+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rules, flameout, exploits and bans

Play Stats
    Inactive
    this is a nice update, glad to hear something is being done. But still, what about their alts? The houses, credits and other loot/belongings they have received from exploiting? My own personal opinion is have every character on their account taken/deleted, make them start from scratch. Again just my idea, not trying to tell devs what to do.
    <BONES> Mall
    Look for Millerlite's Vendors.
    Enhanced Weapons, Attachments and Loot Vendors - Corellia 268 -3160, North of Coronet

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i am glad that something was done about this, this restores my faith in this server.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploute View Post
    Okay so here is the real question, what about the BH bug with the Terminals?
    It's been fixed on unstable already (check TRAC)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Would say that this was handled well by staff, having the current state of the Emu in mind, development and all. It would have looked differently on a live server, as I'm sure we all know.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggan View Post
    i am glad that something was done about this, this restores my faith in this server.
    My point exactly. We got alot of new players here..(2012'ers in case you're wondering), who have TONS of games to play, to pick from. We've all been sucked in by the hype, the graphics, I have quad nVidia 670's and you don't so you can't play the game HAHA...the super releases we have waited years for, only to realize ,' Yeah ,the graphics are good...yeah, the voice acting IS thorough...but howcome they ruined helicopters ? Howcome 'they' took away commander? Howcome they gave Jedi to everybody? Howcome crafting and resources are an afterthought....

Then we come back to a game from nearly 9 years ago...All of a sudden, graphics don't matter anymore do they? TOTALLY don't give a f$#k do we ?
    ...Community and freedom are what matters.
    Grinding/'work' is rewarded again.

What If we THEN found out, or perceived, that the last SHREAD of integrity in all video game history (SWGemu staff in this case) was non-responsive to blatant corruption, we'd have nothing.

We would all end up playing Crysis of BattleDuty 17 on our facebook accounts via our iPhone7's while driving.

Praise the SwiggyMoo team for actually LISTENING to the cries of their 'customers' yesterday, something John Smedley and SONY never did.
    Last edited by PRONG; 08-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good read, thanks for the update.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That explains a lot.....
    <RYYK>
    Not a Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by PRONG View Post
    My point exactly. We got alot of new players here..(2012'ers in case you're wondering), who have TONS of games to play, to pick from. We've all been sucked in by the hype, the graphics, I have quad nVidia 670's and you don't so you can't play the game HAHA...the super releases we have waited years for, only to realize ,' Yeah ,the graphics are good...yeah, the voice acting IS thorough...but howcome they ruined helicopters ? Howcome 'they' took away commander? Howcome they gave Jedi to everybody? Howcome crafting and resources are an afterthought....

Then we come back to a game from nearly 9 years ago...All of a sudden, graphics don't matter anymore do they? TOTALLY don't give a f$#k do we ?
    ...Community and freedom are what matters.
    Grinding/'work' is rewarded again.

What If we THEN found out, or perceived, that the last SHREAD of integrity in all video game history (SWGemu staff in this case) was non-responsive to blatant corruption, we'd have nothing.

We would all end up playing Crysis of BattleDuty 17 on our facebook accounts via our iPhone7's while driving.

Praise the SwiggyMoo team for actually LISTENING to the cries of their 'customers' yesterday, something John Smedley and SONY never did.

Love the sig
    SWG - Chilastra -Jabzuu *Retired*
    DAoC -Merlin/Ywain -Jabz/Triumph/Kloser - *Active*
    SWGEmu -Basilisk -Terentatek - *Active*

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    The offenders must be laughing all the way to their bank.. Seems crime DOES pay in this game after all.
    I'll be happy to take a 2 month forum ban if you give me 100 mill worth of loot...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That wasn't an option available to them.
    IGNs: Kzn, Rzn, Fzn, Vzn, Hzn
    Vendor: -193, -3011 near Coronet

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nikj View Post
    That wasn't an option available to them.
    Wasn't it?
    If they chose option 1:
    They can just make and alt and play for 2 months with that alt. When the 2 moths are over they have 100 mill on their original toons. Tadaa.
    Last edited by Mosegris; 08-15-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosegris View Post
    The offenders must be laughing all the way to their bank.. Seems crime DOES pay in this game after all.
    I'll be happy to take a 2 month forum ban if you give me 100 mill worth of loot...
    the time you spend doing youre crimes and then the 2 months for 100 mil ? looks like poor income to me.

besides this is on a alpha server, who says there wount be a db wipe during the 2 months ?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosegris View Post
    Wasn't it?
    If they chose option 1:
    They can just make and alt and play for 2 months with that alt. When the 2 moths are over they have 100 mill on their original toons. Tadaa.
    Not without breaking the multiple account rules they can't.

And, really, I would guess that they're being watched fairly closely with regards to that.
    IGNs: Kzn, Rzn, Fzn, Vzn, Hzn
    Vendor: -193, -3011 near Coronet

Play Stats
    Inactive
    all toons are database linked i asume? so all items/creds gained, sold transfered become traceable data...
    Sony were able to catch all credits in game to account by adding >= booleans into the banking or inventory script, i remember reading about it.

(Lag, pet hate of mine!)
    Also on a note about lag! It was said once that, the animals left behind at nests which aren't killed should auto despawn after x amount of time!
    I was on naboo the other night, out hunting, it was nearly imposible to find my nest with all the left over mobs from killed nests.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    While I applaud the actions taken by the developement team, the severity of the case does not reflect the punishment IMHO... Character confiscation should be a given in this matter. Allowing them to retain ANYTHING from their exploitations is a HUGE FAIL otherwise. What does this say to offenders? I know what it says to me... it says hey... i can go to all the banks in my hometown and rob them of all their money, then if i get caught, i can do 2 years prison and keep the $20 million I just stole.... Id do 2 years for 20 million.... just sayin...

You should have stripped the account of all its belongings without warning and reset every toon on it to lvl 1. Anything less then that displays percieved weakness on the part of the Developement team. this is all just MY opinion, so take it with whatever you think its worth... Once again, I applaud your actions, they just werent harsh enuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information