Closed Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks to all involved that has gotten us to where we are now. The work must have been extremely difficult, and I applaud all of you for your sacrifice to bring us this wonderful game ! Thank you so very much

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i played for years and I am glad we still have a come to pay our respects to our friends of old and to at least keep their memory alive!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I played SWG for about a year and I fell in love with it. It's defiantly one of the most unique MMO's to date. When they shut it down I was very unhappy at the fact that we as games wouldn't be able to experience this game anymore. Thank you everyone for making this Game happen. I do miss my AT-ST walker that I got when I purchased the BIG BOX. I do hope that will one day be implemented. Anyways THANK YOU SO MUCH for bringing this back to life. And from what I've seen its even better than the original. Great Job You have made a member till the end.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I played SWG from september 03' after my dad managed to sneakily order a copy from america (to the UK) up until just after the NGE, I popped back every few months just to check up on the game, and I played for the last 6 months of it, until its death...I always prefered pre-CU/pre-NGE, and I heard something about a group of people making the EMU a while back and I was so excited for it, though I never really heard about it again until summer last year when I managed to start playing it, its been an amazing time and I cant wait for it to be 'complete' or ready for official servers, I've never once played a game with playability such as SWG, I could spend hours alone, or hours inside a cantina talking with people...building and designing player cities or my own personal houses...its just so amazing! I'm just so thankful to the people who put in hours and hours in order to sort all the code out so that I can play!!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    SWGEmu is my addiction.

Play Stats
    Inactive

100% Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Kraythunt View Post
    I played SWG from september 03' after my dad managed to sneakily order a copy from america (to the UK) up until just after the NGE, I popped back every few months just to check up on the game, and I played for the last 6 months of it, until its death...I always prefered pre-CU/pre-NGE, and I heard something about a group of people making the EMU a while back and I was so excited for it, though I never really heard about it again until summer last year when I managed to start playing it, its been an amazing time and I cant wait for it to be 'complete' or ready for official servers, I've never once played a game with playability such as SWG, I could spend hours alone, or hours inside a cantina talking with people...building and designing player cities or my own personal houses...its just so amazing! I'm just so thankful to the people who put in hours and hours in order to sort all the code out so that I can play!!

There are a lot of MMO's out there and this one is very basic as things go. But...... It pulls together all the aspects of a great game. I love crafting and searching for resources. What really draws me to it is building my own house and decorating it in game. Silly I know but no game yet has pulled off a great MMO and then given you to option to relax.... zoom to your house and just have some friends over to chat with.... Allows you to still play but take it back a notch to enjoy the social aspect of things. WOW really dropped the ball on player housing... All they would have had to do was upgrade the crafting system and zone off some areas for people to build in. That would have been amazing.... O well. I plan on donating money in the future towards server fee's. I would gladly donate every payday once they have a stable server. May I recommend a discrete area in the forums telling us what you need per month and what so far has been collected. I don't want this to die for lack of money. I am sure there are many diehard members who can easily afford to drop money towards the cause.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I know the difficulties of migrating servers. I was thinking, would it be possible, when the Live server comes up, that instead of a clean wipe, of a transfer of characters only, no supplies, items, etc., just a transfer of characters so the grind isn't unbearable to do again to reach master status of multiple professions? I would be, as I assume others as well, extremely thrilled to have my character, and character skills only, transferred over. Is this possible?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all.
    My best wishes for this great project.
    Greetings from Spain.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwackerxxx View Post
    There are a lot of MMO's out there and this one is very basic as things go. But...... It pulls together all the aspects of a great game. I love crafting and searching for resources. What really draws me to it is building my own house and decorating it in game. Silly I know but no game yet has pulled off a great MMO and then given you to option to relax.... zoom to your house and just have some friends over to chat with.... Allows you to still play but take it back a notch to enjoy the social aspect of things. WOW really dropped the ball on player housing... All they would have had to do was upgrade the crafting system and zone off some areas for people to build in. That would have been amazing.... O well. I plan on donating money in the future towards server fee's. I would gladly donate every payday once they have a stable server. May I recommend a discrete area in the forums telling us what you need per month and what so far has been collected. I don't want this to die for lack of money. I am sure there are many diehard members who can easily afford to drop money towards the cause.
    This. All of it. You beat me to it so I'll just quote. =)
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Pikeman/M. Doctor)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by crayontm View Post
    I know the difficulties of migrating servers. I was thinking, would it be possible, when the Live server comes up, that instead of a clean wipe, of a transfer of characters only, no supplies, items, etc., just a transfer of characters so the grind isn't unbearable to do again to reach master status of multiple professions? I would be, as I assume others as well, extremely thrilled to have my character, and character skills only, transferred over. Is this possible?
    I'm sure this is possible, though would probably take more coding, so I dunno that they'll do it. Also they did say there was one more wipe before Suncrusher so ya know. =(

It would be nice though. I wouldn't mind starting over from 0 credits and no items at all if I just didn't have to grind yet again. =(
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Pikeman/M. Doctor)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'll grind it again, I dont care. BRING IT!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajun View Post
    I'm sure this is possible, though would probably take more coding, so I dunno that they'll do it. Also they did say there was one more wipe before Suncrusher so ya know. =(

It would be nice though. I wouldn't mind starting over from 0 credits and no items at all if I just didn't have to grind yet again. =(
    exactly. that final wipe too will be to start over completely. although nice, will suck to grind it all again. I am up for only character transfer, although you are again stuck with any name you chose.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Cool i finally join SWGemu!! :) which server?

LTJ a guild also thank you woot!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvoltron View Post
    No, not ETA's, just a timeline with no times. LOL. More likea game plan. I wish there was an ETA
    To be honest, I'd play it as is (minus the server deadlocks) for another few years. It's playable and has a whole lot more than when it first started.

ANd as is, it still beats WoW!

BLOODFIN VET
    Truley/Ifytee

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Waiting patiently for space combat! cant wait for it... or is that not even close. cus space is what made the game for me. cruising in my tie fighter. that was the funnest thing ive ever experienced!
    Long live the Empire. Long live the Emperor!

Closed Thread

Thread Information