Closed Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would like to add my thanks and best wishes too. When I first found SWGEmu I wasn't sure what to expect but you are all doing a great job and I am not the only one waiting for the Game Launch Proper.

This was the most awesome 'Sandbox' game out there when it was 1st launched, truely unique in concept and style, it had so many possibilities with an amazing versatility to suite all playstyles. I haven't played any game since that enabled a player to just walk into a bar and sit down on the furniture!! (There may be some out there but I haven't seen them).

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    Just wanted a quick update, are we on schdule for June 11th launch? I ask only so that I can get a few days vaction in for when Basilisk is officically launched.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Killum View Post
    I would like to add my thanks and best wishes too. When I first found SWGEmu I wasn't sure what to expect but you are all doing a great job and I am not the only one waiting for the Game Launch Proper.

This was the most awesome 'Sandbox' game out there when it was 1st launched, truely unique in concept and style, it had so many possibilities with an amazing versatility to suite all playstyles. I haven't played any game since that enabled a player to just walk into a bar and sit down on the furniture!! (There may be some out there but I haven't seen them).
    Totally agree!!!
    Through the Force, things you will see...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I love it. I have played it on Test Center Nova all week this week, and just love it. Don't want to put it down. Whatever it is that is missing, I can't tell, but I definitely will be spreading the word. I love having the original profession system back-- it was so perfect! NGE was the death of the best MMO that ever lived. SOE lost their best game when they tried to target it to a larger, younger audience, and rather than reverting back to it's original context, they shut it down. SWGEmu dev team, you guys (and girls?) are heroes to those of us who were happy with the game as it once was, who had spent the best part of 3-4 years in the game, several hours a day.

It's good to have that addiction back

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Payret View Post
    Totally agree!!!
    I agree as well!
    Ikauma Hardeen, marksman on TC Nova
    Boden Kote, novice bh on Basilisk, role play mandalorian. Rest and Peace to our old Tarq server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have been spreading the word to old friends of this game. Already made one re purchase the disks on ebay. Great job to all of you guys!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I finally logged in after being away from SWG for years and I have to say, I'm impressed! Even with knowing there's a wipe coming up, I've put in tons of time.

One thing that worries me though; wipes! I know it's not yet there and wipes could potentially happen, but I think it's enough to scare some players away. For example; if we never wipe (quite possible) until release, but release is at least 2 years away, I'd play full blast like the old days. If release is more like 6 months; I don't think I'd bother. It seems really tough to get an influx of players when you never know what will happen. I could handle losing all my items if I kept my skills trees, or vice versa, just not full wipe. Hell, even transfer from beta to release whenever it happens. (I'm really just rambling, but wondering what people think).

That being said, I'm so glad I finally decided to try this out! A few things I'd love to see added/changed, but I can't complain!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCureForSin View Post
    I finally logged in after being away from SWG for years and I have to say, I'm impressed! Even with knowing there's a wipe coming up, I've put in tons of time.

One thing that worries me though; wipes! I know it's not yet there and wipes could potentially happen, but I think it's enough to scare some players away. For example; if we never wipe (quite possible) until release, but release is at least 2 years away, I'd play full blast like the old days. If release is more like 6 months; I don't think I'd bother. It seems really tough to get an influx of players when you never know what will happen. I could handle losing all my items if I kept my skills trees, or vice versa, just not full wipe. Hell, even transfer from beta to release whenever it happens. (I'm really just rambling, but wondering what people think).

That being said, I'm so glad I finally decided to try this out! A few things I'd love to see added/changed, but I can't complain!
    Wipes are a necessary part of the testing and implementation of new features and arent going anywhere.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We know we need to wipe.. But is there no way to do skill migration, even if it was partial ?
    (Once we reach alpha) Even if we have to kick a few $ into it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome!! So happy it's finally happening!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I guess all in due time. Rome wasnt rebuilt in a day!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by khatana View Post
    i love it. I have played it on test center nova all week this week, and just love it. Don't want to put it down. Whatever it is that is missing, i can't tell, but i definitely will be spreading the word. I love having the original profession system back-- it was so perfect! Nge was the death of the best mmo that ever lived. Soe lost their best game when they tried to target it to a larger, younger audience, and rather than reverting back to it's original context, they shut it down. Swgemu dev team, you guys (and girls?) are heroes to those of us who were happy with the game as it once was, who had spent the best part of 3-4 years in the game, several hours a day.

It's good to have that addiction back
    full signed!
    NGE - never forget - never forgive!
    from Bria: Snake & Wellwood

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Cool this timeline news . Great thanks for this amazing job sincerely..
    Last edited by Daarios; 05-30-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by arween View Post
    full signed!
    I totally agree also! So excited!

Cremater
    I know you guys are busy and really no rush but any idea when faction armor will be usable and or craftable?? at least storm trooper armor nothing to fancy just the normal storm trooper armor will do all the rest can be added later

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great work everyone!

Closed Thread

Thread Information