Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playin.fr Interview with SWGEmu Developers

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Tanaab.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was wondering if the interview was done in French or in English?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    English.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Oh! French people do speak English!
    Wonderful, i guess they do have the same accent than our Ithorian accent
    Maybe more frogy

Play Stats
    Inactive

Kashyyk

Forgive me if the spelling is off, but I think most of you will get the point. I just found SWGEMU and had to literally blow the dust off my old intallation disks. Is the wookie planet not available? Or did I somehow miss it in the galactic map? One of my favorite parts of SWG was the hunting quests there... I would need that to complete my hunting lodge

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MentosFreshmaker View Post
    Forgive me if the spelling is off, but I think most of you will get the point. I just found SWGEMU and had to literally blow the dust off my old intallation disks. Is the wookie planet not available? Or did I somehow miss it in the galactic map? One of my favorite parts of SWG was the hunting quests there... I would need that to complete my hunting lodge
    Kashyyk was not in Pre-CU and it wont be a part of 1.0.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nearing the end of 2006, it was realized that Core1 had a variety of internal problems that were hampering it's development, and the team decided that a new core had to be written. Core2 was begun to be written by Antman, but fell through by December 2006, and the completed code was integrated into the then-new Core3 projectCore2 being an experimental server was officially halted in development under the official SWGEMU team with the focus being on the then proposed release core, Core3. Core2 development continued on its own branch under Antman and he has since announced that it will soon be available open source to community members, and it remains the only fully functional SWGEmu core outside of Core3.

Does anyonw know where I can get a copy of Core2? I have been promising my son that we could run a server and play together for years now. This would be a great way for me to introduce him to SWG.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pake View Post
    Does anyonw know where I can get a copy of Core2? I have been promising my son that we could run a server and play together for years now. This would be a great way for me to introduce him to SWG.
    No such thing around here. Whats wrong with our code or our servers for that matter?

Developer
    Play Stats
    9h last 30d
    Nearing the end of 2006, it was realized that Core1 had a variety of internal problems that were hampering it's development, and the team decided that a new core had to be written. Core2 was begun to be written by Antman, but fell through by December 2006, and the completed code was integrated into the then-new Core3 projectCore2 being an experimental server was officially halted in development under the official SWGEMU team with the focus being on the then proposed release core, Core3. Core2 development continued on its own branch under Antman and he has since announced that it will soon be available open source to community members, and it remains the only fully functional SWGEmu core outside of Core3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    No such thing around here. Whats wrong with our code or our servers for that matter?

You would gain nothing even if you found a copy of Core2 to run. Core3 dwarfs it in how far it has come in development and dependability. You should just use the Official SWGEmu servers to have him play on where he can interact with other players as well.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would have to get a seperate account for him, and I'm no sure how to request one. Plus i'm not too sure he's ready for some members of the community. Also, with him being only 11 I'm not sure what some of the members would have to say about him being here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would have to get a seperate account for him, and I'm no sure how to request one. Plus i'm not too sure he's ready for some members of the community. Also, with him being only 11 I'm not sure what some of the members would have to say about him being here.
    Despite the fact that it's a perfect age to build great nostalgia for something, I'd probably keep him offline as well. I mean, this is SWG, and of any mmo it by far has the best community. But there still are some questionable people around. =( It's a shame but oh well.
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Pikeman/M. Doctor)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Doesn't mean you still can't use the Core3 releases to start up a private server for him, though. Read this for info on requesting multiple household account access for your son in the future.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Revanis View Post
    Doesn't mean you still can't use the Core3 releases to start up a private server for him, though. Read this for info on requesting multiple household account access for your son in the future.
    Yah, I think I will try getting a copy of core3 to work over Christmas, and thanks for the info. It would be good to get him started in a controlled environment I think.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Use the VMWare image and VMWareplayer or VMWare server. Worked fine for me (if you aren't an experienced Linux user, which maybe you are).

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Kashyyyk was not in Pre-CU and it wont be a part of 1.0.
    This makes me sad. Getting the hunting trophies was one of the best things from my experience in SWG.

Closed Thread

Thread Information