Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Publish 1: The Warren and Vendors

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    People always remember exactly how things worked at every patch, there is never any question there. The guide isn't perfect, and from JTL, not launch. I can't count how many times people remember things that never existed in the game, or are just plain retarded. People remember different things from different patches. The guide is overall way more accurate than collective memory. There are scrapbook guides to fill in some blanks and confirm points. The only thing memory is good for is a starting place to find real information and to fill in blanks when information just doesn't exist, which is rare. Let me guess, you could do better?
    I definitely could not do better, but I think according to the open source nature of the project it is important to do a lot of testing and get a lot of insight since this seems to be a relatively grey area at the moment. I was never attempting to belittle or begrudge anyone on the team. Instead, I thought it would be important to discuss something that for some reason was not listed in the patch notes and is a massive change to game play. I think you guys are ****ing extraordinary in both your efforts and diligence towards the project, but I also believe that the community has a lot to offer.

People remember what they want to remember from patches, but in the end I think its important to remember that this document is flawed just like anyone elses memory, screenshots, and opinions.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlad View Post
    Wow, did not mean to piss you off. I just did a little reading and I clearly was not understanding why some things were being pushed through so quickly. I thought, as this is a project based extensively on your expertise and the communities awareness and resources, it would be a good idea to discuss this since it was missing in the patch notes and a lot of people seemed to have conflicting opinions. I appreciate your work, and I am eternally grateful for everything you guys do, but I always knew the team for being focused more so on quality instead of quantity. It felt rushed (just my opinion) and I was concerned. Thank you for addressing my concerns in an organized post, I really appreciate that.

A) I had no idea those were still in the client from the original beta, but the guide including the states seemed to look like the guide makers did 0 research and just copied whatever info they saw first. You know first hand that a lot of the skills never worked like their descriptions. The guide lists every skill as it functions according to the in game tool tip, so I was very worried that this might become some kind of iron clad document when I felt it was lacking in correspondence. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

B) That makes a lot of sense, the wording itself is the most confusing part in the end it seems, not the actual functioning of the skill. It makes sense to me now that since this is how the targeting system works, it would be listed as a single target attack in that manner.

C) I'm glad to hear that the modifiers are closer now, but still kind of concerned why we didn't test them more thoroughly before throwing them on Basilisk. I am sure now though, that we will see how the tweaked values behave.

D) Never my intention, sorry for offending you. I too, want to see this game recreated at its best. I think being open and pointing things that a lot of people seem to have missed is an important factor, and that it goes hand in hand with the open source nature of the project.

Sorry again, for offending you or anyone else on the team.
    The internet, where you will be crucified for a single post because people aren't actually speaking to each other; just typing.
    Dame Duclare
    Team Xavia

Retired Communications Team Manager

dame@swgemu.com | swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you Devs, keep the ball rolling!
    IGNs ---> Boosted - HellBoy - BMcNasty

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    Because they calculate out to be exactly what they were before...we just changed the way they were calculated.
    Well then I completely misunderstood how everything was being factored in and I completely apologize. I thought I was raising awareness and hoping for a community discussion/opinion when I was actually being more counter productive. Thanks for taking the time to educate me on how the game works and how these factors were being calculated in. Clearly I had a misunderstanding of the mechanics at the very core (which is probably why I am a terrible coder to begin with).

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    From the forums? Ban this moron from the game.. don't need idiots like this around here.
    For what? Expressing an opinion? Just because it's not a well-liked opinion doesn't make it ban worthy.

Quit jumping on the 'hate Azlad' band wagon - he said something that rubbed cRush the wrong way - cRush is a big boy, he can take care of his own problems.

Who knows, it may be you that says something that goes over badly in the future you know.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is very good news!!! Thanks Devs!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Actually feel a bit sorry for you there Azlad, you got a bit more heat than you deserved.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

You just picked the wrong thread to pick a fight, lol. You just get to be that guy for a minute and its back to usual later.
    Kyle
    Retired
    Leaving > Staying

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Draga View Post
    Azlad should get a temp-ban from teh forum for being such an armchair-neckbeareded programming nerd. Nerd being in-place of a more less-forum appropriate word.

GTFO Azlad....just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by papilove View Post
    ban this clown please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    From the forums? Ban this moron from the game.. don't need idiots like this around here.
    Damn, just pointing out some things I noticed from reading the forums diligently. Haters gonna hate.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

You just picked the wrong thread to pick a fight, lol. You just get to be that guy for a minute and its back to usual later.
    Hahahahahaha

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Everyone take a chill pill and get back to telling Devs how awesome they are.

Would be a shame to close this thread.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Actually feel a bit sorry for you there Azlad, you got a bit more heat than you deserved.
    I concur.

That said, he did jump into a currently simmering fray as a knee-jerk reaction caused by incomplete knowledge. People are still tender in the damage calculation area, so touching it gets you snapped at a bit.

Once Bas is back up, most people will forget about the whole thing.
    -Confusion is a state of mind, or is it?

Lefia Hawes <TBI>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Everyone take a chill pill and get back to telling Devs how awesome they are.

Would be a shame to close this thread.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Haha I don't mind being that guy. Not gonna let rage get to me. I really didn't mean to offend any of you guys, you guys are resurrecting my favorite game of all time. The only game I still consistently tell stories to people about long after it has been buried. This project is so freaking amazing, and the only reason I posted anything in the first place was because at the end of the thread I listed in the dev discussion I still had absolutely no idea what was being implemented, how it was going to work, and what was going to change.

I love calculating my damage out and crunching numbers in general for theorycrafting my character on paper, so when I had a lot of blanks left I just figured I would post some things that I noticed and felt were undocumented. Didn't expect to incite massive rage. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, and cRush too. Just shows that you guys have no problem showing everyone what you do, how you do it, and why you do it. If anything, it adds more power to the project.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by muqluk View Post
    For what? Expressing an opinion? Just because it's not a well-liked opinion doesn't make it ban worthy.

Quit jumping on the 'hate Azlad' band wagon - he said something that rubbed cRush the wrong way - cRush is a big boy, he can take care of his own problems.

Who knows, it may be you that says something that goes over badly in the future you know.
    You are correct and I apologize. Should never have posted.

Thread Information