Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am glad you guys have continued the work of developing this game!

Since you guys started to now I have seen great improvements and it feels close to the original. Keep up the good work!

All I can say is when the game was live they listened to all the complaints and changed the game so much that it failed. The game in it's prime was competing with WOW not because of it's similarity but because of it's originally.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I too want to thank the Devs and everyone else (yes, the financial contributors too!) for keeping the dream alive.

I started playing SWG back in the fall of 2004 having NEVER played an MMORPG. I lost much of my real world life due to spending much of it in game (funny when most of your sleep dreaming is your in-game toon!), but I was rewarded with gaining a lovely real-world wife! We always enjoy telling everyone who asks how we met, it was in the Mos Eisley cantina! I was getting an Ent Buff from her, we started chatting, started going on hunts together, 8 months later met in real life and 2 years after that got married.

Being able to play the game again as it was PreNGE (we quit shortly after NGE broke things) is not unlike visiting your old neighborhood or walking the halls of your old high school wallowing in the fond memories.

I started to play the EMU in June right after the Basilisk wipe, but real life got in the way. I'm very pleasantly surprised with the bug fixes & stability since that initial release that not only am I making a donation today but I'm re-wiping my spare system to make it a linux server again so I can also help with the development.

I'd always planned to contribute financially to this game monthly exactly as I do with any commercial MMORPG and I hope others will follow suit.

All the best,

Xirad
    Phx, AZ

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just making sure. Servers will be wiped at least once more before release correct?

Off topic, I'm thoroughly pleased to be part of this community once again. SWG was probably the only MMORPG that I ever found myself consistently enjoying before they changed everything up. Looking forward to playing vanilla once again. The grind to Jedi begins again!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes it will be wiped at least once.
    Last edited by Vlada; 11-28-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Yes it will be wipe at least once.
    I apologize. Does this mean, we won't keep our character's or anything? It will just be a complete wipe? I just started a couple days ago but just want to understand that we will all have to start over, correct?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A wipe generally means everything will be gone. All characters, all progression.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yup, everything goes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Forgive me Vlada if it is mentioned somewhere else, but it has gone 4am after several solid hours of me playing on the emu, but how come everything has to be wiped is there no way to back up and restore character profiles and the like?

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say the SWGemu team are my absolute gaming hero's I cannot tell you how great it is to be able to run about Tatooine again, just as I remember it!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream83 View Post
    Forgive me Vlada if it is mentioned somewhere else, but it has gone 4am after several solid hours of me playing on the emu, but how come everything has to be wiped is there no way to back up and restore character profiles and the like?

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say the SWGemu team are my absolute gaming hero's I cannot tell you how great it is to be able to run about Tatooine again, just as I remember it!
    We are yet to finish both alpha and beta testing stages, during which wipes are always a possibility, and then after we are done with those 1.0 will be released to general public and privete server will begin to pop up. If and what team will be launching and running SWGEmu server aka Suncrusher is not decided yet and wont be any time soon. But since its launch will mark the beaning of a permanent live game, i think making everyone start over is the best and the safest way to make sure everyone is treated equally from day one.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    ......... But since its launch will mark the beaning of a permanent live game, i think making everyone start over is the best and the safest way to make sure everyone is treated equally from day one.
    I'd never considered that point of view to be honest, but now that I have I think it would be for the best; not that you guys need any approval from the likes of me :P

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just jumped in a few days ago and fell in love all over again. Thanks for the effort and I have also pledged a monthly to help keep thing moving forward. =D

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just purchased another gaming computer in spite of SWGEMU entering Alpha.... Hopefully this game comes out before I go to college. I'm beyond siked for the release of this game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there an official thread or something for those of us who want to participate in the official launch? Rolling, and re-rolling, and re-rolling during testing, server wipes, new servers etc etc, doesn't appeal to alot of people including myself. Where can people who read these forums go to get the time when the final product or official servers get launched. I'm not interested in starting fresh more than once.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Instapeace View Post
    Is there an official thread or something for those of us who want to participate in the official launch? Rolling, and re-rolling, and re-rolling during testing, server wipes, new servers etc etc, doesn't appeal to alot of people including myself. Where can people who read these forums go to get the time when the final product or official servers get launched. I'm not interested in starting fresh more than once.
    Such a thing doesn't exist.

Closed Thread

Thread Information