+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Party Tools and Mods for the User's

Client & Tools Contributor Timbab's Avatar

3rd Party Tools and Mods for the Users

Original thread creator: Zalaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalaxy
    This is just a compilation of some useful tools to enhance SWG. Some will increase your frame rate, while others will give you over 800 megabytes in new star wars music to listen to. If you have any questions please post in this thread so that if other's ever have the same problem they can get assistance. I am always open to add more.
    I've modified and expanded Zalaxy's thread to include a wider range of popular mods. Be sure to check out ModTheGalaxy.com for a bunch more mods and other client related things! If you're specifically looking for model swaps, such as armor, take a look at this forum section.

Please note, if you a mod isn't working for you, or you don't know where your correct SWGEmu directory is located, please take a look at this guide first! [Guide] Finding your SWGEmu Directory

Also, please be warned, some mods are incompatible with each other, or simply get overwritten if used together! For example: If you'd install New PreCU UI Color Schemes on top of UI Palette Enhancement Package, then the original mod by Vlade would be overwritten and you'd end up with Kayliaah's mod only.

Software
    • 60 FPS Client Version - Uli
      What is it?
      This updated version modifies your game so that when you run SWG you will no longer be capped at 30 FPS. You get twice the FPS! The modified version allows you to change the rate as well as prevents a crash bug relating to Jedi Animations
      How does this help me?
      Thing's appear and run much smoother. 20 FPS or below is where a video stop's becoming a video and starts becoming a slideshow. 60 FPS provides you with 60 frames per second. This results in a much easier to play game and greater visuals.
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Open the zip and take the SWGEmu.exe file into your SWGEmu Directory. It will ask you if you want to overwrite, click yes ONLY after backing up the original in a safe location(or by renaming). Also found in the zip is a "screenshots" folder. If you don't have one in the SWGEmu directory already, then put that in as well, if you do already have a screenshot's folder then don't worry. Once you have placed the exe file in the correct location you need to edit user.cfg (or any .cfg which is loaded). Any word program will work. Once you have the file open add the following lines in the precise formatting shown:
      [ClientLimits]
      SetFramesPerSecond=60
    • SWGEmu Settings Overrider Version 2 RC2[FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY] - Uli
      What is it?
      A tool that modifies the various settings of the game, including viewing distance, and allowing you to go over the maximum limits set up in game
      How does this help me?
      Allows you to see farther. Basically, it allows you to control and tune your game to your specific settings exactly.
      Where may I download it?
      Mediafire link to Settings Overrider 2.0 RC2
      How do I install it?
      Place the .exe into your SWG Emu directory. This will be located by default in your C drive. Final file location should be "C:\SWGEmu\SWG_Settings_Overrider.exe". Once you open the .exe it will ask you to "open the file". Find your "SWGEmu_Machine_Options.iff" file located in the main SWGEmu directory.
    • HDR Mod - ENB & RagnarokStrike
      What is it?
      This HDR mod uses the enbseries which manipulates the lighting and produces a bloom that makes the game look better and up to par with more modern games. Note that lower end systems might have a tough time running this as it will lower your framerate.
      How does this help me?
      If you're a fan of bloom and HDR, or know what ENB can do from other games, this might be to your liking.
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Simply extract it into your correct SWGEmu directory, which contains the SWGEmu.exe. If you're unsure where that is, please check this thread.

