+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85

Thread: Rules, flameout, exploits and bans

  1. #16
    Junior Member
    Points: 688, Level: 3
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    166
    Points
    688
    Level
    3
    this is a nice update, glad to hear something is being done. But still, what about their alts? The houses, credits and other loot/belongings they have received from exploiting? My own personal opinion is have every character on their account taken/deleted, make them start from scratch. Again just my idea, not trying to tell devs what to do.
    <BONES> Mall
    Look for Millerlite's Vendors.
    Enhanced Weapons, Attachments and Loot Vendors - Corellia 268 -3160, North of Coronet

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Points: 4,625, Level: 7
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registeredYour first Group

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    179
    Points
    4,625
    Level
    7
    i am glad that something was done about this, this restores my faith in this server.
    Gudrid Darksoul
    My Vendor - S-Cnet Mall

    SEA's And Lewt By Darksoul
    964 -6654
    Drop Off Location
    875 -6763
    Corellia - just outside of cnet

  3. #18

  4. #19
    Moderator
    Points: 21,325, Level: 15
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,225
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Lolindir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,891
    Points
    21,325
    Level
    15
    Would say that this was handled well by staff, having the current state of the Emu in mind, development and all. It would have looked differently on a live server, as I'm sure we all know.
    Lolindir
    Moderator

    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

  5. #20
    Member
    Points: 4,949, Level: 7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassYour first GroupThree FriendsVeteran
    PRONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    <districtNINE>
    Posts
    395
    Points
    4,949
    Level
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggan View Post
    i am glad that something was done about this, this restores my faith in this server.
    My point exactly. We got alot of new players here..(2012'ers in case you're wondering), who have TONS of games to play, to pick from. We've all been sucked in by the hype, the graphics, I have quad nVidia 670's and you don't so you can't play the game HAHA...the super releases we have waited years for, only to realize ,' Yeah ,the graphics are good...yeah, the voice acting IS thorough...but howcome they ruined helicopters ? Howcome 'they' took away commander? Howcome they gave Jedi to everybody? Howcome crafting and resources are an afterthought....

    Then we come back to a game from nearly 9 years ago...All of a sudden, graphics don't matter anymore do they? TOTALLY don't give a f$#k do we ?
    ...Community and freedom are what matters.
    Grinding/'work' is rewarded again.

    What If we THEN found out, or perceived, that the last SHREAD of integrity in all video game history (SWGemu staff in this case) was non-responsive to blatant corruption, we'd have nothing.

    We would all end up playing Crysis of BattleDuty 17 on our facebook accounts via our iPhone7's while driving.

    Praise the SwiggyMoo team for actually LISTENING to the cries of their 'customers' yesterday, something John Smedley and SONY never did.
    Last edited by PRONG; 08-15-2012 at 12:08 AM.


  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Points: 8,673, Level: 10
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,377
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Emerzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,925
    Points
    8,673
    Level
    10
    Good read, thanks for the update.
    =========<RYYK>=========

  7. #22
    Dedicated
    Points: 5,567, Level: 8
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Superjebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    930
    Points
    5,567
    Level
    8
    That explains a lot.....
    <RYYK>
    Rifleman/Commando.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    Considering that I wrote the code to make it that way, yes, I'm sure.

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    Points: 4,069, Level: 7
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Madatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    255
    Points
    4,069
    Level
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PRONG View Post
    My point exactly. We got alot of new players here..(2012'ers in case you're wondering), who have TONS of games to play, to pick from. We've all been sucked in by the hype, the graphics, I have quad nVidia 670's and you don't so you can't play the game HAHA...the super releases we have waited years for, only to realize ,' Yeah ,the graphics are good...yeah, the voice acting IS thorough...but howcome they ruined helicopters ? Howcome 'they' took away commander? Howcome they gave Jedi to everybody? Howcome crafting and resources are an afterthought....

    Then we come back to a game from nearly 9 years ago...All of a sudden, graphics don't matter anymore do they? TOTALLY don't give a f$#k do we ?
    ...Community and freedom are what matters.
    Grinding/'work' is rewarded again.

