Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Introducing Player Events!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Town grudge match

As we all know every one says there town is better than the next town so why not have town grudge matches where your mayor can vote for which town they would like to battle. Winner gets bragging rights.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    town grudge matches. Cuz my town is better than your town so there.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is great I can't wait to participate in an event!!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Events of the Past

In the past I very much enjoyed the swoop races set in specific locations like certain cities and POI's.

I also liked the event NPC purchases one could make back in the day. Those added a little fun to player events. The jukebox was an especially cool purchase and it looked great as a prop for events like our player city cantina when everyone was getting buffed for a big player-staged PvP event on Dantooine.

Also, I used to host funny little events, some of which were official. I hosted a fashion show first, which involved only 4-socket exceptional looking clothing that were most useful to all classes with ca's already attached and ready to go. So like a very high or max stat extention piece of clothing for wound treatment or for various experimentation types. The bids were really high. We had an auctioneer announcing and taking bids (bank tip only to track) starting with a minimum bid. It involved being a Tailor and knowing a lot of people with the best stuff to invite into the event and staging it at a time/date when the server was very busy and everyone would be available to be there. At any rate, an auctioneer would be expected to write down what sold for how much and who the money goes to and they would be able to hold funds and turn them over to the vendors. Coordinate a LOT of clothing and spam at major cities for a week that it is taking place so people can save up enough cash for these expensive pieces. Not everyone will have enough on hand. The venue was the Grand Theatre on Vreni Island POI, which is a performance venue with a stage. You can enlist your favorite entertainers and get a master image designer to help coordinate the theme for the event. Get a jukebox if and when they are available and set the song to something elegant! If not, get your best musician in there and put on a nice show opener. Someone, probably the organizer, will need to play majordomo and announce the event. It is okay to bring in a temporary noob character as Auctioneer for the event. It would be fun to see them in a tux.

Additionally, there were the jedi tournaments on Bria. These were officially staged and Vader as well as Mara Jade would make appearances. It was very exciting! I worked really hard to get people there and posted screenies online ^_^. They were invited for various in game reasons, to preside over the occasions in the darker, more difficult to get to tournament locations such as the Temple of the Blueleaf on Yavin IV. All this involves is mailing and sending a /tell to the Jedi you know first to gather interest and see if they would do something like this event. Then once you have a few, especially prominent Jedi, invite the Jedi you don't know very well and inform everyone a date and time is pending since you're contacting the GM's to officiate the event. Once that's done, write your most prominent Jedi first with a date/time when people are most commonly online like a Friday evening and see if that is good for them. Once a date and time has been pinned down, inform the GM coordinating with you. When they consent to assist on that date/time specifically, contact all the participants by mail so they don't forget informing of the date and time confirmation and set down the rules: a) buffs will be of equal stats b) in some tournament events holocrons will be allowed, in some they will not c) there is an unbuffed tournament event to start so arrive unbuffed and our doctors/ents will see to you after. Some locations have a lot of mobs around. Blueleaf had all these klikniks. The participants will be prepared to fight them. Pay a couple master doctors to attend to the Jedi only at the event for 2 hours or so and buy them multi-packs of the **same level** buffs-this is important. Lots of wound packs and stims will be needed, Docs. Pay a couple of master ents to buff at the event, they will also receive tips. Give the ents and docs lots of notice and make sure they can be there at that date and time or it will all go catastrophically wrong. Since these are people you'll probably play with during your usual game time anyway, it is not often that will happen. Make sure they are aware that it will last at least 2 hours and that they can remain for the duration. Come up with some fun ideas for rounds or bouts, it is a tourney or like a twisted pageantry. You'll possibly even be able to negotiate display props you normally wouldn't get. I was allowed to place a Jukebox, which was awesome given the mood music for a location like Blueleaf. In the end, so many showed up just to watch there was scarcely enough room. The GM's were more like door security, having a couple in the crowd ensuring people didn't do stuff to spoil the fun for everyone. The Jedi really got to duke it out against each other and test their skills. They also were tested by the best melee classes, some of the ******* on our server that could take Jedi solo. It was pretty damn cool. I hosted one on the roof of my mansion on Tatooine, too. PRIZES: Prizes should be equivalent to the contest. For the first round of unbuffed fighting, it was not for any prize [give em some credits cash!]. That was a fun spectacle or just an opener. I played at majordomo or got other more prominent players to announce events (not participants) as each round started or would be started. Then I coordinated where participants need to stand and when they should be ready by and told the announcer when buf***e was nearly done for participants. The second prize was a light or dark side holocron of exceptional quality. The third would be a pristine krayt dragon pearl. If you don't have these laying around, ask for donations before the event. I did and I got everything. Even 3 pearls of 3 qualities. 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Plus lots of credits with each prize! The grand prize was an AV-21.
    You have a lot of freedom to provide prizes. What would be EXTRA AWESOME is that they get a badge for winning the tournament, but it's up to the Devs to allow player event badges. At the very least, winners should put it in their bio. It would be super cool if an Artisan or Architect built a display trophy for each level of winner.

Event location ideas for Jedi (when we get them) or other combat events: Temple of Exar Kun? Light Jedi Enclave or High Hall of the Dark Jedi Enclave. The Blueleaf Temple is so darn cool, I recommend it for any combat related tourney. It's in the middle of nowhere, so dying is a good way to get home quickly.

In the old days, Pex was a major helper in making it happen. When you're not sure about how to coordinate something big, don't let the complexity of your dream get in the way. Help is at hand here.
    Last edited by Foxly; 03-30-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think I know the answer to this but wanted to know for sure.

A few of us were interested in using a few static buildings as the setting for a player event, and to make it perfect a few minor modifications would need to be made with the placement of a few furniture pieces. Primarily, in the Naboo capital building the table on the center dias is too large. When player sit at it, the table comes to their chest and the players then look like children. This is also true for one of the two ... meetings rooms in Theed Palace before the central stair. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to change out those tables for the smaller table of the same style? Also, if we were to host a ball in Theed Palace if we could decorate it in a more festive fashion?

I am hoping we can do it but am not sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfire View Post
    I think I know the answer to this but wanted to know for sure.

A few of us were interested in using a few static buildings as the setting for a player event, and to make it perfect a few minor modifications would need to be made with the placement of a few furniture pieces. Primarily, in the Naboo capital building the table on the center dias is too large. When player sit at it, the table comes to their chest and the players then look like children. This is also true for one of the two ... meetings rooms in Theed Palace before the central stair. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to change out those tables for the smaller table of the same style? Also, if we were to host a ball in Theed Palace if we could decorate it in a more festive fashion?

I am hoping we can do it but am not sure.
    csr can do this. i witnessed it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by brandnew View Post
    csr can do this. i witnessed it.
    Really!?!!! Exciting news indeed! Here in Emu?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yes at the entertainer conference furniture has been move down to have view over the table.
    (it was placed by staff, and im sure any item able to target can be moved)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wow, then this is great news!!! Looks like a Spring Ball in Theed Palace is on the horizon! Amongst a few other events! Need to check my calender now!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would really like to see an event that has something to do with the major players in the Star Wars universe. Possibly Vader, Luke, Leah, Han, whoever requesting certain members or factions or ranking officers be part of a specific battle or requireing assistance from your charicter or several players assistenc in acomplishing a goal.

Thread Information