Audio
    • Better Music Mod Version 2.1 - Unknown & Kayliaah
      What is it?
      A well needed tune up to the entire Star Wars background music. This file originally hit SWG Live at over 1 gig big. The true size is actually only 600 megabytes. The difference in size is due to compression errors(which cause bigger file size). UPDATE: Kayliaah was kind enough to fix the mod up so that it plays all the music in proper order without the randomness.
      How does this help me?
      This expands on the well developed music for the game with some refreshing new music that doesn't detract from the experience. New version now available that helps quell the random playlist issues. All thanks and praise goes to Kayliaah.
      Where may I download it?
      Better Music Mod 2.1
      How do I install it?
      Full Version:
      Open the Zip file and place the "music", "scene", and "sound" folder into the SWGEmu. Same as the Client pretty much. Final file location should look like "C:\SWGEmu\music". "C:\SWGEmu\scene", and "C:\SWGEmu\sound".
      Patch Version:
      Take the patch file and place it in your SWGEmu directory like in the full version's direction above. Once the patch file is in, take the "music" folder from the better music mod that you downloaded before and place it in the SWGEmu directory. It will ask if you want to overwrite the folder and also some .mp3 files. Click yes.
      Source
      This one has been touched by many hands. The original 2.0 version was made by a gentlement named Lorem Ipsum from Starsider. The fixed version for 2.1 was made by the lovely Kayliaah and can be found here.
    • Expanded Music Mod - MatthewStarWars
      What is it?
      This mod adds more music to the planet themes and/or expands on them, I changed a couple to be what I feel more "suitable" to that planet such as endor(Now playing actual endor theme from ROTJ) and lok (Jabba's palace theme from ROTJ, for that piratey feel. Also I felt it fit as the theme plays also in the game Jedi Outcast, on a very similar planet.) The music also plays longer now that a couple of seconds, so they feel more like proper planet "themes" now,rather than a snippet.
      How does this help me?
      Another choice next to the already famous Better Music Mod!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Simply download this archive, unzip it then simply go to your SWGEmu folder and place all of the files in the "Music" folder.

Graphical
    • Planetary Map Pack for Explorers - Vlade
      What is it?
      This handy little map pack replaces the stock planetary map with an explorer oriented map. Giving you places of interest not commonly known.
      How does this help me?
      It gives you cave details, battlefields, and even odd or misplaced structures. I will warn you that the terrain itself loses detail on the map. It is a bit ugly. This is more of a function over form tool.
      Where may I download it?
      Mediafire Download
      How do I install it?
      Open the zip file and place the "texture" folder into the SWGEmu directory. The final file location should look like "C:\SWGEmu\texture". Please note that you are dragging the "texture" folder into the swgemu directory. It will ask if you want to over write the folder. Click yes.
      Source
      Vlade posted this lovely mod in response to a post about moar mods. Original post can be found here.
    • Clear Skies Mod - Lusty
      What is it?
      He got really tired of the damned rain/fog/storms/cloudy days so he decided to do something about it.
      What this mod does is remove all calls to thunderstorms, clouds, rain, and all calls to sounds associated with them.
      It also disables fog globally.
      It will give you a taste of what springtime Aussie weather is like as we in the southern hemisphere head into summer.
      How does this help me?
      If you're sick of fog and rain limiting your view range, or simply always disliked the look of SWG's clouds, definitely try this out!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Simply extract the folder into your correct SWGEmu directory, which contains the SWGEmu.exe. If you're unsure where that is, please check this thread.
    • Dantooine 2.0 - modsisl
      What is it?
      Everybody can have different interpretation of Dantooine.
      For me, one side is full of dark muds and pink flowers was not one of these. I wanted it more to look like authentical planet, while distinctive on flora, I wanted especially pink parts of Dantooine more lively. Still with flowers but more in harmony with enviroment of both Naboo and Tatooine style player structures. I wanted it to look like Khoonda of Dantooine like in KOTOR2 or Republic at War. So without loosing floral side much, my textures will give you nice feeling of seasonal changes and be in good harmony with wheat field parts of Dantooine.
      How does this help me?
      An alternate, higher resolution take on Dantooine!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Simply extract the folder into your correct SWGEmu directory, which contains the SWGEmu.exe. If you're unsure where that is, please check this thread.
    • Weapon Equipped Mount Fix - modsisl
      What is it?
      Replaces the posture animation for vehicles when you have weapons equipped with the one from the NGE.
      How does this help me?
      Enjoy the view of a more realistic vehicle posture while having weapons equipped!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
    • LOD Tweak - rosuto
      What is it?
      Forces the game to load only the highest resolution 3d model.
      How does this help me?
      Makes the game look better and improves game object loading performance!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
    • HQ Eyes - Rinzler
      What is it?
      This mod replaces the low res eye textures with uncompressed high res ones.
      Also includes optional eyebrow and teeth textures.
      How does this help me?
      Nicer eyes to look at!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Installer: Extract the downloaded Zip and run the installer, deselect any option you don't want, point the installer to your SWG emulator installation!
      Archive: Extract the downloaded Zip anywhere and drag the folders under "HQ Eyes" into your SWG emu directory. (Optional) Open "Extras" and "Comp Textures" and drag the compressed textures into your SWG emu "Texture" folder.

