Thread: Accounts & Multiple Accounts

Play Stats
    Inactive

Accounts & Multiple Accounts

Accounts & Multiple Accounts

6/17/2012
    The SWGEmu Team

• Accounts & Multiple Accounts - 6/17/2012

As of late there has been a lot of discussion about multiple accounts abuse. SWGEmu team would like to remind all of you that our account policy is still in effect and that action will be taken against those that fail to follow our rules.

1. ACCOUNT GUIDELINES

SWGEmu Accounts are used to access the SWGEmu Network, including but not limited to: the SWGEmu Forums, Website, Test Center(s), Bug Tracker and IRC Server. All SWGEmu Users must follow the following rules in respect to their SWGEmu Account:

• 1.1 Multiple SWGEmu Accounts are not permitted. Each user may only have one account. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. Please see the Account Issues Policy for help.
    • 1.2 SWGEmu Accounts are non-transferable. Registered users are responsible for any actions that take place on their accounts or private messaging systems.
    • 1.3 If you are banned, it is not permitted to get back to the SWGEmu Network on an alternate account. You may contact an SWGEmu Community Manager to discuss the nature of your ban and its duration via email or private message. Submit a support ticket at http://support.swgemu.com if you feel a ban has been issued unfairly.

People with legitimate multiple household accounts have nothing to worry about. Our multiple household accounts policy can be found here.

Once again, action will be taken against those that fail to follow these rules.

~The SWGEmu Team
    mijom
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

| How to report bugs on Bug Tracker (Mantis)
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    /cheer mijom
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i have two accounts, but only because since you were hacked i can't log into, recover, or get anyone to help recovering my old account. only so much i can do.
    **edit: done and fixed
    Last edited by Artemis-x-; 06-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Come to IRC #swgemusupport channel.

EDIT: See, much better. Sekie is amazing at this account fixing thing.
    Last edited by Vlada; 06-19-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Come to IRC #swgemusupport channel.

EDIT: See, much better. Sekie is amazing at this account fixing thing.
    fixed and done, lovely to be back, thanks all

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So the answer is more than likely obvious but wanted to ask to be sure. When in-game if we see an toon with multiple accounts logged in. Is there a place to report that? I have a screenshot of a person with a toon name in this fashion (not real toon name)

TheAnser NIsnotright
    NotRight NTheAnswer

Was very easy to see that the 2nd toon was on auto follow as the person running said account would 'wait' for the toon to get close to him so it could follow him/her out of the med center.

I thought it best to ask 1st just in case. I just see this as the majority try to follow the rules but the few that don't; tend to ruin it for the majority.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by diceted View Post
    So the answer is more than likely obvious but wanted to ask to be sure. When in-game if we see an toon with multiple accounts logged in. Is there a place to report that? I have a screenshot of a person with a toon name in this fashion (not real toon name)

TheAnser NIsnotright
    NotRight NTheAnswer

Was very easy to see that the 2nd toon was on auto follow as the person running said account would 'wait' for the toon to get close to him so it could follow him/her out of the med center.

I thought it best to ask 1st just in case. I just see this as the majority try to follow the rules but the few that don't; tend to ruin it for the majority.
    Good to have you back Artemis

*ValDarak*

Play Stats
    Inactive

TheAnser NIsnotright
    NotRight NTheAnswer

If you wish to report anything please log onto http://support.swgemu.com and submit a ticket. There's an option at the bottom of the ticket submission page to upload a file.
    akorange
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

Play Stats
    Inactive

TheAnser NIsnotright
    NotRight NTheAnswer

Could have been 2 toons, one account, correct? The names are another story.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yup.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm thankful that steps are being taken to deal with this, I myself live in a household where several of us have been keeping track of this closely (My two brothers and I) and we love this game, if somebody's making multiple accounts for some nefarious purpose, likely the ruination of the game for other players, than I wholeheartedly support this effort.

EMU FTW!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    So my boyfriend and I have to share an account? We can't have our own due to living in the same house? That's kinda lame.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i think if there is a family justification then an additional account access can be requested. Ellyssia has contact info below lol
    Last edited by ktole1999; 07-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    So my boyfriend and I have to share an account? We can't have our own due to living in the same house? That's kinda lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktole1999 View Post
    i think if there is a family justification then an additional account access can be requested. i think the email is support@swgemu.com and give them details.
    Silly silly didn't read.

The link to submit for multiple household account is in the original post above, as well as here >> https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Closed Thread

Thread Information