Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Event] Operation Dewback: Dantooine (PvP)

Play Stats
    Inactive

[Event] Operation Dewback: Dantooine (PvP)

Operation Dewback: Dantooine

When? Sunday, September 25, 2011 @ 6:00pm EST/5:00pm CST

Where? Mining Outpost, Dantooine

Buffs? Provided!

<--- Secure Imperial Briefing --->

Good evening solider. You have been selected to participate in a mandatory volunteer strike force against the Rebel insurgency on Dantooine. As you may know, the Rebels have held a base of operations on Dantooine for quite some time. Though initial scouting reports indicated the location was deserted, recent activity in the area points to an active underground network that is secretly funneling supplies to the Rebellion. At this point, they are working out of the old abandoned Rebel base in the northeast quadrant of the planet.

It is our mission to lead a select group of elite commandos to the abandoned base and eliminate key Rebel personnel. Intel reports that the Rebels are being led by a guerrilla commando code-named "Aceblade". You will be led by Major Kreen of the Imperial Storm Commandos in this mission. It is vital to the success of the mission that you protect your commanding officer. Likely the enemy will be doing the same, and the death or capture of your or the enemy's commander will spell the victory or defeat for the battle.

There will be three significant pushes against the Rebel stronghold by the Imperial commandos. We will need to win in at least two of those pushes to be able to claim victory for the day. Likewise, if the Rebels defend themselves in at least two of the three pushes, we will have to discuss tactical withdrawal and harsh punishment...

As this Operation is vital in crippling the Rebel war effort, discretion is necessary. Our top scientists have heavily encrypted this transmission, so the Rebels shouldn't even see us coming. Good luck soldier, and long live the Emperor.

<--- End Briefing --->

Join the Event Coordinator team and a special guest appearance by our Quality Assurance Lead Aceblade for this weekend's PvP event! The event will start at 6:00pm EST/5:00pm CST at the Mining Outpost on Dantooine. Head there before the event starts and store your cloning data there! It's vital that you do this so you can get back into the fight ASAP. At the Mining Outpost, there will be two shuttles marked for the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire. Use the flag portals to take your side's shuttle to the prepping area. From there, you will be addressed by your commanding officer and buffed/set to Overt status. If you are neutral, or on the opposite team of the flag you choose, you will be change to that faction

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you warp with these flags there is NO turning back unless you die. Be prepared to commit to fight.

There will be 3 rounds, and the best of 2 wins the battle. For each round, your goal is to eliminate the enemy commander. Rebels: your leader will be stationary in the base, directing the traffic of battle and rushing to evacuate the base. You need to defend him for as long as possible. It may be better to push out of the base and fall back as the Imperials get closer. Imperials, your commander is a bit of a reckless trigger-happy variety. She will be leading the charge into battle, pushing forward against the Rebels. It is your duty to keep up with your commander's advances and protect her if she becomes overwhelmed. When either side's commander dies, the round is over.

While there is no set time limit, the Imperial commander will constantly be moving forward into the Rebel base. When the two commanders reach other, they will start to fight until one of them is killed. For the entire round, you may resurrect and rejoin the battle with no limit, though the buffs will be severely less than the initial starting ones. It is better to stay alive than go on suicide runs. Doctors and Combat Medics will be a huge deciding factor in this battle. There are no bodies of water to snuff out flames, so the side that has the most fire blankets, poison/disease cures, and heals for their commander will be the winning side. Remember this when you're choosing your character to bring!

Both sides will recieve the following badges for participating:

"...has been recognized as an exceptional soldier in the war."
    "...has participated in a Live Event."

Additionally, the winning team (Rebel or Imperial) will receive the following badge respectively:

"...has earned the Rebel Badge of Courage."
    "...has earned the Imperial Badge of Merit."

And finally, one player from each side who displays an excellent grasp of leadership and immersion in the game, acting their part in-character as a soldier for the Empire or a commando for the Rebellion will receive the following badge:

"...has been recognized as having a memorable personality."

So are you a roleplayer but don't really want to fight? Come anyway and offer your support for your team! Encourage them, call out for medics, coordinate strikes; you may just get a badge for it!

We look forward to seeing you all there for quite an epic battle!

Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I know my rebels can beat your imperials! Should be fun
    Former QA Leader

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ah damn. If this would have been on Naboo, my character would have joined up and participated. I don't have any characters that would be interested in defending Dantooine :P
    Cacoethes scribendi

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Count me in.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds fun, i'll be there.
    Too weird to live... To rare to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farstar Vet.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    thanks Kreen this epic event
    cheers

IGNs: Srith Aine, Arhitector ArgonyX

Play Stats
    Inactive
    omg... this is midnight in Europe... :O

IGNs: Srith Aine, Arhitector ArgonyX

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    "Trigger happy" kreen, ha. Love the story! Much more interesting than my poor attempts at writing

Will defo be there for this. Imperials shall crush the rebel scum!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds Like a Blast Kreen...I'll be There. May the force Be with us...

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Epic!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegaso platoon View Post
    "Trigger happy" kreen, ha. Love the story! Much more interesting than my poor attempts at writing

Will defo be there for this. Imperials shall crush the rebel scum!
    Woohoo!! Go Imperials!!!
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    101h last 30d
    sounds like rebels get an advantage as your guy is stationary and heavily guarded and our guy is just charging in lol, il be there anyways to support my team.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnos123 View Post
    sounds like rebels get an advantage as your guy is stationary and heavily guarded and our guy is just charging in lol, il be there anyways to support my team.
    You could take it either way. On one hand, their leader is all safely tucked away and we have to fight to get to him, and the Imperial leader is out in the open. On the other hand, the Imperials get the bonus of having their leader fight in combat, and we'll be hitting fairly hard I imagine it'll mostly work out, and if it doesn't, we'll change things up to balance it.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Where's the rebel love in this thread? With the number of rebels in this thread I'm going to have to hide under a desk somewhere. :P
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well I'll get my Imps behind me, are Bounty Hunter's/Jedi Killers allowed?

Thread Information