Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Event] Get a Clue...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    I can do anything mwahahah.
    I bet you can't make a crafting loot system!

*stands back and crosses her fingers*
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    So you have a brilliant suggestion for how crafters could "loot" things in an event that is of equal difficulty to combat, as not to unbalance things. Please share.
    You got to think out of the box so to speak. You could have it be "loot" for combat classes. Crafted, surveyed and/or sampled by crafting classes. For example: craft "X" items and you have a chance that a "clue" disk will be given. Same with surveying and sampling. Same could be done for Entertainers/ID.

Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    Thought it was very well done, even though I couldn't participate.
    Seeing as I don't have a combat toon past novice marksman, I didn't even know about the event till about 3 days ago. But from what I heard it was done quite well.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Malady View Post
    You got to think out of the box so to speak. You could have it be "loot" for combat classes. Crafted, surveyed and/or sampled by crafting classes. For example: craft "X" items and you have a chance that a "clue" disk will be given. Same with surveying and sampling. Same could be done for Entertainers/ID.
    The problem with crafting is that you'd have to alter the code either for the crafting manager or the draft schematic to add those probabilities in there. With combat, it's a simple matter of adding something to the loot tables, where creatures pull from to decide what they drop based on a percentage. Crafting doesn't work that way.

That means, it's easy to add something like a new item to drop from the loot tables than it would be to add an item spawning from a crafting session. Though it's possible, you would have to alter the code away from 14.1, the goal of the project. Adding something to a loot table doesn't alter code.

Now watch, cRush is gonna take this as a challenge and find a way. Crafting loot tables or something =)
    I think you missed my other reply. It's simple to think "have a set percentage to get an item while crafting," but it's much more complicated to implement that. Combat loot tables, on the other hand, are actually made to do that. Not the crafting interface.

Don't worry, we think outside of the box for a lot of our events, and we're working on an idea to get the non-combat professions involved in our next big event =)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think you missed my other reply. It's simple to think "have a set percentage to get an item while crafting," but it's much more complicated to implement that. Combat loot tables, on the other hand, are actually made to do that. Not the crafting interface.

Don't worry, we think outside of the box for a lot of our events, and we're working on an idea to get the non-combat professions involved in our next big event =)
    I did miss that. Sorry. Here is a thought. How about using the Artisan mission terminal and add artisan crafting missions? Or add something to the resource spawner so an item could be hand sampled? Just ideas!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think is was with the Krayt Dragon that snuck in the cantina :P

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are working on some event ideas that will incorporate all professions in some way. It will take quite a bit of planning and preparation though =]
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome, great to hear. I love all you devs
    Manzinus - Master Chef, [Bantha Bistro]

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When is this event going to end?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by flap flap View Post
    When is this event going to end?
    The Clue disks will probably stop dropping on the next merge (with vendors/bazaars). The actual quest will probably just stay in there until 1.0.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    How many is there in total? i have 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9. and all copies of those numbers....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    nvm I found out how many there is

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Kreen, quick question..
    I have been crafting and didnt get to decent pistol skill until last week, Since then I have killed over 1000+ npc mobs. I have killed Janta/nyim/Imp npc's/Force crystal hunters/ and night sisters. I have found some clue disks but not the set.
    Last night with a friend we killed every mob in an imp post for 2 hours and got 1 disk...

My question, this quest/event seems to favor the AFK farmers who park at NPC's every night. Why are you going to stop the drops? Some people only play 3hours a day or so and have not gotten the disks. Yet the power/AFK gamers have gotten 2-10 sets. Do you favor the AFK or prefer us all to AFK combat??????

Please do not favor the power/afk gamers. I refuse to afk combat this game, I play!!!! the game so please favor the players/ casual players....

Thank you

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcrimson View Post
    Kreen, quick question..
    I have been crafting and didnt get to decent pistol skill until last week, Since then I have killed over 1000+ npc mobs. I have killed Janta/nyim/Imp npc's/Force crystal hunters/ and night sisters. I have found some clue disks but not the set.
    Last night with a friend we killed every mob in an imp post for 2 hours and got 1 disk...

My question, this quest/event seems to favor the AFK farmers who park at NPC's every night. Why are you going to stop the drops? Some people only play 3hours a day or so and have not gotten the disks. Yet the power/AFK gamers have gotten 2-10 sets. Do you favor the AFK or prefer us all to AFK combat??????

Please do not favor the power/afk gamers. I refuse to afk combat this game, I play!!!! the game so please favor the players/ casual players....

Thank you
    I'll be quite honest. I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Ever stop to think that maybe you're killing the wrong creatures, or those with a low loot table drop that the CLUE disks are located in?
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Figured it would be NPC's maam.. killing all we see as a guild..
    Will keep looking

But if its attackable and on 2 legs.. its killed when on

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    These were supposed to stop dropping weeks ago. Now everyone and their family has a pair of goggles.

Thread Information