Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Player Events!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hello Kreen!

Some of the player events I've really enjoyed over the years in SWG and in other games are/were:
    • Date Auctions
    • Beach Party
    • Lottery
    • The Nomad Market on SW:G
    • Concerts
    • Quick stage plays
    • Hour-two hour "bartender on duty" informal RP in Cantina
    • Watching Speeder races
    • Holiday Themed Parties
    • Balls/Dances/Formals

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow that sounds totally great Ameria'Rah. I just registered here because I used to play back in '04 up to the end of the servers and got interested in this emu, I'm happy to see there are active players on these servers I can't wait to get it downloaded. I remember all the costume contests and ball dances ; u ;

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I always enjoyed the coordinated and large-scale entertainer musicals! Those were awesome!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Anything Story/GCW driven would be great, but i'm up for anything.
    Captain Varan Grimez
    First Platoon Commanding Officer
    Imperial Army
    Priority Sector 23 'Kolana'

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Loved the old GCW that was started in Liberator where the public PVP events were hosted across multiple planets and cities on those planets it was Called Friday Fight Nights really enjoyed how many showed up. I love the one on one PVP and maybe running away when outnumbered by imperial special ops but there is nothing like getting a massive army for both sides and waging a war battle for a night and then the thought of knowing the war wasn't over more battles were coming, the structure/rules for the Friday fight night had potential! Especially with a maxed server population( would stress that multiple players per account be disabled temporarily for this just so if some were trying to get on server to enjoy the event they might not get the chance because everyone has 2 people on which would be sad)!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    On the Old Corbantis we had an event where non-faction players could choose which faction they wanted to fight beside at wayfar. There were CSR buffers and healers there. That was a ball for veterans and noobs alike.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by casvale View Post
    Don't know if anyone remembers the "Tusken Event" from Wayfar back in the early days of the original SWG, but that was a ton of fun. Basically there was a large Tusken camp located very close to Wayfar. It kept rapidly spawning really tough Tusken raiders. Players had setup siege camps with doctors and entertainers to help sustain the fight. It was a bug that resulted in the situation, but it was a ton of fun and for many of us was very memorable.

I know this occurred on Kauri, maybe not on all servers though. I think that something like that, or even with the Tuskens attempting to invade the town (once enough player characters are detected in the area) would be a ton of fun and very memorable.
    I remember something like this happening...
    Just remember seeing something in global about it so i went to the town (cant remember which) and sure enough it was being attacked by tuskens and they were stupid tough, there were tons of player fighting them back cant remember how long it lasted. I think the tuskens had standard names but big ham and hit allot harder.
    It was cool and i got a world event badge. i think they did another one with kraytes or it was the same one just finished with kraytes. its been too long.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have to say that I am really happy to see this getting put in. during the last year and a half that the live servers were running, myself and a few of the folks I am playing with on here now put together and held large scale server parties during holiday times (GMF, Life Day, Empire Day / Rememberance Day) usually with a theme tying in to the holiday. because we had storyteller props, we could set up these large parties on Eclipse without having to get the devs involved - though for my first big server party we did have one of the devs and a couple of the senators to come out and enjoy the activities: haunted house deco contest, dueling and mass PvP arenas were set up, fishing contest, lotto house, costume contest and swoop races. there were lots of prizes for the winners and runners up (lot of collectable items and credits) as well as crafted trophies for each part of the event.

I would love to see some of that come in to play here, though I know thats a lot to even consider. I do like though that you guys would be able to come out and add some spice to events that players look to do. dueling / PvP events are always a hit, so being able to generate some kind of "arena" type area would be a great thing. like flagging off a particular spot where once players entered they flagged up.

if it were possible to set up a swoop track, that would be great too. even if folks had to locate their parties near that area, I dont think that they would complain. trying to set up a swoop race course just by sending out the wp's and getting people to sit on those points to make sure folks werent skipping spots is just too complicated and honestly takes the fun out of it.

kreen I would be really happy to sit down with you at some point and toss out some further ideas on this if you were available. one of the things that folks in my guild are already asking is when I am going to get back to hosting events lol, so this is a welcome post to see!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rpratt3880 View Post
    if it were possible to set up a swoop track, that would be great too. even if folks had to locate their parties near that area, I dont think that they would complain. trying to set up a swoop race course just by sending out the wp's and getting people to sit on those points to make sure folks werent skipping spots is just too complicated and honestly takes the fun out of it.
    We do swoop races a bit differently here =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMIt-BInZg
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a question, if we have an event that's open to the public, would it be possible to get badges? Or are those restricted to the public events run by the events team? Just curious on that.

But I would love to see a hide and seek event, where you have to find someone based off certain clues.
    I would also like to see more attack/defend events, such as the Tusken event already mentioned.
    Originally from Radiant
    Gokaic Egaci
    Hongoro Egaci

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jj8926 View Post
    Just a question, if we have an event that's open to the public, would it be possible to get badges? Or are those restricted to the public events run by the events team? Just curious on that.
    You can request it, yes, though we may suggest a different badge if we feel the one you're requesting isn't possible. (ex: You request everyone be given Master Ranger badges. We... won't do that haha)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Scaaavenger Hunt!

But seriously,

Scavenger Hunt.
    SWG - Chilastra -Jabzuu *Retired*
    DAoC -Merlin/Ywain -Jabz/Triumph/Kloser - *Active*
    SWGEmu -Basilisk -Terentatek - *Active*

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    You can request it, yes, though we may suggest a different badge if we feel the one you're requesting isn't possible. (ex: You request everyone be given Master Ranger badges. We... won't do that haha)
    Haha thanks for the response. I mostly meant badges such as "Has participated in xyz."

Thanks for the response though, I'm sure it may help others with better ideas =P
    Originally from Radiant
    Gokaic Egaci
    Hongoro Egaci

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jj8926 View Post
    Haha thanks for the response. I mostly meant badges such as "Has participated in xyz."
    At this time, we can only award badges already in the game. No custom badges. Yet =)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    CSRs on Lowca set up 2 bases with 3 factional bases on each side facing each other... Was pretty fun.
    Enfilade <FEDS>

Bounty Hunting Droids and Drop off
    Kaadara, Naboo 5587, 6165

Thread Information