Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of SWG Celebrations

Play Stats
    Inactive

End of SWG Celebrations

End of Star Wars Galaxies Celebration
    (SoE's Live server, not SWGEmu!)

Hello everyone! For several months now, we've been sadly awaiting this day, December 15th, 2011 which marks the end of one of the greatest MMORPGs ever. Tomorrow, Sony Online Entertainment will be shutting down Star Wars Galaxies for good.

To celebrate the end of the game that we've all held so close to our hearts, the SWGEmu Event Coordinator team will be hosting a day-long event of festivities, fighting, PvP, parties, and much much more!

Join us tomorrow, Thursday December 15th, 2011, at 3:00pm EST/2:00pm CST in Coronet, Corellia. Festivities will start and last late in the evening, with the entire Event Coordinator team planning a series of different events and fun things to do with you guys. A monument will be unveiled as a dedication to Star Wars Galaxies, as we wave farewell to the old game, and look forward to the new updates coming for SWGEmu!

~ The Event Coordinator Team

Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I wonder what kind of event SOE has in store for the people who still play live
    Finalizer
    Outie - Rifleman/SL
    Yomaly - Merchant/TKM

ultimhate jedie

Play Stats
    Inactive
    About the monument, I hope you add it to all "stock" servers, and obviously, it should survive Liberator's change of code.

Veteran
    Play Stats
    249h last 30d
    Bout time they put away the whip and pulled out the gun... R.I.P. old friend.. they shoulda shot you when you got sick in 05'..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    This server is for us all to try and finish this game so you can have a server to play, hopefully with me far away from here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nautas View Post
    About the monument, I hope you add it to all "stock" servers, and obviously, it should survive Liberator's change of code.
    That is the general idea, monument is supposed to be permanent.

Play Stats
    149h last 30d
    You know, I actually lurked the SWG forums. I had a bunch of emotions come over me reading some of the farewell posts. Even though I hated the NGE, I did give it a serious go from '06-'09. It is sad to see this game that has been a large part of my life come to and end.

In fact it really hits home that the emu is all that is left. Even though we are all guilty of taking pot shots at SWG, it has been this constant that has hung over our heads. Now that it is gone, the SWGEmu are the lone torch bearers in a very dark night..if our torch is to go out, than SWG will slowly fall from our memories into oblivion.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    41h last 30d
    Watch, next day:

"We're happy to announce Star Wars Universe, the new pre-Combat Upgrade version of our previous installment, Star Wars Galaxies!"

I'd pay 30$ a month for it if they would actually do it right the second time around.

Play Stats
    149h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith13HF View Post
    Watch, next day:

"We're happy to announce Star Wars Universe, the new pre-Combat Upgrade version of our previous installment, Star Wars Galaxies!"

I'd pay 30$ a month for it if they would actually do it right the second time around.
    If they did that, Id still stick with the SWGEmu. Because if SOE even hints that they are loosing money, than they will cut the thing loose. That is just a fact about running a business, you do it to make money!

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    41h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    If they did that, Id still stick with the SWGEmu. Because if SOE even hints that they are loosing money, than they will cut the thing loose. That is just a fact about running a business, you do it to make money!
    meh, at least I'd have something to play, if only for a little bit.
    I keep getting nostalgic for SWG and then I log into emu to find that I am left disappointed.

owell tho

Play Stats
    Inactive
    don't see the point in being sad over the shutdown, not like people here will feel a big loss over a "broken" game. even the code of SWGemu isen't fnished but still alote better then SOEs junk of infinity failur.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargy View Post
    Oh its great! First, we had a huge party at the Sarlacc with jabba the hutt. Oola was present, and no other characters were there!

Then we had the rebel invasion! All the cities are now filled with rebels. You can't walk around with faction combat on anymore.

Now we are going to have 3! lag fest combat events with no point.
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    Time for kids to start playing with integrity instead of being selfish, arrogant a**holes.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thankfully I do not have work tonight

Any kind of hints as to what other kind of things we will be doing? :P

... Now.. Just to try to get home as early as possible.....

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nautas View Post
    Yes, look in theed naboo, rite when you exit starport. Monument to the dude who took the most blame for NGE and for a "non-related" reason later committed suicide

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I said my goodbyes to live SWG long ago but maybe I'll login today to attend the burial.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargy View Post
    It's supposed to be the Battle of Endor, if nothing has changed, a nice way to merge with the end of the saga.
    Who knows which faction will win this time.

It feels like it was yesterday that SOE announced that they would shut down SWG in December, time really flies.
    Even after so many years I can't believe how awesome SWG was, but let's not dwell on the past, what's done is done.

Now I hope SWGEmu will succeed, eventually.

"Help me SWGEmu, you're my only hope!"
    "There is another."
    etc etc...

Thread Information