Closed Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Absolutely, very pumped myself that you guys have come this far. I've been watching you guys for years now and I think It's finally time that I have joined and became apart of the community. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!!!! You guys are bringing back the greatest game ever made!!!!! (IMO)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just jumped in over the past couple of days and I'm loving it so far, but I just read the server is going to be wiped in the future? That's going to be really painful.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Isako View Post
    I just jumped in over the past couple of days and I'm loving it so far, but I just read the server is going to be wiped in the future? That's going to be really painful.
    its not really that painfull
    just have cookies and milk at hand or your favorite poisen ( alchole)
    COMMON SENSE COSTS EXTRA
    <ISR> Ifourq Noti
    vendor ISR CRITTERS AN POWER
    -5790 6287 on naboo nth of theed

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I felt the same way at first but now I look at it as a good time to make contacts and learn how to play the game efficiently so when it goes live I'll have a good foundation to work on.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The wipe won't happen for a while. Basilisk is going to be maintained throughout the alpha and beta phase. It'll only get wiped when the full release occurs, then SunCrusher will launch and will never get wiped.

In general it's best to avoid dwelling on the future. SWGEmu is still in alpha and not all the features have been implemented yet (Such as Jump to Lightspeed and Jedi). It's still a ways away from Beta and after that an eon from full release.
    Last edited by Geckomancer; 05-07-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Lofir Equinox - Novice Musician
    GenerationX - Apprentice Gunslinger
    Crockett - Novice Medic

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I look forward to the days of SunCrusher.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Keep up the good work guys, a lot of people are really happy for your devotion on this project and can't wait for the release!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I remember enjoying this game thoroughly almost 10 years ago and was sad to hear about the server shutdown in 2011, even though the game had apparently declined dramatically since 2003. In any case, this project is very exciting, and I'm glad that the world of SWG is not dead!

the original discs for this game are definitely in my basement...
    Last edited by sleepwalker; 05-12-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We've been waiting for along time for this game to come back to us......what's another few years....but I'm not getting any younger.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ossirisward View Post
    We've been waiting for along time for this game to come back to us......what's another few years....but I'm not getting any younger.
    lol, I feel the same way. I don't intend on investing years of gameplay to have it wiped and start all over again. went through that with swg. it will not happen with the emu. so, for a few more years I wait.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    well its like 7yrs+ and all of the base professions (like Bioengineer and CH) are not implemented yet. Partials on most others. (melee ranged def and things like that, have no bearing on high end content.. (which is broken).

So, Safe to say that you can get some play time in for years to come, before the thought of a wipe.

Because im sure that they will have these professions and combat working upon release of suncrusher. and as the server sits right now.. its a looooooooong way off.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I feel like the Devs may be very close to figuring out the AI coding, I'm anticipating being a CH in the not too far future.

Junior Member TheMostInterestingMan's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by baconation4 View Post
    I feel like the Devs may be very close to figuring out the AI coding, I'm anticipating being a CH in the not too far future.
    Publish 3 will come next, then Publish 4 with creature AI, which means CH & BE functionality. Got a ways to go

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi

First off I just want to say thank you to the developers for bringing back SWG no game has ever compared to it and they have done an excellent job of getting a good community. So my question to other players is do we know what content will come with Publish 3? Thank you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Farncombe View Post
    Hi

First off I just want to say thank you to the developers for bringing back SWG no game has ever compared to it and they have done an excellent job of getting a good community. So my question to other players is do we know what content will come with Publish 3? Thank you.
    Final notes on what will be included will come right around the time of the update--you can read through the changes that have happened on Nova up to this point to get some idea, but not everything will necessarily be added to pub 3.
    O D S . . . : : : yes, this needs to be updated for the EMU : : : . . . C C X X

SWG-EMU STAFF
    QA

Closed Thread

Thread Information