Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Accounts & Multiple Accounts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilatoz View Post
    Can I install on other computer to test if its capable of running the game to begin with flawlessly before going ahead to order an expensive gamecopy of the game via web?, and possibly get banned? or Do i have to buy the copy to waste money on a computer that cannot run it?, (Highest i saw went for ALOT, Since the game is rare nowdays). Question why im asking is because the other computer is a laptop on a home network. And unsure with them laptops if its capable of runing the game since Graphic adapters are not recognized for very many games with integrated cards.
    You will need a legal copy of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baebar View Post
    I have my game installed on my laptop for evenings when I want to play sat in the lounge with the wife and also on my PC in the study for the nights I don't want to see her face I am assuming that's permitted, as I did the same when game was live. However, our housemate is also using my copy of the game, does he need to uninstall and buy another copy?

Cheers
    Your house mate need his own copy and you will have to request multiple household accounts if you play from the same IP.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilatoz View Post
    Can I install on other computer to test if its capable of running the game to begin with flawlessly before going ahead to order an expensive gamecopy of the game via web?, and possibly get banned? or Do i have to buy the copy to waste money on a computer that cannot run it?, (Highest i saw went for ALOT, Since the game is rare nowdays). Question why im asking is because the other computer is a laptop on a home network. And unsure with them laptops if its capable of runing the game since Graphic adapters are not recognized for very many games with integrated cards.
    You can pick up the game for around $20 on ebay. You can also get them used on amazon for a little bit more $35-40

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    You will need a legal copy of the game.

Your house mate need his own copy and you will have to request multiple household accounts if you play from the same IP.
    That's what I did but CSR Niffer banned my brother's account and didn't want to hear anything about it.

we both have a PC but in differents rooms. Mine is new and my brother's PC is very old. He often plays on mine when I'm at work, but when he plays my entertrainer is dancing in another session, so he's been banned for logging into other's account ... it's so stupide ... I really don't understand why ...

I sent him a picture of the 2 legal boxes ( we had both an account on Kauri, so we have 2 boxes )... he doesn't care ...

What can we do else?
    Last edited by arrakeens; 03-07-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can tell you that your issue will not be solved on our forum. You need to head on over to support and send them a ticket. That is the only way this can be solved. Links to support is in my sig
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just a quicky..... my boy has a swgemu account and plays tha game if he logged on my pc would he get banned because i play it too or do i have to submit a ticket for him to play on my pc....... he doesnt live with me and i only have him at weekends..

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It do not matter if you play on the same computer or different computers. As long as you share the same internet connection, you will have the same IP. If you have more than one account on the same IP, you will need to request multiple household accounts.

As I understand you, you are in violation of our rules. Head on over to our support and place a ticket for multiple accounts. Remember to check your spam filter if you do not get a reply from us. Some mail providers report us as spam.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i havent let him log in yet on my pc so will submit a ticket tnxs for quick reply

Play Stats
    Inactive
    maybe will you be more lucky than us ...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i am on my holidays in a few days and wanted to ask if its possible to install the game on my laptop to be able to play with my account there as well. is that possible?

in other words:

got my game on my homecomputer - want to play in my holidays on my laptop?

thx in advance

Rangerservice by Eule - Eules Resources of Quality Vendor / Coronet 959 -4746

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kohan View Post
    i am on my holidays in a few days and wanted to ask if its possible to install the game on my laptop to be able to play with my account there as well. is that possible?

in other words: got my game on my homecomputer - want to play in my holidays on my laptop? thx in advance
    As long as you're not staying at the same place as another SWGEmu player you shouldn't have a problem and don't have to apply for multiple accounts.
    It's possible though that you won't be able to connect to the login server if you're staying at a hotel or such as they often use VPNs.
    sgtfunkadelic
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

sgtfunkadelic@swgemu.com
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    thx for the quick answer

Rangerservice by Eule - Eules Resources of Quality Vendor / Coronet 959 -4746

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My question is what if my license was from steam.....do I just send you a picture of it in my games list along with the disks of the other users in my house

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just contact support they will give you all the details.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Here is my question I have one account if I create 2 characters and play one on computer can I log in on a second computer with the other character? (I get confused with multiple windows on one computer lol)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by aynfarika View Post
    Here is my question I have one account if I create 2 characters and play one on computer can I log in on a second computer with the other character? (I get confused with multiple windows on one computer lol)
    Yes, since you can have two characters logged in from the same account you can run them on two different computers. Not against the rules. And to clarify again, just in case, those two characters have to be from the same account; more than one account per person is not allowed.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Closed Thread

Thread Information