Closed Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Am I right in thinking that there won't be a wipe from now on until release?

Or will there be a wipe after alpha?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There will definitely be a wipe before the 1.0 release. There might be one for beta too, but that is unknown.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would love to get an official response about that. I have many friends that would start playing once everything is in place when beta starts. I am sure they would like to start on a "fresh" beta server...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I aplaud this thread a nice one =D. We are already have a load of fun running Events. Cant wait till all features are implimented to test on Beta. cheers m8

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just wish they would put proper lair spawning. I ran around for hours last night trying to level and there were no random lairs that i could find. There are no low level mobs around the city other than meatlumps. Some of the mobs aren't attackable.

Other than that they are doing a phenomenal job.
    Last edited by Reaps; 04-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I just wish they would put proper lair spawning. I ran around for hours last night trying to level and there were no random lairs that i could find. There are no low level mobs around the city other than meatlumps. Some of the mobs aren't attackable.

You can always grab missions of the difficulty you need. If you can't see ones that are high enough, just group with some people with combat professions and the level will go up. There are solo groups running out of major cantinas all over the galaxy.

A common practice is to grab two missions in the same direction and while you are on your way to them stop at any other lairs you see that would be good xp for you.

Or you could just go to an area that has denser lair spawns, Yavin and Dantooine come to mind. There are random lair spawns on Bas, lots of them in some places, maybe you were just looking in the wrong area. You could also go to one of the populated POIs and just kill the static spawns there.
    Possibly Defectiv
    Defectiv SEAs and Resource Vendor at -2181, 1998 Quahog, Dantooine

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Greetings all! I stumbled upon SWGEMU quite by accident and couldn't believe my luck. I just read this whole thread and am very impressed with everything I've seen. Sounds like a great community on every front. I got on Amazon yesterday and ordered An Empire Divided for about $20. Not so bad IMO.

My question is, other than $$, what can I do to help? I don't have any programming skills, but would like to contribute in some way.

Anyway, just wanted to say hiya and hope to "meet" some of you in-game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by OperativeLoop View Post
    You can always grab missions of the difficulty you need. If you can't see ones that are high enough, just group with some people with combat professions and the level will go up. There are solo groups running out of major cantinas all over the galaxy.

A common practice is to grab two missions in the same direction and while you are on your way to them stop at any other lairs you see that would be good xp for you.

Or you could just go to an area that has denser lair spawns, Yavin and Dantooine come to mind. There are random lair spawns on Bas, lots of them in some places, maybe you were just looking in the wrong area. You could also go to one of the populated POIs and just kill the static spawns there.
    Come on maaaaaaaaaan. I know how to take missions. This is more about "that old feeling" for me. The lairs are a huge part of immersion for me. I am not a smurf/twink/alt. I'm just starting. Its painful to take missions that reward you with 200 exp. There are no mobs to kill around c-net that aren't camped by tons of players. I finally found some mobs on Tat. It just doesn't feel like SWG atm. The old nova felt better than this does currently.

I know they will get their, but it seems like "will get their" will be in a year or 2.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Come on maaaaaaaaaan. I know how to take missions. This is more about "that old feeling" for me. The lairs are a huge part of immersion for me. I am not a smurf/twink/alt. I'm just starting. Its painful to take missions that reward you with 200 exp. There are no mobs to kill around c-net that aren't camped by tons of players. I finally found some mobs on Tat. It just doesn't feel like SWG atm. The old nova felt better than this does currently.

I know they will get their, but it seems like "will get their" will be in a year or 2.
    I have never had problems with randoms mobs. I was able to level up quickly that way

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by djprotege View Post
    I have never had problems with randoms mobs. I was able to level up quickly that way
    Same here. Leveling on dantooine is super easy. and of course cnet is going to be super crowded...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by misonsyas View Post
    I would love to get an official response about that. I have many friends that would start playing once everything is in place when beta starts. I am sure they would like to start on a "fresh" beta server...
    Keep in mind, that the server we are on now, Basilisk, will serve for both the alpha and beta testing phases. Currently, we are in alpha, and it will still likely be a fair amount of time before we enter beta. The devs have said they will try to avoid wipes as much as possible, but they can potentially happen at any time during Basilisk's lifespan. When it's all said and done, and the SWGEmu project is ready for 1.0, everything (Basilisk) will be wiped and the new and final server will be known as SunCrusher.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirriti View Post
    Greetings all! I stumbled upon SWGEMU quite by accident and couldn't believe my luck. I just read this whole thread and am very impressed with everything I've seen. Sounds like a great community on every front. I got on Amazon yesterday and ordered An Empire Divided for about $20. Not so bad IMO.

My question is, other than $$, what can I do to help? I don't have any programming skills, but would like to contribute in some way.

Anyway, just wanted to say hiya and hope to "meet" some of you in-game.
    Welcome to the Emu!

You can help out a ton even without programming skills. There's a big need for testers right now to try things on Nova before they go to Basilisk (for more testing!) Check out the development forums https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    You may also be interested in checking out the server discussion forums https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195 and the Introductions https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71. A lot of people here are really helpful towards new players, if you look/ask around here on the forums I'm sure you can find the people giving out armor and swoops to new players :-)

I did also mention looking for more lairs in other areas as well as static spawns. I just finished up leveling master brawler outside of Coronet and most of it was done by finding random lairs while heading to missions (at least twice as many random lairs as mission lairs).
    Check out this list of POIs that have been populated with their spawns https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79815 . A ton of them are on Nova and need testing, once they are ready they will be merged to Basilisk and probably a lot sooner than a year or two ;-)

Edit: Oh, and missions should be worth a lot more than 200 xp, make sure you are getting in a group to get missions that are more difficult.
    Possibly Defectiv
    Defectiv SEAs and Resource Vendor at -2181, 1998 Quahog, Dantooine

Play Stats
    Inactive

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OperativeLoop View Post
    Welcome to the Emu!

You can help out a ton even without programming skills. There's a big need for testers right now to try things on Nova before they go to Basilisk (for more testing!) Check out the development forums https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    You may also be interested in checking out the server discussion forums https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195 and the Introductions https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71. A lot of people here are really helpful towards new players, if you look/ask around here on the forums I'm sure you can find the people giving out armor and swoops to new players :-)

Thanks for the links! I'll check them out as well. Can't wait to get the game and get going.

Inactive Code Contributors
    Play Stats
    Inactive

I've been working on the lairs for several of the planets, plan on getting most if not all of the missing creatures added to world spawners for each planet. however the world spawners are limited to 2048 lairs for the entire planet, so once the planet has reached its lair cap it stops spawning more... some planets have multiple lair spawners one for world creatures and one for creatures/npc's in specific area's.

also if you would like to see more of the low level mobs around cities, I could use a little help with info on which mobs should spawn around which cities, If you feel like helping in that respect it would be much appreciated and would help to bring the immersion into the game that you are looking for.

if you decide to help, you can post a reply here https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79815 or create a mantis ticket in the SWGEmu TBD section. https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view_all_bug_page.php A simple list like (city name: mob name, mob name, mob name, ... etc) would be helpful... the more detailed you can be the better.

Edit: forgot to mention, if you have any coding skills and feel like getting a dev environment set up you can help populate places also. the .lua files for screenplays and world spawners and such are really straight forward and not hard at all to work with. see the development section for more details.
    Last edited by marsorbust; 04-17-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Gotta say, I'm impressed. I never thought I'd play the game again. Keep it up guys, it's looking (and working) fantastic.

Closed Thread

Thread Information