Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Player Events!

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive

Introducing Player Events!

Hey guys!

As many of you may or may not know, being an Event Coordinator also entails being available for player-requested events. We've done this in the past primarily on a case-to-case basis, often starting with a forum message. What a lot of you don't know is that there's actually a form and process for this. So starting now, we'd like to officially and publicly announce that YES, we do player-requested events!

At the moment, this is limited to the Basilisk Server and not TC: Nova. At the top of this forum, you'll find a sticky of the request form that you can fill out and email to events@swgemu.com to request EC assistance at your event!

I'm going to leave this thread open as a discussion area for the topic. What sorts of things do you guys normally like to request at player events? Do you have questions about what we can do? This is the place to ask!

<3 The Event Coordinators
    Last edited by Kreen; 09-02-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    first off, LOVE this

second, hmmm....well there's hack and slash, story driven, puzzle heavy, ic, ooc, party...as in throw a party, drink, dance, etc. so many types of events, and can mix and match
    SWGEmu is recreating 14.1 game mechanics, they are NOT recreating SOE policy.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    got to say story driven is some of my favorite events from back in the day...someone actually creating a small saga for your characters to create their(your/the characters) memories in.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Let me ask this:

If there is an event of some sort that a player wishes to do, how far do you allow the event to go? Would it involve spawned NPCs / creatures? Can you CREATE creatures, control them directly?

I am essentially asking "Would this be similar to a DM event in a D&D game?" How far would you be able to take the event?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can you puppet/play ventriloquist NPCs for player events, if there is a script for dialogue?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by swglilithiel View Post
    Can you puppet/play ventriloquist NPCs for player events, if there is a script for dialogue?
    This is something I really want to be able to do in the future, but it's not implemented right now.

Especially for now, "what all we can do" is gonna change a lot as updates are made. For example, we have no way to buff in-game right now, but that should change soon! =)

Cegati, we can spawn creatures and NPCs, though forced dialogue isn't available yet. But we're able to take the event as far as we need! The only things we won't do are generating prizes/credits/badges for private events (event closed from the public).
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Noted for future events i may do! Thanks Kreen

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hummmm interesting...

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    player vs player plz

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Don't know if anyone remembers the "Tusken Event" from Wayfar back in the early days of the original SWG, but that was a ton of fun. Basically there was a large Tusken camp located very close to Wayfar. It kept rapidly spawning really tough Tusken raiders. Players had setup siege camps with doctors and entertainers to help sustain the fight. It was a bug that resulted in the situation, but it was a ton of fun and for many of us was very memorable.

I know this occurred on Kauri, maybe not on all servers though. I think that something like that, or even with the Tuskens attempting to invade the town (once enough player characters are detected in the area) would be a ton of fun and very memorable.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by casvale View Post
    Don't know if anyone remembers the "Tusken Event" from Wayfar back in the early days of the original SWG, but that was a ton of fun. Basically there was a large Tusken camp located very close to Wayfar. It kept rapidly spawning really tough Tusken raiders. Players had setup siege camps with doctors and entertainers to help sustain the fight. It was a bug that resulted in the situation, but it was a ton of fun and for many of us was very memorable.

I know this occurred on Kauri, maybe not on all servers though. I think that something like that, or even with the Tuskens attempting to invade the town (once enough player characters are detected in the area) would be a ton of fun and very memorable.
    That wouldn't be too hard to implement actually. It'd be a script that started when enough players were in a town, probably with a long cooldown before it could be called again.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by casvale View Post

I remember something like this happening...
    Just remember seeing something in global about it so i went to the town (cant remember which) and sure enough it was being attacked by tuskens and they were stupid tough, there were tons of player fighting them back cant remember how long it lasted. I think the tuskens had standard names but big ham and hit allot harder.
    It was cool and i got a world event badge. i think they did another one with kraytes or it was the same one just finished with kraytes. its been too long.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Cantina crawllllllll :d

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I used to work with my buddy Pex doing the cantina crawls back in the day. miss those times hehe had great fun making the music vids lol.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I know the Last Dance pre-wipe party was a blast! I look forward to upcoming events for sure!

Master Droid Engineer ~ <TRADE> Trade Coalition - Queen's Market, Naboo

Thread Information