+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Rules, flameout, exploits and bans

Inactive QA
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well, I just made one. I guess I forgot about the anonymous option not working and how to workaround it.
    rommelrommel
    Inactive Quality Assurance

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    rommelrommel@swgemu.com | Trac Timeline

Inactive QA
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrayone View Post
    Interesting comment from a player who has not financially contributed. I'm just saying...
    And anyways, feel free to pick and choose what you quote obviously, but I was mostly agreeing with the decisions overall, just pointing out that people are entitled to their opinions about it. While the devs obviously run the show it's not as if the player/support base has absolutely no stake in what's happening. And, as the project relies on donations the devs don't operate in a vaccum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrystal View Post
    sadly people act this way , I would just ignore them because games'gamers have changed alot from back in the day they seem to want everything for free and they want everything there way.....
    And here's your little tag-along (who ironically hasn't made a contribution either unless he knows how to send money without getting credit for it)

How much money you donate doesn't make your ideas any better, how long ago you registered doesn't make your ideas any better, how many posts you make doesn't make your ideas any better. A few of those might speak to your committment but NONE of them should preclude anyone from expressing an opinion in a civil way.
    rommelrommel
    Inactive Quality Assurance

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    rommelrommel@swgemu.com | Trac Timeline

Running over a hill somewhere screaming "HELP!"
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrayone View Post
    Interesting comment from a player who has not financially contributed. I'm just saying...
    You know...if you were to look at my stats you would say the same thing to me...and you would be wrong since I would point you to my wife's account where the gold bars show up.

You know that whole "assume" thing?
    Last edited by Hiply; 12-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I'm glad you guys did something, but these people got off too easy. Players who would use an exploit in this way are NOT good players and will never be responsible members of this community. They should be culled from the ranks at every opportunity.

That said, there are plenty of things in this build that don't work like Pre-CU. Melee range, for example, was never restricted to 5M or less until the CU. I also don't recall non Jedi players being on the BH terminals until the NGE.

Speaking of which, can we get some sort of official statement regarding BH players willfully exploiting THAT bug? Will they be punished at least as severely as the flameout exploiters?
    Jedi Players were on the BH terminals before Jump to Lightspeed.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hit them Hard with the Bann stick Valada we dont need this to end up like Bloodfin(He who exploits best, Wins) Yes that was a jab at all the Zmann, Emrick and Xacius's out there .
    On a side note Keep up the Amazing work guys.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there still a 100% damage mitigation bug? I observed a player in pvp last night take out a number of overt enemy faction players. They made claims that they were unable to cause him any damage despite attacking various pools, with various weapons, various macros, skill tapes etc.. He claimed he was simply "better" than everyone else, but all seemed unconvinced. He stood still using emotes while other players attempted to do damage, and consistently failed. It was the standing still and spamming emotes while everyone failed do any damage that had me wondering.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcAngel3 View Post
    Is there still a 100% damage mitigation bug? I observed a player in pvp last night take out a number of overt enemy faction players. They made claims that they were unable to cause him any damage despite attacking various pools, with various weapons, various macros, skill tapes etc.. He claimed he was simply "better" than everyone else, but all seemed unconvinced. He stood still using emotes while other players attempted to do damage, and consistently failed. It was the standing still and spamming emotes while everyone failed do any damage that had me wondering.
    Combat log screenshots, fraps, etc. etc. Is needed to ban said individual, and doing this should be a perma ban.
    Everyone needs a friend.
    Vendors Located at -4619, 3055 Naboo, just south of Theed.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thego View Post
    Combat log screenshots, fraps, etc. etc. Is needed to ban said individual, and doing this should be a perma ban.
    One of the imp guys said he had screen shots etc. and planned to submit at ticket. For my part, I was just wondering if the bug still exists.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Okay I just did some more reading and found that 2 damage mitigation bugs have in fact been fixed. That's the information I was looking for. Note of thanks to all who invest time, energy and other support into this project. It has been very healing and enjoyable for so many people to spend time again inside this online playground

Play Stats
    11h last 30d
    ill admit i havent read thru the replies to see if this was asked..
    but if the person chose option 2....

and there exploit was the clue rewards?
    this means they get to keep these multiple clue rewards after a 2 month ban?
    Last edited by Bwill; 01-09-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    IGN- Wilba
    -4300 2880
    1300m south of theed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information