Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Accounts & Multiple Accounts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDestroyer View Post
    You guys should be happy that people are running around testing things, one downfall to SOEs version was the strict rules they tried to have, no one cares for them, and SOE has learned and adapted in newer MMOs.
    Yeah, strict rules were the downfall of SWG...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Yeah, strict rules were the downfall of SWG...
    Hehe... I like this statement. Almost busted out loud here in my office at work. You funny Vlada... tee-hee. And only second funny to the person who said that.

... was going to address how silly that comment was to the poster, but yeah. Just yeah.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would be remiss if I didn't ask for a little information regarding the "measures to detect multiple accounts" as both my wife and son are looking forward to playing too. Do these measures look for IP address? MAC? Some sort of Assigned UID? Does it detect more than 2 from one of the previous to be online at once?
    I'm finally back into my favorite game of all time, and now I'm worried that I could at some point be the victim of a ban because my family wishes to play as well.

If you covered that somewhere in here I missed it, but I am curious for official word on this.

Thank you.
    Tewbacco, Shryyyk, Shijjoog, Rorrayyk, Battickuk, Emilyy, and Oo'oroo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tewbacco View Post
    I would be remiss if I didn't ask for a little information regarding the "measures to detect multiple accounts" as both my wife and son are looking forward to playing too. Do these measures look for IP address? MAC? Some sort of Assigned UID? Does it detect more than 2 from one of the previous to be online at once?
    I'm finally back into my favorite game of all time, and now I'm worried that I could at some point be the victim of a ban because my family wishes to play as well.

If you covered that somewhere in here I missed it, but I am curious for official word on this.

Thank you.
    All you need to do is request permissions to use multiple accounts from the same household. Details here: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bbilbro View Post
    All you need to do is request permissions to use multiple accounts from the same household. Details here: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28
    Thank you very much. :-)
    Tewbacco, Shryyyk, Shijjoog, Rorrayyk, Battickuk, Emilyy, and Oo'oroo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    now I have a problem...I have 4 kids, which all have an account, but when they are at their mom's (divorced) I log their toons on (one at a time on separate computers) and have that toon follow mine so I can help them advance while they are gone...is that ok? it's not my account and its not dual logged

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As long as you applied for all 5 accounts and have 5 sets of disks. Multiple instances (dual logged) is allowed.
    Multiple Accounts Requests & Other Account Issues
    Even then you not supposed to share accounts.
    1.3. Do not share accounts. There is no reason to. Any account banned for another user's actions will not be unbanned at the request of the owner
    Last edited by Nykwuan; 07-25-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Curiosity on this topic.
    So this past weekend I flew out to see my son and I brought him his old copy of SWG (starter set) to install on his PC. I also had my Laptop with my copy already installed on it.
    I knew we couldn't both play at the same time while at his house without getting the prior approval but I was wondering.
    If I had logged on to my account on His PC at His house and checked my toons/houses, then later that day, he logged on to his account from that same PC, would that cause a red flag?
    Two different accounts, same computer but not simultaneous logins. I figured it might be a problem so I didn't do it, but I was just curious.

Thanks and it's so much fun to be playing cross-country with my son again! He was post CU when he started so he has a lot to learn and I'm having a great time teaching him!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My wife and I just went through the 2 accounts in a house thing and they were very quick to deal with and straighten out the situation...Send in a ticket and include account names and email addresses...TS

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have a question. I forgot my password and couldn't get the email sent to the email that is on file, where would I do this. The only way I knew how to get on these forums to ask was to make another account. I understand if you ban me as it's my own fault. An answer for the future would be ok I guess.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We do have live support or you can always submit a ticket to our support. Both links and guides on how to do it are in the Navigation bar.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So what brought this on? A sudden crack down, or a reminder out of the blue? Or is it just mods again who want to flex some Epeen. Interesting nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by mijom View Post
    Accounts & Multiple Accounts

6/17/2012
    The SWGEmu Team

• Accounts & Multiple Accounts - 6/17/2012

As of late there has been a lot of discussion about multiple accounts abuse. SWGEmu team would like to remind all of you that our account policy is still in effect and that action will be taken against those that fail to follow our rules.

People with legitimate multiple household accounts have nothing to worry about. Our multiple household accounts policy can be found here.

Once again, action will be taken against those that fail to follow these rules.

~The SWGEmu Team

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fio View Post
    So what brought this on? A sudden crack down, or a reminder out of the blue? Or is it just mods again who want to flex some Epeen. Interesting nevertheless.
    Well, this was posted on 6/17/2012. Over a year ago. It was brought on by a backed excess amount of multiple accounts or more so the community thinking there was a lot more multiple accounts and threads were everywhere about it. Thus, this post.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fio View Post
    So what brought this on?
    A necro?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    A necro?
    Philiac mmm good for you...

Closed Thread

Thread Information