Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive

SWGEmu Timeline

SWGEmu Timeline

May, 2012
    The SWGEmu Team

Since the EoL and Pre-Alpha Basilisk launch was announced there has been a lot of rumors flying around about what is going to happen and when. To avoid any further confusion and to set communities mind at ease we are releasing this timetable.

• May 14th, 2012 - Liberator offline and wiped. TC: Nova offline. Basilisk launched for stress testing.
    • May 21st, 2012 - TC: Nova online and opened to public testing again.
    • June 11th, 2012 - Basilisk testing phase complete. Basilisk wiped and becomes a test/play server. Basilisk will persist through Alpha and Beta development phase.
    • Sometime in far future - Basilisk wiped. Release developmental milestone reached. SunCrusher launched without threat of wipe, ever.

Since this is a development project and unexpected things can happen, DB wipes are always a possibility. Of course we will try to avoid this at any cost and when possible just wipe a single type of item,
    if required at all.

Alpha, Beta, and Release are phases of development, and should not be confused for part of the galaxy (server) name. They simply refer to what state the software is in that runs the server.

• Basilisk test/play server - Stable SWGEmu server that will exist through our Alpha and Beta development phase (not to be confused with complete, permanent play servers). Used for any and all kind of testing on a larger scale than our Nova test server can provide. Primarily but not exclusively used for stress testing.
    • Nova Test Center (TC: Nova) - Unstable SWGEmu test server where all the new code, bug fixes, patches etc are being tested before they are migrated to Basilisk. Prone to random crashes, deadlocks and unannounced database wipes. Can not and should in no way be confused with a play server of any kind, but is still a "recommended" server on galaxy selection and/or character creation. (If you want the new stuff, that's where you are likely to find it)
    • Prime Test Center (TC: Prime) - Exact copy of Basilisk used only for testing purposes, is not backed up as often, possibility of losing items, credits or even characters is not to be taken lightly.
    • The Pit - Permanently overt (Special forces) server. Enter at your own peril.
    • Alpha - The alpha software development phase is the stage where all features are in the process of being implemented. When it begins, there may be many missing features, but by its end, all major features should be implemented.
    • Beta - The beta software development phase is marked by the implementation of all major features. During this phase, the primary focus of software development is to fix any and all bugs, as well as implement content that expands upon the major features from Alpha.
    • Release - The release software development phase is when a software is thought to be good enough for deployment. This means that the software will be packaged and ready for use by the general public to fuel their own servers, and it will be deemed stable and complete.

PLEASE NOTE: Because this is a volunteer project, some delays or minor changes on the timetable are still possible.

~ The SWGEmu Team
    Last edited by Vlada; 06-11-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I must be dreaming...these appear to be ETA's.
    Awesome news. Thanks for all the hard work :-)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    No, not ETA's, just a timeline with no times. LOL. More likea game plan. I wish there was an ETA

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvoltron View Post
    No, not ETA's, just a timeline with no times. LOL. More likea game plan. I wish there was an ETA
    I wish i had a wallaby that can predict future, a gerbil that talks and can communicate with wallabies and a turnip.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I wish i had a wallaby that can predict future, a gerbil that talks and can communicate with wallabies and a turnip.
    Only know 1 wallaby, that's Rocko, can't predict the future. SOL on that one. Not sure about the gerbil, but you should try calling Dr. Dolittle....... But I tell you what... If you need I'll send you the money to buy a turnip.

now that that's covered.....
    Last edited by jaximus; 07-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It wouldn't help. Gerbils are pathological liars.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I know a platypus that may be able to help... ^_^

/hi5 for all the efforts

Asura

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvoltron View Post
    To be honest, I'd play it as is (minus the server deadlocks) for another few years. It's playable and has a whole lot more than when it first started.

ANd as is, it still beats WoW!

BLOODFIN VET
    Truley/Ifytee

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Cool, thanks Vlada!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwine View Post
    Cool, thanks Vlada!
    Thank Devs and QA instead, they are the real heroes here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome news

Play Stats
    18h last 30d
    Just relax and let them do as they must-if it takes 50 wipes to get us where we need to be so be it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnat View Post
    Just relax and let them do as they must-if it takes 50 wipes to get us where we need to be so be it.
    I fully agree!

Thanks Devs and all involved, you all rock!!!!!

Such an amazing time to be a part of this. I can't wait for the day I can start my Scout and then be able to tame that 1st pet. Very exciting indeed!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Outstanding news! Thank you to all the EMU team!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great stuff.
    The dev team has really pulled together and become professional. Something a lot of doubters thought would never happen.

Closed Thread

Thread Information