+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rules, flameout, exploits and bans

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Question: is stacking a **** ton of poison C's (you shouldn't be able to pre-cu, its bugged to where you can on basilisk) considered an exploit?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think its just a bug AZ.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm glad you guys did something, but these people got off too easy. Players who would use an exploit in this way are NOT good players and will never be responsible members of this community. They should be culled from the ranks at every opportunity.

That said, there are plenty of things in this build that don't work like Pre-CU. Melee range, for example, was never restricted to 5M or less until the CU. I also don't recall non Jedi players being on the BH terminals until the NGE.

Speaking of which, can we get some sort of official statement regarding BH players willfully exploiting THAT bug? Will they be punished at least as severely as the flameout exploiters?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by AzizaEno View Post
    You want the exploit to be carried over when it goes live... that they'll behave? Is that what you're saying?

If it's not the message you were trying to come across then I apologize, too much coffee and I've seen/read too many posters that just couldn't get the big picture, that what is really good for the game and not because it benefits "me, myself and I"
    nope all good what i was saying was it helps the devs that people are exploiting on the alpha server. when i say dont worry i mean those cheating will lose everything when the wipe happens. so its not a big deal to give them another chance. in a way this will assist with getting bugs cleaned up faster this way these bugs wont exist with live. nor will thier ill gotten assets. In regards to sploiting on the finished product i say ban them for life. One thing to do it in a test situation another to do it on a final copy that would be irreversible. I in no way shape or form support sploiting.
    Last edited by hunterk03; 08-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.

madderhatter777
    I didn't read through the whole thread, I don't have time.

But are you telling me that 10 hours of down time was to ban people like eternal?

Play Stats
    Inactive

Well Done!

Five things:
    1. First, let me thank the SWGEMU staff for all the hard work that they do to allow the rest of us to enjoy quality in-game time. THANK YOU!!!
    2. I am impressed with the judicious manner in which the team investigated the issue, related it to past issues, and decided the punishments
    3. The whole matter was dealt with better than most court systems could have done... nice job.
    4. I applaud the fact that those that were guilty of this offense were given a choice of lightened punishments based on the fact that we are still in a test environment.
    5. The actual punishment options seem fair and just.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Yes, but you live in a finished house, we on the other hand are still trying to build ours. What looks like trash atm can be used to reinforce a wall of the house later, so better to keep it around just in case.
    So you are saying that Exploiters that are used in this context as "Trash".. (Which might I add trash should never be used for anything but to be thrown away, that's why you have recycling bins and trash bin. Recycle good into reusable // Trash bad into unusable).. are able to be given an option on staying in the development stage or out for 2 months, either or it will still be trash and nothing more. Then once back in the development stage to be re used to *enforce are walls* with? I know China used there trash to *reinforce there walls* but that is just not ethical, which brings be to my next statement.
    Now the trash has sat out for 2 month to be brought back, which in all is still trash and still stinks of trash to be placed in our walls...

So now we have old smelly trash being placed into the newly developed structure, and hope that this trash by some means will not have an after effect for what it is?

Trash is not reusable, nor does trash have a good oder after sitting around for over a couple of months.

Now all this is under the standing that exploiters are defined in this situation as trash, if they are not then this message is completely irrelevant.

We have Warrant for the Mr. Honeyvager! He was caught assisting in training Mobs?

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    So since the flameout was considered a bug.. heck everything is a bug if it isnt working correctly does that mean that stacking poisons is a bug that when used during pvp which is purposly performed by that player it doesnt randomly occur or the player is not forced into a positon to use multiple poison C's is that considered an exploit and enforced by these rules?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Flamoet should be fixed, and... Look up, AZ already asked that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Congrads to the devs/staff of SWGEMU. but I must tell you that I was also very surprised!

Since week one range people have exploited night sisters that will not come within 12 meters of you! People know this is wrong but they do it anyways, not because it is fun but because of the loot!
    You knew that you could harvest every 15 seconds but people still abused it even though it was wide knowlege that is was suppose to be way over 20seconds
    combat medic exploit, NPC spawn exploit.. AFK ackalay .....

I could go on and on with this!
    The staff have done what they thought was right, even if i dissagree, they have tried. 100% A for effort...

The problem is not with the game it is with the mentality of current gamers.. The least amount of effort for the greatest amount of gain no matter who it hurts!

I am sorry but i must agree with previous posts this was a slap on the wrist to say the least! Once someone proves that they will not play by the rules they will not learn not in one week or 2 months or 10 years! Once people have proven that they have no ethics whatsoever they will never have it. In 2 months we will have the old piece of work back, or last night a new character was created run by the same piece of work and will do whatever they could to get as much as they can for the least amount of effort...

Sorry guys A for effort, but sometimes you need to cull the herd!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you for the update, Its very much appreciated .

Note to all:

Think on this...when you are invited to play in a friends house, spend time in that friends social circle and in general are made to feel like part of the family ...

THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DEMAND THEY REDECORATE SAID HOUSE IN COLORS MORE TO YOUR LIKING, SERVE ONLY FOOD YOU LIKE AND GIVE UP ANY SAY ON THE HOUSE RULES IN FAVOR OF YOURS!

We are the guests of the Devs... think before you flame.
    Last edited by Raven6056; 08-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Inactive QA
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven6056 View Post
    Thank you for the update, Its very much appreciated .

Note to all:

Think on this...when you are invited to play in a friends house, spend time in that friends social circle and in general are made to feel like part of the family ...

THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DEMAND THEY REDECORATE SAID HOUSE IN COLORS MORE TO YOUR LIKING, SERVE ONLY FOOD YOU LIKE AND GIVE UP ANY SAY ON THE HOUSE RULES IN FAVOR OF YOURS!

We are the guests of the Devs... think before you flame.
    Your friend doesn't ask for donations to pay the rent either.

I agree that there is no need to flame over this. But, exploiting does damage people's gameplay and the overall health/experience of the server. While I am of the kick em to the curb faction, I do also realize that the devs have taken quite a reasonable position. First off, cheaters are good at cheating and will probably continue to cheat. Having them in development makes it much more likely that these are found now rather than on Suncrusher. Also, the rules that were in place didn't really lead anyone to believe that blatent exploiting could lead to serious consequences. Now obviously everyone is on notice.

But, to say that people have no basis to express frustration that the same old people are getting away with the same old stuff is just wrong.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm a little late to this post and would like to thank the devs for how they followed through. I understand this isn't a finished server and what not, I read the rules and felt some things needed to be posted in public to test my concerns for rules being selectively enforced. The situation was a repeated occurance and I was truly curious to see what would happen this time , I am glad it didn't turn out to be a situation where everyone feels they are allowed to exploit anytime and anywhere

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Leave it to SWGemu to change rules after their friends get caught exploiting.

Very good and unbiased I see. Not to mention the reduction in bans.

"Oh you were caught cheating? Here's a new character."
    Bostwain

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
    Leave it to SWGemu to change rules after their friends get caught exploiting.

Very good and unbiased I see. Not to mention the reduction in bans.

"Oh you were caught cheating? Here's a new character."
    Hasn't it always been like this? :P

Gestorter Engel - Ent+Dancer+Musician
    Arihanna Jade - Image Designer+Tailor
    GestorterEngel - Swords/Doc
    Odissa - Rifleman+Combat Medic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information