    What If we THEN found out, or perceived, that the last SHREAD of integrity in all video game history (SWGemu staff in this case) was non-responsive to blatant corruption, we'd have nothing.

    We would all end up playing Crysis of BattleDuty 17 on our facebook accounts via our iPhone7's while driving.

    Praise the SwiggyMoo team for actually LISTENING to the cries of their 'customers' yesterday, something John Smedley and SONY never did.

    Love the sig
    SWG - Chilastra -Jabzuu *Retired*
    DAoC -Merlin/Ywain -Jabz/Triumph/Kloser - *Active*
    SWGEmu -Basilisk -Terentatek - *Active*

  9. #24
    Junior Member
    Points: 2,309, Level: 5
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128
    Points
    2,309
    Level
    5
    The offenders must be laughing all the way to their bank.. Seems crime DOES pay in this game after all.
    I'll be happy to take a 2 month forum ban if you give me 100 mill worth of loot...
    Vendor **Bestine -1972 -3700**

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,413, Level: 4
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    187
    Points
    1,413
    Level
    4
    That wasn't an option available to them.
    IGNs: Kzn, Rzn, Fzn, Vzn, Hzn
    Vendor: -193, -3011 near Coronet

  11. #26
    Junior Member
    Points: 2,309, Level: 5
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128
    Points
    2,309
    Level
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by nikj View Post
    That wasn't an option available to them.
    Wasn't it?
    If they chose option 1:
    They can just make and alt and play for 2 months with that alt. When the 2 moths are over they have 100 mill on their original toons. Tadaa.
    Last edited by Mosegris; 08-15-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Vendor **Bestine -1972 -3700**

  12. #27
    Junior Member
    Points: 946, Level: 3
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    185
    Points
    946
    Level
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosegris View Post
    The offenders must be laughing all the way to their bank.. Seems crime DOES pay in this game after all.
    I'll be happy to take a 2 month forum ban if you give me 100 mill worth of loot...
    the time you spend doing youre crimes and then the 2 months for 100 mil ? looks like poor income to me.

    besides this is on a alpha server, who says there wount be a db wipe during the 2 months ?

  13. #28
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,413, Level: 4
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    187
    Points
    1,413
    Level
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosegris View Post
    Wasn't it?
    If they chose option 1:
    They can just make and alt and play for 2 months with that alt. When the 2 moths are over they have 100 mill on their original toons. Tadaa.
    Not without breaking the multiple account rules they can't.

    And, really, I would guess that they're being watched fairly closely with regards to that.
    IGNs: Kzn, Rzn, Fzn, Vzn, Hzn
    Vendor: -193, -3011 near Coronet

  14. #29
    Newbie
    Points: 1,126, Level: 4
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    stevengw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12
    Points
    1,126
    Level
    4
    all toons are database linked i asume? so all items/creds gained, sold transfered become traceable data...
    Sony were able to catch all credits in game to account by adding >= booleans into the banking or inventory script, i remember reading about it.

    (Lag, pet hate of mine!)
    Also on a note about lag! It was said once that, the animals left behind at nests which aren't killed should auto despawn after x amount of time!
    I was on naboo the other night, out hunting, it was nearly imposible to find my nest with all the left over mobs from killed nests.

  15. #30
    Member
    Points: 3,147, Level: 6
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Jaddynnstarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    479
    Points
    3,147
    Level
    6
    While I applaud the actions taken by the developement team, the severity of the case does not reflect the punishment IMHO... Character confiscation should be a given in this matter. Allowing them to retain ANYTHING from their exploitations is a HUGE FAIL otherwise. What does this say to offenders? I know what it says to me... it says hey... i can go to all the banks in my hometown and rob them of all their money, then if i get caught, i can do 2 years prison and keep the $20 million I just stole.... Id do 2 years for 20 million.... just sayin...

    You should have stripped the account of all its belongings without warning and reset every toon on it to lvl 1. Anything less then that displays percieved weakness on the part of the Developement team. this is all just MY opinion, so take it with whatever you think its worth... Once again, I applaud your actions, they just werent harsh enuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts