+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: Playin.fr Interview with SWGEmu Developers

  1. #31
    Lead Moderator
    Points: 153,028, Level: 40
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 6,822
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first GroupTagger First Class
    Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    26,530
    Points
    153,028
    Level
    40
    Tanaab.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Points: 2,757, Level: 6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteranYour first Group
    ury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    78
    Points
    2,757
    Level
    6
    I was wondering if the interview was done in French or in English?

  3. #33
    Lead Moderator
    Points: 153,028, Level: 40
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 6,822
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first GroupTagger First Class
    Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    26,530
    Points
    153,028
    Level
    40
    English.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Points: 2,757, Level: 6
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteranYour first Group
    ury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    78
    Points
    2,757
    Level
    6
    Oh! French people do speak English!
    Wonderful, i guess they do have the same accent than our Ithorian accent
    Maybe more frogy

  5. #35
    Newbie
    Points: 16, Level: 1
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Points
    16
    Level
    1

    Kashyyk

    Forgive me if the spelling is off, but I think most of you will get the point. I just found SWGEMU and had to literally blow the dust off my old intallation disks. Is the wookie planet not available? Or did I somehow miss it in the galactic map? One of my favorite parts of SWG was the hunting quests there... I would need that to complete my hunting lodge

  6. #36
    Lead Moderator
    Points: 153,028, Level: 40
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 6,822
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first GroupTagger First Class
    Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    26,530
    Points
    153,028
    Level
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by MentosFreshmaker View Post
    Forgive me if the spelling is off, but I think most of you will get the point. I just found SWGEMU and had to literally blow the dust off my old intallation disks. Is the wookie planet not available? Or did I somehow miss it in the galactic map? One of my favorite parts of SWG was the hunting quests there... I would need that to complete my hunting lodge
    Kashyyk was not in Pre-CU and it wont be a part of 1.0.

  7. #37
    Member
    Points: 5,621, Level: 8
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 829
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    347
    Points
    5,621
    Level
    8
    Nearing the end of 2006, it was realized that Core1 had a variety of internal problems that were hampering it's development, and the team decided that a new core had to be written. Core2 was begun to be written by Antman, but fell through by December 2006, and the completed code was integrated into the then-new Core3 projectCore2 being an experimental server was officially halted in development under the official SWGEMU team with the focus being on the then proposed release core, Core3. Core2 development continued on its own branch under Antman and he has since announced that it will soon be available open source to community members, and it remains the only fully functional SWGEmu core outside of Core3.


    Does anyonw know where I can get a copy of Core2? I have been promising my son that we could run a server and play together for years now. This would be a great way for me to introduce him to SWG.

  8. #38
    Lead Moderator
    Points: 153,028, Level: 40
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 6,822
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteranYour first GroupTagger First Class
    Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    26,530
    Points
    153,028
    Level
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Pake View Post
    Does anyonw know where I can get a copy of Core2? I have been promising my son that we could run a server and play together for years now. This would be a great way for me to introduce him to SWG.
    No such thing around here. Whats wrong with our code or our servers for that matter?

  9. #39
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Points: 8,803, Level: 10
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,247
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
    Hakry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dantooine
    Posts
    861
    Points
    8,803
    Level
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pake View Post
    Nearing the end of 2006, it was realized that Core1 had a variety of internal problems that were hampering it's development, and the team decided that a new core had to be written. Core2 was begun to be written by Antman, but fell through by December 2006, and the completed code was integrated into the then-new Core3 projectCore2 being an experimental server was officially halted in development under the official SWGEMU team with the focus being on the then proposed release core, Core3. Core2 development continued on its own branch under Antman and he has since announced that it will soon be available open source to community members, and it remains the only fully functional SWGEmu core outside of Core3.


    Does anyonw know where I can get a copy of Core2? I have been promising my son that we could run a server and play together for years now. This would be a great way for me to introduce him to SWG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    No such thing around here. Whats wrong with our code or our servers for that matter?

    You would gain nothing even if you found a copy of Core2 to run. Core3 dwarfs it in how far it has come in development and dependability. You should just use the Official SWGEmu servers to have him play on where he can interact with other players as well.

  10. #40
    Member
    Points: 5,621, Level: 8
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 829
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    347
    Points
    5,621
    Level
    8
    I would have to get a seperate account for him, and I'm no sure how to request one. Plus i'm not too sure he's ready for some members of the community. Also, with him being only 11 I'm not sure what some of the members would have to say about him being here.

  11. #41
    Member
    Points: 3,210, Level: 6
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Sajun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    380
    Points
    3,210
    Level
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pake View Post
    I would have to get a seperate account for him, and I'm no sure how to request one. Plus i'm not too sure he's ready for some members of the community. Also, with him being only 11 I'm not sure what some of the members would have to say about him being here.
    Despite the fact that it's a perfect age to build great nostalgia for something, I'd probably keep him offline as well. I mean, this is SWG, and of any mmo it by far has the best community. But there still are some questionable people around. =( It's a shame but oh well.
    Showcase May 4th, 2010
    Starsider: Sajun Davah <TRASH>
    Basilisk: Sajun Davah (M. Smuggler/M. Rifleman/TKA 0303/Medic 2100)

  12. #42
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Points: 14,627, Level: 13
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second ClassThree Friends10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Revanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,703
    Points
    14,627
    Level
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pake View Post
    I would have to get a seperate account for him, and I'm no sure how to request one. Plus i'm not too sure he's ready for some members of the community. Also, with him being only 11 I'm not sure what some of the members would have to say about him being here.
    Doesn't mean you still can't use the Core3 releases to start up a private server for him, though. Read this for info on requesting multiple household account access for your son in the future.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Dog Killer

  13. #43
    Member
    Points: 5,621, Level: 8
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 829
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    347
    Points
    5,621
    Level
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Revanis View Post
    Doesn't mean you still can't use the Core3 releases to start up a private server for him, though. Read this for info on requesting multiple household account access for your son in the future.
    Yah, I think I will try getting a copy of core3 to work over Christmas, and thanks for the info. It would be good to get him started in a controlled environment I think.

  14. #44
    Newbie
    Points: 2,011, Level: 5
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    34
    Points
    2,011
    Level
    5
    Use the VMWare image and VMWareplayer or VMWare server. Worked fine for me (if you aren't an experienced Linux user, which maybe you are).

  15. #45
    Newbie
    Points: 112, Level: 1
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Sc0rx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14
    Points
    112
    Level
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Kashyyyk was not in Pre-CU and it wont be a part of 1.0.
    This makes me sad. Getting the hunting trophies was one of the best things from my experience in SWG.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts