Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Player Events!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimez View Post
    Anything Story/GCW driven would be great, but i'm up for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viviiii View Post
    Loved the old GCW that was started in Liberator where the public PVP events were hosted across multiple planets and cities on those planets it was Called Friday Fight Nights really enjoyed how many showed up. I love the one on one PVP and maybe running away when outnumbered by imperial special ops but there is nothing like getting a massive army for both sides and waging a war battle for a night and then the thought of knowing the war wasn't over more battles were coming, the structure/rules for the Friday fight night had potential! Especially with a maxed server population( would stress that multiple players per account be disabled temporarily for this just so if some were trying to get on server to enjoy the event they might not get the chance because everyone has 2 people on which would be sad)!
    I can't believe I didn't mention GCW events. Those were the most fun... ever! If it wasn't an open field battle with Stormtroopers, AT-ST & Darktroopers against Rebel soldiers then it was the Rebels causing an uprising in Bestine or in Theed! You get the players who were involved and they get TEF'd then you would eventually have a PvP fight in the midst of the spawned NPCs duking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by rpratt3880 View Post
    I have to say that I am really happy to see this getting put in. during the last year and a half that the live servers were running, myself and a few of the folks I am playing with on here now put together and held large scale server parties during holiday times (GMF, Life Day, Empire Day / Rememberance Day) usually with a theme tying in to the holiday. because we had storyteller props, we could set up these large parties on Eclipse without having to get the devs involved - though for my first big server party we did have one of the devs and a couple of the senators to come out and enjoy the activities: haunted house deco contest, dueling and mass PvP arenas were set up, fishing contest, lotto house, costume contest and swoop races. there were lots of prizes for the winners and runners up (lot of collectable items and credits) as well as crafted trophies for each part of the event.

I would love to see some of that come in to play here, though I know thats a lot to even consider. I do like though that you guys would be able to come out and add some spice to events that players look to do. dueling / PvP events are always a hit, so being able to generate some kind of "arena" type area would be a great thing. like flagging off a particular spot where once players entered they flagged up.

if it were possible to set up a swoop track, that would be great too. even if folks had to locate their parties near that area, I dont think that they would complain. trying to set up a swoop race course just by sending out the wp's and getting people to sit on those points to make sure folks werent skipping spots is just too complicated and honestly takes the fun out of it.

kreen I would be really happy to sit down with you at some point and toss out some further ideas on this if you were available. one of the things that folks in my guild are already asking is when I am going to get back to hosting events lol, so this is a welcome post to see!
    ^^^ This.

Empire Day events were fun. I'd like to see a Parade with the Emperor and a buttton of Stormtroopers marching through Theed. That'd be cool! Lol.

... has mastered all 32 professions

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by robertckenney View Post
    CSRs on Lowca set up 2 bases with 3 factional bases on each side facing each other... Was pretty fun.
    That was an epic battle

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    We do swoop races a bit differently here =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMIt-BInZg
    lol ah yes the versatile stage prop every event planners best friend

this is a cap from my last ED / RD event on live. it was my biggest "build" using stage props yet:

http://gauntlgrym.com/ed_rd_event/screenShot1780.jpg

3 days...more than 300 stages to create a wrap around platform with a tunnel in front of a large naboo house to allow players to stand on the walk way outside and watch the pet duels that were held on the large platform. this was for my last ED / RD event on Eclipse. we should compare notes sometime Kreen
    Last edited by rpratt3880; 07-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I miss Pex!
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Pikeman/M. Doctor)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Pex was BMOC when it came to events. met him for a quick minute during the end of game event I held on Eclipse. when I started doing events, one of the folks who offered their help in working the day of suggested I read back in the forums and elsewhere on some of the events Pex had done. gave me a lot of inspiration for some of the crazy set ups I made lol. Drakk as well - he was always a big supporter in people doing events on Eclipse since he played there (even after he left SOE). our last GMF event he donated several million credits for prize money, which was really cool.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sent in my first player event request. Whee. This might be fun.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im still a bit unclear on what is within the boundaries for an event. For example, can we create factions or rules of engagement? What If I want to be able to allow players to create teams and battle regardless of faction? Can I designate objectives, like kill/destroy, capture (stand near it for a certain amount of time, basically), or even arrive at? Can I designate said objectives on players? NPCs? Other props? And can I place props myself? Will planning the event involve working closely with a coordinator to plan, place, and run the event, or will I just have permission to go about it as I described and be supplied with props?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingbush View Post
    Im still a bit unclear on what is within the boundaries for an event. For example, can we create factions or rules of engagement? What If I want to be able to allow players to create teams and battle regardless of faction? Can I designate objectives, like kill/destroy, capture (stand near it for a certain amount of time, basically), or even arrive at? Can I designate said objectives on players? NPCs? Other props? And can I place props myself? Will planning the event involve working closely with a coordinator to plan, place, and run the event, or will I just have permission to go about it as I described and be supplied with props?
    The only boundaries are the actual limits of what is coded into the game. To answer your questions, I cannot create custom factions, but eventually I should get TEFs working (possibly even group TEFs).

You will organize everything about your event, including objectives, rules of engagement, etc. The Event Coordinators will enforce those objectives. For example, if the event randomly picks a player as the "target" for others to kill, the ECs will broadcast a message regarding the target and TEF them to make them attackable. However, keep in mind that we can veto any aspect of your event, so keep it reasonable!

Props are placed by the Event Coordinator, since you will not be given any admin permissions for the event. You will work very closely with us, and we'll likely be grouped with you for the duration of the event. For most all events, there's usually a practice or dry-run before the event date so we can show you what props we can use, what the set up will be like, and how it will logistically work. It's at this dry run that you will see your event unfold and be able to make changes/additions.

Hope that helps!
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a quick update! Thanks to Kellina, we have a new ticketing system to handle player event requests! If you've ever submitted an SWGEmu Support ticket, it's the same thing. All you have to do now is email your request to events@swgemu.com instead of my personal email. All of our talks/screenshots/examples/etc will happen on that ticket!
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    On Kettemoor we used to put on staged murder mysteries with clues and whatnot and a reward for bring the murderer to justice.

"The wookie in the study with a CDEF pistol!"

At any rate, very happy to see this being offered.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Kreen = new Pex?

/superexcited
    Showcase May 4th, 2010

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo8401 View Post
    On Kettemoor we used to put on staged murder mysteries with clues and whatnot and a reward for bring the murderer to justice.

"The wookie in the study with a CDEF pistol!"

At any rate, very happy to see this being offered.
    Oh my gosh that'd be so awesome if we had events like that on here. =)
    Showcase May 4th, 2010

Play Stats
    33h last 30d
    I loved stand up comedy nights, they were some of the best events I went to. Concerts and stage plays, the occasional wedding - good times.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I want a swoop race! I have been wanting to host another party, but that swoop race looked like a great amount of fun! What planet was that on? I am so gonna send in a request!

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    once implemented there could be giant public weddings
    Returning player

Thread Information