Interface
    • CU & NGE GUI Mod - Kayliaah
      What is it?
      This modification will change the original (PreCU) interface to resemble the interface from the Combat Upgrade (Patch 15) or that of the New Game Experience (Publish 25).
      How does this help me?
      If you're either bored of the PreCU UI or simply fancy the UI that were in the other major updates in SWG, this is the mod for you!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Install the modification by using the provided installer, select the components you wish and point the installer to your SWG Emulator directory.
    • UI Tweaks v1.0 - Anach
      What is it?
      Anach made these small tweaks for himself while playing the Emu, and thought other people might appreciate them. Especially the ability to use Caveman's UI colour palettes which he made for his Pre-NGE UI Mod.
      How does this help me?
      Might be worth a check out if you eant a slightly modified PreCU UI!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
    • UI Palette Enhancement Package - Vlade
      What is it?
      A Zip file containing some 10+ new/old UI palettes. Much more variation in color choice. This is not a UI mod that changes the actual UI interface. This expands on the existing UI with more color choices to choose from.
      How does this help me?
      MORE COLORS! /drool. No seriously this add's about 10+ additional palette's to your existing UI.
      Where may I download it?
      Mediafire Download
      How do I install it?
      Source
      Vlade posted this file in response to someone asking for more colors. The original post can be found here.
    • New PreCU UI Color Schemes - Kayliaah
      What is it?
      This small mod will add 23 new interface color schemes to the PreCU interface (PreCU icons).
      If you installed the CU or the NGE GUI Mod and unchecked the colored icons in the installer, you can install this mod and get the new color schemes without the colored icons.
      How does this help me?
      You'll get more colors to customize your UI with!
      Where may I download it?
      Original Thread
      How do I install it?
      Simply put the "ui" folder into your correct SWGEmu directory, which contains the SWGEmu.exe. If you're unsure where that is, please check this thread.
    Last edited by Timbab; 05-27-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Nice! I only knew about the fps overrider.

Nice one stop thread. Thanks.

Banned
    Better then the 60 FPS client.

Originally Posted by Uli
    SWGEmu Client Upgrade
    I still need to make an SWGANH Version.

Download

Installation:
    Extract into your SWGEmu Directory.
    Make sure there a folder called "screenshots" in your SWGEmu Directory (Without that folder screenshots will not be saved)

Changes:
    Screenshots are saved into a folder called screenshots in the SWGEmu directory.
    You can edit user.cfg (or any .cfg which is loaded) and add:

Code:
    [ClientLimits]
    SetFramesPerSecond=30

If you change the number 30 in that to 60 then the hard coded FPS Cap in SWGwill change to 60.
    Don't be stupid when setting it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gys5uay6uuc6vbu
    This client wont crash when you see certain jedi abilities animate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuu View Post
    Better then the 60 FPS client.

This client wont crash when you see certain jedi abilities animate.
    Updated.

Also was able to get the first download link of the Better Music Mod going. Rapidshare link coming up before I go to bed.

FPS Client v2 can have ANY number in the SetFramesPerSecond part so basicly, don't be stupid with it.
    Once you set it, it saves the value into the SWGEmu_Machine_options.iff file so you can remove [clientlimits] setframespersecond (It doesn't really matter just wanted to point it out because it means in the future I could add in a option into ctrl + o where you can change it realtime)
    Archived Work & Research: Here
    Github: http://github.com/MTGUli
    SWGEmu Needs Better QA Staff
    http://bit.ly/t637l9

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Hehe, between you and Uli almost all of these things came exclusively from the two of you.

