an illegal client will result in a ban.
- 2.7 Do not attempt to interfere with, hack into to or disrupt functionality of the servers which contribute to the SWGEmu Network. Or upload files or post a link that contains a virus or malicious data.
- 2.8 No R.I.P. threads unless the person is actually deceased, no '"goodbye" threads or posts for temporarily or permanently banned users.
- Respect each other. It's okay to argue, but try to settle flame wars in private messages.
- Respect the SWGEmu staff's authority.
- Please use only English to communicate. It is okay to use other languages in private messages and forums groups.
- Do not report same post repeatedly
- Refrain from posting about server status, it is frowned up on. For (somewhat) correct server info use our front page gadget www.swgemu.com, or our IRC #status channel.
- Please try to post in appropriate sections
- In situations where the interpretation, implementation, or specific application of a rule is called into question, it will default to the staff to provide guidance and ruling on such circumstance. Forum/game users may file an appeal to said ruling at the listed locations above in the "Voicing your concerns" section. All submissions will be reviewed by senior staff.
- When posting large pictures use a spoiler BBcode
~ The SWGEmu Staff