Just know that the Better Music Mod was made for NGE, most of its files are completely useless for the Emulator.
    If you want more combat music to actually work on the Emulator you need the updated music manager which I posted here. --> http://www.modthegalaxy.com/forums/t...pid=263#pid263 Last post.
    Basically it expands the number of tracks you can hear in combat (PVE/PVP), use the new music manager with the Better Music mod for more effectiveness.

Also, I don't know where that Palette Enhancement package comes from but it's incomplete, I'll repost mine later, when the servers are back up that is, I got to check something first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayliaah View Post
    Just know that the Better Music Mod was made for NGE, most of its files are completely useless for the Emulator.
    If you want more combat music to actually work on the Emulator you need the updated music manager which I posted here. --> http://www.modthegalaxy.com/forums/t...pid=263#pid263 Last post.
    Basically it expands the number of tracks you can hear in combat (PVE/PVP), use the new music manager with the Better Music mod for more effectiveness.
    Sweet, Thank you Kayliaah. So just to make sure, this is complimentary to the better music mod?

Edit: HOLY HELL! MUST HAVE YOUR V3 OF THE NGE MOD! Please let me know when that sexy UI is coming to a download store near me. Is it alright when you post V3 if I add it on to this post?
    Last edited by Zalaxy; 02-14-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalaxy View Post
    Sweet, Thank you Kayliaah. So just to make sure, this is complimentary to the better music mod?

Well I uploaded it for Neo1715, it's "raw", meaning it's got the updated music manager AND the PreCU + the NGE tracks in the package, so right know you'd have to install the Updated music manager mod along with its tracks and then install the Better Music Mod over it.

Or only the music manager could be used along with the Better Music mod.

The music manager could be altered even more by adding more tracks that aren't even in NGE, I said I would be looking into it but I got carried away by another mod lol, next time when the servers are up I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalaxy View Post
    Edit: HOLY HELL! MUST HAVE YOUR V3 OF THE NGE MOD! Please let me know when that sexy UI is coming to a download store near me. Is it alright when you post V3 if I add it on to this post?
    Zomg you freaked me out.

I'll make a frakking huge post when I release the mod on Mod the Galaxy, I'll give you the link once it's done so you can put it there if you wish.
    Since we don't have a modding section on SWGEmu it's kinda hard to keep track I must say.

Well I uploaded it for Neo1715, it's "raw", meaning it's got the updated music manager AND the PreCU + the NGE tracks in the package, so right know you'd have to install the Updated music manager mod along with its tracks and then install the Better Music Mod over it.

Or only the music manager could be used along with the Better Music mod.
    I'm in the process of blending the two together and putting it all in one zip. Was actually trying to figure out if I want to do .7z and make it a smaller download.

Since we don't have a modding section on SWGEmu it's kinda hard to keep track I must say.
    That was the exact reason for this post. I was having a tough time finding all the stuff.

Go with .7z, .zip or .rar, really I haven't seen much difference, I'm using Winrar and 7-Zip but both work just fine.
    Though it's kinda hard to compress mp3 files, you'd have to sort the files that work on the Emulator and delete those that don't, but better upload it all at the moment.

Nice compilation of mods in this thread. The 60FPS is a must have imo. We should have something like this thread stickied or maybe a section on it would be nice. Nice job on getting these together. I been looking for all the different things available and some in the OP I have not seen yet like the SWGEmu Settings Overrider Version 2.

I remember seeing a thread on a program that pulls the server status information into a window on your desktop but I can not find it now. Does anyone know where that is?

I would much rather have that then looking at and refreshing the forum front page. Specially when heavy traffic is on the forum because a server is down.

I have a number of stored emulator modifications I will be making publicly available soon, keep on the lookout!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information